Start by marking “Bloom: A Monster Love Novella” as Want to Read:
Bloom: A Monster Love Novella

Bloom: A Monster Love Novella

Holly Juniper had no idea she would fall in love with a monster.

Every winter a mysterious portal appears in her family's barn. Nothing has ever come out of it, and she barely pays it any mind. Until a woodland nymph named Nia steps through it and into her life.

Holly is vehemently opposed to her sticking around, not wanting her family play host to a monster, but eventual
Published February 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Bloom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloom

Kristen Burns
3.5 Stars

Review:
This was a quick but sweet romance with a really fun, unique take on nymphs---a supernatural creature you don't find very often in books! I also seem to have stumbled upon the "sweet and fluffy about a lonely MC who lives on a farm/in the middle of nowhere, meets a supernatural creature, and falls in love" genre, and I'm digging it.

Holly, our human main character, was really believable and a character whose struggles with doubt and fear as a new adult (relationships, college) wil
Carrie Austin-Malone
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to say this book isn’t one I would usually have bought, if I read fantasy I can be fussy, but I was so glad I did and I can’t I wait to read the next one in the series.

I didn’t read the blurb when I bought this book I just jumped in. I usually love an Alpha male but can I say I loved Nia, who is so patient and caring while Holly deals with her feelings for her and whether to take the risk on letting Nia into her life.

The fantasy storyline which we are introduced to here, is already maki
J.J. Ellis
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pleasant surprise

This isn't my usual kind of read. I stick to the non magical realm a majority of the time. But something about this book drew me to it. I was not disappointed. This story is sweet and magical and I can't wait to read more by this author.
S.T. Gibson
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
This lighthearted wintertime romance between a young trans woman on the brink of difficult choices and the monstrous nymph who falls into her life is wholesome, sexy, and heartwarming. A great read for anyone looking for some f/f romance to brighten up their day.
Hayley
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The only complaint I have about this book is I want more.
Haley Renee The Caffeinated Reader
I typically don't read romances but who couldn't resist one with a female trans protagonist who is completely relatable as a 'youngin' in love? Not to mention in love with a Nymph who is the coolest looking nymph I've ever heard described.

On a more serious note, you root for Holly the whole time, she's insecure, she's shy and drawn into herself from the world and you want her to know she's worth so much more than she thinks, and Nia does just that and it's so palpable the way Holly's insecuritie
Rebecca
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I never read

A book about transgender people and it’s open my eyes about certain things . I really enjoyed reading this book and the story of Nia and Holly it was a really sweet love story and it’s about not letting people bring you down and to stand strong , be yourself.

P.s. can’t wait until the next book.
Lisa Stapleton
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully magical

A beautifully magical story about finding love and acceptance despite their many unconventional differences. Would definitely recommend reading and can't wait for Nighthawks!
Desdemona
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Justice W
Megan Henry
Apr 16, 2019
Stacie Davis
Apr 17, 2019
Desdemona Wren is a novelist who writes gay fiction with monsters, witches, and actual plots. She's from Seattle, WA, but currently resides in the mystical land of Northern California. Where everybody wears coats all the time, nobody says 'brah', 'bruh', 'bro' or any variation of that word, and absolutely nobody surfs.

She has two cats named Oliver and Ophelia who have traveled the world. From The