Start by marking “Dak's Omega (Bear's Cove #1)” as Want to Read:
Dak's Omega (Bear's Cove #1)

Dak's Omega

(Bear's Cove #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  118 ratings  ·  29 reviews
A MM/MPreg Romance

Bear’s Cove is Dak Freeman’s chance to start over.

Leaving Forrest Hills and his ex-husband behind, Dak vowed to start over as a deputy in the small, bear-shifter town of Bear’s Cove. On his two first nights, he’s called to a nightclub to restore order. Both times, handsome Chase Longfellow is the one causing problems.

Chase Longfellow had been an outc
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 117 pages
Published February 28th 2018 by Lost Goddess Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Dak's Omega, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dak's Omega

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Dak's Omega (Bear's Cove #1)
⚣Michaelle⚣
3.0 Stars

Really glad I picked this up as a freebie from Amazon (I think it's KU, too) because...yeah, meh.

I liked that it was bear-shifter themed (as opposed to the plethora of wolf-shifter books) but it wasn't anything new. And it tried to be kinky but while I am pretty much in favor of a slut for anything at all resembling "Daddy" kink, this one fell well short of the mark. Rarely did the "Daddy" aspects translate well, and for most of the scenarios where Chase calls Dak "Daddy"? Yeah, it was
Barbara
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a great start to a shifter series, not to mention a great concept for a storyline. The series is about gay bear shifters who live in their own community, with their fair share of problems and issues. Even in the shifter community, the people can be judgmental and harsh. This can’t be truer for Chase. A young male bear shifter that lost his parent at a young age due to a horrible incident. His grandmother stepped in to raise him but that doesn’t stop the people of the community to treat ...more
Dar
I really enjoyed reading about Chase and Dak. They clicked immediately, and were exactly what the other needed. Throw in some Daddy Dom/little cub, and the heat between them is palpable. Again, neither realized it was what they needed, but it felt right, it felt natural, and they made it work. This town seems to be a perfect place for them to flourish!
Pansy
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very nice bed - time story

A fun paranormal mm romance. I picked this up in the first place because that "MPreg" thing . . . Well not only did it sound hinky, but a little kinky too. I mean really, how does something like that work? I still don't know, but this was a sweet romance with some kink. Very nice bed - time story .
brian g. fraser
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed

Chase is a sweet omega who drinks his loneliness away on the weekends he lives with his grandmother due to the murder of his parents when he was six. Dak is a newly single Alpha and a new sheriff's deputy who happens to get a call about a disturbance at the local bar guess who that disturbance was. This is a short book but it does have a lot of story the blurb mentions some daddy kink but it's light more sweet and used primarily in intimate moments. I really liked Chase he was smart and l
Fiona
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dak is now single after his husband left him for greener pastures, Dak has plans on staying to care for his ailing fathers, but they encourage him to move to Bear Cove to take a job as a Deputy there. He is called to a night club where he meets. Chase who is drunk and throwing bottles off the roof, he arrests him and when the owner of the club says he doesn’t want to press charges, he takes him home to sleep it off, the next night he is arresting him again for drunk and disorderly behaviour agai ...more
Margaret
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dak moves to Bear Cove to get away from his divorce and encounters Chase.
Moving to the bear shifter town of Bear Cove and becoming a deputy Alpha bear shifter Dak Freeman hopes for a fresh start. On his first night on duty he is called to the local night club as someone is throwing beer bottles off the roof and encounter a very drunk Omega bear shifter Chase Longfellow. After Chase passes out Dak takes him home to his place to sleep it off as he does not know where Chase lives and in the morning
Sylvia
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellently written, great characters and a truly wonderful story. Dak leaves his home town after filing for divorce and his father’s telling him they are fine and on the mend from being ill. He moves to bear’s cove and becomes the sheriff.

Chase an outcast his whole life due to circumstances outside of his control. As a kid his family was murder and he survived due to hiding like he was told. Known to getting drunk and sent home by officers, unfortunately sheriff Dak’s was not told about this. A
T Paul
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book starts off very quickly. Within just a few pages a relationship is formed between Dak and Chase. I did enjoy the way this author portrayed the town’s opinion of Chase and the way it influenced his behavior. I liked Dak’s approach and finally his submission to the instant draw he felt toward Chase. The story did great on representing the idea of, what I would call bigotry, towards Chase for his situation in life. Logan’s eventual loyalty to Chase, also, warmed my heart. This story was e ...more
C.B.
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you find what you need, when you're not even looking for it. Dak and Hoyt were promised at 17, by their fathers. They married at 21 and lasted 6 years Dad wanted children, Hoyt wanted fun. Hoyt left Dad who was angry rather than hurt. He relocated to start over. He got a job as Sheriff's deputy working for his friend Cord. Chase had childhood trauma and acted out to compensate for his abandonment issues. Dak was drawn to chase and felt he needed self discipline. Chase was attracted an ...more
Claudia
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Chase was a tragic figure from childhood onward, when his parents had been killed. Instead of helping the child the town decided to think of him as tainted and bringing bad luck to people.
When Dak becomes the new police deputy in town he just treats Chase like he would anyone else and this is the start of so much more. But a misunderstanding drives the couple apart.
A good story - well-written and entertaining. I really enjoyed the character descriptions and the very believable emotional turmoil
L H
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dak comes to town to get away from a relationship gone bad and in search of a new start. Chase has been living in town and does not enjoy a good reputation and gets in trouble. Dak is the new police deputy so since Chase gets in trouble their paths were bound to cross. There was a nice development of their association to relationship over the course of the story and then some drama but it is nice to read this couple come into its own. I will look forward to other stories by this author.

