Start by marking “Limited Edition” as Want to Read:

Limited Edition

Claire is a thirtysomething neonatal nurse who is becoming increasingly discouraged about her prospects of getting into a long-term relationship and starting a family. She thinks she may have finally met her man in Franck—if not a Prince Charming then at least a friendly and compatible person—but societal pressures and gender norms seem to rear their heads at every turn an ...more
Published March 21st 2018 by Europe Comics (first published January 6th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Limited Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Limited Edition

[Shai] Bibliophage
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Limited Edition tackles some real-life issues that women were experiencing, such as still being single in their 30s, pregnancy, and being in a relationship. I'm quite sure that women will appreciate the tale of Claire in this graphic novel, and they will be able to relate to some of the topics addressed in the story.
Sara M. Abudahab
Following Claire, a thirty-year-old neonatal nurse, trying to find the man of her dreams was fun, I hope this has a sequel I'm interested to know what happens next.
Chad
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, netgalley
Details the life of a thirty-something neonatal nurse as she looks for love. This one is obviously written for women. A large portion of the book is women complaining about men. At first it was kind of humorous but then it starts to weigh on you. I know we aren't perfect, but we do try and we are not all the same. But most of all, I just found this book to be very boring. It's just everyday life. I don't need to read about that, I live it every day.
Anya (~on a semi-hiatus~)
Soooo I headed over to NetGalley on a whim today and found this little comic about a thirty-something neonatal nurse, Claire who's trundling along her life looking for a love that would last long.

I honestly felt bad for her; Claire was surrounded by friends and colleagues who are starting new chapters in their lives and she feels left behind and lonely. The story is simple enough and realistic but the art is GORGEOUS. I loved how despite looking like a fluffy comic, Limited Edition grappled wit
♥ Sandi ❣
Thanks to NetGalley and Europe Comics for a copy of this graphic novel. Published March 21, 2018 in English.

Mid-life and no relationship! Crisis ?!?!

That is the premise of this newly translated French graphic novel. Holding true to Fench culture, this graphic novel is graphic. It spends as much time in the bedroom as out of it. We follow a 30-something nurse as she navigates one relationship after another, until she finds the right one. But...is it the right one?
Mehsi
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

So this isn't going to be a very nice review at times. I just need to rant a bit.

This book began good, I would have given it a 4 stars at the beginning. The middle was 3 stars, but with the ending and how I felt overall after reading the whole book... 2.5 stars.

This mostly had to do with how I just got tired of all the bitching about men and how terrible they were/are. And then probably calls it feminism. :|

What I liked:
*The a
Ad Rocks Socks (semi hiatus)
”I can’t live like a halfway open cabinet.”

3.5 very real stars.

Limited Edition (French: Idéal Standard) read like an indie movie, and paid homage to the belief that art mirrors life — the story was real, extremely so, and Aude Picault did a really good job of portraying that restless feeling that 30+ women tend to feel, when trapped by a heteronormative society that imposes restrictions on their happiness. In short, I liked it, I really did.

The novel centers on Claire, a neonatal nurse living i
vostendrasamigosyotengolibros
I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange of a honest review.

I loved the book, it absolutely perfect the way that it talks about social issues at the same time that tells a story, the end it's perfect I have say it, this is just a solid wonderful and beautiful book, I really recommend it for everyone. Masterpiece.
Andreea
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was sent a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

This was such a cute short graphic novel talking about the pressure and expectations set for women by society, family, the norm or themselves, done with humour, but in a realistic way.

The book is not condescending nor is it trying to change something or offer solutions, it simply follows a 30-something y/o nurse for babies born prematurely. She is single and she is looking for someone to possibly start a family with. At least
Lauren loves llamas
Trigger warning: (view spoiler)

This is a translation of a French graphic novel. It’s an exploration of feminism and women’s roles in today’s society – as a sex object, girlfriend, wife and mother. It trots out some of the usual gender role stereotypes – women like taking care of people! boys need to be tough! – and depicts various relationship stages – from one-night-stands, to dating, to a longer term relationship, to marriage, to raising a baby, then children, then emp
Anjalee
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

A series of sunny-hued panels tell the story of Claire, a neonatal nurse on the hunt for her dream man. At 32, Claire very much feels the pressures that come with a ticking body-clock and often finds herself settling for lack-lustre relationships. Over time she learns the importance of being happy on her own terms.

Limited Edition loudly deals with feminist issues but doesn't always align with my own beliefs. Whilst I appreciated
Charlotte Jones
This graphic novel is all about sex, motherhood and relationships. The artwork is simple and understated, with a monochrome colour palette. Almost every image is coloured in shades of yellow with odd splashes of baby pink and pale blue throughout. I had a bit of an issue with the font personally as it was almost like someone's handwriting and I found myself having to stop to decipher some words that weren't very legible to me which took me out of the story.

I also thought that the plot and themes
Ije the Devourer of Books
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Claire is in her thirties and desperate to settle down and start a family. She is on the dating merry go round and doesn't seem to be able to meet a guy who wants to settle down. Meanwhile family and friends are settling down and having babies, buying homes and getting on with life. Despite her career as a nurse Claire feels left behind and left out.

And then Claire meets a man, moves in with him, and three years down the line she examines if this is what she really wants. Should she settle for l
Theediscerning
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Claire is yum. She's got curves, she's got brains - and she doesn't bitch and bitch and BITCH about men like some of her girlfriends. But she's not got a fella, until she meets a potential The One, and gives it almost three years of go. There clearly is give and take in any relationship, and a lot more taking and giving if you're a fertile woman, and Claire's examples of that make for a very good book. Some people have said it's a bit man-bashing; well I see some characters are but I found the b ...more
Elia
Hooookay....
So, here's the thing.
I have never in my life been able to relate to women like the protagonist Clare.
1) I don't have daddy issues. My father was and is freaking AMAZING with us, and yes, he had some machismo from being an old-school Mexican man, but still supported the HELL out of me, pulled his weight around the house, is still married to my mom, and was never an absentee sexist pig like Clare's dad.
2) I don't want children, so I never had a ticking biological clock screaming at m
"I can't live like..a halfway open cabinet" Claire says at one point in this story.

