Start by marking “The Man in Black (Chicago Syndicate, #9)” as Want to Read:
The Man in Black (Chicago Syndicate, #9)

The Man in Black (Chicago Syndicate World)

4.6  ·  Rating details ·  208 Ratings  ·  157 Reviews
Standalone. Although part of the Chicago Syndicate world, The Man in Black is a standalone and can be enjoyed either with or without reading the rest of the series.

Brielle
He consumed my mind. I never even crossed his.

From the moment I met Michael, mysteriously brooding and dressed like a dark angel, there was something electric between us. Or so I thought.
What I believed w
Kindle Edition
Published August 9th 2018

Win a Copy of This Book

• The Man in Black by Soraya Naomi
    The Man in Black (Chicago Syndicate #9)
    Release date: Aug 09, 2018
    Enter for a chance to win a Signed Paperback of The Man in Black by Soraya Naomi. Standalone Contemporary Mafia Romance.
    Meet the manipulative, skilled

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 1 copy available, 616 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Aug 09 - Sep 08, 2018

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Man in Black, please sign up.
    Soraya Naomi Yes, it is Michael from "For the Love of Luca", and Michael is also featured in the novella "For Cesare."

Soraya Naomi
    Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
    SIGNED PAPERBACK GIVEAWAY: https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

#TheManinBlack is #LIVE and #Free with #KindleUnlimited! Meet the manipulative, powerful man! #oneclick #1click #NewRelease #Romance

AMAZON US ➜ https://amzn.to/2NFNToV
    AMAZON UK ➜ https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FT8K7V6
    AMAZON CA ➜ https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07FT8K7V6
    AMAZON AUS ➜ https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07FT8K7V6
    PAPERBACK ➜ https://amzn.to/2Kxykh6

BooksCastleIgnite
    Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    Wow! Soraya you did it again! The Man in Black was Epic! It was so tasteful, so amazing, so loving! I was deeply head over heel with Michael’s character and let’s not forget the beautiful Brielle. I love Brielle character so much.....this girl is so strong but when it comes to Michael she definitely loses all her senses, but seriously who wouldn’t lol 😂!!

The love and hate going on between them is so phenomenal because they bring out such humor and sass that you literally feel the fire 🔥 around
    Maria
    Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    This is one of those books whose story sneaks in with discretion but then it becomes so intense that the reader loses the track of time. This is what actually happened to me when I started reading “The Man in Black”. Michael is a mafia man, a killer and he is deeply grieving the loss of his fiancé, killed during one of the mafia’s shooting. Brielle is a pastry chef and has landed a job at “Palermo”, a restaurant that apparently seems legitimate but its means is to manage the shady side of the Sy ...more
    Crissy
    Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    I absolutely loved this book. Michael and Brielle's story does not disappoint. I enjoyed the back and forth banter between the two; they made me smile a lot while reading this story. The chemistry between them from the very beginning was undeniable. I had no idea how a pastry chef and the mafia would mix but they mix oh so well in this story. The suspense within this story is everything and although I've read every book in this series I felt just like Brielle, which was new to everything Syndica ...more
    Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
    Loved loved it!

Want to win a signed paperback: https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...
    Shannon
    Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    I have been waiting for Michael's story and it was worth the wait!! This author has given us one of the best series and each book so original and captivating!! I loved every word and couldn't believe where this story went and the twists as always I never guessed or saw coming!!
    Nancy George
    Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    I have read each and every one of the Chicago Syndicate books. And they just keep getting better. These men love hard and protect even harder. And the women are just the perfect amount of sassy.
    Michael and Brielle are just so hot together. They are perfect for each other but fight it. Of course they do. If they didn't it would not make us feel all the emotion. And The Man in Black did not disappoint. Highly recommend this book. I suggest reading them all.
    Sherry Haynes
    Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    This book offers the escape into the Syndicate world. In each of the books in the series the men are very dominate and protective of those they love and the secrets of the syndicate while the women are independent, sassy and just what these men need to find their form of happiness. Granted this happiness usually comes with a price and the men have to decide if that price is worth it. Michael and Brielle's story is no different.

