Start by marking “The Lady Loves A Scandal: Regency Novella” as Want to Read:

The Lady Loves A Scandal: Regency Novella

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  49 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Originally published in IT STARTED WITH A WHISPER Anthology

Published May 22nd 2018 by La Loma Elite Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Lady Loves A Scandal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lady Loves A Scandal

Tracy Emro
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars - I originally read this novella in the "It Started With a Whisper" anthology

Lady Sybil Anson and Gideon Lyndon, Viscount Galway are in love and soon to be betrothed. The night before the contracts are to be signed, Sybil visits Gideon and they share a passionate kiss and whispers of their hopes an dreams. They are interrupted by a late night visitor for Gideon. He kisses her goodbye and tells her he will see her tomorrow. But he never shows.

A year later, Sybil is on the verge of beco
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
4.5 Stars!

This was such a different, very enjoyable historical romance.

Lady Sybil can be described as resourceful and willful and it was a delight to meet her. I liked Gideon, too, even more so when I learned why he'd left Sybil without a word. While it was a wretched thing to do, at least he had a good reason. The chemistry between Sybil and Gideon was outstanding and I really liked that she didn't give in too soon when Gideon came back, he might have had a reasonable motive, but still, it did
Janet
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many years ago, Gideon Lyndon, Viscount Galway, made a grave mistake. On the verge of rectifying this misdeed, he finds himself faced with his greatest challenge yet: winning back the woman he has loved since the moment he met her. However after disappearing for a year, convincing his headstrong paramour Sybil Anson to take him back will not be easy. Especially since he can’t even explain why he left not if he wants to keep her safe. Gideon & Sybil have always loved each other but even when ...more
Lori D
The Lady Loves a Scandal by Christina McKnight was originally in the anthology "It Started With a Whisper". This delightful story brings Gideon Lyndon, Viscount Galway who is wanting to win back Sybil Anson's affections. Having disappeared for over a year, he is trying to keep his secrets of why he left and keep Sybil safe. But as we all know, keeping secrets never works out! A lot of adventure with a mystery and bit of danger thrown in make this a page turner. A bumpy ride ensues as Gideon work ...more
Isha Coleman
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
From crazy in love to a disappearing groom, McKnight beguiles readers with Sybil and Gideon's long awaited road to a second chance. The Lady Loves a Scandal features a headstrong heroine, a mysterious hero and a passionate romance that ended in heartache. Sybil is the jilted bride searching for a reason why. Gideon is the vanishing groom who suddenly reappears at the most inopportune time. She's moving on, he wants her back. Let the battle begin.
Nicole
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from net galley and the publisher for an honest review. Thank you!!
This novella was a good and quick read. Lady Sybil Anson has scandal written in her name but that does not matter since she has found love with viscount Gideon Lyndon. However, when he disappears mysteriously, she is heart broken and does not know why he left. Gideon fell in love with Sybil and planned to sign the betrothal contracts, when his friend needed his help. Gideon blamed himself for his friend's pas
Brenda
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Publisher's Description:

Lady Sybil Anson thought she had it all. Even a match of the heart, despite so many London elite marrying for convenience. But the night before their betrothal was to become official, the love of her life vanished—with a hastily scrawled note and little more. She feared the worst as her heart ached for Gideon, and the scandal sheets simply made matters worse with their preposterous musings on the hows and whys of Viscount Galway’s disappearance. Now, more than a year late
Twinsie Talk Angie J
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

The Lady Loves A Scandal: Regency Novella by Christina McKnight
I received this book from the authors for an honest review.
This is such a fast paced and action-packed novella. If you haven’t read Christina, this is a great book to sink your teeth into. The world she creates is solid and accurate.
Sybil
Nikita (NjKinny's World of Books & Stuff)

The Lady Loves a Scandal by Christina McKnight is the story of Lady Sybil and Gideon Lyndon who love each other but get separated because of a deadly secret.

The cover is beautiful and naughty giving the first impression of a racy regency romance but that isn't the case. The blurb is intriguing and add Christina McKnight's name to this mix and readers will stop to check this book!

