Start by marking “Down and Dirty” as Want to Read:
Down and Dirty

Down and Dirty

Get in, get down…and get filthy with these sexy, hardworking, blue-collar heroes who don’t mind when things get a little dirty at work or at play.

This collection of 22 brand new stories from USA Today and International Best-Selling authors is full of scorching hot romance tales that will be sure to leave you breathless for more. These men work hard and play eve
Published May 22nd 2018 by Romance Rebels Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Down and Dirty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Down and Dirty

Deanne Taylor
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG, gonna try to do all of them, LOL. Bear with me
1. Scouts Honor By Maia Dylan-- Cooper has enough to deal with, safety issues, storms on the open sea and suits trying to tell him what to do, enter Honor, a strong feisty woman who has a kinda ex onboard and gets into a bit of danger. Can Cooper keep her and everyone safe and still win her heart? (one of the authors I stalk, LOL)
2. Keep You Safe by C.R. Moss--A new to me author but loved this story. Arianna had her reasons for not t
Rhonda
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this anthology and here's a short review for each story! Warning, it's gonna be long! LOL

1. Pieced Together by Lori King: When Garrett has to have surgery on his knee, stopping him from leaving with his troop, he's a little ticked off. That is until nurse Karly enters the room and his life. She's not keen on anything with him but what starts out as "friends" going out together quickly turns into something she's not expecting. Still confused, it takes a set back in Garrett's rec
Kathi
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Look at this list of authors – So Many great Stories!!!

…. skipped a few ……

***** Good With His Hands – Lucy Felthouse – 5 stars
Delightful story of walk in the English countryside turned dangerous as weather rolls in. Layla finds shelter in a remote hut and also a scolding park ranger who almost drives Layla back into the weather as the lesser of two evils. As he prevents her hyperthermia and begins to display some humor and charm things really do heat up!!

Staci
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As a habit I don't read anthologies often.

Down & Dirty Anthology

As a habit I don't read anthologies often. Despite there being many worth the investment. Yet this one was filled with many favorite authors. I struggled with how to properly credit each for their submissions. After some thought this is the only way to honor each.

Scouts Honor by Maia Dylan

Love educated hard working women leading ladies. Sexy strong honorable men too! Added mystery and danger perfe
Miranda Beazley
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Scouts Honor - an oil rig as a love story setting is something different. But it works. The characters and suspense are amazing.

Keep You Safe - an art teacher and a wrangler..... I saw the twist coming early on in the story but it was short and sweet and a lovely, light read.

Mud and Honey - a second chance at love story, this is another cute, sweet read. Misunderstanding and assumptions overcome by honesty and willingness to put aside assumptions and try.

Sweet
Colleen Baumgartner
Loved this book!
From Lori King to Ava Campbell.
Such wonderful stories. Loved the new authors as well.
Looking forward to reading more from these authors..
lovestoread
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So many great stories. I freaking loved it!

Scout's Honour - Maia Dylan
Cooper has shut down operations on the oil rig because one of the crew was hurt.

The suits coming to figure out what the next move is, is not something Cooper is looking forward to, however, when they arrive there is a welcome surprise...one of them is a woman, who definitely catches Cooper’s eye.

When a storm hits and grounds everyone the rig, it gets dicey as another crew member is hur
Chandera
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Down & Dirty” is a book made up of many amazing books. Truthfully I wanted to read this book for it has one of my favorite authors in it, Lori King. Honestly I started with her book “ Pieced Together.” From the beginning in “Pieces Together” Lance Corporal Garrett Lole was attracted to nurse Karly Stephens even though he was not happy hearing about needing knee surgery. Especially since he was going to be deployed and now can’t. With being injured Garrett was relentless is trying to get a d ...more
Debbie Watson
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amazing box set! I really enjoy anthologies because I get to discover new to me authors.
Pieced Together by Lori King was terrific! Karly is very wary, will Garrett be able to break through and convince her to take a chance? Grab your copy to find out!
Deborah
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lori King's Pieced Together. OMG, I loved it. I loved when Garrett was explaining how he got his nickname to Karly. The chemistry between them was off the charts. Garrett is not able to deploy with his unit. Can the cute little nurse help ease his pain? Karly does not date patients. Can Garrett convince her to give him a chance? I started reading the anthology from the beginning. Will update review as I read them.
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, 2018
I make no secret of how much I enjoy collections of stories such as this. This collection is filled with great stories, some by familiar authors, others by new to me authors - one reason I like sets like this. I thought I would mention a couple of the stories I liked best.

