Start by marking “Lies” as Want to Read:
Lies

Lies

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  13,299 ratings  ·  2,254 reviews

What if you have the perfect life, the perfect wife and the perfect child—then, in one shattering moment, you discover nothing is as it seems? Now you are in the sights of a ruthless killer determined to destroy everything you treasure.

It’s the evening drive home from work on a route Joe Lynch has taken a hundred times with his young son. But today, Joe sees his wife meet

Published September 11th 2018 by St. Martin's Press (first published January 17th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Lies, please sign up.
Brant Macmillan Audio will release the U.S. edition on Sept. 11, 2018; it will be available wherever audiobooks are sold, including Audible.

Maureen
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
* Thank you to Netgalley & Bonnier Zaffre UK for my ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review*

(4.5 Big Fat Stars)

Joe Lynch is happy with his life - he adores his wife Mel and their son William. He's an English teacher who gets to spend quality time with his son since he started working part-time. However, Joe's naivety is going to bring his whole way of life to the very brink.

On the fateful day that Joe sees his wife's car entering an underground car park, and decides to follow her, his
Meredith
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
YAWN

Psychological thriller about a man who makes a spur of the moment decision that destroys his seemingly happy life in an instant.

While driving home with his young son, Joe Lynch spies his wife’s Melisa’s car turn into a hotel parking lot. He makes the decision to follow her--a decision he will come to regret. What happens next results in Joe being framed for a terrible crime. As Joe fights to prove his innocence, he comes to realize his happily ever after has been built on lies. A boring gam
Arah-Lynda
I’m giving it up for TM Logan and his Lies.  They held me captive from cover to cover.

WHAT IF YOUR WHOLE LIFE WAS BASED ON LIES?

First of all, I liked Joe Lynch.  Sure he was a little too trusting and naïve but pray tell, who among us has not been that, at some point or another.  And yes I wanted to smack him a couple times myself, you know, Pay Attention Buddy, type smacks.

Have you ever dropped in unexpectedly on your spouse, when and where they least expected to see you?

Joe Lynch did when his
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
Twisted, dark, heart-pounding, deceptive, distorted fun—do not start this book if you don’t have time to stay up late into the night reading it! It is that hard to put down! When we began this read, I thought it would be a good old-fashioned domestic noir novel. But it blew my expectations out of the water. My mind thought of dozens of scenarios, but not a single one I thought of was THAT twist! I loved it!

About the Book

Joe Lynch is driving his son William home when they spot a car that looks ju
(Bern) Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
3.5 ⭐s for T.M. Logan's Lies!

This psychological thriller had an intense start and definitely pulled me in right away. Joseph Lynch is innocently driving home when his son spots his wife's car on the road. He decides to follow her at his son's request to "surprise mommy". Little did he know that based on that one spontaneous decision he was unwittingly in for a life altering surprise.

While the premise of the book was interesting, it is also one that has been done many times over so I was lookin
Kaceey - Traveling Sister
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-read, netgalley
A surprise visit to Joe's wife will turn his world upside down. Has Joe just caught his wife in an affair with Ben, one of the wealthiest, successful business men he knows?
In the business world, Ben can be ruthless. He also carries that take-no-prisoners approach into his love life. Rules? What rules? Nothing will stand in his way!

Joe is beginning to feel as though his whole life is nothing more than a huge lie. The lies are piling up faster than Joe can manage. He has no idea who’s trustworthy
Linda
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lies seem to stick to one another like tree sap enticing insects. Once you get near enough, there's no way out.

Four year old William spots his mother's familiar car entering into a below ground parking lot of a hotel in North London while riding in the back seat of his father's car. He begs his father, Joe Lynch, to follow her course and surprise her. Joe turns around and the two pursue Melissa into the hotel. From a distance Joe can spot his wife in a heated argument with Ben Delaney, a family
Kendall
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Happy pub day to Lies!!

What would you do if your entire life was covered by lies?

Oh.. Joseph Lynch... how naive you truly were. But, then again... I feel like we've all been there at one point or another in our lives. THAT moment when you see or know something that you would kill not too and your heart and gut just drop.... you act like it's nothing and yet it continues to haunt you day by day.

Joe Lynch was driving in his car with his son Will and they spotted his wife's blue in traffic. Will
Melisa
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lies and deceit everywhere!

This is a highly addictive page-turner that had me saying “what is going on?!” over and over!

When Joe happens upon his wife’s car at a local
hotel one day, a series of events begin to unfold that will change his life forever. I feel like I can’t say more to avoid spoilers, but trust me - you will want to find out what happens!

I was sucked into this storyline right away and it never let go. I absolutely loved the short chapters and the cliffhangers - it really kept me tu
Berit☀️✨
Engrossing! Engaging! Frightening!

