Start by marking “Heart of a SEAL (Hearts of Valor, #1)” as Want to Read:
Heart of a SEAL (Hearts of Valor, #1)

Heart of a SEAL

(Hearts of Valor #1)

They're brothers in arms, Navy SEALS risking their lives for their country . . . and the women they love. This is Luke Harding's story.

Published April 10th 2018 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Heart of a SEAL, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of a SEAL

Anima
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first Brown book and I will be back for more. At first I thought I missed something because we start off with our hero returning from
six months in a terrorist prison. He had a short relationship with Sally before he left and wants to rekindle it. The action starts quite quickly and doesn't stop, she has a past and it's troubling her current situation. Her daughter is very mature for nine and will often steal the scene from them. This series has great things to come. I received my copy throug
Linda
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG. What a roller coaster of a book. From start to finish there were twists and turns, and “Dammit, Dixie” came out of my mouth more than a few times.

Luke and Sally were great with and for each other. Sally and her daughter Jen, had been Luke’s only hope in the darkest of times, and when they finally get together, I just couldn’t help but be so happy for them.

It was also great meeting some of Luke’s team members. I’m hoping they get their own stories.

I honestly think this is the best book th
Bec
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it

Luke Harding survived six months of torture at the hands of very dangerous men all because of Sally and her daughter. Returning home was hard, but now Luke is determined to go after what he wants and that's a future with Sally. However, when Luke discovers Sally is in trouble, he'll do anything to keep her safe. Will Luke be able to protect Sally and her daughter or will he lose his chance at happy ever after with the woman he loves?

This action-packed, fast-paced, plot-twisting story was very en
Di
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first read by this author and it won’t be my last as I was captivated from the get go. A story of a SEAL man, Luke, who was a POW for months and the reason he stayed alive was because of Sally and her duaghter Jen. He kept her picture while being in prison, giving him hope and a reason to return until fate steps in. Sally has tried to move on after Luke dismisses her when he returns wounded, hurting her and her daughter in the process, then he shows up one night light a knight in shin ...more
Yvonne Cruz
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The title of this book drew me to it, and since it was by an author I was not familiar with, I decided to give it a try.
I am so glad I did!!
Former Navy SEAL Luke Harding and single Mom, Sally , met a few weeks before deployment. Neither foreseeing the horror Luke would endure as a POW in Afghanistan. When he returns to a hospital in the USA almost dead, he refuses to see Sally. Devastated, she left thinking she would never see him.
They meet again when Luke goes to check on her , and ends up res
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve only read one book by Dixie previously (Rescued by the Ranger) which I enjoyed, so when I saw Heart pop up on Netgalley I requested it immediately. Unfortunately this ended up being kind of a mixed bag for me. I’ll start off with what I loved-Luke, of course! The book starts off with him in captivity in a POW camp in Afghanistan. The only thing he has to keep him anchored to his former life is a picture of Sally and remembering the times he spent with her and her daughter. I don’t feel like ...more
Teresa
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
** I received a copy of Heart of a SEAL from Net Galley in exchange for a voluntary and honest review**

Heart of a SEAL by Dixie Lee Brown is the first book of the Hearts of Valor series. If Mack and Coop's book are as good as Luke's then you'll be in for a wild ride through the series. This is Luke and Sally's story and worth all 4.8 stars trust me on this.

Luke Harding survived a helicopter crash that took the lives of his three teammates and landed him and his teammate Ian into a POW camp run b
I am Jules
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
Always a sucker for wounded worriers, I have to say I really liked this book.

The story starts with Luke coming home from battle, barely surviving with his life. He is traumatized from survivor’s guilt after losing his friends and alienates the only women he has ever cared about in the process. Even though memories of Sally and her daughter are the only reason he survived being a prisoner of war, he refuses to see her. Broken hearted, she leaves him at the hospital to try and forget.

Taking time
Avid Reader
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heart of a SEAL (Hearts of Valor #1) by Dixie Lee Brown
4 stars
M/F Romance thriller
Triggers: torture, PTSD, stalking, murder
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Luke Harding is a survivor. After being a POW for several months, he's back state side and trying to get through the nightmares. Just before he was deployed, he met the woman of his dreams. Sally and her sweet daughter Jen are what got him through the most difficult time in his life. A photograph is what held him tog
Daphne Cochran
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WONDERFUL!!!!

