Start by marking “Soul of Stars (Heart of Iron, #2)” as Want to Read:
Soul of Stars (Heart of Iron, #2)

Soul of Stars

(Heart of Iron #2)

The highly awaited sequel to Heart of Iron, Soul of Stars is a thrilling sci-fi adventure packed with romance, shocking twists, and witty banter, perfect for fans of Six of Crows and Cinder.

Once, Ana was an orphaned space outlaw. Then she was the Empress of the Iron Kingdom. Now, thought dead by most of the galaxy after she escaped from the dark AI program called the HIVE,
Published July 23rd 2019 by Balzer + Bray

Start your review of Soul of Stars (Heart of Iron, #2)
Ashley Poston
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi! Um, I'm sorry I kind of broke your hearts in Heart of Iron.
Candace Robinson
Heart of Iron was one of my favorite books of last year and I was so incredibly excited for this one! Plus, come on, Anastasia retelling in space is totally awesome!

First, the awesome! Jax and Robb! Man, oh man, I love these two gents so much! They are the perfect power couple, seriously! Also, the world building in these books is freaking great! Especially when it's hard for me to get into sci-fi most of the time!

I think my main issue was Anna. I love her, but I feel like this story wasn't
megs_bookrack
Waiting on my preorder reminds me...
Perhaps I should read the first book
✨    jamieson   ✨
Oct 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: anticipated-2019
first of all: that cover is STUNNING

second of all: book one had some great characters who I love and miss, I'm excited to see them again. Heart of Iron was one of those books I just saw SO MUCH series potential in, I really hope that Soul of Stars comes through for me

also .... give me more of that good gay shit or give me death Ms Poston
Amber J
I try to express only my most honest opinion in a spoiler free way. If you feel anything in my review is a spoiler and is not already hidden in spoiler brackets please let me know. Thank you.

This is the second book of a duology. I fell in love with the first book after the first three chapters and I am so glad I decided to read it. This book leaves off after the first book ended on a cliffhanger.

There are so many characters in this book, each with there own wonderful personalities. The book has
Angelica
Mar 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
This cover.

I didn't love book one, but I can't even deny that I kinda want this book, and I kinda want it now.
Diana
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Vid review available 4, March, 2020 here https://youtu.be/uGrkDHd3m5M
Sharon
Mediocre plot but likable characters.

Here are some of my thoughts (on both the 1st and 2nd books):
• I love Di since his first chapter. I like his character especially in Book 1 – he is logical but also adorably sassy and surprisingly caring for a “robot.” His character is easy to like, especially when you can tell how much he cares for Ana and the rest of the crew. His story definitely becomes more angsty than I would have expected and preferred. In Book 2, I find his Emperor chapters blah. It
Andrea
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, own-ebook, 2019-read
What a wild ride this duology has been.

I love the world of Heart of Iron. The galaxy, world building and mythology of the world is phenomenal. I love the characters and how much they've changed since the beginning of this tale. Ana really grew in this book too. And her relationship with Captain Siege is my everything.

I loved the twists and revelations about Ana, The Great Dark and Di that happened. There were a couple loose ends that didn't feel completely wrapped up, but I really loved this
Jean
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. Something's missing, especially in the way things wrapped up between Di and Ana. A little rushed and vague perhaps?
Sara Saif
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it

Heart of Iron, when I read it more than a year ago, vowed me so much I lamented that I couldn't read the sequel sooner. And by lamented I mean I felt actual PANGS. Those are super rare. Which is why it saddens me to no end that the sequel did not have that magic the first book did.
I kept trying to feel that same feeling of enchantment, it did not come.

That was the biggest letdown about this book, one that is completely personal. The second thing is, it was predictable and underwhelming because
♠ TABI ♠
hi I will gladly sell my heart and soul for a chance to get my hands on this book A S A P like I don't even have to read it, I just wanna touch that absolutely BEAUTIFUL cover okay
Mila
Jul 31, 2019 rated it liked it
I was unfortunately quite disappointed by this sequel to a lighthearted and enjoyable Heart of Iron. I think the beginning was pretty strong but then it just went downhill and I lost any interest in the plot or the characters. Also, the romantic relationships were kind of cure but pulled too much attention towards them and it messed up the pacing.
Chloe
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Spoiler free, but spoilers for Heart Of Iron*

I can't believe I got to read this book. Heart Of Iron became one of my favorite books when I read it. It's a Anastasia retelling in space with robots and queer characters and such fantastic writing. My heart is basically bursting with love for this duology.

I didn't quite know what to expect with this book. The first book was so good, and I knew the basic plotlines that would carry over. But I wasn't sure how everything would play out or what route
Joanna Goodrich
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
This retelling of Anastasia was a fun story and that's what really kept me going. The writing isn't amazing and Poston gives way too much away too early. She doesn't leave room for speculation or shock, the hints she gives are so specific (and she repeats things you should remember for the future) that any chance of a plot twist is lost.

