Start by marking “Welcome to the Sombre Days” as Want to Read:
Welcome to the Sombre Days

Welcome to the Sombre Days

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  6 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
"This book welcomes us to the sombre days, and in the same breath, it shows us the light at the end of the tunnel. We are led into worlds through sensual words and precise descriptions." - Lihi Ben Haim, Founder of the Poetry Community

'Welcome to the Sombre Days' is Jeremy Mifsud's autobiographical story told in eighty-eight poems. Jeremy explores his religious upbringing,
Published March 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Welcome to the Sombre Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome to the Sombre Days

Neminem
May 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: poems
The first impression I got after completing this book is that it is precisely what the author intended it to be. It paints a picture of what his life had been. From childhood to adulthood, from the past to the present, it is an account of what he was and what he is now. Also these 85 + poems divided into four distinct chapters traces the evolution of a person -
From realizing what the world around him is, what he is, and finding his place in it. Then to a slow downward spiral into an abyss which
Jeremy Mifsud
May 01, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
*Author's Own Review*

This autobiographical collection is one that I am grateful that I wrote. Every now and then I come back to it, open and read different poems. Each time I read a poem, something strikes me. It may be obvious that I am able to identify with my own pain, but there's also the gem of inspiration. The author who wrote the poems is speaking to me in the present and showing me how to accept the situation.

Writing the book was a challenge. Going back to the worst periods of my life w
Lirio Marchito
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: english-poetry
Over all, the book took me on an emotional roller coaster. I clinged in there, hoping to know more, yet sad because all the traumas explained in these poems were relatable. I have lived them all, either as a fear or insecurity in my own life or watched it feed on a dear friend’s. Poems like ‘archetypes’,’fragments of memory’, ‘outcast’, ‘blossom(2)’, ‘skin to skin’, ‘ghost’, ‘uncertainty, and ‘crossroads’ were my personal favorites. I also liked the structure of this collection,well organized in ...more
Grezia
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reading ‘Welcome to the Sombre days’ was an emotional journey portraying the evolution of the author. Having the privilege of knowing Jeremy beforehand this book shed light on the challenges he had to overcome to develop into the great person he is today. The slow subtle growth makes you frequently move to and fro comparing one poem to another. Being a mental health survivor myself this book gave me hope. Seeing how Jeremy managed to mold a bitter experience into such growth and determination is ...more
Lavi Picu
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a gift and I thought it was worth leaving a review.
It’s a great collection of autobiographical poetry exploring life and its struggles, written by a young promising author.
Jeremy Mifsud embarks the readers on an inspiring emotional journey which reminds that we are a sum of our experiences. “Welcome to the sombre days” is a thought-provocative book that should be on your reading list this summer.
I loved how the author explored different poetic styles. I was pleasantly su
Mateo Lara
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
There's an important idea about how we move through sadness, move through life. I recommend this book highly, if you want to interpret surroundings and a mood of life.
Shreya Jindal
Nov 12, 2018
Kimelene Carr
marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2018
Jeremy Mifsud was born in Malta in 1994. In 2017, he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Psychology. Key experiences in his life that influence his writing include coming out and battling with depression for two years, from the age of seventeen to twenty. He has been writing since 2013 as a way to therapeutically express himself and cope with his mental health.

In January 2017, he p