🎵Lies lies lies yeah (they're gonna get you)
Lies lies lies yeah (they won't forget you)
Lies lies lies yeah (they're gonna get you)
Lies lies lies yeah

Oh you know I know🎵
Thompson Twins 1982

This song went through my head every time I picked up this book, so I thought I’d share with you all! And you’re welcome if this song runs through your head the rest of the day... 😝

This book pulled me in right from the start and did not let go until that unpredictable ending! O
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Wow, Lies is captivating from the start! Joe happens upon his wife when she is supposed to be at work. He follows her into a hotel where he sees her in an argument with a friend of theirs, Ben.

That argument turns violent when Joe becomes involved, and Ben is knocked out cold. At the same time, Joe and Mel’s son, William, has an asthma attack and needs his father’s help.

Joe returns to the scene to check on Ben, but he has vanished. Who do you think will be blamed?

Joe is a character to love. He
Susanne Strong
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-read, netgalley
4.25 Stars* (rounded down)

Joe loves his son, his life and his wife and thinks his job as a school teacher is the bees knees. Unfortunately for him, his happy, peaceful existence comes crashing down with one simple act. Taking a little detour at the request of his son, who sees Mommy’s car on the road and wants to follow it, which of course, Joe does. Somehow, following his spouse seemed so innocuous at the time. Poor Joe, amateur mistake! What was he thinking?!

Thereafter, Joe can’t undo everyth
Carol
SUPER INTENSE START leads to LIES on top of LIES and major betrayals....for eight terrible days.

"I often wonder what would have happened if I hadn't seen her car that day."

So.........Meet Joseph Lynch. He's super tall, has a beautiful wife, an inquisitive young son he adores, a comfortable profession as a part time schoolteacher, AND is happy and content with life. He's also rather meek, mild-mannered, considerate of others and unbelievably too forgiving, but a likable guy nonetheless who alw

Liz
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley

Wow. This one grabbed me. It’s a straightforward psychological thriller, no clever devices, but that doesn’t mean it’s dull or boring by any stretch. Joe sees his wife pulling into a hotel car park and follows her in. The story builds and there appear to be a whole series of lies.

I really felt for Joe. I’ve had a family member deceive me (luckily not my husband) and I know all too well that gut wrenching feeling of having the world fall out from under your feet. Logan gets that part of the stor
JanB
I'm afraid this wasn't the book for me. The premise was a good one and I was totally invested in seeing how this would play out. Unfortunately the main character's stupidity and naivety is what drives the plot forward. From the beginning I wanted to reach through the pages, smack him, and tell him to wake up.

2 stars because I did finish it but the ending didn't save the book. In fact, it was so preposterous it made it worse.

*many thanks to Netgalley for a copy of the book in exchange for an hone
 Li'l Owl
A brilliant and thrilling debut! Complete with a tangle of lies with a shocking conclusion!

Joe Lynch thought he had a nice, comfortable life. He's happily married to his beautiful wife and soul mate, Mel. Their young son, William, is a happy and healthy little boy. His family is the most important thing in the world to him. He thinks he has the perfect life.
He was wrong.

Joe soon discovers that the barb of his wife's betrayal is just the beginning of what he's about to face in the following da
Zoeytron
Copy furnished by Net Galley for the price of a review.

Joe and Mel, happily married for 12 years.  They don't lie to each other.  Period.  Oh, wait. . . . yes, they do.  Lots o' lies, untruths by the score.  Social media and tech savviness play a big part in this tale of misdirection.

This was a real page-swiper for me.  Good tight writing, nicely paced.
Sue
LIES is a well written debut psychological thriller by T.M. Logan. This one is sure to please and will have you flipping the pages.

WHAT IF YOUR WHOLE LIFE WAS BASED ON LIES?

When Joe Lynch while driving his son, William home stumbles across his wife driving into a hotel car park while she's supposed to be at work, he's intrigued enough to follow her in.

Joe Lynch is a high school teacher happily married to wife, Mel with son, William. But Joe is so naive…I wanted him to wake up and smell the rose
Carrie
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
When picking up a book simply titled “Lies” it was pretty safe to go into this one expecting not to trust anything or anyone. The story got off to a decent start that got my curiosity up right away. Joe Lynch was traveling along with his son when they spot a mommy car but it’s not just any car that looks like it belongs to Joe’s wife but really her in her car. With his young son excited over the prospect of seeing mommy Joe follows his wife to a nearby hotel thinking she was going to a business ...more
Holly  B
Following your wife can lead to more questions than answers....???

Joe Lynch and his little boy, William, just want to surprise mom. They spot her car on the freeway and decide it would be fun to follow her (detour time).  Well, I guess the surprise is on Joe!  You won't believe where she ends up and with who! No, sorry I can't tell and spoil it, but I will say it turns into quite a game of cat and rat.

