Start by marking “Wounded (Brookside Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wounded (Brookside Romance, #1)

Wounded

(Brookside Romance #1)

The first sweet and sexy standalone in Abby Brooks' captivating BROOKSIDE series...

For every wound, there is a scar.

A tattooed rock star raised on fame, Liam McGuire is a spoiled man-child. His sexy body and sinful face blinds the world, but I see through it to what he is inside.

Ugly.

When his tour bus rolls off the road, Liam's rushed to the hospital where I work. As his n
Published March 18th 2017 (first published March 3rd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Wounded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wounded

Sophie
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: march-2017
AHHHHH! I've just completed Wounded by Abby Brooks. I'm a little lost for words actually. I've only met a few of Abby’s books but this one BLEW ME AWAY! My heart and soul are Wounded in the best possible way. I was not expecting to feel the amount of emotions I did.

From the initial hate/enemy feel to the inevitable falling in love I was RIGHT THERE! Abby’s words infiltrated me and pulled me right in so I was experiencing every single thing that the characters were. My heart cracked and then brok
Dilek VT
DNF at 40%

Didn't feel it: The story fell flat with zero chemistry between the characters.

Dull writing style: A lot of time passes through inner monologue. Boring as hell. Dragging.

There is nothing about the book that makes me want to go on reading so I am stopping here to end this meaningless reading experience.
Nance
4.5 star rating

This book had everything that I look forward to in a romance. Witty banter. Impending tragedy. The solace of loyal friends. And, an unexpected love story. That being said, you will smile with Bailey and Liam's romance as it takes both of them by surprise. Liam is the spoiled rotten pop singer and underwear model who gets injured during a bus accident. The injury has so much to do with his image because he ends up with a pretty ugly scar that runs the length of his beautiful face.
Melanie Moreland
Wounded is an enjoyable, emotional read that kept me pinned to my kindle. Bailey is a strong woman, but so weighed down by guilt, she can’t move forward. Liam has lost himself, allowing those around him to distort his life to the point he no longer recognizes himself.
In a strange act of fate, these two are thrown together, and their intense dislike of each other is the only thing they share.
Or is it?
As they change and grow, so do their feelings. Anger is replaced by understanding. Wariness tur
Tracy- OMGReads
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fascinating enemies to lovers romance, in Wounded, we meet Bailey and Liam, and go on one heck of a journey.

Liam, rockstar extraordinaire, is injured in an accident, and his nurse while in the hospital is Bailey, the one girl who isn't swooning every time she gets near him. Bailey was a very special character to me. She has a lot going on, and has a lot to overcome. Liam, he was a dreamy rock God that wanted to be more to someone.

Wounded is a heartbreakingly sweet, opposites attract story. T
Lyssa Dawn
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abby Brooks has out done herself with this 5 star read loaded down with ALL the feels. Wounded is an amazing love story intertwined with self discovery and healing. Liam and Bailey will have you going on a roller-coaster ride of emotions throughout the wonderfully written masterpiece. Have your box of tissues handy because you're going to need them. Seriously, this is the stuff movies are made of. Way to go, Abby!!!
J.A. DeRouen
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this rock star/nurse next door romance!!! Bailey and Liam both stole my heart. They were two broken souls--I loved watching the two of them find their way to each other and begin to heal. Wounded was a beautiful read about taking chances and believing in the power of love and forgiveness. Loved it!
Maria Di Pasqua
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such an amazing book. Once I started reading it I actually devoured it in a few hours because the story was so intense that I could hardly put the book down. Abby has done a wonderful job in creating such unique characters like Bailey and Liam, wounded and broken differently by their past experiences but their encounter will be their redemption. In fact Bailey will heal from her obsessive conviction that she is cursed and on the other hand Liam will finally realize through Bailey what really lif ...more
2OCC Reviews
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gemma
Wounded is one of them stories that you don’t want it to end, you read through the story and then at the end start to read it slower because you don’t want it to end. This is one of them stories because I did not want to finish the story of Liam Mcguire and Bailey. This is the first book I have read by the author and instantly fell in love with their writing style. The author knows how to write a story that you feel like you are apart off and came up with a storyline that instantly attracted me ...more
Jennifer Dale
the synopsis pretty much tells you about Liam. What it doesn't say is who Bailey is.
Bailey is a pretty confident, straight forward person; which so happens to be Liam's nurse.
Bailey carries alot on her shoulders. The biggest being the lost of her ex-boyfriend and her parents.
With all that said, she is still a pretty cool person. Liam is ok. Liam's manager should have been kicked to the curb along time ago; along with his mother.
Bailey's best friend, Lexi, is pretty cool. Bailey's brother is not
Dana
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
L
I’m sitting here trying to wrap my head around this book. I’m at 76% and just heartbroken for Bailey. How much does one person have to endure in one lifetime?

