Start by marking “Avatar: The Last Airbender - Team Avatar Tales” as Want to Read:
Avatar: The Last Airbender - Team Avatar Tales

Avatar: The Last Airbender - Team Avatar Tales

(Avatar: The Last Airbender Books)

This anthology from the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender features all your favorite characters, brought to life by a cast of all-star creators!

Journey along with Team Avatar as they rescue a pumpkin farmer waylaid by monsters, go undercover in the Fire Nation, help an old rival with a hair-raising problem, and reflect on what it means to save the world. Feat
Published October 15th 2019 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Avatar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avatar

Start your review of Avatar: The Last Airbender - Team Avatar Tales
Alyssa
May 12, 2018 marked it as to-read
Team Avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jena
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Like any collection of short stories, I liked some more than others. Overall very cute and I think this would make a nice gift for someone who has watched the Avatar show but hasn't read any of the comics, since it's just little stories about favorite characters.

(Also can we talk about how pretty Katara looks on the cover??)
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
A bit underwhelming as I had read several of these before. One full star is for The Pebble.
Amanda Koger
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
these were so cute and fun! the last one was so festive and adorable!
Andie
Oct 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Mm....nah.
Izzie
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
cute compilation of one-off stories published in diff locations / timelines... not a required read for the ALTA fandom but cute nonetheless
Kayla
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute little stories, I just wish at least one of them had my favorite character, Zuko, in the plot. Only mentions of him.
Siobhán
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute little collection of a few Avatar stories taking place both during and after the original series. Drawing style varies but I somewhat liked that. Tales weren't obviously very deep, but it was sorta wholesome.

And you meet Racoon-Crows. I just like the hybrid animals. :)

4 Stars
Nicholas Palka
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019

There were some cute stories in here. It's a little disappointing that Iroh, Azula, or even Zuko, who is on the cover of this book did not make it in this graphic novel.

I'm giving this 4 stars because of all the nostalgia. But, don't put Zuko on the cover if he's not going to make an appearance...........................

I especially enjoyed the stories that involved Mai, background on Avatar Kyoshi, and Ty Lee. The orgami one with the same-sex couple
Neurocomp
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-graphic
keep forgetting this storyverse is for kids...stories were great fun but graphics not to my liking. Maybe graphics due to the anthology/short-story style or just the use of vareity of old fashion comic styles, or overall fun style. Similar to how transformers uses 3-4 different styles across their storyverse.

Also 2-3 of teh stories dont' seem to match how regular story line went (the KeiLo/Mai story & one of teh Toph or SOkka stories) which is weird cuz GLY wrote the first 5 stor
Vicki
See my status updates on my opinion on each individual story. Overall, a lot of cute and fun stories, but they all felt more like filler episodes than anything that truly enriched the lore of the series. There's something to be said when Gene Luen Yang had something to do with 2/3s of my favorite ones ("Shells" which he wrote and "Sokka's Poem" which he illustrated), right? (My other favorite was "Toph and the Boulder" because I have a soft spot for stories about (croco)cats and the big strong m ...more
Chris Lemmerman
Short, sweet, and to the point. Collecting some random Avatar Free Comic Book Day stories and some shorter vignettes, this collection's been delayed out the rear end, but it's hardly essential. It's nice to check back in on some of your favourite characters; I'd say these mostly skew younger than the usual Avatar fare except perhaps the Mei story that opens the book, but I'm sure any Avatar fan will at least crack a smile reading this.
Jess
Nov 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed 'Shells', 'Sokka's Poem', and 'Origami' the most. The art in Sokka's Poem was probably my favourite, followed by Origami. The other stories were okay - I did enjoy the glimpse into Ty Lee's background we get in 'Sisters' - but they weren't amazing. It was a solid little anthology, but I think I prefer watching Avatar rather than reading it.
Ashley
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
This collection started strong: a beautiful cover by Sara Kipin and the first story, Rebound (Gene Luen Yang and Ryan Hill), were very compelling. Nothing else quite measured up, though many were perfectly "fine" as a way to pass the time. Yang's second entry was downright bad.

Wouldn't recommend, though that cover is SO BEAUTIFUL! and the first story is worth reading.
Jenna
Entertaining collection with varying levels of interest. It was a bit disjointed at the start of each issue, as you had to situate yourself within the Avatar timeline.

Most favorite short? Toph and the Boulder! Tone-wise, it was rather ridiculous, but highly entertaining, especially how strongly the Boulder’s voice actor rang through my head while reading it.
Mahlon
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
This made me so giggly. What a cute anthology! I was happy to see Mai, Ty Lee, and The Boulder have special features, but I wish Zuko and Aang had dedicated stories. (Sokka had so many! And that's not a disservice to Sokka. His stories are very good.) I just feel like this could have been balanced more evenly across the characters?
Liz
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These stories were adorable. Simple and funny. They seemed realistic and accurate to the characters and I could hear their voices in my head while reading. I loved the modern take. Nothing too fancy here, just some short stories. Loved all the artwork too! Great selection and collection of artists.
Your Common House Bat
Not enough Azula but I still enjoyed reading it lol. The stories were all really cute. I especially loved the story about The Bolder and the one where they were in the pumpkin patch. The latter reminded me of Charlie Brown. It was a nice spoopy thing for an October day.
Amy
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, 2019
Some were better than others, but “Toph and the Boulder” made the entire collection worth reading 😻
alyssa
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Short, but very cute! I loved that every story had a different author and artist.
Sesana
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Mostly nice little short stories.
Emily
i want the book cover in poster form so badlyyyyy
Sumbal Saba
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-books-i-like
So funny and awesome! I wish there was a story that included Zuko tho...
Seth Runyon
rated it it was ok
Oct 16, 2019
KING Jomar
rated it did not like it
Nov 04, 2019
Oct 27, 2019
Braken YT
Mar 06, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part Three (Imbalance, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part Two (Imbalance, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part One (Imbalance, #1)
  • The Rise of Kyoshi (The Kyoshi Novels, #1)
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part One (Ruins of the Empire, #1)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Three (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #3)
  • Runaways, Vol. 4: But You Can't Hide
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Two (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #2)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars Library Edition
  • Stage Dreams
  • Love, Hate & Other Filters
  • Joker
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender--Imbalance Library Edition
  • The Female of the Species
  • Magnificent Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: Destined
  • "Okay" (The Wicked + The Divine #9)
  • The Beauty Myth
  • Even the Saints Audition
Gene Yang began drawing comic books in the fifth grade. In 1997, he received the Xeric Grant, a prestigious comics industry grant, for Gordon Yamamoto and the King of the Geeks, his first comics work as an adult. He has since written and drawn a number of titles, including Duncan's Kingdom (with art by Derek Kirk Kim) and The Rosary Comic Book. American Born Chinese received National Book Award.

He lives in the

Avatar: The Last Airbender Books (1 - 10 of 77 books)
  • Avatar The Last Airbender: The Art of the Animated Series
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Poster Collection
  • The Last Airbender: Prequel - Zuko's Story
  • Avatar Volume 1: The Last Airbender (Avatar #1)
  • Avatar Volume 2: The Last Airbender (Avatar #2)
  • Avatar Volume 3: The Last Airbender (Avatar #3)
  • Avatar Volume 4: The Last Airbender (Avatar #4)
  • Avatar Volume 5: The Last Airbender (Avatar #5)
  • Avatar Volume 6: The Last Airbender (Avatar #6)
  • Avatar Volume 7: The Last Airbender (Avatar #7)