Start by marking “Bloom (The Order #1)” as Want to Read:
Bloom (The Order #1)

Bloom

(The Order #1)

When she was sold at the age of nine to a Suitor, Fawn believed he would protect her from the “Mainworld”, where those who know nothing about the Order dwell. Living with the cruel man who bought her freedom, she finds just what the Order is about: money, control, and status for the Owner and humiliation and abuse for those they own.
Unwilling to accept the expectations of
Published February 28th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services

Start your review of Bloom (The Order #1)
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description
description WELP...I just don't know what to say about this one. Until 85% it was a solid 5 Star read. I was loving it! Fantastic writing. Great characters. Intriguing plot...all good things. Then the wheels flew right off the f-cking bus at 85% when we find out (huge spoiler) --> (view spoiler) talk about deflating my
Christina
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received this book from the Author and Stephanie's Book Reports in exchange for my honest opinion.

I'm just gonna start this off with.....where the hell have I been?!!!! Being a HUGE Dark/Erotica lover, I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't heard of this author before. Don't worry. Since finishing this book, I've already entered #stalkermode, as my blogger would call it. WOW!!!

Fawn is no stranger to the Order and their ways. After all, she's grown up within the "system", having been sold
Elanur
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
Brilliant. The last chapters took me out!!!

RTC
Expresso
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
The more I delve into organizations, cults, orders, etc. the more intrigue I become...

I’m a newbie to Nikki Rae and what a friggin intro Bloom turned out to be! Bloom is a dark tale of two lost souls who are part of a vicious world. Fawn lived a normal happy life until the order. Master Lyon is an enigma who now owns Fawn. This is their journey to truth and transparency.

This dark story is not for the vanilla or gray readers. Stay in your lane if you’re not a lover of things dark! And that
Coco.V
Apr 27, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (4/27/2018)!

Blurb:
Given to The Grimm Order as an infant, Fawn was raised in a world shaped by the rich and powerful. When she was sold at the age of nine to a Suitor, Fawn believed he would protect her from the “Mainworld”, where those who know nothing about the Order live. Living with the cruel man who bought her freedom, she finds just what the Order is about: money, control, and status for the Owner and humiliation and abuse for those they own.
Unwilling to accept the
Christy McCurry
WOW! What a tantalizing ride. I seriously need book #2. Bloom left me in a frenzy. I finished this story over a week ago and I still cannot get it off my mind.

Christy
Radical Reads Book Blog
Shirley Cuypers
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Original review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Nikki Rae!

Fawn was given to The Grim Order when she was a child but she was never really bought because the first Master she had, couldn’t keep her. He treated her like a dog and she disgraced him. Now that she’s 19, she’s finally bought by Master Lyon (Elliot) and he’s everything she didn’t expect him to be. But can Fawn trust him?

First of all, I want to apologise for my review because I’m not sure
Tre Talbot
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m intrigued with this story as we learn when what Fawn has been through at such a young age and how she continues in the present day. Elliot is a man of mystery for a better half of this book but little by little we’re presented with pieces of what’s hidden within, parts of himself that not many are aware of. I won’t give anything away because there’s a cliffhanger at the end and of course I need to know more so I’m jumping straight into book two next. Be warned now that this is a darker read, ...more
E.P.
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fawn was once the specialest of all the special girls in her Compound. Until she was sold into cruel servitude and tried to fight back. Now she finds herself sold again despite being damaged goods. Is this her chance to finally escape as she's been plotting all these years, or is she going to end up even more trapped than before?

"Bloom" is dark, disturbing, and compelling. It takes the story at the heart of most romance novels, the myth of Persephone, in which an innocent young woman is captured
Amy (Lost in a Good Book)
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Nikki Rae delivers. I will admit I was wary when I first began reading. It's different, it's certainly uncomfortable and dark at times, but nevertheless it is everything that makes Rae's books wonderful.

There were some scenes that made my stomach turn, which is interesting because this is not Rae's first dark, sinisterly book. Nor the first with such a dark subject. It wasn't the concept though, nor the overall situation, just a few scenes that made me feel ill as I read. It made my
Louise Seraphim Reviews
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, read-2018
I happened upon this book for two reasons, the first reason, it was free! Secondly, because I love this authors books, so it made perfect sense to read it. And I'm so glad I did.