“I’ll carry you when you can’t carry yourself” ❤❤❤

86% the tears have started

This is a 5 star Read!!! I will be one clicking the rest of their series.
A
4,5 stars for this surprisingly emotional read... :) I absolutely adored it and had so much fun reading it... and then I almost cried on my way to work, because the emotional stuff hit me by surprise... all I can say is damn... this woman can write :) will have my full review soon-ish, but I highly recommend you this story :)

edited to add my full review :)

When I was looking for small town recommendations in my trusted online group, this was one of the suggestions... :) I'm not sure why, but out
Katlin Lindsay ✨
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books, audio
"Wounded" begins as your run of the mill love/hate relationship. Liam McGuire is Hollywood's biggest star. Pop idol, sex icon, and the owner of hearts around the globe. His world suddenly comes crumbling down when his tour bus flips and Liam gets hurt, leaving him with a scar starting at his forehead down to his chin.

As he recovers in a small town in Ohio near the crash, he meets the beautiful Bailey who has been assigned to be his nurse. Right away it is clear that Bailey does not like Liam McG
Lucy Edwards
*2.5 stars*
This was a really difficult one to rate because I really did like Bailey. Liam was ok but there were quite a few parts throughout the book where I kinda wanted to punch him in the d**k. I found that it dragged on and on and on for a while and I couldn't help but skim through a few pages. Towards the end was written beautifully however and I think for me it made up for some of the draggy parts.
Sophia Holt
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book of Abby Brooks i have read (to be honest, i really don't know if she has any other books out) but this definitely will not be my last read by her.
I thoroughly enjoyed this enemies to friends book.
Bailey has had a lot of heartache in her life (not going to say what it is, that would just ruin it) so she has shut herself away from LOVE...
Enter Liam... swoon worthy, musician/singer....a man with a lot of attitude..his rockstar ways...but through the accident, we see a diffe
Allyson ☘️
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*2018 50 States Reading Challenge-Ohio*

So I received this in the mail yesterday (Romance Reveal Book Box) and I could not put it down! I just kept reading and reading. It was so good.
This is my first Abby Brooks book and it will not be my last! I can't wait to read more from her! I'm definitely going to read Michele and Lexi's stories...I'm a sucker for single parent books so I'M THERE. I'm going to be all about these books! :)
Rebecca
Gorgeous,sweet,loving

Ooh wow this is seeet, Loving, Beautiful, Heartbreaking Liam land's in brookside due to an accident there he meets the feisty Bailey. Of course his PA wants him back in LA but he dcides to hide away With Bailey there things start to happen, there is passion heartache love and just gorgeous.
Lisa Book Shelf
Music man

