Start by marking “The Rose (The Godwicks, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Rose (The Godwicks, #2)

The Rose

(The Godwicks #2)

Author Tiffany Reisz returns to the world of The Red with an imaginative sequel full of lust and magic, and the dangers unleashed when the two are combined…

On the day of Lia’s university graduation party, her parents—wealthy art collectors with friends in high places—gift her a beautiful wine cup, a rare artifact decorated with roses. It’s a stunning gift, and one that Au
Published April 16th 2019 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about The Rose, please sign up.
Kelso Not really or at least it’s not mandatory in my opinion. But Lia’s mothers life is actually a really good story and it’s nice to understand WHO helped…moreNot really or at least it’s not mandatory in my opinion. But Lia’s mothers life is actually a really good story and it’s nice to understand WHO helped her to be with Lia’s dad. Plus it has artwork in the story not so much involving mythologies but it includes masterpieces from various artists. Hope that helps you!(less)

Start your review of The Rose (The Godwicks, #2)
There is a tiny handful of authors I trust with the erotica I read and Tiffany Reisz is at the top of that list. She gives equal dedication to all components within her novels which allows every character, every plot and subplot, every witty line and underlying theme, and yes, every delicious sexual encounter to be worthy of the readers entire investment. She has many popular works in her bibliography, but her name became even more well-known when 2017's The Red hit the masses. With such an addi ...more
Navessa
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc, myths, romance, erotica

Real talk: there’s nothing I love more than brainy erotica.

Because, at heart, I am a romance reader. Sure, I dabble in fantasy and history and contemporary literature, but if there isn’t at least a hint of a romantic subplot, you bet your ass I’ll probably knock a half star off the rating. Sure, I’ll chalk it up to some other “reason”, but that’s bullshit.

Don’t judge me.

The problem with my overwhelming love of romance is that I demand a lot from it. I’ve read so much of the genre that my pet pee
Felicia
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
_________________________________

Jeeeeez looooeeeeze I never thought I could enjoy a book about Greek mythology but I should have know that Tiffany Reisz could bring me there.

The Rose is the second book in The Red series but can certainly stand on it's own.

Two decades after The Red, The Rose picks up with the daughter of Mona from book one, Ophelia (Lia).

Where in The Red each chapter took us on a fantastical journey through the world of art and infamous paintings, similarly The Rose takes us on
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Rose is a go forward from The Red. That had Paintings that came alive and this has Greek mythology which literally makes Liv "come alive". Full of sass and attitude, she headbutts with swoonworthy August Bowman on her birthday over her father's gift to her. They are fighting over a Kylix- A rose decorated antique Cup of sorts.

description

He matches Liv in confidence and passion, His claims aren't exaggerated by any standards.
“Lia, I could make you come so hard that your body floats three feet off
Nazanin
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mythology, netgalley, 2019
3.5 Stars

Lia is twenty-one-year-old and is the madam of an illegal escort agency. She has wealthy, powerful parents and loves Greek mythology. August is in his thirties and has been buying up ancient artifacts. He also is a sacred prostitute. They both have so many in common. They meet at Lia’s graduation party. At that party, Lia’s father gives her a gift, a very dangerous gift…

Well, I’m not really into mythology but I liked the first book in the series, I liked the author’s writing and I liked
warhawke
Genre: Erotic Fantasy
Type: Standalone Book 2 of The Red series
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Lady Ophelia (Lia) Godwick lived and breathed Greek mythology. For her graduation party, her beloved father bought her a special ancient wine cup. Unbeknownst to her, Augustine (August) Bowman, an antique collector set his eyes on the same prize. What she thought was an ordinary cup turned into an erotic adventure she would never forget.

“I’m dying to hear what you dream about in that deep dark little cor
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
🌹🌹🌹🌹 4.5 🌹🌹🌹🌹

As it turns out, this book didn't involve any of my-IMO-erudite hypotheses...

Not this kinda rose... though it was involved. Somewhat.

Not this kind...

Maybe this... negative

This? #nope

Turns out it's a little bit Greek mythology, a little bit contemporary romance and a whole lot erotic.

Crazy, stupid erotic. Ever hear that saying, "beware of Greeks bearing gifts"?

I say, fuck that noise. Bring on the gifts, Greeks!

Any possibility of super-sizing the gift?

Asking for a friend.

But seriousl
CC

Lady Ophelia “Lia” Godwick, a lover of Greek mythology, receives an ancient kylix wine cup as a gift for her college graduation. Thrilled by the beauty of the artifact, Lia soon learns the myths surrounding it and becomes entranced by the fantasy offered by the enigmatic Augustine “August” Bowman.

“There is no shame in wanting to live inside your favorite stories.”