I receive
LateciaJ
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this alpha/omega story. Dak has heartbreak with his pending divorce so his family suggest he needs a different town for a better outlook for his life. Dak wants a family and a second chance so he moves and gets transferred to Bear's Cove. This is where he finds his wayward "cub" and falls in love. This story was soooo freaking sweet and heartfelt. Dak and Chase journey to love was wonderful and I can't wait to read the next book with Chase best friend Logan.

I received a free co
Courtney Turner
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet and fun m/m mpreg shifter romance. You will fall in love with Dak and Chase. Dak is starting over in a new town and meets the bratty omega Chase when he arrests him. Chase seems to need an alpha to keep him in line and Dak is perfect fir the job. This book is short and sweet and full of heat! Loved it

Lori
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
When Dak's marriage ends, he moves to be a deputy in a small shifter town. After arresting Chase a few times, he shows his dominant, daddy bear side to the slightly wild, misunderstood cub. This is a sweet, sexy romance.

Sara Sigler
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dak’s omega left him, so they were getting a divorce. His dads told their sons that they getting better so that no one would stay. They sent Dak to another town for a deputy job. There he met his omega and both falling in love. They had a hiccup with the ex but it got straightened out. That is great that they were back together and having a baby!
Suzanne Irving
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
A. J. Stone is a new to me author whose book I enjoyed reading. This is another fun M/m shifter story that those of you who like a bit of kink will enjoy. While not the most original book I have read of this type, it was fun to read.

Mim  Crenshaw
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was well written with an intriguing storyline that kept me reading. The characters were so likeable and had amazing chemistry. I really liked there personalities and interactions.

Angelica
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first bear shifter story I have ever read. I am now curious what the next book is about. The author has MPREG listed but it doesn’t go there where you get details of during or after childbirth so don’t worry about gruesome scenes.
Debby
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun short read

Dak’s Omega was a fun moderately paced book. The characters Dak and Chase made a sweet couple, the bouncy Chase was great paired with broody Dak. I voluntarily received this advanced reader copy and have given an unbiased review
Cynthia Brooks
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dak is moving to Bear's Cove to start over after his marriage breaks up. Chase is enjoying partying and hooking up with different alphas until he gets arrested by the new deputy, Dak Freeman. I really enjoyed this book.
Sharonl
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute

Standard shifter mpreg that fans would enjoy. Ended a bit abruptly. Good start if this is a series because of unresolved cold case murder, pending birth and appealing MCs and other characters in the town.
Ramona
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This being the first Shifter Book I have ever read I would say that it was not really a bad book. I enjoyed the story line and the Characters. Dak and Chase's story is sweet and sexy. I really have no other to base my opinion on but it was an enjoyable read.
Dawn
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great shifter romance. Love Dak he has thing so hard but when he takes Chase in hand he becomes the alpha he is supposed to be. When his x returns things get bumpy but Dak and Chase belong together. This was a great storyline and I hope there is more to come.
BusyM3
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was the first book in this series. It was enjoyable, the characters fit well together and have an instant connection. A great read.

I am voluntarily leaving a review.
Alexis
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an easy read with some fun characters. I liked the daddy and cub aspects of the story. It was an enjoyable bear shifter story. I liked how the characters helped each other grow.
Tayra Sanders
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thought the story was very well written and flowed well. The story kept me glued to the pages to see how everything would turn out. I loved the characters and had this read in one sitting.
Pati
I'm so glad that I picked this up as a freebie.
Jennifer babcock
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
nice love story

The book was good in general but I was disappointed in how it ended I would of loved to see decoupled the cubs in more detail. Kind of a disappointment
Debra Hayman
Mar 22, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Fighting the Flames  (Where There's Smoke, #1)
  • Tempting the Flames (Where There's Smoke, #2)
  • Unarmed (Knitting Club #1)
  • His Dragon Protector (Divine Dragons, #2)
  • A Billionaire Rebel (The Holden Brothers #2)
  • A Billionaire Gentleman (The Holden Brothers #1)
  • The Promise
  • Foxy Neighbor Daddy
  • Tears of the Dragon (Drake's Street #3)
  • The Earl's Acceptance: Collection (The Earl's Acceptance, #1-3)
  • Save Me (Gothic Omegaverse #2)
  • Night Before New Year's
  • Unbreakable Bond (Fated Mates Duet #1)
  • Resisting Temptation (Second Chance Lovers Book 6)
  • Nate (Stryker County Fire Dept. #3)
  • When the Clock Strikes Midnight
  • Re/Bound (Doms of the FBI #1)
  • Lured (Straight Taste #3)
A.J.^^Stone

Bear's Cove (3 books)
  • Tanzil's Second Chance (Bear's Cove #2)
  • Perfect Blend: Kofi's Omega (Bear's Cove #3)

News & Interviews