He's a music superstar that's hurt and she's his nurse and life will never be the same for these two. Enjoyed this first book
Ciara Kelly
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Although I ended up loving Liam, I didn't at first. Bailey was great. She survived and flourished throughout the story. Good solid read. Next part already downloaded.
Season
DNF. Not a good read.
Mari
Sep 01, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF 26%. Premise of Male MC, famous hospital patient, inviting himself to stay with Female MC and she says yes?! But what stopped me in my reading tracks was FMC’s behavior on the 8th anniversary of her parents’ deaths. The way she acted was more like you would after one or two years, not 8, and to go out into public year after year and put on a drunken display... not for me.
Andrea B
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku-not-on-kindle
Heartbreaking and sweet. Little unbelievable but still held my interest
Sandra Gause
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wounded was an absolutely amazing story. It took you on such a rollercoaster ride of emotions from laughing to crying to swooning to falling hopelessly in love with the characters! And not just the two main characters Liam and Bailey, you will fall in love with them all.
Both Liam and Bailey have pasts that haunt them and hurt them beyond repair it seems. Then they meet and start to heal each other! Unfortunately when tragedy strikes again can they move on from it and find their happily ever aft
Joyce
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abby-brooks
WOUNDED by ABBY BROOKS
Box of Kleenex needed. You will laugh and cry, but mostly fall in love. Abby Brooks frankly has OUTDONE herself in the background and research of WOUNDED. With books out now where kink and sex are most prominent, this story is like a breath of Fresh Air. My most treasured book to date. A MUST READ!!!!!!!!!
Johanne Lewis-Scarlett
Wounded made me laugh, cry, happy, sad and most all feel the love between Liam and Bailey. The heart break and love for all the characters made this book exceptional. This was an amazing book Abby Brooks... I loved it!!!
Nicole Erard
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful tale of two broken lost people finding their way through life with each other. This book will make you laugh, cry, angry, and finally happy and this author leaves you wanting more!
Bitchy
Sep 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rockstars, dnf, audiobook
DNF... He is a complete fucking self-centered, insensitive douche canoe. I couldn't get passed his attitude.
Bookish Addict
Bailey is a hard ass, no nonsense nurse who was caring for a celebrity after his tour bus rolled over. Liam wants to escape the spotlight and just be himself for once. Bailey somehow got conned into letting Liam stay with her while the news of the accident dies down and he recovers.

I really enjoyed their developing relationship. She didn't fall for his charms, until she got the know the real him. Liam liked Bailey because she didn't see him as a celebrity, but as a person just like anyone else.
Chasidy
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For every wound, there is a scar. Not all scars are skin deep, some are rooted deeper inside.

Wow…words cannot do this book justice! I fell in love with Wounded from the very beginning. I could not devour this book fast enough!

Liam,major pop star, is in a horrible accident and rushed to the hospital where Bailey works. He is not her favorite attention to take care of. Liam is lost and tired of everyone trying to change him so he will fit a brand. His manager is trying to convince him to go back
Wit & Wonder Books
***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

Wounded by Abby Brooks was one of those books that required you to really take your time reading it, to fully appreciate the story Abby was telling.

I shed more than a few tears during the course of this book, so I would recommend having a few tissues on hand. Liam is a Rock star, one who is involved in a horrible accident. As a patient he meets Bailey, his nurse for the duration of his stay. The love / hate relationship these two have is not a
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Uncovering Hope (Uncovering Love, #3)
  • Demon's Curse (Imnada Brotherhood, #1)
  • Falling for Emma (La Bohème, #3)
  • Buyer Beware (Caldwell Brothers, #1)
  • Finding Stone
  • Joy Ride
  • Craving Shannon
  • Wasp (Uncommon Enemies #1)
  • Mass Casualty
  • Know Me, Keep Me (Full Heart Ranch Series #3)
  • Loving Riley (Celebrity, #2)
  • Long Ride (The Slayers MC #3)
  • Deleted: Jackson and Maggie (Cliffside Bay, #2)
  • Deadly Betrayal (Rockford Security #1)
  • Jack (For The Love Of A Good Woman, #1)
  • Solid Education (Higher Learning Book 1)
  • Lorelei's Lyric (Southern Elemental Guardians #1)
  • Bound by Fate (Bonds of Fate, #1)

Brookside Romance (5 books)
  • Inevitably You (Brookside Romance, #2)
  • This is Why (Brookside Romance, #3)
  • Along Comes Trouble (Brookside Romance, #4)
  • Come Home To Me (Brookside Romance, #5)