Also- everything was just too easy. There was no struggle, and if a character did get into trouble, it was solved quickly and easily. Fear and hatred of
Zehra
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, in-english

If Ana saw Redveard again after all this was over, she wanted to tell him that he had been right-- Metals could not be saved with loveand sarcastic quips. Ana wasn't even sure they could be saved at all, although she held on to that hope like a ship clinging to its mooring.
She would get the heart. She would defeat the Great Dark.
And she would bring back Di.
She would.
She had to.

Heart of Iron was one of the best books I had read last year, and the wait until Soul of Stars was gruesom and way
anna
Oct 19, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2019-releases
Covers like this remind me of what a sci fi fangirl I can be. Umm...Hello, gorgeous! You’ll be coming home to me. ...more
Layla
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-love
Murder, betrayal, secrets, love - this has it all.

A fantastic sequel to Heart of Iron, I really wish that this had been a trilogy rather than a duology. I adored the characters and their journey but the ending was very swift, almost anti-climactic, as to why I feel it could have been made into three books. But I adored this world and it's characters so very much, certainly one of my favourite re-tellings to date.
Jessica (a GREAT read)
It was a lot of fun to be able to binge read the Heart of Iron duology by Ashley Poston. Soul of Stars brings this series to a close and despite a few troubles on my own end, I have to say it was well told. I tend to struggle with "space" books and a slower reading pace and little time to read this one wasn't in my favor, but I still really liked this one overall.

We pick up a few months after the events of the first book. Ana has healed from Di trying to kill her. Di has been HIVED and is ruling
Jen
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say? Ashley Poston is a genius. She gave me these characters in Heart of Iron, said "Here fall in love with them!" and then proceeded to break my heart twenty different ways but also made me smile uncontrollably while doing it.

This was a whirlwind of a sequel that kept the pace of the first book, with the intrigue of the Great Dark, the painful hope of seeing Di freed from the HIVE, and the ache of romance that had me swooning. It had me on the edge of my seat, unable to put it down,
Kate
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The second book in this duology follows the continuing adventures of Ana and her friends. This was a very character driven sci-fi. The relationships are at the heart of the novel, and the plot and world building sometimes fell short for me. This book had several sections that seemed bogged down in detail and needlessly confusing. (Also, what was the point of Elara and Xu?)

I'm willing to forgive most of this because I am WEAK for the romance in this book. Robb/Jax especially but Di/Ana have
Karissa
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Series Info/Source: 2nd book in the Heart of Iron duology. I bought this book.

Story (4/5): I didn’t enjoy this quite as much as the last book but I am struggling to pinpoint why. I think there was just too much jumping around between characters. All the jumping around was a bit jarring and I just never fell into the story like I did with the first one.

Characters (4/5): I feel like this book was a lot more focused on Jax and Robb than Ana and Di. Part of this is probably because Di is taken over
Morgan | Mashleas Reads
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
» 5 stars «

Damn I love this series.

The feels hit you right in the heart and the epic sci-fi action keeps you on the edge of your seat.
The slow burn angsty romance is exactly the type I live for.

If you love awesome sci-fi stories, retellings, murderous robots and romance that completely captures you, I would HIGHLY recommend this series.
Callie Randolph
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned, 2019-releases
Overall this duology was a fun sci-fi take on the Anastasia story and I enjoyed it. However, it was extremely predictable. It was a super easy read and overall an interesting plotline with fun, sassy, and diverse cast of characters.
P.M.
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was great sequel to Heart of Iron. I'm sorry the series is done. It had great characters ].
Iris Alvino
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh bravo that was EPIC. I’m going to miss these characters so much. Everything tied together brutally fantastically perfect. Ana & Di forever ...more
ReadWithE
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Sadly this book was less powerful for me than the first one, and a lot more YA
Flo
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
I have sooooo many questions!!! And they’re all about Captain Siege If someone knows what I’m talking about, please reach out and DM me so we can discuss ...more
Marianne (Boricuan Bookworms)
I am emotionally indisposed for an indefinite amount of time.
Cameron
Feb 14, 2019 marked it as to-read
I just finished Heart of Iron and I NEEEEED THIS! How am I supposed to wait until July????? That cover is STUNNING!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Bone Houses
  • Diamond & Dawn (Amber & Dusk, #2)
  • Winterwood
  • Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)
  • Queen of Ruin (Grace and Fury, #2)
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • When She Reigns (Fallen Isles, #3)
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • The Merciful Crow (The Merciful Crow, #1)
  • I Hope You Get This Message
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox, #2)
  • Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)
  • There Will Come a Darkness (The Age of Darkness, #1)
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • Immunity (Contagion, #2)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • Crown of Feathers (Crown of Feathers, #1)
Ashley Poston’s is a part-time author and full-time fangirl. She was born in rural South Carolina, where you can see the stars impossibly well...

Tweet her at @ashposton and read her inner-most rambles at www.ashposton.com.

Heart of Iron (2 books)
  • Heart of Iron (Heart of Iron, #1)