I enjoy Christina's writing. She writes well crafted stories with wholesome r
Jessica
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lady Sybil Anson was elated that she was going to be betrothed the next day. Much to her shock, Gideon Lyndon leaves town that night with no explanation. Her sorrow and shame are all over the gossip rags lead by Lady X. There is even more to gossip about when Gideon shows up a year later to win Sybil back unable to explain why he left.

In an Oyster Shell – This author is extremely talented and showed again in this novella short and sweet.

The Pearls – I was beyond excited that this Regency had som
Debbie Glenn Brown
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lady Sybil Anson and Gideon Lyndon, Viscount Galway are in love and soon to be betrothed. Sybil goes to see him the night before their betrothal contracts are signed when they share a passionate kiss and whispers of their hopes and dreams. As she’s leaving a mysterious man arrives and Sybil waits in her hackney to see what happens next. A few minutes later Gideon and the mysterious man ride away and little did she know that would be the last time she would see the love of her life.
Gideon Lyndon
Candy Briggs
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gideon the Viscount of Galway disappeared a year ago. He had asked Lady Sybil Anson to marry him. All he had to do was sign the betrothal papers. She did not know where he was. She spent that year crying and thinking Gideon was possibly dead. He was a fugitive because he helped Charles get away from forced enlistment to the British Navy. So they were on the run and when they came home they were still wanted, men.
I felt light-hearted in places and sad in others. The plot had a couple of twists to
Debra Martin
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick read, but packs a lot into the story. Lady Sybil Anson has scandal written in her name but that does not matter since she has found love with viscount Gideon Lyndon. Problem is, on the eve of signing the marriage contracts, Gideon disappears from London leaving Sybil devastated. What could possibly keep him away from the woman he loves?

I enjoyed this story and especially the little excerpts from the scandal sheet that began each chapter. That added a nice touch. Gideon's charact
Kelly  The Sassy Book Lover
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a story of soulmates beating all odds. I was hooked from the start when he disappeared wondering what had happened. I wasn't sure how it all would play out when he returned and I really liked how that spark was still in full force. When everything came out I was holding my breath afraid of what would happen, but it was perfect.

Sybil is nothing like the other girls and she doesn't try to hide it. I loved her right away with how she did what she wanted and didn't hold back anything. She wa
Tanja Kezmic
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: omgreads
Cute 3.5*

You know that feeling when you start reading and are immediately pull into the story? This short read was just that. With just 10 chapters you get to feel all the love, fear and hope that Gideon and Sybil felt and you don't feel rushed while reading. I was so sad when Gideon disappeared and Sybil didn't know where he was. I loved that she still had a special place in her heart and didn't forget about him. I loved her I-want-what-I-want-and-I’m-not-afraid-to-take-it attitude. I’ve got
Kat Wiley
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read! I just loved The Lady Loves A Scandal by Christina McKnight! Christina is a very talented author and I have loved all of her books that I have read and this is no exception. This novella has everything I love in a story, romance, mystery, friendships, devotion and misunderstandings. The characters seem real and the descriptions so vivid that I found myself lost in the story. What I truly loved was the scandal newspaper clippings she added. It really brought out the feel for the story ...more
Linda
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Christina McKnight has written another successful story! The author has a great talent for bring her well developed characters to life in this easy to read, well written story. The story created many emotions for me from sad, frustrated, to happy which is to me the sign of a good author, when I am feeling strongly about the characters and the story.
I am not a person that likes to tell the story in my review. I believe that sp
Bernadette
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely

