Start by marking “A Summer of Secrets” as Want to Read:
A Summer of Secrets

A Summer of Secrets

A contemporary manor house mystery romance crackling with sexual tension, family secrets and ancestral intrigue.

Sophia Nelson returns to her hometown in Yorkshire, England to begin a new job as tour guide at Heaton Abbey House. There, she meets the reclusive Thomas, Baron Heaton, a lonely workaholic.

Despite having a rule never to become involved with her boss, Sophia can’t
Published March 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about A Summer of Secrets, please sign up.
Lorna Peel Hi Jennifer,
I wrote the book in about 2005. The book was originally published as New Blood but I self-published it with a new title.
Thanks for your qu…more
Hi Jennifer,
Thanks for your question!
Lorna(less)

Start your review of A Summer of Secrets
Anna
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute book with interesting story.
Fiona
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I hope I'm not doing this novel a disservice by calling it a modern Downton Abbey but as I read A Summer of Secrets I couldn't help but think of how the Crawleys will have to open their home up to the public in order to make ends meet like Lord Thomas Heaton in this book is forced to do. In doing so he meets Sophia who is employed as a tour guide and they fall for each other but are reluctant to commit. I became immediately involved with Sophia and Thomas and their will they or won't they relati ...more
Hannah
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fascinating

I enjoyed the book throughly between the twists and turns and unexpected drama. There is adult content so I would recommend this book only to adults. Characters were well developed and strong. 8/10
Catalina Clavero
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Meh

Plot was good enough but characters lack development and depth. The action is most of the time rushed from one context to another without any indication.
Patricia Balfe
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A well-written story about what it's like to be a lord in the 21st century. I highly recommend this book. ...more
Donna
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A well written and entertaining novel!

This wasn't your typical unrealistic romance novel. It contains elements of hurt, anger, grief, love, and hope all mixed together. I loved the setting, the genuineness of the plot and the two main characters who managed to work through the consequences of the past and embrace the hope of the future. It is a love story without all the awful misunderstandings some authors feel driven to unload onto their readers. Every choice made in life has a consequence and
Nisha Malik
Apr 25, 2021 rated it liked it
Noreen O'Halloran
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Summer of Secrets is a great romantic mystery. Sophia Nelson starts a new job as a tour guide in Heaton Abbey House, home of the aristocratic Heaton family, just as a dark secret hidden for decades concerning Thomas, Baron Heaton's parentage is uncovered.

This novel was a real page turner as Sophia and Thomas try to fight their attraction to each other while the consequences of the secret's uncovering unravels leaving none of the characters unscathed.
Jade Fernandez
Apr 17, 2020 rated it liked it
i finished it, and it started off well enough, but i found it difficult to follow at times. the action jumps from moment to moment without indication as someone noted previously, and sometimes the writing made me roll my eyes. that being said, i wanted to keep reading it.
Joetta
Jun 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It is something that pulled me right in from the beginning.
Janine
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the storyline and the characters made me laugh and cry. Quite often at the same time. A great read.
Becker Ratings
May 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
I seldom read a new author and find it totally fascinating.
Barbara
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great novel with love complications and family responsibilities. I enjoyed it very much.
Yamashitacho
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this romance and piece of Modern British culture and society. It piqued my interest in “British Piles” and how they are maintaining them preserving UK’s history and artifacts.
Amy
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A sweet book. Very enjoyable.
Janice Rogala
May 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Margaret
An engrossing romantic suspense. The author did a great job of providing the reader with a balance between the romance and the suspense. All the characters are well developed and read like real people. The relationship between Sophia and Thomas unfolded naturally and didn't feel forced. A Summer of Secrets kept me turning pages to the very end. ...more
Sarah Avery
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very enjoyable read with an unusual setting, a believable romance, main and secondary characters with depth, genealogy research and family secrets and intrigue.
KimberlyRose

• Blindsided
  • Dino: Living High in the Dirty Business of Dreams
  • Forgotten Movie Stars of the 30's, 40's, and 50's
  • Her Revolution
  • His Forever (Every Curvy Inch, #1)
  • CEOs Desires (His Curvy Craving #1)
  • The Brothers Next Door (A Striker Brothers MFM Romance)
  • Her Forever (Every Curvy Inch, #3)
  • Our Forever (Every Curvy Inch, #2)
  • Two Times the Mountain Men (Menage MFM Romance)
  • Security Needs (His Curvy Craving #2)
  • Floats Her Boat
  • Deconstructing The Rat Pack: Joey, The Mob and the Summit
  • Make Me Yours
  • BEARly Mated to the Grizzly (Bear Clan #2)
  • Blacksmith (A Real Man #10)
  • Her Beast, His Beauty
  • Just Friends (A Real Man #19)
Lorna Peel is an author of historical fiction and mystery romance novels set in Ireland and the UK. Lorna was born in England, grew up in North Wales and now lives in rural Ireland. A SCARLET WOMAN, A SUITABLE WIFE, A DISCARDED SON, A FORLORN HOPE and A CRUEL MISCHIEF – books 1-5 in The Fitzgeralds of Dublin Series - a gritty family saga set in Victorian Ireland – are out now on Kindle, in paperba ...more

News & Interviews