The Man In Black has all the usual things we expect and love in this
    Enakshi - The E-Book Addict
    Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: arc
    Well DAMN! That was a fantasctic book. So amazingly well written it was so so good. Michael definately pissed me off at the beginning but he also did redeem himself! And he did so SO very well. I loved everything about Brielle and Michael. Honestly i loved everything about this book. That's it!
    And READ . THIS . BOOK! Because i can assure you you're missing out if you LOVE mafia romance as much as i do!
    Clara Atkinson
    The Man in Black by Soraya Naomi

I have been looking forward to Michael and Brielle story since they were first introduced in The Love of Luca.
    Brielle is the new pastry chef at Palermo the restaurant and club that Chicago Syndicate owns. She is unaware that she works for them. Michael was the head of the New York Syndicate but gave it all up and left after he lost a love one and moved back to Chicago. He is now head of security for the Chicago Syndicate. He meets Brielle because of a mistake he
    Tania  Desired Reads Bookblog
    The man in black was perfection! This is the 9th book in the Chicago Syndicate and can be read as a standalone.
    I've always been intrigued by Michael since reading For Cesare, so you can imagine how giddy I was when he was introduced in For the love of Luca which is the 8th book in the Chicago syndicate. Michael's story is tragically beautiful, he has alot of guilt and anguish he needs to get through. Meeting Brielle was the best thing that's ever happened to him. The ups and downs in this book
    Vanessa Fortuin
    Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    I am totally addicted to the Chicago Syndicate series and this latest addition did not disappoint. Soraya Naomi does it again. A story packed with suspense and undeniable chemistry between Michael and Brielle. The story is fast-paced and imaginative and full of passion. With appearances from all the other characters, I highly recommend reading the series to get a grip on how the all fit together.
    Jackie D
    Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    I am amazed after all this time, and many books in - the Chigao Syndicate is still my favorite organized crime family!
    Micheals heart-tugging, bossy smirk, and Brielle's sassy, smart take care of business self, made for a crazy beautiful underground crime romance that lived up to previous books and then some!
    Witty, with butterfly inducing moments and heated suspense Soraya Noami had me experiencing all sorts of feels throughout the tantalizing pages!
    It was so hard to put this one down!
    The chara
    Latifa Morrisette
    Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    I'm so glad that Michael finally got his own book. We met Michael in the previous book and I'm so glad that we got an in-depth look at him. The Spark between him and Brielle is off the charts and I'm so glad we got five back into the world of the Chicago Syndicate. I absolutely recommend this series to everyone and you will not be disappointed.
    Phyllis Wolford
    Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    The continuing saga of the Chicago Syndicate.. love the book and the story line. I can’t wait for the next one. They unknowingly shared a past. Together they forged a future.
    Sherry Bohrmueller
    Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    Oh my! This book was fantastic. What a perfect couple and the banter back and forth made the whole book so good. I didn't want this book to end. This book is now my new favorite of this series. I don't think Soraya Naomi can write anything more perfect or better than this book!
    Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
    Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
    description

The Man in Black by Soraya Naomi
    GENRE: Dark Mafia Romance
    NARRATION: Dual POV
    BOOK DETAILS: A standalone novel from the Chicago Syndicate world.
    AUDIO AVAILABLE? No

THE STORY:
    Brielle just started a new job as a Pastry Chef at Palermo’s restaurant unknowing that the restaurant is a cover for the Chicago Syndicate.

Michael is highly ranked within the syndicate, he is guarded and mysterious, hiding behind the grief and guilt of his recently murdered fiancé Rachel. He can’t stop stealing the new
    Karen Voitik
    Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing

>Book Review – The Man in Black
    >I am an independent reviewer. This book is the 9th in the Chicago Syndicate series and ends in an HEA. Brielle is a struggling pastry chef, just relocated from NY. Her parents are both gone and she has no siblings. She wears a BFF bracelet because her mother bought it for her and not because she really remembers her BFF when she was 12. She gets a too good to be true job at an upscale restaurant and runs in to the security manager, Michael. Michael is griev
    Dana  Hoffman
    Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    I cannot put into words how much I love this series!!! I love other Mafia related series as well, but I’m pretty sure this one is my favorite!! Ever!!!

I’ve been waiting for this book for what feels like forever. I was a little worried that I wouldn’t remember who the characters were, but it was really easy to put everything together. Besides, even though this is part of a series, and it’s really awesome if you already know the secondary characters, it can definitely be read as a stand-alone as
    Natalie The Biblioholic
    Not gonna lie, I was really looking forward to this book. I knew the loss that Michael had suffered, the guilt he was burdened with, the grief he was being weighed down by, and I wanted to see how he would come through it all. Once the boss of New York, he'd taken a lesser role for the Chicago Syndicate under his best friend Adriano while he took the time to get his ish together.