So obviously aside from those facts, the blurb looked awesome and I was incredibly intrigued. I love reading dark stories of hidden, powerful organisations. In this story, Fawn is one of many children who are given to The Grimm Order when young, so that they can be trained and primed ready to be purchased by one of the
Claire Cronin
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nikki Rae is a new author to me, but upon reading the blurb for Bloom I was immediately intrigued by the dark and sinister world and the cult situation - I must say it was a great read for me, thoroughly intriguing, captivating, dark and brutal!!

Fawn is one of the children given to The Order and purchased by a Master at 9yrs old, but she rebelled against him and would not bend to his will, runs away but is captured and taken back into her old Compound, shunned and disgraced and used as a maid to
Joann Herley
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bloom (The Order Series #1) is a dark and sometimes disturbing story of a young woman names Fawn who has been sold into servitude. Her owner is mysterious, generous, brutal, and carrying secrets. Their journey is intriguing. Ms. Rae's writing keeps you turning the pages as she reveals the reasons, the emotions, and the secrets of this mesmerizing story. I was a little disappointed in the ending of the story but will definitely watch for the next book in the series.
Renee
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is an intriguing book. The author does a good job adding some very unexpected turns and making the reader feel.

The character development was solid for the main characters. I would have liked to see a little more development for the secondary. The world building I felt could have used just a little more work because it did take me a bit to get into the book. However, once it grabbed me it kept me captivated. I deducted one star for both character development and world building.

There's
Aղցela W.
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review Coming
The Beauty and Her Reads
No matter how much you learn, how many times you are told the same fact, how much you’ve imagined the multitudes of outcomes and scenarios, the people involved and what is expected of you; sometimes when faced with reality of the situation, there is no preparing for it.

The initial vibe I got from this book when I first read the description was pretty *meh*. It had the very much overdone and basic slavery background with the male love interest being the ‘Master’ who also happens to be
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bloom was sent to me by Nikki for review, and prior to reading I had only the vaguest idea of the plot and general tone. It's categorised as erotic romance/BDSM on here, and I think that's at least a little misleading. This isn't 50 Shades of Grey, and I'm glad for that. There's no actual sex in this book, BDSM or otherwise. There are some erotic-ish moments, although they're limited by the fact that those exchanges are, if not non-consentual, then at least reluctant. I'd categorise it as a ...more
Erica Mae Campos
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review originally posted at my blog for the upcoming Wilt Blog Tour: https://livingahundredlives.wordpress...

Okay, I don’t know how to start this but it is, by far, the most awesome book I’ve read this 2018! Seriously, I don’t know what to do or say. I was quiet since I’ve reached the second half of the book and I read 80% of it in just one sitting! I just wished that I was able to delve into it as soon as I started it but duuuuude, I promise you that once you get the hang of it YOU WON’T BE
Michaelene
I like darker romances. I like when you can’t quite figure out the characters or their motives, and in that regard, Nikki Rae’s Bloom delivers. However, the way this book played out just didn’t work for me.

Fawn was raised in a cult and after a bad experience with an Owner her eyes are opened to her world. Her recapture bends her spirit into submission until her fate changes again and a new owner—as well as a new escape plan—opens up.

So, the beginning grabbed me. I was rooting for Fawn right
Anna
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Confession – I put off writing this review for several weeks. This was the darkest book I’ve ever read and I had so many different (and conflicting) emotions while reading. When I finished the book I struggled between 5+ stars and 1.

Trigger Warning – Sexual Assault and Abuse

From the very first sentence, Nikki Rae pulled me into this book. This book is written from Fawn’s POV and you really feel like you’re in her head. You become a part of her world. After every chapter I had to find out what
Mia
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEW

Intense. Explosive. Intoxicating.
Those are the words that best describe this book.

‘Bloom’ by Nikki Rae is book one in a trilogy called The Order.

This book is not for the lighthearted, it touches some subjects that might be triggering for some people and could be hard to read. But if you dare and pick this beauty up you will not be disappointed.

Fawn is a pawn in The Order’s world, she’s an object used to please men and to be paraded around like a prize.
She was thrown in this cruel world
Elle Love Books
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG this series was so dark like anything I have read before. I don't even know where to begin with my review without giving anything away and beside my head is such a mess right now. So many emotions and questions going through it. Okay first thing first..this series needs to be read in order as every book ends in a cliffhanger. The first book is Bloom then Wilt and then Chrysalis.
When I started Bloom I knew this will be a dark read from the beginning I just didn't know how dark it will get,
miri
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
The good: This was my first "dark NA" - it was surprisingly intriguing. I stayed up late to finish the book and searched for the next immediately (it isn't available yet, and the end of this book was definitely not the end).