I was lured into Joe's world from the first few chapters and the twists kept me absorbed unti
Jenny
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lies is a novel about 2 adult couples, their interactions, and the impact of these interactions. What sets the novel apart is the role technology plays in the plot development. Without iPads and cellphones and their various apps, this would just be a novel like others we have read before.
The novel opens very benignly and quickly devolves to threats, physical confrontation, lies and importantly loss of a cell phone. Next are the unanswered questions: Why was main character Joe's wife, Mel, secret
Elyse Walters
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Library Overdrive Audiobook...narrated by Leighton Pugh

I had a *Cheri* moment: ( songs often come to her when she reads)....

Well, I enjoyed this psychological thriller-‘light’. By ‘light’, I
mean - I was never ‘chilled-to-the-bone’ riveted or
soooooo enthralled by a deeply plotted complex nail-biter....
but....
...I enjoyed the flow of the narrative -
...I enjoyed Leighton Pugh as the reader...
...I enjoyed laughing-but not maliciously to myself at ‘Poor Peter’...
( Mr. Nice Guy Gullible *sucker*)...
Carolyn
Joe Lynch is a happily married man with a beautiful wife and a gorgeous little boy when he stumbles into the middle of a scenario he doesn't understand and his whole world starts to crumble.

This is a fast paced thriller with lies, lies and more lies leading Joe down a terrifying path where nothing is what it seems and he is slowly being framed for something he didn't do. A very contemporary story with social media and technology playing a major role in Joe's nightmare. Suspenseful and highly add
Jasmine from How Useful It Is
I started reading Lies on 9/18/2018 and finished it on 9/27/2018. This thriller is an okay read for me. I like the start of the book. I like how the lies slowly unraveling. The characters aren’t my favorite. Joe is annoying to me. He complains on and on about how trusting he is and how sad for him that everything bad is happening to him and how Mel could be irresistible that someone could be obsessing on her. I don’t like Mel because she is quick to blame others, even when she’s caught lying. I ...more
Erin
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
4 incredibly hard to put down stars

OH MY GOODNESS! This was a delicious rainy day read and I was completely captivated from beginning to end. Each chapter made my head spin as T.M. Logan just kept taking me deeper and deeper into a mystery that kept playing with my head. The less you know, the more enjoyable your read will be.So strap on the seatbelt and prepare yourself for a very bumpy ride.
Thanks to NetGalley for an advanced ebook in exchange for an honest review.
Theresa Alan
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn’t find that this novel got particularly interesting until I’d reached the almost 40 percent mark (I read it as an e-book).

Without giving away the major plot points, it then becomes a page turner. It’s not the best suspense novel I’ve read recently, but it’s not bad.

Thanks to NetGalley for the opportunity to review this book. For more reviews, please visit: http:://www.theresaalan.net/blog
Lucie
Wow. I just read another book ('You' by Caroline Kepnes) about a guy named Joe and how dangerous social media can be. That certainly holds true for this gripping psychological thriller as well.

Joe Lynch is driving with his young son when he sees his wife pulling into a hotel car park. (She's supposed to be at work.) Confused and a little curious, he follows her. A few minutes later, he discovers her in the hotel lobby arguing with a family friend named Ben.

All of the scenarios your mind begins
Bkwmlee

For me, this book was a chore to read, one that I struggled through and pushed myself to finish, not because it was a difficult read or anything like that (in fact, I found the writing on this one a bit too simplistic), but rather, I felt that the story never really took off. The premise had potential, as there aren’t too many books out there nowadays that incorporate modern technology (in the form of smartphones, tablets, laptops) and social media (i.e. Facebook) into a crime thriller – the tec
Felicia
Happy Release Day! ( I'm a day late, sue me)

3.5 ⭐

"There was a stranger in my house and I was married to her."

Lies is a compelling cat and mouse thriller that grabbed me from chapter one. Although the premise is pretty implausible, the story is still a fun ride that kept me guessing until the very end. When the truth was finally revealed, I was disappointed. The ending is very contrived and, honestly, pretty ridiculous.

I was provided an ARC of this book by NetGalley in exchange for an honest rev
Maggie
all these damn lies . . .
#shame
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct page count 3 14 Sep 27, 2018 12:05PM
Bibliomanija Book...: Prva knjiga mjeseca- Laži, T.M.Logan 7 43 Jul 26, 2018 02:56PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Lies by T.M. Logan - Starting July 6, 2018 18 18 Jul 07, 2018 06:20PM
Tim was born in Berkshire and studied at Queen Mary and Cardiff universities before becoming a national newspaper journalist. He currently writes full-time and lives in Nottinghamshire with his wife and two children. LIES is his first novel - published by Bonnier Zaffre in January 2017. His next thriller, 29 SECONDS, comes out in January 2018 and is currently available to pre-order. For exclusive ...more
“Two is one, one is none.’ I had no idea what that meant. I” 2 likes
“What need we fear who knows it when none can call our power to account? Yet who would have thought the old man to have had so much blood in him?” 1 likes