Start by marking “Space Boy Volume 2 (Space Boy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Space Boy Volume 2 (Space Boy, #2)

Space Boy Volume 2

(Space Boy #2)

A sci-fi drama of a high school aged girl who belongs in a different time, a boy possessed by emptiness as deep as space, an alien artifact, mysterious murder, and a love that crosses light years.

To Amy, everyone has a flavor. Jemmah, her best friend from the colony, is the flavor of pineapple and jalapeño. Cassie, from Earth, is like red pepper.

After being forced to leave
Published November 13th 2018 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Space Boy Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Space Boy Volume 2

Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-n-stuff
Have I mentioned that this series is so much fun? Bc IT IS SO MUCH FUN.
Jes Reads
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow, just wow! What a great follow up to the first Volume. I loved getting to know more about some of the characters. Also theres finally a book in my collection with some great parent/child relationships! This book definitely deviates a bit from how our main characters is able to detect flavors from people, which was one of my favorite things about the first one. But theres a lot added to this volume that make it very interesting none the less. Cant wait for number 3!
Rod Brown
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Still slow-paced, but still fairly engaging. Some progress was made in connecting the main character with the title character.

As for the art, it's a little odd how males get to have flat feet but females all walk around en pointe.
Francina Simone
I’m really enjoying this series. It’s very slow and more like a slice of life manga than anything else.

The art style is beautiful, the art has movement and the writing is good. Overall I’m very please and can’t wait until the next installment in March.

That said, I’d read these in one go, they’re not “loud” enough to keep me interested and waiting for 3/4 months at a time, but if I had all the issues and could read them over a week that would be best.
Lauren
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All the stars!

LOVED this installment in the Space Boy series and I’m dying to know what Oliver’s flavour is. Actually, I’m dying to know more about Oliver - he is quite the mystery!

Full RTC
Amy finally manages to talk to the white haired boy she noticed in the first volume of this delightful story of a girl, who is both out of place, and out of time.

And Oliver is a bit like her. He seems to be dislocated from life, and although Amy can sense a smell about everyone else, Oliver has no smell.

"Once I accepted the nothing, I felt nothing, and that was a form of freedom," he says.

One reviewer said it was a slow story, but if you are reading it as a race, yes, it might seem slow, but we
Ellen
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oliver: "Sometimes hope hurts too much to hold on to."
Jill Kenna
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THIS SERIES IS SO GOOD. I cannot wait for book three to get to the local library!
Dakota Morgan
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first Space Boy volume was pretty light on the titular "space boy," so it's nice to see Space Boy Vol 2 take a bigger swing at that character. We get some intriguing growth and backstory for him, and we see plenty of Amy's curious attraction to him. It's all smartly rendered - Stephen McCranie has a knack for drawing real feelings and emotions from his teenage characters. Space Boy Vol 2 is also smartly rendered in the artistic sense. I simply can't praise McCranie's style enough, it's absol ...more
Helen
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am enjoying this series and I really like the art. This book picks up immediately after the ending of the first book. We follow Amy trying to get comfortable to Earth and having more dealings with Space Boy. Solid one and I look forward to reading more from this series.
Kayla (onthefritz)
"I'm glad you exist."

oooo I love Amy & Oliver! This one mostly just has their interactions, nothing but a sprinkle of "whaaaat is going on???" in this volume.

(view spoiler)
Nore
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Well, it was a book!

There's a bit of character development, a tiny bit of progress on the plot, and one rooftop adventure, but this wasn't a wild ride. I still look forward to the rest of the series, especially seeing Amy reconnect with her old friend from the colony.
Emily
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-fantasy
Webcomic on webtoons.
In love with the gradient shifting for the story transitions. Highly recommend.
Kelly Spoer
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute series.
Erin Kelly
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this series so much. Great art, wonderful characters, fun/compelling storyline, and well-paced.
Flynn S
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is really good. It gives us more information about the boy but still keeps us suspenseful.
Becky B
Amy continues to adjust to life on Earth and build new friendships in this time and space. The changing of the seasons catches her by surprise, as do other little things the videos of Earth never prepared her for. She slowly gets to know the mysterious boy at school who seems to never go to any class except art class, and who weirdly has no flavor (Amy has synesthesia and everyone has a flavor...except this boy). In contrast to Amy, who is choosing to be positive and hopeful about the changes in ...more
Natalie
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been looking forward to this next volume since July when I read the first and it did not disappoint my anticipation for it! This series continues to have incredibly strong feelings underlying it that makes you feel as if the author Stephen McCranie is writing from personal experience or deeply personal feelings - with one of the strongest of that being loneliness.

