Start by marking “The Witch of the Meadows (The Windborne Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Witch of the Meadows (The Windborne Book 1)

The Witch of the Meadows (The Windborne Book 1)

“Can I see your magic?”
His face flushed red, but Beri shrugged and smiled sheepishly. “Sure.” He brought up his hand, his empty hand, and a ball of rich emerald-green magic appeared. It swirled in clouds of mist, slightly thicker here, slightly lighter in color there, dancing in a mesmerizing play within his long fingers. Above it, Beri watched her.
Fern’s stomach gave an
Published March 27th 2018 by Sprouting Star Press

To ask other readers questions about The Witch of the Meadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Witch of the Meadows

Dianne
A touch of fantasy and magic in a coming of age and self-discovery novel, perfect for all ages! Laurel Wanrow’s WITCH OF THE MEADOWS is a delightful read about a girl who discovers family and her true heritage through a magical portal, even as she learns of her own magic and the ties she has to the earth and all of its creatures.

Fern has that magical Green Thumb we all crave at one time or another, and secretly stealing through a magical portal, she finds “the meadow” in trouble and her grandmot
meghann
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I loved this story. Fern was pretty awesome. Girl could take care of herself (and take down anyone with her wrestling moves). I loved how she held her own and fought for what she wanted, even when she was at a disadvantage without magic. The Meadows sound like my dream place, and I would like to know how to find a portal there asap. The friends Fern made were so much fun, and I seriously need more Hilda the guinea pig in my life. This ended just the way I wanted, and I look forward to reading th ...more
Rae Knightly
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Readers who are into magic connected to the earth, plants and wildlife will love this fantasy story about a girl who works hard to become the protector of her ancestor's land. The connection between the island and its caregivers becomes the reader's own. Descriptions of surging magic, wild countryside and plants and animals that live on it are vivid and soothing. Some major and exciting revelations in the story sometimes missed the same detailed attention, though.
Margaret Osburn
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
👍👍👍👍👍Great New author.🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌 Wonderfully written. Enjoyed every page.😘😘 A must read.📚📚 Strong, likeable characters.👏👏👏 Full of magic and plenty of action.📖📖 Open it up today and you won't put it down until your finished. 🎇Read and enjoy.
👂👂I received a copy of this book (ARC) and this is my voluntary honest review.👌
Crystal
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received this book free from the author, this did not affect my review.

I’m a city girl. Born and bred. With absolutely no affinity for growing things. It’s the watering you see. I’m in Southern California, and green things are already at a disadvantage in a desert climate where it rarely rains. I, being easily distractable, forget to water for just a short time and the poor plants are goners. That being said, I love a garden. My daughter (just as distractable) and I are planning a
Alisa
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful YA tale about a 17 year old Fern who lives with her mother and does not remember her father. Her mother is tight with details. She builds a relationship with her gran after finding a small glass globe in her mother's drawer which she discovered transport her from her bathroom to her gran's bathroom. While Fern's mom is busy creating her glass art, or going to art shows, Fern helps Gran in Ireland with her yard and garden.
She soon begins to understand that Gran's world is a sp
Anna
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***I read and reviewed this book voluntarily, all opinions are my own!***

I'm already a big fan of Laurel Wanrow's previous works and this new series, is definitely as good as the rest and all on it's own a great start to a new series!!! I loved the fantastical element to the Isle. There was so much great plant terminology and references, as Wanrow is always good at descriptions like that, and I loved the characters she painted for us as well. Fern is a great heroine and a character you just can'
Jessica
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Overall a fun and enjoyable start to a series

The Witch of the Meadows is the first book in the Windborne series by Laurel Wanrow. It is a YA fantasy book with some romance. The main character is Fern Fields, and you meet her in the middle of juggling hiding secrets from her mom and helping her Gran with a mysterious project that even she doesn’t know the full scope of. As she discovers more about her trial, she meets some new friends. I would have liked more development in these friendships, but
Scarolet Ellis
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I have read this author. From what I have read in this wonderful YA book. Laurel Wanrow is a wonderful writer. I am enjoying this new magic series and I highly recommend it to anyone who loves a great YA book.

I recieved this book for an honest review
Shannon
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great story full of different magic. The characters are wonderful and the semi-hidden world they live in is rich.
Natasha Mcknight
Dec 09, 2018
SARIT
Dec 06, 2018
Laurel Wanrow
Mar 01, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Sandy Stephenson
Leslie Marie
Nov 23, 2018
PAULA COCKRUM
Nov 24, 2018
Lovers of Paranor...: R2R The Witch of the Meadows (YA fantasy) 8 43 Jan 02, 2019 06:57AM
Laurel Wanrow loves misty mornings, the smell of freshly dug earth, petting long-haired guinea pigs and staring at the stars. She sees magic in nature and loves to photograph it.

Before kids, she studied and worked as a naturalist—someone who leads wildflower and other nature walks. During a stint of homeschooling, she turned her writing skills to fiction to share her love of the land, magical char