Start by marking “Space Boy Volume 2 (Space Boy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Space Boy Volume 2 (Space Boy, #2)

Space Boy Volume 2

(Space Boy #2)

A sci-fi drama of a high school aged girl who belongs in a different time, a boy possessed by emptiness as deep as space, an alien artifact, mysterious murder, and a love that crosses light years.

To Amy, everyone has a flavor. Jemmah, her best friend from the colony, is the flavor of pineapple and jalapeño. Cassie, from Earth, is like red pepper.

After being forced to leave
Published November 13th 2018 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Space Boy Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Space Boy Volume 2

Start your review of Space Boy Volume 2 (Space Boy, #2)
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-n-stuff
Have I mentioned that this series is so much fun? Bc IT IS SO MUCH FUN.
Mir
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Look, I was patient with book 1 not having much titular Space or Boy in it, but now you are trying me, deceptively packaged story. So far the bulk of this could be rewritten without the sci-fi elements and you'd be left with essentially the same story about a girl going to a new school and adjusting to a slightly different culture (the difference mostly coming down to cell phone technology). To me that's a bit of a no-go. There was a single scene hinting at mysterious scientists doing something ...more
Jes Reads
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow, just wow! What a great follow up to the first Volume. I loved getting to know more about some of the characters. Also theres finally a book in my collection with some great parent/child relationships! This book definitely deviates a bit from how our main characters is able to detect flavors from people, which was one of my favorite things about the first one. But theres a lot added to this volume that make it very interesting none the less. Cant wait for number 3!
Rod Brown
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Still slow-paced, but still fairly engaging. Some progress was made in connecting the main character with the title character.

As for the art, it's a little odd how males get to have flat feet but females all walk around en pointe.
Lauren
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All the stars!

LOVED this installment in the Space Boy series and I’m dying to know what Oliver’s flavour is. Actually, I’m dying to know more about Oliver - he is quite the mystery!

Full RTC
Francina Simone
I’m really enjoying this series. It’s very slow and more like a slice of life manga than anything else.

The art style is beautiful, the art has movement and the writing is good. Overall I’m very please and can’t wait until the next installment in March.

That said, I’d read these in one go, they’re not “loud” enough to keep me interested and waiting for 3/4 months at a time, but if I had all the issues and could read them over a week that would be best.
Amy finally manages to talk to the white haired boy she noticed in the first volume of this delightful story of a girl, who is both out of place, and out of time.

And Oliver is a bit like her. He seems to be dislocated from life, and although Amy can sense a smell about everyone else, Oliver has no smell.

"Once I accepted the nothing, I felt nothing, and that was a form of freedom," he says.

One reviewer said it was a slow story, but if you are reading it as a race, yes, it might seem slow, but we
Ellen
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oliver: "Sometimes hope hurts too much to hold on to."
Nore
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Well, it was a book!

There's a bit of character development, a tiny bit of progress on the plot, and one rooftop adventure, but this wasn't a wild ride. I still look forward to the rest of the series, especially seeing Amy reconnect with her old friend from the colony.
Ken Yuen
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not another high school drama. Amy's from space, she's sort of a timer traveler, and she has synthesia, giving every person she meets a unique "flavor". It's fun to see her discover Earth (albeit a slightly a bit into the future version).

This time around, she's got a foil in Oliver. I'm not sure what his deal is, but there's just enough of a mystery about him that has me intrigued. Also, they're both "new" to high school/Earth in a sense so they're both discovering things that the high school
Karissa
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Space Boy series. There are five books total in this series right now. I continue to enjoy this series.

Amy interacts a lot more with Oliver (Space Boy) in this book. We also learn some more background on Oliver, but even more mysteries are brought to light.

I really love the illustration style here and the bright colors. The story moved slower in this volume than the first one but I still found the mystery behind Oliver very intriguing. I also really enjoyed the
N (they/them)
This has the same problems as the first one, when it comes to the portrayal of women in my opinion, but this one is also... boring. There's literally nothing happening in this one at all. But the world is still cool so half a star for that. Yay!
Jill Kenna
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THIS SERIES IS SO GOOD. I cannot wait for book three to get to the local library!
Cassie
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful, atmospheric sci-fi series that manages to be poignant and intriguing at the same time.