Mud and Honey by R.L. Merrill - This is a fast-paced story with great characters.

Stoke the Flames by Samantha Cole - I have an appreciation for firemen so I couldn’t wait to read this. There is a sweetness to this
SiKReviews
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is an anthology so chock full of wonderful novella by totally amazing authors, I find it simply impossible to review just one of them. So, I will just say that this summer sit at the beach (or any other season) and read this collection of steamy stories.
Karen
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read one story in this anthology-Pieced Together by Lori King, but based on that story, I can't wait to read the rest. After leaving a bad relationship Karly Stephens isn't even remotely interested in another relationship, but she hasn't run up against Garrett Lole's determination before. The amount of heat and suspense is surprising for a short story. Great read!
Wendy Hodges
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have only read one of these books at the moment because I couldn't wait but here is what I thought.
Stoke The Flames by Samantha A Cole read 28th March 5 stars

Really what's not to love. When a hot firefighter sets his sights on his nephews teacher you expect and get sparks. There is some sweetness in the romance but there is also suspense of the build up to them finally getting together. A well written story with a great flow to the plot, I was pulled into it fast and i
Christina Williams
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Scouts Honor: Rather good story for being so short. Intrigue. Romance. Surprise "who-done-it".
Keep You Safe: Interesting enough. Older woman, younger man, not enough years in between to be creepy lol. Ex fiance' is a douche.
Mud and Honey: This one started out interesting but then lost my interest.
Sweet Addiction: Loved this one. Sweet. Funny. Sexy. I could definitely read this again.The small town embracing a city girl. The great town guy with a sweet tooth for her "sweets". Th
Stacy Jordet
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a hot book. This book has all kind of hot and dirty sexiness. If you are looking for sexy firemen, men who work on oil rigs, tree trimmers, diamond miner and all other kinds of goodness this box set is for you.

I could have written a review on each and every story but I will just do a few that I really enjoyed.

Sweet Addiction by Sarah Marsh - I really liked the book. I could really relate to Sasha who was a little on the shyer side. She is this amazing baker who would
Fedora
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Scout's Honor by Maia Dylan -- three and a half stars
Solid story featuring a rig owner and an inspector. Scout Cameron and Honor Jennings meet when she arrives to investigate safety concerns. A murder puts everyone on edge as they wait for the Coast Guard. An exciting story with good characterizations.

Keep You Safe by C.R. Moss -- three stars
Art professor and the boy she used to babysit, all grown up now. Throw in a jerk of an ex with stalkerish tendencies and let the exc
Tami
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This review is for Stoke the Flames by Samantha A. Cole only.

Third-grade teacher Jenna thinks she is not good looking and will never attract the man of her dreams, and when 'Mr. October', Cade Fallon, enters her classroom she is convinced that someone as good looking as him will never be interested in her. Jenna could not be more wrong. Unfortunately, the fact that Jenna is the teacher of his nephew does prevent Cade from making a move. But when the school year comes to an end nothin
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'll admit, I only bought this anthology for one of the stories and have only read that one story. Dirty Demo by Eva Moore. It's book 1.5 in her Exposed Dreams series (Opened Up and Stripped Down are EXCELLENT). It's a total standalone from the other two books aside from being about two people who work on the family construction business reality TV show, they aren't members of the family. I inhaled the whole novella in nearly one day! I love stories about gently giant heroes and tall heroines (I ...more
Rosemary
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok, this is a collection of stories by some of today's best romance authors and a good way to introduce yourself to your next favorite author. While I have only read once of the books (so far) I had to post a review of that one just so I could get the word out about this FABULOUS COLLECTION. Don't hesitate to get this collection and sit down at your leisure and work your way through these wonderful stories.

