Start by marking “The Spies That Bind (Gallagher Girls, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Spies That Bind (Gallagher Girls, #0.5)

The Spies That Bind

(Gallagher Girls #0.5)

Listening Length: 2 hours and 55 minutes

An original novella and prequel to Ally Carter's New York Times best-selling Gallagher Girls series, exclusively on Audible.

The first day at a new school is tough for any kid, but it's especially scary when you're going to a school for spies. Cammie Morgan has spent her whole life dreaming of becoming a Gallagher Girl, but she has no
Audible Audio, 3 pages
Published June 25th 2018 by Audible Studios

To ask other readers questions about The Spies That Bind, please sign up.
Kristen From the author's website:
From the author's website:
"After the first year I will have the right to do an eBook–which I will likely do."(less)

Start your review of The Spies That Bind (Gallagher Girls, #0.5)
Ian
Well, this was just great fun!
A young adult adventure with secret passages and spy gadgets set at a girls school that trains spies.
Very much a book for young readers but still quite a hoot.
Jenny Baker
This was one of my free monthly Audible Original audiobooks. It’s my first experience with Ally Carter’s novels and it was cute, but I doubt I’ll continue the series.
Montzalee Wittmann
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Spies that Bind by Alley Carter and narrated by Rebecca Soler is a short prequel with hand picked 7th graders going to a special school to train to be spies! It's a girl's school and this story revolves around the first week. Lots of great characters, interesting world building, and girl bonding. I think I might follow this series, it is so clever and delightful at the same time.
Narration was excellent.
Mahlon
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2019
I’m not sure whether I will continue with the series after reading this Audible original, it maybe too YA for me but if you like spy stories or stories about female empowerment you may enjoy this series. The characters are really well written, it was a fun way to kick off my 2019 reading Challenge
Kim Van Duijn
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I picked this as one of my free audible originals. I had never seen the author or knew of the series. I just picked it because of the synopsis and i had so much fun !! I really liked this naroraters voice. Don't expect anything fancy, its just a story about a 12 year old girl and her first week in spy school. I enjoyed it so much that i probably will pick up the next book when i feel that i need a pick me up !
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
Super quick read from Audible. I haven't read this series (yet?) but may start it now.
Sage Elizabeth
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
this just made me happy, which i needed.
Alaina
I'm not one hundred percent positive.. but I doubt I've even read a book from this series. If I have, I apologize because I don't remember a thing. Oops? Maybe I need to dive into this series because this novella was short, sweet, and kind of got me hooked.

In The Spies That Bind you will meet Cammie Morgan. It's about her going to school and how it may or may not have been what she was dreaming about. Cammie was adorable. I loved how she was so excited and scared about this school. Then there's
Lauren R.
This was a cute romp back into the Gallagher Academy! It's a prequel to the GG series and introduces how the girls come to meet in their first week at school. It gave me some good nostalgic feels for this series, which is one way of saying how young it feels compared to how old I currently am! haha. If you read the series and are curious about this, give it a go!
Melissa
This is a short story about the very start of the Gallagher girls, I loved this whole series and this was a fun book to start it out. I think this took a little long in coming. I read this series years and years ago and I think I would have been more invested had this came out years ago. I was a little worried this was going no where but pulled out a fun ending with a purpose.
Listened to it on Audible and it was great.
Vicki
I absolutely loved this prequel to the Gallagher Girls series. I had read book one in 2014 and to be honest I didn't care for it. I only gave it 2 stars. So I wasn't real happy when I got this and then realized it was part of a series that I only had read book 1. But this audiobook was absolutely so fun to listen to and it brought Cammie Morgan's character to life. The reader is who truly made this read so fun, and I'm going to give the series another try now.

The story opens with an introductio
Andy
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
Read this just for the heck of it!

This was a short story about Cammy's first day at Gallagher Academy and how she bonded with her roommates Bex and Liz throughout their orientation. This book definitely gave me the nostalgic feels. I loved Gallagher Girls when I read the original series. I loved seeing the "origin story" of Cammie's nickname too.

All in all, this was a cute, short and entertaining read that is tempting me to read the rest of the series again!
B.A. Wilson
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
An adorable prequel novella to the Gallagher Girl series. I listened to the audible original, which was good.

Pages: 156
Aly
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, audiobook
This was a cute short story. I haven't read the rest of the series, but this makes me want to! I love the girl power and an all girls secret spy school is awesome. The girls were cute as little seventh graders and I liked seeing their friendship form.
Rissa
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Oh my gosh this was adorable and brought back nostalgic feelings of my childhood. If you liked this series this is a must!
Moose
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobooks
I listened to this via audible, and I would rate that version one star based on the voice acting.

