Start by marking “The Complete Idiot's Guide to Buying and Selling a Home” as Want to Read:
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Buying and Selling a Home

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Buying and Selling a Home

3.15  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
"The top-selling, most complete buyer's and seller's guide available."
The top-selling book on the subject, this latest edition of "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Buying and Selling a Home" focuses on everything to do with the sale and purchase of a house. With updated information on finding good schools and neighborhoods, expanded coverage on home auction sales, and the c
Paperback, 5th Edition, 464 pages
Published March 7th 2006 by Alpha Books (first published November 12th 1997)

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Buying and Selling a Home

Anita
Feb 21, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I knew I was in trouble when I read, "some experts think that the home market is a bubble waiting to pop."
julia
Jan 07, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: idiots buying a house
simply informative.
Neil
Mar 16, 2009 rated it liked it
Time to revise this one again! The section on all of the different closing costs was helpful, but much of the advice on buying and selling was made irrelevant by the current real estate climate. The charts in the book don't include interest rates on the low side that are available now. The book still had plenty of the kind of bad advice that has put so many buyers and lenders in trouble, like the old chestnut that your income will raise so much over time that what is a difficult payment the firs ...more
Donna
Mar 31, 2008 rated it liked it
This book was great for looking terms. When I needed to know the difference between good faith money and earnest money it was there for me. It seems like the charts and graphs were a little outdated.
Terri
Nov 07, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book (and a few others) helped get my husband and I through our first and second home purchases. Lots of good info. for the first-time homebuyer and simulanteous home seller/buyer. Please note: while the ISBN matches my edition, my cover is not the same as the one pictured.
Hank
Jan 23, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the basics, as one would expect it to be. Frankly I skimmed or skipped most of it but I'd call it a worthwhile read for someone entering the market for the 1st time and a good review for those coming back.
Beth
May 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
Helpful, easy to read step-by-step of what one needs to think about and do when buying or selling a home. Much appreciated by us first-time home buyers!
Eric
Feb 07, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
We bought a house. This book was somewhat useful for the basics.
Kelly
Jan 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
This book was a big help when buying my first home. I even referred to it a little when buying my second home as well.
Mae McDonnell