From the beginning, the narrative is like story time when listeners gather in a circle to hear a grand tale, and this particular
Lo Bookfrantic
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review-ng, f-br

4★★★★Stars

Genre:  Erotic Fantasy
Type:  Standalone Book 2 of The Red series
POV:  Third Person

We are most ourselves in our fantasies,'..There is no shame in wanting to live inside your favorite stories.

the rose TR

Lady Ophelia (Lia) Godwick was a daddy's girl; her father spoiled her so much that when he made a graduation party for her he gave her an ancient cup.  Her love for Greek mythology was her life a
Saint Monique
ALL THE 'MYTHOLOGICALLY MAGNIFICENT AND MOST DELIGHTFULLLY EROTIC' STARS

From death, new life. It’s fitting that the new flower was named after Eros, the son of Aphrodite and Ares. The goddess of love and the god of war. Beautiful petals. Vicious thorns. That was Eros. Beautiful and lovely. And very, very dangerous.

My alternative name rating was 'Gods do it better' but I wanted something posher because, well, this book deserves posh. Seriously, oh my gods and goddesses! Be still my he
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Wow! What a crazy fantasy ride. 4.5 stars
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have to say I am surprised at myself. For a genre I rarely read, this one surprised the hell out of me.

Maybe it was the author who took a chance outside of her normal writing style. Maybe it was the entire fact that the story was so different and intriguing. Maybe it was because it was sexy as hell.

Whatever it was, I became enthralled with Greek mythology and the beautiful blend between today and another age - real or not.

The chara
Sammy Loves Books
Tiffany Reisz is really good at Erotic Fantasy!!

This is the second book of The Red series and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I really need more of this series.

I loved the Greek gods and mythology aspects and really couldn't get enough!

Helga
Dec 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, romance
It is Lia’s university graduation party and because of her interest and love for Greek mythology, she receives the Rose kylix as a gift from her father. This kylix which was a drinking vessel used in ancient Greece, is rumored to have been used in the temple ceremonies of Eros and has powers beyond imagination.
One of the guests at the party, August Bowman who is a wealthy Greek art collector, would pay any price to have the kylix. But would Lia part with it? To what lengths would August go to h
Carlene Inspired
Lady Ophelia "Lia" Godwick has lived a privileged life. Her parents, still fiercely in love twenty-one years in, are art collectors and give their children all they can. Lia, desperate to be independent, has found her own way to make money, however her methods are quite illegal. Her father gifts her a beautiful kylix for her graduation gift, catching the attention of the handsome August Bowman, and also bringing back into her life a man she'd love nothing more than to never see again. August, wi ...more
Myla
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Lia met August Bowman at her graduation party given by her parents. It wasn't loved at first sight, as a matter of fact, Lia tries to avoid August, for she knew he's trouble. But he's just persistent and charming his way to Lia to talk to him. The banter between these two is quite entertaining to read. And so when Lia's father gave his gift to her the cup known as the Rose Kylix. August warned Lia about it that...

"If you drink from this cup you will have extraordinarily heightened sexual experie
Angela

I’m so, so glad that Navessa talked up this book so much! I’ve avoided erotica, and all but my favorite authors’ romance books, for the better part of a year. I live for romance in my stories, but all the manufactured drama added to the fact that sex scenes are mostly boring to me now has kept me well away.

But this. The Rose. Man. I would have been missing out if I had not picked this up. I haven’t picked up anything by Tiffany Reisz before because, from what I’ve understood, most of her books d
Danny Tyran
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
** spoiler alert ** I admire authors who know how to renew their style, who do not stay stuck in their old niches and who dare to try something that few or no one has dared before. Miss Reisz did it with The Red and continued with The Rose. In my opinion, The Red was less successful than The Rose.

The author could have contented herself with writing a collection of erotic short stories on the themes of Greek mythology. But she managed to find a way to create what could be called a Ariadne's threa
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
So good! I liked this one better than The Red. I deeply enjoyed how the Greek Mythology was used. It was so fun and sexy! Really liked this book.

I want to read more romance/erotic books with Greek Mythology in them. Any suggestions?
G.
May 06, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The Red was sneaky, filthy and smart erotica. It knew what it was and what it wasn't, and it was delightfully playful about it. It's a high bar. Sadly, The Rose does not live up it. It's like The Red's boring teenage child that's in the midst of an identity crisis. I wish the two books were unconnected. Alas. There is also a high possibility of a third one. I have mixed feelings about it. I'll probably read it, though, and hope for the best.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

THE ROSE is book two in the Red series. Previously, I had no idea that Tiffany Reisz had intentions to create a series with this book, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that there were more books set in this world.

The thing about THE RED is that I felt it had a VERY different feel to this book. I almost had to do a double take to make sure that these two were from the same series because although there are obvious similarities, the tone of each story feels very different.

THE RED seemed m
Dee
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
After bingeing on the Original Sinners Series, I was under no illusion that this book would be an erotica romance, complete with all kinds of kinky delights.

With that said, unlike the Original Sinners Series, there's little romance to speak of. The story is extremely erotic and some of the kinks might make certain readers uncomfortable.

