Start by marking “Heat Wave” as Want to Read:
Heat Wave

Heat Wave

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  33 ratings  ·  22 reviews
For those times when size does matter. The Dirty Bits from Carina Press: quick and dirty, just the way we like it.

Temperatures are shooting sky-high, but Faye Arnell doesn’t need a weatherman to tell her it’s about to get hotter than hell

Four months ago, I moved from New York to California, and my life changed for the better. Beautiful weather—most of the time—and a job I
Published April 30th 2018 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Heat Wave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heat Wave

Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Love these Little Bits stories! Hot as Hell!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a quick break from a long book or a change of genre once in a while? A novella is a great way to great some heat without a long drawn out affair.

This story is as hot as the temperature in Oakland on this particular day. A Viking and a new resident in town become fast friends, but friends with benefits is where they want to be.

A heatwave is pouring out on the pages in this steamy story, in more ways than one. Lust and love are a
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ratula
I absolutely love the Harlequin Dirty Bits series as the stories are hot, fast palette cleansers. I thought this story was great. Faye and Ben were romantic, sexy and an overall great match. I loved that their story was based on friendship first.

Overall a fun read. I would like to thank Netgalley and Harlequin for an advanced copy of this book for an honest review. Bravo! 3.5 Stars! ~Ratula
SuperWendy
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it
This was my first ever read in Carina Press' Dirty Bits line and if you're as old as I am - basically it's like the old Spice Briefs shorts. Although unlike Spice Briefs, so far Carina has been focusing on only contemporary stories. Anyway, this delivered exactly what you would expect for a story published under the tag line of "Dirty Bits." There's some back story (developed largely off page) to give it some heft, but this is still a lightweight, sexy, short read - which is exactly what Carina ...more
Maria Rose
Heat Wave is an insta-lust leads to insta-love steamy novella featuring two neighbours who have become friends but harbor secret fantasies about each other. A city heat wave and loss of power leads them to explore something more in the dark where inhibitions pale in comparison to desire. It's a sexy and entertaining treat with a happy ending, a nice addition to the Dirty Bits line.

This story was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for review.
Kari
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it
This one doesn't come out until late April, so I couldn't find a good description. The story involves Ben and Faye. They have been neighbors for 4 months and have slowly built a friendship. They are another couple who have wanted each other form afar, but were afraid to act on their feelings. When there is a heat wave in the city and the lights go out, Ben and Faye find that acting in the dark might be the best decision for them. I really enjoyed this one as well. It was really cute. The couple ...more
Lauren loves llamas
Talk about a heat wave! This novella, part of Carina Press’s Dirty Bits line, is short, super steamy, and cute! It’s also the first book I’ve read that could make a BART ride sound romantic!

“Hi, Faye, how’s the new apartment?”
I laugh but play along.
“Oh, it’s pretty good.”
“Cats are settling in?”
“Yup, they’re exploring all the new scents.”
“Haven’t bought any hamsters since we spoke last?”
“If I had, the cats would have eaten them.”
“Want to come over so I can make you waffles and make love to you ti
Babel
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Too hot, too dark, too sexy!

Nice novella. I got enticed by the promise of desire when the power goes off and two neighbours engage in improper behaviour. The story is good and well written, short of course, but well rounded. Ben is adorable, tender, and is genuinely interested in his shy neighbour who doesn't hesitate to give in to her fantasies when she's alone, yet he can hear her behind the walls.

I really liked how the author explains the friendly relationship that's been building up until
Suzanne
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
HEAT WAVE is a super-sexy novella in Carina's Dirty Bits series... and it's about apartment neighbors! The two MCs have been friends for months, walking to the BART (public transpo) together every morning, getting coffee, etc. They seem to be good friends with a lot in common, which is helpful since the plot of this story is pretty heavy on the sex. (That's why you're reading this book, this isn't a criticism.)
As you might expect, there's a pretty epic heat wave in SF, and Faye doesn't have AC.
Gladys
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quick and deliciously hot read. An insta-love, friends to lovers romance. Faye and Ben are neighbors. They are attracted to one another and fantasize about each other, but neither has ever made a move. When a heatwave causes a power outage, darkness closes in and temptation comes out to play and things really heat up. Lots of dirty talk and sizzling scenes. A very pleasurable read. I'm posting a totally honest, voluntary review.
T Van
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
A woman who is insecure for unknown reasons, takes advantage of an unexpected heat wave/blackout to take it to another level with her neighbor and friend. The prose sort of mimics the disorientation one would be expected to feel while overheated and stumbling around the dark. Both cover and character descriptions suggest the narrator is in an interracial relationship with a Black man, but that's as far/deep as that goes...race doesn't factor into the plot at all.
Karen
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love these "Dirty bits" short stories, now I didn't really like the heroine in this book I'm not good with wishy washy people and she was but I took a day to think about it and since I have strong feelings about miss wishy washy I'm giving it a 4 not a 3 like I was originally going to do, because obviously I feel strongly about it, so bring on the next one.
poppy
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good quick smoking hot read and a fantastic addition to the Dirty Bits series. I really liked this little read and it might just be my favorite so far. For me, this is the steamiest book yet I just loved Faye and Ben and really enjoyed the glimpses into their time together before the blackout. I cannot wait to read more from Ceri
Lisa
I don't know why there's no blurb on Goodreads but it's about two neighbours, who've been having feels for each other for a while, finally getting it on during a blackout. Heat Wave is a fast-paced, sexy read, and it's just what I need right now.

E-ARC is received thanks to the publisher via Netgalley.
Tammy
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a quick and steamy read. Faye recently moved to California and hears her neighbor having sex. Now she can’t stop fantasizing about him, what will happen during a heat wave when the power goes and he is at her door. Fun, entertaining and hot. A good read.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Heat Wave by Ceri Grenelle is the story of Ben and Faye.
Ben and Faye are neighbors for the last few months and there was a instant attraction but nothing really happened until the weather changed to a heat wave...that brought this hot couple together.
Short hot story!
Claire
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it
A short but sweet and steamy romance between neighbours who are both looking for something more. I enjoyed this 'The Dirty Bits' read.

Thanks to NetGalley and Harlequin Carina Press for a copy in return for an honest review.
Emma Bryson
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heat Wave is such a great addition to The Dirty Bits line! One of my faves. I love the set-up, how it was inspired by real life. The characters are likable and the romance is the perfect blend of steamy and cutesy - what more could you ask for?
Gavinsmommaloves2read
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and sexy. This is a cute neighborhoods to friends to lovers story. I lived it so much sexy hot story perfect for the afternoon.
Rosemarie Pinks
Jun 05, 2018
Elizabeth GlamShazam
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I usually hate erotic novellas. This one is great. Funny and real, sexy because it trips wires in the brain, not just the pants. I need to read more from this author.
Patty606
Divina Lopez
Apr 30, 2018
Kim
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ceri has out done herself again with this book. Strong characters and a great story line that will keep you entertained while reading this book. I so couldn't put it down once I started reading it either and neither will you. I can't wait to read more of her work either too.
Ensley
Apr 30, 2018
Ceri is the author of quirky and sexy contemporary romance novels. She has a major weakness for sappy cuddle moments as much as hot and steamy sex scenes, and a penchant for writing snappy and sarcastic dialogue. She loves romance that isn't afraid to be awkward and uncouth, and thrives on flawed characters with big hearts.

Ceri is a New York native living in California with her two cats, Mercy an