Start by marking “Cuentos de buenas noches para niñas rebeldes 2” as Want to Read:
Cuentos de buenas noches para niñas rebeldes 2

Cuentos de buenas noches para niñas rebeldes 2

(Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls #2)

La nueva entrega delbestsellerinternacional que ha logrado inspirar a las niñas de todos los rincones del mundo a soñar en grande, aspirar a más y a luchas con fuerza.
Cuentos de buenas noches para niñas rebeldes 2es una colección totalmente inédita de cuentos que celebran a más mujeres extraordinarias, desde Nefertiti hasta Beyoncé y de Rosalind Franklin a J. K. Rowling.

Published March 1st 2018 by Planeta México (first published November 20th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Cuentos de buenas noches para niñas rebeldes 2, please sign up.
Bárbara Yes, there might be some words you will have to explain to her or him. I read it to my brother, he's 5 years old, he loved it.…moreYes, there might be some words you will have to explain to her or him. I read it to my brother, he's 5 years old, he loved it. (less)

Start your review of Cuentos de buenas noches para niñas rebeldes 2
Nat

This book arrived just as I had completed reading the previous collection with my little sister during the weekend; Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls did just what it promised... meaning that she was put to sleep right away. I think the historical aspect wasn't quite there yet for my nine-year-old sister.

Still, I was ecstatic to hear the news of this follow-up book to come out. Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls 2 boasts a brand new graphic design, a glossary and 100 incredible new
Mariah Roze
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book that has many stories! I learned a ton and hope to buy this book someday for my daughter.

"Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls 2 is a children's book packed with 100 bedtime stories about the life of 100 extraordinary women from the past and the present, illustrated by 60 female artists from all over the world. This book inspires girls with the stories of great women."
Trish
This is a terrific two-book series. I am even more impressed with the second book than I was with the first. This so completely encompasses the non-white majority in the world, I started to wonder if the first one was mostly white Europeans and Americans. But it wasn't.

The books are composed of completely engrossing personal profiles of interesting women who managed, despite dysfunction in their society or families, managed to make something of their dreams. It is written as though for girls,
Kate  TerHaar
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I purchased this book for my 7-year-old granddaughter. Her favorite book is Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls as well as the "I Am" series by Brad Meltzer with her all-time favorite being Rosa Parks.
We couldn't wait for volume 2 to be published. I backed both these volumes on Kickstarted and I am so happy I did. The one-page stories are just right for maintaining interest and the 100 extraordinary and diverse women highlighted range from present day heroes -to long ago inspiring women. I love
Katherine
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Incredible read. I enjoyed reading about these courageous and strong women who didn't back down to do right. Their dauntless attitude impacted many more lives. They found that the raising their voices against various injustices will help others to overcome their own fear of keeping quiet. Fight for what's right, for your freedom and for your life. Be Rebellious. Truly an amazing book.
Emma
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The concept is the same one of the first volume and I just love them both. The authors really did an amazing job and every illustration is truly breathtaking. It's a really nice book to read even if you aren't a child anymore or don't have children yourself. I find this kind of books really interesting to read because they're able to give you a glimpse of someone else's life in just one or two pages.
And of course the aim of the book is a very important one: telling girls (and boys) awe-inspiring
Sandra Bašić
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful, like the first one. Great illustrations again.

“DON’T FOLLOW THE PATH. GO WHERE THERE IS NO PATH AND BEGIN THE TRAIL.”
– RUBY NELL BRIDGES
J & J
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5
I'm ashamed that I've never heard of most of the women highlighted in this book. I'm glad to see this in print.
Kristina
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A motivational girl bible <3
Kolumbina
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a great book. Five huge stars, would give more if I could.
I loved it even more than the first one. So many interesting women, extraordinary, very special and unique in their own way. Started with Agatha Christie, Angela Merker, Beatrice Vio, Sonia Sotomeyer, Steffi Graff, Sophia Loren, Rosalind Franklin, Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche and many more, 100 all together. Really very special. Of course as in the first book, there is a little story and an excellent portrait of each of the great
Vickie
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gorgeous art and a fantastic collection of stories about women—I love that I’d never heard of about 3/4 of the women featured!
Marie the Librarian
I really like this and the illustrations.
Quinn Aubert
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite girl is Sara Seager, she's an Astrophysicist. She has a poster in the front of her office it looks like Luke Skywalker's home planet Tatooine from Star Wars.
Sheila
I am very proud to have been a Kickstarter campaign supporter for this second volume of the amazing Rebel Girls series. This volume is wonderful like the first, with great biographies of incredible women from around the world. I hope they continue to make many more volumes of this book. My daughter loves these bios.
Becky
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another brilliant collection of inspirational women across a range of disciplines. Along with the first book this should have a place in every home. My only criticism is that the book is somewhat USA heavy in it's choices which leaves the rest of the world somewhat under represented in my opinion, maybe this will be rectified in GNSFRG3? ;)
Lou
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful and inspirational book ideal for children and adults alike. The short limited information on each of these amazing women mean that children wouldn't lose interest in long winded descriptions and the basic details are provided only. For an adult, if you feel you would like to learn more about certain of these incredible women then I am sure there are books about each one or places online to find extra information to feed your curiosity, that is certainly what I intend to do!

Another
Melanie  Brinkman
Women rock!

