Start by marking “Harry: A Biography of a Prince” as Want to Read:
Harry: A Biography of a Prince

Harry: A Biography of a Prince

Once a reckless rebel and now a respected role model, Prince Harry is one of the world's most popular royals and the force behind giving the British royal family a twenty-first century makeover. How has he done it? This insightful new biography is a three-dimensional look at what Harry is really like as a person, both on and off royal duty. It is written by distinguished j ...more
Published May 3rd 2018 by Pegasus Books

To ask other readers questions about Harry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harry

Start your review of Harry: A Biography of a Prince
Cindy
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is nothing more than a cash grab to jump on the hype of the royal wedding. It was hastily written, offered nothing unique, and really wasn't that well written. In fact, most of the book was spent comparing Harry to William and not really focusing on Harry. There were also parts where the author would randomly toss in a random fact about Harry and Meghan which just didn't go with the flow of the book.

Another major issue I had was the random opinions the author threw in. There were part
Elida
Ein dag må eg lære meg at eg skummer ofte bøker om kjente personer som har figurert i mediene i løpet av heile mi levetid. Likevel var det rørande og sårt å lese om oppveksten til ein ung mann som i utgangspunktet fekk utdelt ganske gode kort, men det er ikkje alltid det beste. Håper at prins Harry nå har funnet sin sjelevenn og at framtiden er solskinnslys.
Annika
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good biography of my favorite Prince, but of course, not as complete as we all would wish. It stops just before his wedding to Meghan. It offers nice comparisons with William in how they are different in personality and roles. Harry may be "the spare😶" but he has stepped into a larger, responsible role as Prince just as well as William. It seems outof respect for his grandmother rather than his father, but it's respect all the same. Who doesn't make silly and stupid mistakes? He's a good ...more
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three stars feels a little mean, because this is, to be fair, a decent book. It's easy going and there's lots of information in there. It is a biography of Prince Harry, and what you see is what you get. It tells the story of his early life right up until his engagement to Meghan.

That said, this book is in serious need of some editing. There were several typos, in some cases there were no commas where there should have been, no capital letters at the start of a sentence when there sh
Karen
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book at first, but it seemed to lose some energy partway through. I did learn more about Prince Harry though and it's informative, just not a page turner. I really like Harry though! 7 out of 10
Michael McCormick
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book provides great insights about a man, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, who has exemplified courage and honor his whole life, and about a man in whom by doing his duties, by meeting the requirements of the times in which he lives, has garnered 110 per cent of my support. What shines through in Ms. Levin's book is Prince Harry's vibrancy and his resiliency. He served in the British Army and the Army Air Corps with distinction and serves his fellow veterans now through his work as a senior me ...more
Nighean Walker
Not a bad read. It’s hard to work out how much is genuine interviews with the Prince and how much is regurgitated magazine and press articles / quotes over the years.
I read this book off the back of seeing Angela Levin interviewed in TV but have to admit to being a little disappointed that her ‘nuggets’ of info given in the interview were clearly the best of what is otherwise a pretty standard book.
There were some obvious errors in the book too, which was disappointing.
All that said
Maria Lewis
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book! Took me only 2 days to read and Ms. Levin's style and research represented well throughout. I am biased, I SO admire this young man and have always admired his new wife, so, if you are not already fans, I still think it's worth the time.

It was obvious Ms. Levin valued her time following the Prince for over a year and listened to him genuinely in the way she detailed each chapter. Blended with expert opinions on his behaviors and alleged causes and affects vs his goal
Kaknudsen
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
I bought this book right after their royal wedding and was excited to read more about Prince Harry. Unfortunately, by the end I really disliked the overall tone by the author. She criticizes everything during his entire life and although trying to look supportive of Harry and Meghan, she primarily focuses on negative and cutting things about Meghan. I'm not sure I would recommend this book to anyone...
ROZm
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok if you knew nothing about Prince Harry before.

Can't think of anything in this book that I didn't already know about Prince Harry. But if you know not much about him, you'll learn quite a bit. Overall, however, I thought was a fairly superficial telling of who Harry was or is. One big mistake in the book: Meghan Markle was NOT brought up Catholic, she just went to a (very good) private Catholic girls high school...not unusual in Los Angeles where she grew up.
Annie Booker
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nothing new really revealed but it's a nice biography of an apparently nice young bloke, who's grown up to appear remarkably normal and down to earth despite his royal upbringing and the tragic loss of his mother at an early age.
Nancy Bandusky
This is a poor "biography" as at times it reads more like a tabloid due to word choice, especially when it came to Princess Diana. It is not written well with grammar problems as well as sentences tossed into barely related or unrelated paragraphs with nothing to back it up.
Francy
Jul 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terrible book. The author interviewed Prince Harry and tried to make a whole book out of it. Half of the writing is implications or guesses as to what he might have been thinking or feeling or why he might have done something. This is terrible journalism. Don't waste your money.
Ella Kirstine Groves
I have almost finished the booked about Prince Harry. The book is amazing and you get a great insight to his life. The book will make you sad but also make you smile and laugh at different parts in the book. If you are following the royals then you will need to read this book.
Lynn G. Towery
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good read

This is a beautifully written book! I enjoyed the entire book and read the book in just a few days.
Reforming
May 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
Would have liked more photos and more documentation on where she got her information---especially her quotes. Interesting man, badly screwed up by his family as a child.
Ashley
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was really excited to read this book but thought it would incorporate much more of Angela's interviews and experiences with Harry than it did.
Mary
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you already know a lot about Harry’s life, this book will not be a great read. If, like me, you don’t know much about his life, it’s a good book, if a bit laudatory and long.
Poppy
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
amazing couldn't put it down
Katie Solt
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a good book I learned all of things. And like learning new things about the Royal family
Kate Lalonde
Sep 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Wow this book needed a better editor - never seen so many typos in a book before
Abby
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting read because we think we know Prince Harry due to his life in the public eye but when you take away all the trappings of royalty he is just a human being muddling through life like we all are. This book described the trauma Prince Harry experienced in his upbringing and I have a whole new respect for how bloody well he has managed things despite what he has been through. I cried when I got to the inevitable death of Princess Diana and the funeral where we all remember him ...more
Shirley Mason
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly pleasant read. As I read through the book, I found that no matter what others background is there are issues that are the same for all of us. The loss of Prince Harry's mother deeply affected in many ways and to see him come out the other side and have the love and relationship in his life that his mother didnt have in hers,I'm sure she smiling and very happy!
Lurethia Sykes

• Meghan: A Hollywood Princess
  • American Princess: The Love Story of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry
  • The Duchess: Camilla Parker Bowles and the Love Affair That Rocked the Crown
  • Harry: Life, Loss, and Love
  • Evening Stars (Blackberry Island, #3)
  • Their Last Breath
  • Body (Trinity Trilogy, #1)
  • Barefoot Season (Blackberry Island #1)
  • Winners: And How They Succeed
  • Comrade J - Untold Secrets Of Russia's Master Spy In America After The End Of The Cold War
  • Three Sisters (Blackberry Island, #2)
  • Death by Chocolate Malted Milkshake (A Death by Chocolate Mystery #2)
  • The Thunder Girls