While I enjoyed the story enough, I like Tiffany's writing, I feel I would've got more out of it if I was up to speed with mythology. Some of the retellings were
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
Stopped about 30% in and I gave it 2 stars cause the cover is gorgeous and the sex was hot (at least from what I did read) but I couldn’t get into this story. Perhaps I’ll try again soon...
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it

4.5 Mythical Stars

“I’m going to make you fall in love with me. I don’t know how, but I am.”

When we pick up a Tiffany Reisz book, we know we’re in for intelligent addictive prose, a unique story, a bit of kink, passion, emotion and some tongue in cheek humour. We also know it’s going to be a story that will leave us fulfilled and in awe of her brilliant storytelling, and with The Rose we were once again proven right. What a story! The exhaustive research that must have gone into this book is
JadeC
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5++ stars! i think this is probably one of the best books I had ever read!
erotic ancient greek mythological themed?? hell yes! i had a thing for ancient greek mythology and i chose that as my elective so i can write mountains worth of essays lol so yep, I loved the idea of how this author included the stories of different gods and goddesses with a little twist here and there (especially with the series of sexual fantasies. too hot!)
highly recommended to anyone that enjoys such mythical reads.
Danny Tyran
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"You will hear colors and smell sounds."

I can't even tell you what this story is about, but I loved it. Tiffany Reisz is a favorite author and I will follow her wherever she leads, even outside the genres I usually read. Why not a little mythology and magic, right? Especially when love and lust are involved.

I found this story to be very intriguing and I was wishing that I'd paid more attention to mythology and memorized some Greek god facts. It's not necessary to enjoy this story, but I prob
Dana aka ♥Belladonna♥
Told in the third person, single point of view, Tiffany Reisz puts a steamy literary erotica spin on Greek mythology.

Gifted with an ancient Kylix wine cup by her father for her graduation, Lia is approached by a friend of her parents, August Bowman, warning her of the cup's powers. As an antique collector, he offers to buy it; Lia, however, is enamored of Greek mythology and finds it too interesting to sell. Besides, it's a gift from her father. But when a secret she is trying to keep hidden is
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

Complete post at: http://beautyandthebeastlybooks.com/b...

“ ‘Falling in love is brave and dangerous,’ August said. ‘Like climbing a mountain or going to war. Foolish, too, just like climbing a mountain or going to war. You shouldn’t hate yourself for doing someting brave and dangerous.’ ”

Oh my! Cupid’s arrow has nothing on Tiffany Reisz when she decides to write a story we’ll fall in love
with.

As you know, I don’t like to read synopsis before re
Laura • lauralovestoread
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, 2019
I was a fan of Tiffany Reisz years ago, but reading The Rose affirms my love for her writing once again!

I love a good romance story with a side of steaminess and this novel gave me everything I was looking for. The storyline of the mysterious wine cup artifact drew me in and once I met the characters I was hooked!

August and Lia take part in an erotic and passionate journey that leaves them breathless for more. I loved that this novel wasn’t all erotic sex, but there was a plot and romance too.
Dirty Dayna
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Greek Tragedy Stars
The rose is book 2 in the Red series. Our main character is Ophelia or commonly called Lia and she is the daughter of our dirty Mona Lisa from book 1. This story weaves filth and Greek mythology together is a very sexy and interesting cloth.
description
Lia is given a magic goblet that fulfills her wildest fantasies that involve Greek mythology. The male character is August who I easily fell in love with. This story helped you fall back into love with the Greek greats. The fair maide

• A Lesson in Thorns (Thornchapel, #1)
  • Feast of Sparks (Thornchapel, #2)
  • Harvest of Sighs (Thornchapel, #3)
  • Desperate Measures (Wicked Villains, #1)
  • Learn My Lesson (Wicked Villains, #2)
  • Your Dad Will Do (A Touch of Taboo #1)
  • Disarm (The Dumonts, #2)
  • The Beast (Wicked Villains, #4)
  • Make Me Yours (Make Me, #3)
  • Gifting Me To His Best Friend (A Touch of Taboo #2)
  • The Initiation (Filthy Rich Americans #1)
  • A Worthy Opponent (Wicked Villains, #3)
  • I Want You Back (Want You, #1)
  • Sea of Ruin
  • For His Pleasure (Forbidden Lovers, #3)
  • Pretty Scars
  • Naughty Stranger (Dangerous Love, #1)
  • Sweet Fate (Dirty Sweet Duet, #2)
Tiffany Reisz is the USA Today-bestselling author of the Romance Writers of America RITA®-winning Original Sinners series from Harlequin's Mira Books.

Born in Owensboro, Kentucky, Tiffany graduated from Centre College with a B.A. in English. She began her writing career while a student at Wilmore, Kentucky's Asbury Theological Seminary. After leaving seminary to focus on her fiction, she wrote The

The Godwicks (3 books)
  • The Red (The Godwicks, #1)
  • The Pearl (The Godwicks, #3)

Articles featuring this book

Want to get swept off your feet this year? We've got you covered, whether you're into sweet rom-coms in the city or sultry...