Brielle was a young woman from New York who seemed to be all alone in the world. After graduating from culinary schoo
    Hanan
    Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    I enjoyed every minute of this book and every word!
    Every time I read a Chicago Syndicate book I say this is the best one yet and I’m saying it again with
    The Man in Black!
    I loved Michael and absolutely adored Brielle.
    Michael’s had a bad experience that’s put him off of love and being in a committed relationship.
    Brielle is alone in the world and desires a closeness with someone she can love and be loved by.
    He’s dark,brooding and commanding. He’s a top level mafia boss.
    She’s feisty,sassy and persi
    Karin Gesell
    Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    Wow, I just keep falling more in love with Soraya Naomi’s Syndicate World. Now it’s Michaels turn, the “Man in Black”. He’s dark & moody, trying to deal with the loss (and guilt) of his fiancé. His world is dark, until he meets a bit a light in Palermo’s pastry chef Brielle. She’s young, innocent, sweet & feisty. Hard as he tries (and oh boy does he!), he can’t resist her. There’s love, danger, and so much going on. But you sit on the edge of your seat through each chapter, not wanting t ...more
    Jane
    Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    Yet another fantastic book from this series. I absolutely love the characters and Michael and Brielle do not disappoint. Michael is mourning the death of his fiance, who died in his arms, and blames himself. Brielle catches Michael's attention because of a bracelet she wears that he recognises. From then, they can't seem to stay away from each. Add in a spy, murders and the other syndicate characters and you have another amazing book from Soraya Naomi.
    Scarlet
    Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    Another number one top hit story from Ms. Naomi! This story brings a reader in a new different height of excitement. The main characters of this book and characters from the past books added great intensity. Extraordinary and love it!
    Jodi - Alpha Loving Erotic Book Beauty Blogger
    The Man In Black - Soraya Naomi

Steam level - off the charts!
    Alpha Male - definitely
    Strong characters - absolutely!
    Did I love it? Lo prometto ( i promise!)

Oh what a book!!! I Couldn't put it down for the life of me, I was captured from page 1! The characters Brielle and Michael were the perfect style of characters to read about. Brielle such an easy going 21 year old gets a job as a pastry chef working for a restaurant front for the Chicago Syndicate . She's not immature at all , but when a ma
    Courtney
    Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: arc
    Soraya Naomi has once again knocked my socks off with her infallible writing style and astounding characters.

The Man In Black is the tenth book in Soraya's Chicago Syndicate series, but it can easily be read as a standalone within in this series.  So for those of you who have not read any of her books yet (WHY NOT?!?), grab this one and see why I love this series so much.

The Man in Black is Michael's story.  He is reeling from the loss of his fiancé and never wants to go down that path again.
    Emma White
    Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    OMG these books just get better every time.
    It can be read as a stand alone but you would be well advised to read them all from the start,
    Mafia and Soroya go hand in hand. This series is truly are the best I have read ever.
    Michael is a dark brooding man with lots of baggage
    Brielle is a pastry chef that only has eyes for Michael love at first site.
    Bookbytch5 janet Gray
    Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    OMG Soraya what awesome story. Micheal was a great addition to the Chicago Syndicate Series they all just keep getting better whit every story, Micheal and Brielle's i couldn't put it down till the end, they had undeniable attraction from the moment they met each other plus i loved the banter between them. They had chemistry that was HOT as HELL, This story has everything from suspense, betrayal, jealousy. I Highly recommend this story, I suggest reading them all to get no each of the other main ...more
    BP34
    Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    This is part of the Chicago Syndicate World but can be read as a standalone. Wow, if you're looking for a fast-paced book that's full of action, this book is it. Likeable characters with lots of depth. A great book that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Well written and entertaining. I read a reader copy and voluntarily chose to write a review.
    Tammy
    Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    Finally we get to read Michael's story , and it couldn't of been more perfect. He has been grieving the loss of his fiance , Brielle is just the lady to help him thru it all. Where he is dark and mysterious, she is sunshine and friendly. These two couldn't be more perfect for each other , but holy what a journey they have to be together.
    « previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
    DUAL Paperback Giveaway 1 2 Aug 13, 2018 01:41AM
    $20 AMAZON GIFT CARD 1 1 Aug 13, 2018 01:40AM
    Signed Paperback Giveaway 1 1 Aug 11, 2018 08:09AM
    Bargain Basement: $10 AMAZON GIFT CARD 1 4 Aug 09, 2018 04:43PM
    Apart from indulging in chocolate pastries much too often, Soraya Naomi is also an avid reader. She has a passionate obsession with the written word and reads many genres but favors intense, seductive, and provocative novels where the male character loves fiercely, without remorse or boundaries. She adores Historical Romances, New Adult, Dark Romances, Romantic Suspense, and PNR. And she welcomes ...more
    More about Soraya Naomi

