Start by marking “Becker Circle” as Want to Read:
Becker Circle

Becker Circle

New starts mean new rules. Can she triumph through the challenges?

My boyfriend believed I was too gutless to leave. He was dead wrong. I graduated Harvard early and left his hot temper and everyone else behind for Dallas. Determined to make it on my own, I land a second job bartending at the neighborhood pub, smack in the middle of drama central, where almost every jerk in
ebook
Published March 14th 2018 by Tirgearr Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Becker Circle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Becker Circle

Cathy Geha
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gillian is in Dallas to start a new life. She is in the process of starting over while getting her CPA license and getting away from an abusive boyfriend. While accomplishing these goals she works as a bookkeeper in a job she doesn’t much enjoy and has a part-time job working as a bartender at the George & Dragon Public House in Becker Circle.

As she juggles her jobs and studies she begins to put names to faces and then creates nicknames for each that will help her remember what each regular
Marilyn Rondeau
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gillian’s boyfriend believed she was too gutless and dependent upon him to leave. WRONG! Gillian graduated Harvard early and left his hot temper and everyone else behind for Dallas quite determined to make it on my own. She found a job in an accounting firm as she worked towards her CPA and then landed a second job bartending at the neighborhood pub. Tips were good but it’s smack in the middle of drug central where almost every jerk in the neighborhood hits on her.

Soon after starting her bartend
Sawyer  ❤ LoveSawyer.com
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
The cover of this book is lovely. I like the colors, they immediately drew me in and I had to find out more.

There were a lot of things I liked about this book, and some things I didn’t. The story had such potential, but the characters fell flat. There’s mystery and suspense, but it’s bogged down by a minutiae of details and descriptions of irrelevant tasks, situations, and characters. This book is listed as romance on Amazon, but the only sex scene we get is one where consent is ambiguous and
Muffet Frische
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Addison Brae’s breakout novel is the intriguing story of Gillian, a young woman who embarks on a fresh start in a new state and finds herself enveloped in the world that is Becker Circle. It is in this place Gillian faces old ghosts, embarks on a quest to uncover a murderer, and along the way, discovers the inner strength and self-confidence she never knew she possessed. Brimming with both action and drama, Becker Circle draws readers into its social milieu and keeps them hooked, page after page ...more
Cindy
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Becker Circle and Gillian kept me on the edge of my seat between the romance, suspense, and mystery. Every chapter took me to a place I didn't see coming and an ending that I would have never anticipated. 5 stars Addison Brae!
Kimberly
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome mystery/thriller set against the backdrop of a popular neighborhood full of intrigue, a fascinating cast of characters and a sexy romance. It'll make you look at your favorite neighborhood bar in a different light.
Karen
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
BECKER CIRCLE ADDISON BRAE
Welcome to Becker Circle. Gillian has just moved 2000 miles from her abusive ex boyfriend and lands right smack dab of a mystery! Did seemingly happy Bobby kill himself or meet a more sinister end? Questions and speculations are flying around as fast as Gillian can pour shots! With the help of barfly Jon, Gillian tries to get to the bottom of the mystery without facing imminent danger. Becker Circle is one part romance and 2 parts suspense that is a recipe for reading e
Vikki Vaught
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an offer from the author to read and review her debut novel, Becker Circle. The book description sounded interesting, so I eagerly accepted her kind invitation. New adult is not one of my favorite genres, but Becker Circle is a fine example and follows what I expect when reading that genre.

The plot is excellent. I enjoyed the characters as well. One thing I noticed, the story could have used smoother transitions from one character/scene to another. At times, it was a bit abr
Viviane Crystal
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gillian is a survivor! Graduating from Harvard, she makes a bold move by abandoning her narcissistic boyfriend who does nothing but demean her and moves to Texas! She’s now studying for her CPA Certificate while working for business company as an accountant and bartending several nights a week. It’s a stressful life but she handles it with admirable aplomb before the actual conflict begins!
She must learn to dress appropriately for her nighttime job but gets the help of a friend. The result is no
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Simply... I loved this book! Absolutely fantastic read. Just what I was looking for. It was very exciting and very suspenseful.
"Harvard honors graduate. Accountant. Bartender. Narcotics dealer"
Now doesn't that sound like fun!
I loved how this book revolves around the bar scene - so much fun so much excitement. Not to mention all the crazy (drunk) characters.

Excellent character development! I loved the main characters - Gillian, Jon, Kyle, Pinkie, Steve, etc. All great characters, and I even loved
Cyrene Olson
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a debut novel, and it sure doesn’t read like one. Addison Brae is already proving to be a great storyteller with a nicely moving plot. I’m not a heavy reader in the mystery/suspense genre, but this book kept me turning pages to find out what would happen next. After the half way point, it is non-stop. It is first person narrative, which is not my favorite, but again, the author did a good job with it, although I still think it would have been even better if it wasn’t.

The characters, esp
Debbie
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life is a little crazy

Gillian leaves Boston, an abusive ex-boyfriend, her best friend Lauren, for a CPA job in Dallas, Texas. She also picks up a part time job as a bartender @ George &Dragon Public house.
Life gets more interesting, fun and crazy for Gillian. While she tries to solve a murder,she’s kidnapped, passes her CPA licensing, gets propositioned by various guys, and finally falls in love.
This story was fun, interesting and fast paced. I would definitely recommend.
Cheryl Molitor
Still trying to get through this book..........I was really hoping to like it more than I am but I think it will appeal to the 20 year olds.......a lot of jumping into bed with various people and drinking, drinking, drinking.......which I agree they do a lot in Dallas! Majority of the story takes place in the bar that Gillian works in and I have been more interested in the happenings in her accounting job, where there seems to also be some type of crime but that hasn't been made clear yet. I hav ...more
C. Gonzales
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to start with the setting, I really enjoyed the fact that it was easy to picture with the wonderful descriptions the author used.

For the most part I think the author managed to write a pretty authentic novel.

It did take a while for the action to begin and the story to unfold, but once it got going, I couldn't put it down.

The intricate twists and turns together with Becker's amazing mind and ability to strategize keeps the reader guessing as the story slowly unravels and the villains
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

“Becker Circle” is presented as a first-person narrative in which Gillian is telling the reader the story in real time.

Read full review in the 2018 June issue of InD'tale Magazine.

Bailey Ember
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun, fast paced romance.

I loved the instant undeniable connection and chemistry that melts the pages. It really took a certain kind of man to handle Gillian and her ways and he balanced her perfectly.

There is plenty of action and twists and turns to keep you invested throughout.
Joshua
RABT Book Tours: Becker Circle 1 2 Jun 29, 2018 05:14AM
RABT Book Tours: Becker Circle 1 2 May 29, 2018 09:29PM
RABT Book Tours: Becker Circle 1 2 May 28, 2018 08:53PM
RABT Book Tours: Becker Circle by Addison Brae 1 2 Apr 13, 2018 10:36PM
Addison Brae lives in Dallas, Texas on the edge of downtown. As a child, she was constantly in trouble for hiding under the bed to read when she was supposed to be napping. She has been writing since childhood starting with diaries, letters and short stories. She continues today with articles, video scripts and other content as an independent marketing consultant.
When she’s not writing, Addison s