The lead character Amy is extremely relatable, despite being (view spoiler) a teenager, because we're brought into her thought process. Seeing the world ((view spoiler)) through her eyes is a joy. And there's something special about the way that the sci-fi slice-of-life elements of the future are presented in such a
Dakota Morgan
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first Space Boy volume was pretty light on the titular "space boy," so it's nice to see Space Boy Vol 2 take a bigger swing at that character. We get some intriguing growth and backstory for him, and we see plenty of Amy's curious attraction to him. It's all smartly rendered - Stephen McCranie has a knack for drawing real feelings and emotions from his teenage characters. Space Boy Vol 2 is also smartly rendered in the artistic sense. I simply can't praise McCranie's style enough, it's ...more
Noninuna
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Continuing from previous volume, now, Amy looks like she's adapted well with environment & life on Earth. We get to know our Space Boy a little bit better & hints are given a few times of who he might be. New friendship is building between our leads. However, this volume has been less sci-fi and gets more high school contemporary vibe to it. It still look good to me.
Kayla (onthefritz)
"I'm glad you exist."

oooo I love Amy & Oliver! This one mostly just has their interactions, nothing but a sprinkle of "whaaaat is going on???" in this volume.

(view spoiler)
Helen
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am enjoying this series and I really like the art. This book picks up immediately after the ending of the first book. We follow Amy trying to get comfortable to Earth and having more dealings with Space Boy. Solid one and I look forward to reading more from this series.
Diana-christie
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I like the graphics of the boy with the white hair.
Kelly Spoer
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute series.
Emily
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-fantasy
Webcomic on webtoons.
In love with the gradient shifting for the story transitions. Highly recommend.
LibraryLass
Erin Kelly
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this series so much. Great art, wonderful characters, fun/compelling storyline, and well-paced.
Izzy
Jun 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Ableist slur and some fat shaming/diet culture talk

This is a very interesting comic book and enjoying the premise otherwise.
Flynn S
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is really good. It gives us more information about the boy but still keeps us suspenseful.
Neftali
May 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Space Boy By Stephen McCranie is about a girl that one day has a relationship this a boy that is a robot. This book is fine the book gets boring in the middle of it
Lindsey
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Poor Oliver! And Poor Zeph.
Hannah
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
book #4 for the reading rush: the challenge of "read a book in the same spot"

5 stars!

This was so adorable and funny. I need the next volume asap.
Natalie
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been looking forward to this next volume since July when I read the first and it did not disappoint my anticipation for it! This series continues to have incredibly strong feelings underlying it that makes you feel as if the author Stephen McCranie is writing from personal experience or deeply personal feelings - with one of the strongest of that being loneliness.

I adore Amy as a character and watching her discover new things about Earth in this volume, such as being able to see her
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Red Maze (5 Worlds, #3)
  • The Hidden Witch (The Witch Boy, #2)
  • Pilu of the Woods
  • Cheshire Crossing
  • Kiss Number 8
  • The Dam Keeper: Return from the Shadows (Dam Keeper, #3)
  • This Was Our Pact
  • Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me
  • Are You Listening?
  • By Night, Vol. 1
  • The Avant-Guards, Vol. 1
  • Witches in Training (Hex Vet, #1)
  • The Okay Witch
  • Pumpkinheads
Stephen McCranie has been drawing comics since before he could read or write. He graduated from the University of New Mexico with a degree in Fine Arts and currently lives and works out of a small apartment in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Space Boy (6 books)
  • Space Boy Volume 1 (Space Boy, #1)
  • Space Boy Volume 3 (Space Boy, #3)
  • Space Boy Volume 4 (Space Boy, #4)
  • Space Boy Volume 5 (Space Boy, #5)
  • Space Boy Volume 6 (Space Boy, #6)