Great book. This story was such a treat to read. Lots of wonderful rich characters, a balls to the wall adventure for the reader. Loved it. Can't wait to read Matt's story.
Pauline Frost
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantastic-read
A well written perfectly paced story pulling you in from the start. The author knocked this story out of the park. My interest was piqued on the first page and the flow of the story stayed on point. Loved the twist and highly recommend this one.
Fred
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a story of how love can overcome hurt

I really liked this book and the story,and the way you wove it into a hart lifting story of how love can over come a hurtful memories to win its way back to happy endings.amen.thanks for a good read
Miriam Wolfe
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

Wow, this is an action packed book starting with Luke being held hostage when some of his seal team was taken prisoner until the very end after numerous attempts on their lives. It is always fun for me to read a romance with some action and intrigue thrown in to the mix.

Sally was such a fun character and great mother. I think she kind of had to quickly get over her hurt from Luke's rejection when they started running for their lives. Otherwise, I wo
Negar Arvanaghi
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
He sounds like a really nice, upstanding man. Sally and her daughter are lucky.

Rot in hell, Ahmed. Although, that was kind of an exciting scene.

Is his dad crazy? Who tells their kids something like that?

Her dad is that evil? Crap, was her mother sane at least?

Luke would be a good dad.

Huh. I did not see that coming.

They are so cute together.

Yeah, I thought Jen's conception might have gone something like that.

Jen probably shouldn't have seen the punch, but maybe it was good to see her sperm d
 Reading In Pajamas
Review: HEART OF A SEAL (Hearts of Valor Book 1) by Dixie Lee Brown https://wp.me/p3d0RZ-aXM
Publication Date: April 10, 2018
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated 5 Stars

I had so much fun reading this novel. The heart-pounding action and suspense kept me on the edge of my seat. The sizzling romance between Luke and Sally ratcheted it up another notch. A few aspects seemed a bit improbable, but it made for an exciting read. Luke and Sally were both likeable, as was
Jennifer Stidham
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! A Must Read!

Get ready to get lost in this SEAL filled, page turning, action-packed, plot twisting, suspenseful, romantic adventure that you will enjoy from beginning to end!

Dixie Lee Brown has done it again! I couldn't put it down once I started reading it!
E-Reader Addict
May 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
I find myself with opinions all over the place for Heart of a SEAL.

Usually, books with the word SEAL in them will have me pass it by - not because it’s about a Navy SEAL (I actually read way too many books with them as the hero), but because it’s just such an uncreative way to name a book. I put “SEAL” into the search box for Goodreads and it returned 7443 results. Now, that did include some books that are actually about seals - the animal - but like...two in the first five pages of results. B
Ayekah
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Eh, this book started out well enough, with Luke overseas and then coming home and not wanting to see Sally, which we get in backstory and how he comes to see her finally when he feels like he's ready. The man went through hell. A photo of Sally and her daughter were the only things that kept Luke going during his days as a POW. When Luke comes back to see Sally that's when the story kind of dipped for me and continued sliding down that slow slippery slide from there. The plot was overdone, ther ...more
Chele
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Edge of your seat Action. Luke and Sally make quite the team. Jen , Sally's daughter is a great kid. There are a few characters that need to be erased they are evil. Luke's fellow SEALS are an interesting bunch. Looking forward to more in this series.
5. Stars
I recommend this book to all.
Michele
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by Dixie Lee Brown that I have read and I plan to read more after reading this book.
Luke Harding survives a helicopter crash and six months being held captive in a POW camp. He endures terrible things and attributes his survival to a photo of Sally and her daughter Jen. Luke met Sally right before he deployed but they both bonded instantly. When he is rescued and in a hospital recovering, Sally comes to visit him and he refuses to see her.
Sally Duncan has many secrets and
Books and Spoons
When I read Rescued By Ranger, a previous, standalone book by the author, I was intrigued by Garrett's brother, Luke. And Luke and his heart-wrenching story do not disappoint.
The story is intense with the danger and threats coming from several different, unexpected sources. It is touching and heartbreaking, the depth of the emotions taking my breath away.
The despair and pain Luke faced as a prisoner of the war, the threats, danger, and attacks Sally had lived with most of her life, the feeling
WycEd Reader
Check out our Heart of a SEAL post on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Avid Reader – ☆☆☆☆
M/F Romance thriller
Triggers: torture, PTSD, stalking, murder