This is the story of Claire, a neonatal nurse, in her early 30s, wondering if she will ever find the love of her life. It goes through her many loves, and her friends and family that surround her. The whole story takes place over a three or four year period, as she goes along with what she has, and then, when asked how she feels, she says the line above.

This is important because her latest love has a cabinet with
Wayne McCoy
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Limited Edition' by Aude Picault is a graphic novel about a young woman who feels discouraged by the relationships in her life. I really liked the story and art.

Claire is a neonatal nurse who, when we meet her, has had a series of boyfriends. Now that she is in her 30s, she is feeling the pressure of settling down. Her mother wants her to find someone and her friends are starting to have babies. When she meets Franck, it all seems to be perfect, but, as in any relationship, there are problems.

T
Nissa
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful!! Claire, a neonatal nurse, dates men, moves in with Franck, visits with friends, and grapples with the heavy questions surrounding relationships - what is the value of a companion? What can women expect from men? How are things different now from our parents' generation, and how are they the same? What does and should motherhood look like, and how does that fit in with women's expectations of their lives? The illustrations have a retro French feel, and the monochromatic palette focuse ...more
Chloe Metzger
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it
In her 30s Claire is worried that she's going to miss out on the opportunity to be in a long-term relationship and be a mother. As a neonatal nurse who loves her job and has lovely friends, it seems to be the only thing that is missing. I read this in one sitting and while I enjoyed it I did, at times, find it problematic.

When Claire meets someone she adores all things seem to be going swimmingly as she gets her wish of a long-term relationship and from that point is where it started to fall fl
Leah
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's funny how some books come along exactly when you need them, and wow this book was amazing. This book follows a woman, Clare, who is in her thirtys as she tries to find love and romance in a real, everyday setting. She is (understandably) frustrated with the whole process. When Frank comes into her life, she thinks this may not be my prince charming but it may be enough. We follow Clare through work, friendships and her relationships.

This book has some great girlfriends in it who talk about
Romantic Intentions Quarterly
A very European take on the search for love and the disappointments of finding it, Aude Picault’s Limited Edition gives us, in beautifully articulated but very simple drawings, the tale of neonatal nurse Claire, early thirties and alone, and her succession of one-night stands until she catches the interest of Franck, who is ready to settle down and believes Claire will… do. Candid discussions of sex, pregnancy (both planned and otherwise) and toxic partners may not be considered usual comic book ...more
Angela Holtz
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**Thank you NetGalley for this unlocked PDF!!!**

This is a wonderful graphic novel for women. Although men, you might learn a thing or two in here. Claire is a thirty-something neonatal nurse, hoping she'll find the right man. She keeps putting herself out there, and really just putting out, hoping he's the one.

Will she get her happily ever after? Or will she find her good enough for now?

I really enjoyed this and read it in only a few hours. I like that I can read this one again and again. I hope
Anna
Apr 05, 2018 rated it liked it
"Limited Edition" is a graphic novel about a nurse in her early 30s who wants to fall in love and have a family but things don't really go they way she wished for. It's a simple story and I have to say it wasn't exactly for me because I couldn't relate to anything the main character was going through. But at the same time - although it was a bit sad - I liked the message and I believe it could give courage to a lot of women who feel like they are running out of time and are afraid of change.

So,
Sissel
*Provided free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

A great graphic novel about a woman in her thirties and her struggle to settle down. I loved her character growth, how she learned to accept that what she wanted was more important than settling down. I adored the main character, but I had some difficulty seeing the difference between some of the other female characters in the comic. The colour palette and art style was incredible and was very pleasing to read. The lettering was a bi
K
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of the English-translated version of this book for a review. This was a heartfelt story with intelligently drawn images. It can be many things for different people: a cautionary tale for some, an inspirational tale for others, and for myself it was reassurance that I did the right thing by making sure I was happy first before trying to find my happiness in someone else. Read it, be happy, don't be a half-open cabinet.
Desi
Feb 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, comics
I liked the story of the book, but I found it a little hard to follow sometimes, and the font was a little hard to read sometimes. I really liked the choices of how the colors worked with Claire, and that there's a pretty significant character that carries throughout the book that you don't even realize is there until the resolution.
Emma Ferrier
2.75

Received from netgalley.. the artwork was very simple but nice. I appreciated the message of loving yourself. I’m not sure where, but this fell a little flat for me but it was still an enjoyable read
Victoria Dimitrakopoulos
Her best so far. Adore the simple style, with poetic details. One of my top 3 current cartoonists, with Camille Jourdy and Riyad Sattouf
Marie S.
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe how smart it was. It's way more than just a woman pinning to find a man. It's about love, respect, gender equality, sexuality, and babies.
Dreadymorticia
This one hit close to home - loved it!

• Ceux qui restent  (Les vieux fourneaux, #1)
  • Mauvais genre
  • Ma vie est tout à fait fascinante
  • La generazione
  • Hellboy: The First 20 Years
  • Pinocchio, Vampire Slayer Complete Edition
  • Barefoot Gen, Volume Nine: Breaking Down Borders
  • Le piano oriental
  • Born to Be a Larve (Notes, #1)
  • Bird Cat Dog
  • Ce n'est pas toi que j'attendais