I know this is a book for a younger audience, but a lot of books are, and they're not all this bad. I recall a chapter where they mentioned bombs and wall climbing. And they continued to throw those things back at me like I shouldn't believe them. This is a book about spies. Even most children who read this will know about spies and the things involved in their line of work, so to try to force how in
Andie
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a free Audible book and is YA Harry Potter fan fiction about young girls at a school for spies and appears to set up the beginning of a series. Nothing fancy here, but middle school girls should like the adventure of learning to be spies, as well as recognize the obligatory mean girl characters who appear in the plot. This seems to be an empowering series of stories for young girls.
Maggie
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1-owned, 2019, audiobook
Short but wonderful listen - I hope this leads to more GG novellas/stories in the future! I miss these characters dearly.
Angelica
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: finished-2019
Read the audiobook and the narrator was irritating as hell. Ugh.
Bianca
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So happy I managed to get access to this one! Really cute intro to this series that I love so much!
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
A tad bit ridiculous in terms of writing, but entertaining nonetheless.
Kim Marques
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
As a free audible original recording, I decided to try this out with my 5yo daughter. We listened in the car on a couple longer trips and while she wasn't able to follow every detail she still stopped me at one point and said "Mommy, I don't just like this book I LOVE it!!". So, mission accomplished!
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(6/10/2020)
Damn Tina really was a bitchy 12 year old. Never have I ever wanted to drop kick a child until now.

(1/27/2019)
Honestly, this was so adorable and I just wished it was an actual written novella so that I could actually read it. In the Spies that Bind we follow a twelve year old Cammie Morgan as she's about to start her first year at the Gallagher Academy. It was interesting seeing the Academy the way that Cammie saw it for the first time and seeing just how Cammie ended up being th
Don
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
My eight-year-old enjoyed the story very much; he thought it was funny and that the voices were well done by the narrator.
Jordan (The Heart of a Book Blogger)
This review and more can be found at The Heart of a Book Blogger.

The Spies That Bind is the perfect prequel to the Gallagher Girls series. I loved heading back to Gallagher Academy and hearing how Cammie, Bex, and Liz met for the first time and how they figured out their place at the school. Ally Carter did a great job of capturing Cammie's young seventh grade voice in a way that still felt like the Gallagher Girl we all know and love. Pros and cons lists were included and everything! Plus, we f
Marie Davies
Cute audiobook about the humble beginnings of Cam, Bex and Liz at the GG academy.

Miss Zach though. Would love a spin off series with him at Blackthorne!
Cmoore
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful novella, and prequel to what looks to be a dynamite middle reader series, and one I want to read more of!
This book covers the first week of class for 7th graders, just arriving at a charming, all girl school, to learn the art of being a Gallagher Girl... and of course, Gallagher Girls are spys. It's an old school, which opened just after the Civil War, and it's deeply steeped in secrets and tradition. Cammie Morgan has her work cut out for her if she wants to follow in her mo
Charlsa
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an Audible original that I selected as one of of two free Audible Originals with my monthly subscription. So glad I chose this one because it was a cute story that is a prequel to a series I never would have found on my own. This prequel fills in the history of how Cammie ends up at the school. I've added this series of 6 YA novels to my 2020 non-numerical reading goals to read a YA series.

From the description of the 1st book in the series, I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to K
Kamy
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A light novella firmly in the category of young adult....maybe the very young adult. The language and sentence structure vividly portrays a group of 12 yo girls. I found myself, sometimes unwilling, laughing uproariously but most importantly relating to the trials and tribulations of these young. I may not read the rest of the Gallagher girl series but I will have to read another book by Ally Carter.
Barb Dixon Palmieri
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've seen Ally Carter's books before but never stopped to look through them. I picked this audiobook up from audible and quite enjoyed it.

This is the Gallagher Girls prequel. We find Cammie entering the Gallagher Academy on her way to becoming a spy. She, along with Liz and Bex learn that the first week of 7th grade is the toughest.

The girls are entering 7th grade but I recommend this for 3rd graders and up. I'm going to now see about reading the series.

• Zero G (The Zero Chronicles #1)
  • Wishes and Wellingtons
  • Sovereign
  • A Mind of Her Own
  • Lucky Suit (Sexy Suits, #1)
  • Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers
  • Atomic Marriage
  • Dodge & Twist: A Sequel To Oliver Twist
  • The Mystery of Alice
  • Killer by Nature
  • Jukebox Joyride
  • Interview with the Robot
  • Christmas Eve, 1914
  • Even Tree Nymphs Get the Blues (Mystic Bayou, #2.5)
  • Viva Durant and The Secret of the Silver Buttons
  • Black Crow, White Snow
  • The Demon Next Door
Ally Carter writes books about spies, thieves, and teenagers. She is the New York Times Best-selling author of the Gallagher Girls, Heist Society, and Embassy Row series. Her books have been published all over the world, in over twenty languages.

She encourages you to visit her online at allycarter.com and embassyrowbooks.com.

Gallagher Girls (6 books)
  • I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1)
  • Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)
  • Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover (Gallagher Girls, #3)
  • Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls, #4)
  • Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)
  • United We Spy (Gallagher Girls, #6)