Chicago Syndicate (10 books)
    • For Cesare (Chicago Syndicate, #0.5)
    • For Fallon (Chicago Syndicate, #1)
    • For Luca (Chicago Syndicate, #2)
    • For Adriano (Chicago Syndicate, #3)
    • For Cam (Chicago Syndicate, #4)
    • For Logan (Chicago Syndicate, #5)
    • Black Hat Hacker (Chicago Syndicate, #6)
    • The Lawyer and the Tramp (Chicago Syndicate, #7)
    • For the Love of Luca (Chicago Syndicate, #8)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
      $3.99 $1.99
    • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
    • Better Off Without Him
      $3.99 $1.99
    • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
      $3.99 $1.99
    • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
      $6.99 $2.99
    • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
      $3.99 $1.99
    • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
      $7.99 $2.49
    • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
      $4.99 $2.49
    • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
    • Be My Reason
      $3.99 $1.99
    • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
      $7.99 $1.99
    • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
      $6.99 $2.99
    • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
      $5.99 $2.49
    • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
      $4.99 $2.49
    • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
      $6.99 $2.99
    • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
    • The End of Feeling
      $4.49 $1.99
    • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
      $3.99 $1.99
    • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
    • Finding Libbie: A Novel
      $3.99 $1.99
    • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
      $2.99 $1.49
    • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
      $3.99 $1.99
    • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    • Only You
      $4.99 $2.49
    • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
      $5.99 $2.49
    • A Girl's Best Friend
      $9.99 $1.99
    • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
    • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
      $2.99 $1.49
    • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
      $7.99 $3.49
    • Mistress of Magic
      $6.99 $1.99
    • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
    • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
      $4.99 $2.49
    • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
    • A Ruthless Proposition
      $4.99 $1.99
    • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
    • Hometown Girl
      $3.99 $1.99
    • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
      $6.99 $2.49
    • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
      $2.99 $1.49
    • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
    • The Forgiving Hour
      $2.99 $1.49
    • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
    • The Fixer Upper
      $9.99 $1.99
    • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
      $4.99 $2.49
    • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
      $3.99 $1.49
    • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
      $4.99 $2.49
    • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
      $4.99 $1.49
    • The Cafe by the Sea
    • That Month in Tuscany
      $6.99 $2.49
    • My Brother Michael
      $3.99 $1.99
    • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
      $3.99 $1.49
    • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
    • Just Friends
      $7.80 $2.99
    • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
    • Ghosted
    • Dodging Temptation
      $2.99 $0.99
    • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
      $3.99 $1.49
    • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
      $3.99 $1.49
    • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
      $3.99 $1.49
    • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
      $3.99 $1.49
    • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
      $3.99 $1.49
    • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
      $2.99 $0.99
    • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
    • Bittersweet
      $3.99 $1.99
    • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
    • Made for You
    • The Light In Summer
      $5.99 $1.99
    • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
      $7.99 $1.99
    • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
      $7.99 $2.99
    • The Journey Home
    • Heirs of Grace
      $3.99 $0.99
    • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
      $3.99 $1.99
    • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
      $3.99 $1.49
    • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
      $4.99 $1.49
    • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
    • Dear Aaron
    • Running Barefoot
      $5.95 $1.99
    • Wrecked
      $3.99 $0.99
    • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
    • The Other Side of the Story
      $10.99 $1.99
    • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
      $4.99 $1.99
    • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
      $8.99 $2.99
    • What If
      $3.99 $1.99
    • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
      $3.99 $1.99
    • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
      $4.99 $2.49
    • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
      $4.99 $0.99
    • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)