Start by marking “My Journey: Living With Metastatic Breast Cancer.” as Want to Read:
My Journey: Living With Metastatic Breast Cancer.

My Journey: Living With Metastatic Breast Cancer.

2017 was one of the hardest times of my life. It was the year I was diagnosed with Metastatic Breast Cancer.
In this book I lay everything bare and tell you what it is really like living with cancer.
Published February 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about My Journey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Journey

Start your review of My Journey: Living With Metastatic Breast Cancer.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an emotional heartfelt story of the authors journey after she was diagnosed with Metastatic Breast Cancer. She tells us of how her fantastic family was such a great support to her.
I admire how strong she is and I’m so proud that she was able to put into words how she got through this year 💕
Paula Acton
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I met Lavinia last year at Darker, by that point she was already fighting cancer. She was talking about it a little on social media, however, the things she relates in this book are in many cases far more personal yet show the amazing sense of humour and courage which has endeared her to so many people. When you get any serious illness there are so many little things that only other people who have suffered it can tell you, sometimes you are scared to ask in case it is just you or people will lo ...more
Yvonne Davies
I finished this book 2 days ago and I am still thinking about it whilst I am writing this review. Lavinia Urban is a fantasy writer who has attended the last 2 Darker events. When she appeared in 2017 she was still going through treatment and whilst I knew she had Cancer, this is her story from day one and what she has been through.
As I was reading this, I was reminded how strong a woman Lavinia is and what a great family she has surrounding her. Going in to detail you realise just how harsh the
Stacey
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There's not really a lot that can be said in detail about this. It's basically Lavinia's diary of her cancer jourj honest, raw, but she kept her humour in there too. Lavinia shares a visual journey too with some photos to show the true face of cancer. I think unless we face it ourselves then we'll never know how it really feels, but this gives a real insight into it.
Lou
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a published journal/diary.

Lavinia has shared her journey so far after being diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer.
I read this book in a day and I was thoroughly in awe of this lady! She has chosen to share so much of her personal journey.

This is a raw, emotional and heartbreaking insight into her life with this disease. Her family are incredibly supportive. Lavinia was such a strong woman, she was so supportive of her family and them of her.

She was supportive and encouraging to blo
Suzie
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Everything about the authors journey is laid bare in this book and it can't have been easy to write. I'm so proud of the author for her positivity throughout.
Laura Price
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
A compelling read of daily life with metastatic cancer. The many ups and downs that came with it in a no holds barred style that was truly Lavinia's personality. I was brought to tears many times in the short space of the covers of this work. I put off reading it as it was a raw spot in my heart. All those in the book community who knew her loved her and miss her daily.
Natalie Bleau
Jan 21, 2020
Melanie Grindrod
Jan 08, 2020
angela fiveash
rated it did not like it
May 25, 2019
Aug 28, 2019
Ron Henager
is currently reading it
Feb 01, 2020

• A Dirty Wedding Night (Dirty, #2.5)
  • Dirty Like Brody (Dirty, #2)
  • The Swedish Prince (Royal Romance #1)
  • The Stake
  • Morgan (Guarded Hearts, #1)
  • The World of Winnie-the-Pooh (Winnie-the-Pooh, #1-2)
  • Beyond the Shadow of Night
  • The Hearts of Men
  • Amnesty (Amnesia, #2)
  • Hitler, My Neighbor: Memories of a Jewish Childhood, 1929-1939
  • Like Dandelion Dust
  • Consolation (Salvation, #3; The Consolation Duet, #1)
  • Dirty Like Me (Dirty, #1)
  • Long Road Home
  • Filomena (Skins #2.5)
  • Seven Weeks to Forever
  • Persons Unknown (DS Manon, #2)
  • The Watchmaker's Daughter (Glass and Steele, #1)
Lavinia originally grew up in Cheshire and now lives in a small village just outside of Edinburgh with her husband, two children and two fur babies.
Writing has always been something that Lavinia has loved since an early age.
Over the years Lavinia has faced many obstacles but this has only spurred her on. In 2017 Lavinia was diagnosed with Metastatic Breast Cancer. She has chosen to not let this d

News & Interviews