The bad: The writing could get a bit condescending/patronising (I can't think of the proper word for this!) - while I like knowing how the characters feel and think, sometimes there was just too much being spelt out for the reader, and sometimes it became a litany. Also,
Books Laid Bare
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A new to me author and a story that grab me by the throat from the very start and never let up.
Elliot and Fawn are complicated but captivating characters and Fawn’s past is far from ordinary, having been given to the Grim Order when she was nothing more than a child, she has learnt that life isn’t always sweetness and light, if at all. But at the age of 19 she has moved on, no not out of the clutches of the Order but on to another Master. I was at odds with the terminology and what she had been
Michelle
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bloom hooked me during its cover reveal over a month ago honestly and was thrilled to be a part of the book tour with an ARC. The words "dark" and "erotic" form the shell of this contemporary adult romance that is actually the first in Nikki Rae's series, The Order. Bloom gives us the basis behind The Order where those with power rule and own anything and everything their claws can grasp, including innocent children, both girls and boys alike. The children are slaves must show those of The Order ...more
Allie Bock
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*Bloom* by Nikki Rae

It's been about a month ago since I have read this book. This book is one that I have been thinking about for the last month. Tank didn't read it with me as he needs to protect his innocence.

I don't even know where to start with this book! It was described as a romance possibly a little bit of a dark romance. Yet, it's so much more than the guy and the girl get together and have a lot of make out sessions.

What is this book about, you may ask?

Well, there is a secret society
ReadingInPyjamas
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Even the prettiest flowers have thorns."

Give me a dystopian world and complex and very damaged characters and you've got me hooked. Bloom is the first book I read from Nikki Rae and I absolutely loved it. Her writing style is fantastic. It was a dark and captivating read.

When she was an infant Fawn was given to an Order that traded children into slavery. She struggles to accept her faith and by the age of nineteen she tries to find ways to escape her nightmare, but then she is bought by the
Jessie Seymour
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy
I received a copy of this book for an honest review

I gave this book 4 stars. This book never wasted pages. This book was a decent length but I never felt as if it was dragging on or even felt the need to put it down because I was bored. It was actually the perfect pace.

This book just messed me up. I didn’t pick it up until last night and once I did I really didn’t want to stop. I’m kind of mad about where it left off and the fact that we don’t have any news about the next book, but it’s okay
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A seductively dark tale that leaves you breathless and pushes your boundaries. This was a definite wow book for me. Throughout the whole book Nikki Rae had me wavering. One moment I'm screaming run, the next I'm screaming stay. In a world surrounded by Owners and Slaves there is no choice. When you are born and sold into the The Order the girls and boys don't realize the horror of what awaits them out of the compound. They strive to make sure they follow the rules so a Suitor picks them and ...more
Charlie
I’ve finished reading the first two books Bloom (book one) and Wilt (book two) and my god, I truly didn’t know what to expect diving into this series but I’m glad I did!!!

If you’re into dark romance with ‘Masters’ and organised cults then this book is soooooo for you!

The story follows Fawn aka Doe and Elliot aka Master Lyon. I don’t even know where to start with telling you about this series!

Doe is strong and resilient and I absolutely adore her, all that she has been through she’s still not
« previous 1 3 next »

• Even When I'm Gone (Stay with Me, #2)
  • Stay with Me (Stay with Me, #1)
  • Fallen Saint (All The Pretty Things, #2)
  • Heartless Hero
  • Choke Me
  • Share Me
  • Bad Saint (All The Pretty Things Trilogy, #1)
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Forever My Saint (All The Pretty Things Trilogy, #3)
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume One (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #1)
  • Cold Queen
  • A Torn Paige (Hidden Kingdom Trilogy #1)
  • Chase the Butterflies
  • Daddy Me
  • What Do You See? (What Do You, #1)
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • Once Upon a Wish-mas
  • Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
Nikki Rae is an independent author who lives in New Jersey. She explores human nature through fiction, concentrating on making the imaginary as real as possible. Her genres of choice are mainly dark, scary, romantic tales, but she’ll try anything once. When she is not writing, reading, or thinking, you can find her spending time with animals, drawing in a quiet corner, or studying people. Closely.

The Order (4 books)
  • Wilt (The Order #2)
  • Chrysalis (The Order, #3)
  • Scorch