Start by marking “The Senator's Daughter” as Want to Read:
The Senator's Daughter

The Senator's Daughter

Rita the only daughter of billionaire, Senator Obaseki, hides behind her reputation as a spoilt wealthy heiress with no ambition to cover up a painful past.
Former soldier Nosa Edosa, believes the Senator to be the epitome of greed and political corruption. Failing to bring him to justice through legal means, his last-ditch effort involves kidnapping the man's daughter.
Published February 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Senator's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Senator's Daughter

Delaney Diamond
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
So the hero kidnaps the heroine, but it's not as bad as it sounds. He's not really a bad guy. In fact, he's a very nice guy and had a good reason for what he did. During her captivity they fall in love and join forces to resolve a serious issue in their country, Nigeria. By the way, I thoroughly enjoyed the cultural details.

The hero and heroine were opposites. She was a somewhat spoiled, rich, party girl. He was selfmade, quiet and reserved but knew how to handle her in the bedroom. ;) He was a
Oluwakemi Babalola
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just binge read 3 books from this author this weekend.
I love her books and style of writing. I really hope Femi gets his own story as his the only one of the trio left!
Kudos Amaka! You’re on my list of favorite nigerian authors now ❤
Donna (More Than a Review)
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Senator’s Daughter by Amaka Azie was a book that caught my attention and kept it up to the last page. I read the book in one day. You cannot help but sympathize with Nosa and his grief and need for justice. Someone close to him has died as a result of greed and they were above the law. So he decides to get justice his own way. It was well planned out. He stalks Rita for weeks looking for a blip in her security. Rita is the daughter of Senator Obaseki. She appears spoiled and without a plan f ...more
Empi Baryeh
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying I really enjoyed this story! A perfect kidnap plan goes all wrong when the victim turns out to be the kidnappers perfect mate. The characters were likable, empathetic and well-rounded.

The Senator's Daughter takes very real issues in Nigerian/West African society and politics and weaves them neatly into this tale of love, loyalty, suspense and intrigue. The romance between Nosa and Rita starts slowly and builds up to a satisfying and sensual peak.

I was pleasantly surprised
Jite
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm new to this Nigerian romance writer which is lucky for me because it means I have the privilege of having her backlist to explore. Featuring a corrupt senator's spoiled daughter and a strict ex-Army hero out for revenge against him, this romantic suspense novel set in Abuja in Nigeria is realistic, relevant, contemporary and just really entertaining.

Admittedly, this started a little slowly for me with quite a bit of stage setting where I would have preferred a start with a more action-packe
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, books-to-review
Review to come
Oriana Tekleba
Aug 31, 2018
Success
rated it did not like it
Dec 06, 2018
Olufunke Anthonia
Mar 23, 2019
Rahila Iyaji
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What another fantastic book from Amaka! It's not just another romantic read. Great storytelling,character development, highlights of topical issues and very entertaining. It is definitely a book for now and ticks all the boxes for me. Highly recommended.
Ali Angelo
Jul 29, 2018
Arlettev
Jan 02, 2019
Amaka Azie
Mar 03, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Bashirat
Megan
Aug 07, 2019
Eva
Aug 26, 2019
Amaka Azie is an award-winning author of romance fiction set in tropical West Africa.

She explores the beauty and intricacies of the continent in her sweet and sensual love stories.

Born and raised in Nigeria, West Africa, she developed a passion for reading at the age of twelve. Her interest in writing began in secondary school when she joined the press club.

Her books showcase bold and exciting