Luke Harding is a survivor. After being a POW for several months, he's back state side and trying to get through the nightmares. Just before he was deployed, he met the woman of his dreams. Sally and her sweet daughter, Jen, are what got him through the most difficult time in his life. A photograph is what held him together.
Mary
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

**Trigger warning** torture, domestic violence

There was a lot going on in this book and a times the book felt rushed.

Luke's time as a POW caused more than just physical injuries, the dreams he has brings it all back. He knows that when came home, he pushed a lot of people of away when he really should have drawn them close.

Sally was hurt by Luke's refusal to see her. She understood that he did it because he was hurting, bo
Amber Bangsund
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Title: Heart of a Seal

By: Dixie Lee Brown

Genre: Romantic Suspense

Blurb: They’re brothers in arms, Navy SEALS risking their lives for their country . . . and the women they love.

This is Luke Harding’s story.

Six months in a desert hellhole taught Navy SEAL Luke Harding things he never wanted to learn about life and death. Only tender memories of the beautiful brunette he met a few weeks before his deployment helped get him through the torturous days and nights. Back in the States after a perilous
Laurie
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is one of the best romantic suspense books I have read this year! The main characters were well-developed, exceptionally likable, compassionate, yet still flawed enough to be believable. I loved the chemistry that just seemed to spark between Luke and Sally’s daughter.

The story flowed with almost non-stop action. Luke’s backstory just about broke my heart yet made me cheer his indomitable spirit. Sally also escaped a cruel past that has left emotional scars but she refuses to be broke
Lilly Charysma
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intense and unpredictable – these are just two of the characteristics of this book. Again, I found something to enjoy at every page turn, something to keep looking forward to reading and in the end to feel sorry it’s gone.

Both these characters have a tumultuous past and present. Both have their own demons, inside and out but the most important thing is that somehow, they manage to have each other. While Luke is determined not to give up on Sally this time and is willing to do whatever it takes t
Terri S. Sanchez
Keep'em Coming Dixie!

Story takes off like a rocket and sustains that same energy throughout the book. Great attention to detail with one exception...anyone in hiding needs to THROW AWAY THEIR CELL PHONE (easy to track) and get burned phone. Swoon-worthy love story and dealt sensitively with the presence of a child from another relationship. Looking forward to reading more from this author!
Pat Harrell
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. .

This is the best yet from Dixie Brown. Great characters and story line. It kept me guessing until the end. I love a good Navy Seal story and that is where Dixie is at her best. Can't wait for more from this series. Anyone one of the other characters would make a great read. Keep an coming Dixie.
Glenda Bettin
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
awesome love it, bring on more
Cassandra
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an amazing book!!! The characters are easy to fall in love with and the story will keep you reading until way into the night. The surprise twists was something I definitely did not see coming. A great read from an amazing author!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Nightwolves on the Prowl (The Nightwolves #2)
  • Romancing the Alpha: An Action-Adventure Romance Boxed Set
  • The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy, #1)
  • Secrets
  • Monsterland
  • Dark Passing
  • Upload
  • Avenging Kiss (Savage Security, #2)
  • Bulletproof (Unknown Identities #1)
  • Blood Drama
  • Chasing Midnight (The Dark of Night, #2)
  • Hard Run (Delta Force Brotherhood, #2)
  • Wolf's Trap
  • Undercover with the Heiress (Fitzgerald House, #5)
  • Between Heaven and Hell (Lonesome Hearts, #1)
  • Stealing Breath (Stealing Breath, #1)
  • Deadly Pursuit (Dark Desires #2)
  • Dead Light

Hearts of Valor (3 books)
  • Honor Among SEALs (Hearts of Valor, #2)
  • For the Love of a SEAL (Hearts of Valor #3)