I will try to remember to post updates as I work my way through this great col
Susan
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anthologies
I have only reviewed Samantha A Cole authors contribution to this anthology and loved Stoke the Flames. The byplay between fireman Cade, also known as Mr October, and his nephews 3rd grade teacher Jenna is full of sexual tension and simmering flames that have to take a back seat to the needs of Chris, the nephew and Miss Anderson's student who is failing math. To find out what happens when they finally have the opportunity to turn those smoldering looks into something more you will have to grab ...more
Leanne ~ Tales From The Heart
Great box set by some awesome authors, some faves and some new to me. This set is full of hardworking heroes.

Pieced Together - Lori King
An injured military man and his nurse. Can they fall in love in the time it takes to complete his post surgery rehab? She’s been cheated on and trust is an issue. Love is not meant to be easy.

John’s Jillaroo - Scarlett J Rose
Had to read my fellow Aussie’s tales next. This story takes us to the outback and life on a cattle station.
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Stoke the Flames...Samantha A. Cole
When school teacher Jenna offers to give her student extra help in math, she has no idea that his guardian/uncle is the hot firefighter and Mr. October, Cade. Although an instant connection is felt between them, the need to keep everything professional is a priority. But once grades close and summer begins, so does their romance. Sparks fly in this beautifully written heartwarming romance. This is definitely one of the 22 short stories that should not be
Ann
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love anthologies for meeting new authors and also for continuing series by some if my favorite authors. So far I've only read Pieced Together by Lori King but I will get to the others soon.
I loved Garret. He's a bit of a ladies man but not in a sleazy/bad way. Karly is still recovering from a bad relationship so she's very wary about dating/trusting Garret. Will she be able to overcome her trust issues to give Garret a real chance? Or will she let what could be the best person in her lif
Terry Kemmitz
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stoke the Flames

Samantha A. Cole is one of my favorite authors, so I read Stoke the Flames first. Jenna and Cade first meet during a false fire alarm at the school where she teaches. Also his nephew Chris, who he is raising with help from his mom since his brother and sister-in-law were killed in a car wreck, happens to be one of her students. Brought together to help Chris, they fought their attraction until Jenna was no longer Chris’s teacher. One of my favorite stories of hers! Love it!
Amy Miller
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
An amazing collection of stories with fantastic authors. My favorite was Pieced Together by Lori King. I liked Garrett from the start. He is a good guy who has a great heart. Karly is a sweet girl who is a nurse. Garrett meets Karly while at the doctor for his knee. The two have an instant connection. Although Karly is a little hesitant to go out with Garrett. However, he soon wins her over and the two have an amazing time together. I loved how their story played out and that they took time to b ...more
Pinky
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked every story in this set and that doesn’t always happen in an anthology, but this is a well written group of stories with the blue-collar theme. That being said, there are stories that stood out to me. I didn’t just like, I loved them. Keep You Safe by C.R. Moss, Where Fire Meets Flame by Elena Kincaid, Blurred Lines by Nikki Prince, and this one was sexy, hot, and funny Destiny Happened by London Saint James.
Shelly
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
London Saint James- I loved this story. What would you do when you go up to a stranger and kiss him senseless? You need to read this story to find out and believe me you will want to!

Also can't wait to read more of these stories!
Linda Rimer-Como
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great story by the talented Lori King and a terrific addition to this anthology. The story line of Pieced Together moves quickly and the characters are strong, determined and have wonderful chemistry. Can't wait to read more!
Liv
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've read Samantha A.Cole's Stoke the Flames, I loved Jenna and Cade's story... It bumped this collection up to the top of my "must be purchased" list.

Stoke the Flames is a mix of sweet and beautiful with a heartbreaking backstory. I just adored the connection between Jenna and Cade.

Best-selling author, Lori King, is also a full-time wife and mother of three boys. Although she rarely has time to just enjoy feminine pursuits; at heart she is a hopeless romantic. She spends her days dreaming up Alpha men, and her nights telling their stories. An admitted TV and book junkie, she can be found relaxing with a steamy story, or binging in an entire season of some show online. She gi ...more