This is a lovely story that demonstrates that love, in all its iterations, is the thing that shows us how good a character really is.
Sybil has grieved for her lost love, but is certain there is a reason for his disappearance that has nothing to do with her. On his return she is unsure as to what to do. Curiosity wins out and answers are found.
The genuine affection that the characters have for each other comes through in the dialogue and also in the small physical movements each makes. The
Cheryl
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an entertaining read. Lady Sybil Anson is a lively character who loves to do as she pleases. Sybil is about to be betrothed to Gideon Lyndon, Viscount Galway, the man she loves when he disappears. I enjoyed the fact that when Gideon returns after his unexplained absence, Sybil is determined to do what is necessary to find out where he has been. This is a fast paced story that will keep you reading until the end. I received a copy and have voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and opinio ...more
SH
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christina McKnight’s ‘The Lady Loves a Scandal’ unites Gideon Lyndon, Viscount Galway with Sybil Anson, who he was about to become betrothed to but disappeared into the night, only to return over a year later. I really enjoyed this story as both characters shared such a depth of feeling for each other; however, events related to Gideon’s absence prevent the romance from progressing. The intrigue of the story kept me reading at a rapid pace!
I received an advanced review copy from NetGalley in exc
April
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 4 5

I originally read this novella in the Started With a Whisper" anthology. Loved Lady Sybil Anson and Gideon Lyndon, Viscount Galway's story. Charming and engaging characters. The storyline is well written, unpredictable, with secrets, a bit of danger, sacrifices, mysteries and suspense, all of which pulls this impressive novella together, with heart pounding adventure. I enjoyed watching the mystery unfolding. A delightful and delicious Regency romance. Another great read by the incre
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Lady Loves a Scandal by Christina McKnight is the story of Sybil Anson and Gideon.
Anson and Gideon where to planning on being married but the night before things were finalized he disappeared. Now almost a year later he has turned up again although the pain of what Gideon did to her, Anson still wants to know what happened. Gideon past had come back to get him...now he is back. But can he get back what he lost with Anson?
Great Read....loved it!
Robin
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a well-written Regency novella. Lady Sybil Anson was about to become engaged to the love of her life, when he disappeared suddenly. Over a year later Gideon Lyndon reappears, asking Lady Sybil for another chance. I enjoyed this novella and look forward to reading more stories by this author.
Babette Brown
(Teresa Siciliano)
Un regency**
Un curioso romance, che richiede forse troppa sospensione dell’incredulità da parte di chi legge. Ma, tutto sommato, non più di tanti altri.
La traduzione (non malvagia) è targata Babelcube. Il difetto più grosso è che nessuno ha riletto il testo prima di pubblicarlo. Donde un numero di refusi stratosferico.
ShariB
May 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.
I am a little tossed about this story. It is well written but not fleshed out enough for my taste, but that is the nature of a novella. If you want a quick evening read, then this is a great story of love, forgiveness and redemption. (I am not sure I would forgive him for the reasons put forth.)
I received a copy of this book through NetGalley for my honest opinion.
Pamela
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a quick read, just a novella. The couple is interesting and in love, always a plus, in a maze of romance novels with bickering, refuse to talk, secret keeping couples. There is a secret kept by the H, but it is revealed and not something that has kept him from loving the delightful h. A sweet story, not really a sexy story. I received a free arc in exchange for an honest review.
Maggie Whitworth
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
❤❤❤❤
💋
A great short read to keep you entertained on a spring night .
A perfect love , but with a few hiccups, Gideon and Sybil seem made for each other .
No cliffhangers, just a lovely story .
I received an advanced copy of this book and chose to submit a review
MDM
May 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish McKnight had given us more of a story here. We have the beginnings of an interesting plot, with an impressed sailor, and a friend who wants to bring him home. But with only 94 pages, the whole story feels compressed and rushed. Too bad, because I think there was more to be done.
Lori
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Christina McKnight’s Regency novella The Lady Loves a Scandal, and I loved it! Sybil and Gideon are beautiful characters and their love so, perfect, strong and true. What would you endure for true love, and how long would you wait?
Kathy Bunbury
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sybil is a bit headstrong and flaunts society's rules, but I enjoyed her spirit. Gideon is solid and steadfast so his disappearance seems out of character. I liked seeing these complex characters reunite, my only criticism is that the end seems to be a bit abrupt.
USA Today Bestselling Author Christina McKnight writes emotional and intricate Regency Romance with strong women and maverick heroes.

Christina enjoys a quiet life in Northern California with her family, her wine, and lots of coffee. Oh, and her books...don't forget her books! Most days she can be found writing, reading, or traveling the great state of California.

Sign up for Christina's newsletter