Start by marking “Pregnancy After a Loss: A Guide to Pregnancy After a Miscarriage, Stillbirth, or Infant Death” as Want to Read:

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  82 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews

Published October 1st 1999 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Pregnancy After a Loss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pregnancy After a Loss

Meredith
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, 2015
I don't usually write reviews, but I'll do it for this book since there are only 10 of them and several seem to be written by people who haven't experienced pregnancy loss.

Our first daughter died when I was 4.5 months pregnant, and I'm currently 4 months pregnant with a son. As some of the other writers have mentioned, it's true that some of the medical information in this book could use updating, but the medical information is not why I'm giving it five stars -- from the moment I opened the bo
Carol Mann Agency
For a woman who has experienced a miscarriage, stillbirth, or the death of an infant, conceiving another child can be fraught with mixed emotions. This guide, filled with up-to-date medical information and written by a woman who herself experienced a successful pregnancy after the loss of her first baby, can help women cope with their anxiety. It offers guidance for women asking such questions as:

Why did it happen—and how can I make sure it doesn't happen again?
Will my next pregnancy be consider
Amie Lands
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I was pregnant with my son the year after my daughter died, I wished for a book like this. I often thought I should/would write a book for moms like me. But, in my most recent pregnancy 4 years later, I found this book and realized a great resource already existed! This book answers every question and anticipates every experience that a subsequent pregnancy includes. I highly recommend this book.
Lynda
Apr 08, 2013 rated it liked it
This is an informative and supportive book for pregnancy after a miscarriage or stillborn loss. Some of the technical information seems a bit outdated, but the suggestions and tools for maintaining a positive, healthy attitude (or just surviving the pregnancy) are still helpful. This book may be helpful to those who are experiencing this situation or if you are close family or friend to someone who is experiencing it.
Ami
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
Probably outdated & not the best resource on the topic, although the trimester-by-trimester approach was interesting. Still, I ended up skimming because I'm not actually pregnant again yet and although I understand it happens, the idea of stillbirth or infant death is pretty horrifying and, in my mind at least, a different level of horror than early miscarriage. And not necessarily one I want to be confronted with right now, so...
Beth
Oct 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
This isn't a book that I'd actually say I liked, but it is a book that I found very helpful. And I'm not really into self-help books. If someone else is going through this issue, I highly recommend this book to you. Lots of personal stories and lots of insight. Made me realize that I wasn't alone and certainly not as crazy as I'd originally felt myself to be.
Becca
Sep 12, 2007 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: not for someone who is pregnant
This is a book on how to deal with a miscarriage and the fears it raises for future pregnancies. While the parts I read did accomplish what I wanted in just knowing what thoughts and fears are normal, and therefore not crazy, it was full of way too many harrowing stories of pregnancy loss for me to want to read it all. I don't need more things to worry about next time!
Rachel
Mar 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book helped me survive. A great recommendation for anyone in this situation.
Megan Jones
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
this book has been a wonderful help
Cady
Apr 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Had some great insight into pregnancy loss. Gave me some ideas to ask my doctor about my loss.
Amy