Goodnight Stories for Rebel Girls is the second book of the Rebel Girls books. It shares profiles of badass women from all walks of life and jobs.

It's also full illustrations and beautiful pictures.

It's powerful, enabling, and inspirational! This was the perfect read for International Women's Day, but honestly I just wanted to savor it I think next time around reading this I will read one each night.

My one complaint might be that it doesn't give a lot of details. it's all right
Mila Caron
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this one is better than the first, and I'm looking forward to the time I will be able to pass it own to my nieces.
Sanja_Sanjalica
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, teen-and-ya
Wonderful and inspirational.
Sarah -  All The Book Blog Names Are Taken
I still find the title problematic (if we want to normalize these successes for women, we can't call the daughters we want to emulate them 'rebels'). But there are so many amazing women in these pages, I hope they continue the series.
Robin Stevens
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful collection of stories about inspirational women and girls. (4+)

Jadespringymandarin
May 20, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
I am gutted at the fact that the first book was fabulous whereas this book only contained roughly two people we wanted to read about. There was just more variety in the first book containing many wonderful stories including Ada Lovelace and Michelle Obama. This second book just lacked a sense of joy/excitement as well as contrasting backgrounds.
Isabella Avellaneido
Another fantastic book that inspires girls to be strong and to fight for their dreams, I love the selection of stories and their beautiful illustrations, it reads so fast and gives you so much strength, that I'm sure that if there are 10 more books, I'll buy them in the first place
I love them!
Magen
I wanted to love this one so much, especially since I loved the first, but there were a few differences that dropped this a star from me. The authors' note that many of these are stories collected from readers and it definitely feels that way. The problem is that some of these stories lacked purpose. For example, there was a story of a volcanologist who wanted to ride a boat down a lava flow and who put her team too close to an explosion and everyone day. I didn't find that inspiring at all and ...more
Siina
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, non-fiction
This continuation to Iltasatuja kapinallisille tytöille is as great as the former one, though I must say I kind of wished some kind of theme of sorts. Now the collection feels kind of sporadic and it worked with the first part, but not really anymore. Also, Favilli and the others gathered the girls for this via their fans and friends, which leaves out many potential heroines not to forget that the book ends up unbalanced like this. The art is magnificent once again, though there's not as much ...more
Sara
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is vibrant, and sounded up my street, mix with stories of girls from different cultures, backgrounds, religions and countries, so we (me and my daughters) enjoy exploring it. Every story is one written page (I wished to be little longer), and one drawing which make it easily for little ones, however, they become nearly involved in the stories, that broadens my daughter's horizons.
I encourage this kind of stories to our youngsters, which enable them to cope with life, yet would love to
Titus Hjelm
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The concept continues to be great, and there are potentially endless installments of this book. Again, the focus is on the US and, to a lesser extent, Italy, but the stories are mostly fascinating and many genuinely inspiring. As a parent to a seven-year old, this is certainly good bed-time reading. Again, there are stories about women who have made a difference, and women who have made a lot of money. My sense was that this one had fewer of the latter than the first book, hence the four stars ...more
Angelina
Just as good (if not better!) as the first one! Apart from the fact that again I learned the names and read about the achievements of lots of amazing women, I was also very happy to see the stories about A. Christie, B. Potter, C. N. Adichie, C. Schumann, G. O'Keeffe, I. Duncan, J.K. Rowling, M. Abramovic, N. Gordimer. R. Carson, S. Sholl, V. Tereshkova, V. Maier, W. Szymborska and many others.

"I am like a drop of water on a rock. After drip, drip, dripping in the same place, I begin to leave a
Shannon (That's So Poe)
I absolutely adored this collection! Just like the first volume, it's filled with lovely 1-page mini-bios of a huge range of women, from ancient history to modern day, from scientists to activists to athletes, from Americans to Mongolians to Italians. It is inspiring and touching, each story providing a glimpse into yet another way that women can be courageous and make a positive impact in the world. The illustrations are gorgeous as well!
Chrysa Nez
This isn't a book just for rebel girls but for every person out there. Stories of women who dared to go against stereotypes, who made this world a better place, who weren't afraid to act when they wanted to. These stories should always be celebrated and passed on because they are meant to inspire.

• Stories for Boys Who Dare to be Different
  • Cuentos de Terror 1
  • El Príncipe del Sol (El Príncipe del Sol, #1)
  • Todo lo que fuimos
  • Anoche en las trincheras
  • Chilenas rebeldes
  • Aquí dentro siempre llueve
  • Atlas de los lugares literarios
  • Itsenäisiä naisia: 70 suomalaista esikuvaa
  • No te calles
  • Ni calladitas ni perfectas
  • Había una vez mexicanas que hicieron historia
  • La ladrona de la luna (El príncipe del sol, #2)
  • Shout Out to the Girls: A Celebration of Awesome Australian Women
  • DIARIO DE ANA FRANK
  • Uno siempre cambia al amor de su vida
  • El futuro es femenino
  • El peligro de la historia única
Elena Favilli is the Founder and CEO of Timbuktu Labs, along with Francesca Cavallo. They work at the intersections of publishing, design, and technology.

Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls (2 books)
  • Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: 100 Tales of Extraordinary Women
“2008” 1 likes
“DON’T CRY WHEN THE SUN IS GONE, BECAUSE THE TEARS WON’T LET YOU SEE THE STARS.” – VIOLETA PARRA” 1 likes