I adore Amy as a character and watching her discover new things about Earth in this volume, such as being able to see her breat
Emily
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 stars
So yah, I am DEFINTELY going to be keeping up with this story.
I WANT THE NEXT BOOK SO BADLY I just want to binge this entire series BUT I CAN'T because the entire series hasn't been published yet!!
It's honestly so surprising to me because it's not an action packed story AT ALL, it's quite slow-moving--like you can tell there is something happening in the background, but we don't really know anything about that yet, it's still very character focused at the moment. I don't know, there's
Tib
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is why I don't really like to read graphic novels that are still coming out. Got to the end and I now need to know what happens next, only to find out volume 3 doesn't come out until 2019. The wait will be torturous! Especially since it takes a while for the books my library orders to come in.
Kelly
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm really digging this series so far, but I could do without the animal exploitation vis-à-vis the school's agricultural club. Like, if you're going to show off the cute baby chicks you ordered via USPS (or future equivalent), maybe also include a panel of the unboxing, where most of the babies arrive dead, mkay. Or, better yet, let's just skip to the lab-grown meat.
ashley (saidthestory)
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was just as entertaining as the first volume. We get a little more into the mystery of the series, which is still very much mysterious, and we get to know the characters a little more.
The high school stereotype stuff is still there, but just like the last time I didn't find it annoying, or too cliched, i found it fit with the story well.

I also LOVE the art, and the color palettes.
Adan
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I still like Amy a lot, even though she’s adjusted fairly quickly to living on Earth (but kids are like that, I guess). There’s a lot more about Oliver in this collection, but there’s still a lot of mystery. Like, he might maybe be a robot or something? I don’t know, it’s weird, but I still like it.
Jennybeast
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
There are some really heavy things in these books, but they are so interesting to read and think about. The mysteries are starting to be more visible -- very interested to see where the story arc will go.
Kirsten
Nov 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Nothing much happens in this one but it still pushes the story forward. I'm bothered by the way the feet of female characters is drawn - I wouldn't be bothered if all feet came to impractical-looking points.
Delaney Felix
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
I really love these graphic novels. Any is relatable in her game choices as well as how she reacts to seeing chickens and baby chicks. At least to me. I can’t wait to find out more about Oliver in volume 3!
C.J. Milbrandt
Amy meets a strange boy with white hair who attends her school. Unlike everyone else around her, this person doesn't have a "flavor." Each seems intrigued by the other, and *that* intrigues me. Eager for more!
Alissa
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Again, I really enjoyed what there was of the story, but it doesn't seem to make a lot of progress. I have so many questions, and the story doesn't really answer most of them. I really like the characters, and the art is well done, but I'm not sure serialized stories are for me.
Claire
the book is so much funnn! I kind of ship Amy and Oliver but I also ship Amy and Zeph, I dunnnoooooo! The Oliver boy seems very mysterious but I like him. I love the art in this book, sooo cute and amazing!! READ THISSS
Pink
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Still loving this series; can't wait for the next volume!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • M.F.K.: Book One
  • Archie, Vol. 4
  • Giant Days, Vol. 9 (Giant Days #9)
  • Delilah Dirk and the Pillars of Hercules (Delilah Dirk, #3)
  • Saga #33
  • Jem and the Holograms, Vol. 5: Truly Outrageous
  • CatStronauts: Robot Rescue
  • Unicorn of Many Hats (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #7)
  • The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal: Omnibus
  • Saturn Apartments, Vol. 3 (Saturn Apartments #3)
  • La Conquête de l'espace (Le Château des Etoiles 1869, #2)
  • As the Crow Flies
  • Misfit City Vol. 1
  • What Does Consent Really Mean?
Stephen McCranie has been drawing comics since before he could read or write. He graduated from the University of New Mexico with a degree in Fine Arts and currently lives and works out of a small apartment in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Space Boy (4 books)
  • Space Boy Volume 1 (Space Boy, #1)
  • Stephen McCranie's Space Boy Volume 3 (Space Boy, #3)
  • Stephen McCranie's Space Boy Volume 4 (Space Boy, #4)