Start by marking “Love in C Minor (Backroads Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love in C Minor (Backroads Duet, #1)

Love in C Minor (Backroads Duet, #1)

From the co-writing duo of Mindy Michele comes a tale of small-town charm and backroads trouble.

Seventeen-year-old Reagan seems like the perfect small-town girl. Dubbed a saint by her older brother, Lincoln, she serves the community, makes straight A’s, attends church, spends her summers working with special needs children, and is a piano playing prodigy.

When you’re the da
Kindle Edition
Published April 27th 2018 by Enchanted Ink Press

To ask other readers questions about Love in C Minor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love in C Minor

Alexandra
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1018
I received an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review and blog tour can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

I truly enjoyed this book! The cover is amazing and both Rea and Rid were equal parts of funny and heart pounding! There were many emotions shifting to the point of wishing for the angst to stop but at the same time, I really liked it.

While Rea's brother was horrible, in my opinion truly a jerk, I also liked how the relationship between brother and sister was repaired during the course
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
“What do you want from me?” I ask.
“I want you to tell me you’ve never thought about being with me, and that this whole thing is ridiculous, so we can go back to being Raygun and Really Gross.”
My forehead falls against his chest, my lips trembling with suppressed laughter. “I wish I could do that, but I can’t.” His muscles tense under my fingertips. “I think about you all the time, too.”

***

Easily my favorite read this year. I knew I would love it, how could I not with the fabulous writing duo
Amanda Louder
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm still swooning 24 hours after finishing this heartfelt melodic symphony of a feel-good clean romance from Mindy Michele! These two together are just pure magic! I absolutely loved how much heart this book had! It gave me all the feels and yet was clean enough to let my teenage daughters read!

Reagan and Ridley are an amazing couple, and I love how the authors took their time in actually getting them together and still gave us time with them as a couple. The tension was palpable and the heat
Jo
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
LOVED this book so much!! I was up way too late finishing it because I just couldn't put it down. This book has a perfect balance of humor and heart with just the right amount of drama and intrigue thrown in. As soon as you think you know how it's all going to unfold they throw a curve at you and you just can't help but keep those pages turning.
Mindy and Michele joining forces is pure magic as always. I can't wait to see what they do next!
Lyndsey
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just when I thought I couldn’t smile anymore, I’d turn the page and smile again! This is another gem from Mindy and Michele! A sweet, swoon worthy romance with lots of clean steam! I can’t wait for more from these characters, especially that Ridley! ❤😉 well done, ladies!! Love love loved this book! ...more
Sara Oxton
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love in C Minor by Mindy Michelle a sublime five-star read. This is volume one in a Backroads Duet and what a book, it will make you laugh and cry, so get your tissues at the ready!! Volume two can’t come quickly enough. I will be honest and it took me a couple of chapters to get into the story but once I did I couldn’t put it down, it went from a good story to one that had me so encompassed in reading that I didn’t move for hours, I suddenly sat up once it was done with tears flowing needing to ...more
Stormi (Bewitched Reader)
Shelves: favorites, na-romance
Oh my goodness! Y'all! This book!! I adore small town romances and brother's best friend is my favorite romance trope. Love in C Minor has both of those things! Plus, it has the magic and emotion that is born every time Mindy Michele touches a keyboard. This story transported me right to the town of Ellbury and had me feeling every ounce of angst, adrenaline, love, laughter, and anger right along with the characters.

And oh my goodness, those characters! I see a lot of Reagan in myself, but I th
Ashley
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and it had me hooked from the very first page. I liked the good clean feel of the writing and language which is not very common in such a huge industry. All of the characters were amazing and i loved how the relationship developed between Reagan and Ridley. It wasn't forced or rushed in order to put a bow at the end of a story. It felt genuine, and real, and the way it really could happen for real people in that situation. A few times I did catch myself thinking "did t ...more
Tiffany Elliott
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love in C Minor was perfect balance of humor and love with the right amount of drama! As soon as I thought I knew how it was all going to unfold they threw a curve at you and made me want to keep reading! This was my first book that I read by Mindy and won’t be my last! Can’t wait for book #2!
Amy Jenkins (dreaming_of_stories)
OMG!!! Love in C minor was absolutely AMAZING!! I can honestly tell you I can’t count how many times I screamed in my head “just kiss already” bc of the wickedly cruel slow burn that was utter torture, and I can promise you it’s bound to grip your heart a squeeze and send you on a emotional roller coaster with all the best feels!!! All the Stars!!

Reagan, the small town image of perfect girl next door, always does everything to please her mom and others at the sacrifice of her own free time.Shes
Andrea
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 5-star
I'm completely stunned with this book.Usually I'm not big fan of my-best-friend-little sister-type of romance but there was something in the book title that just draw me in,and I'm so glad for it.

From the first page I loved the main characters.
Reagan was young,sweet,a little bit naive but very good person.I liked her inner "freak out" moments.She was a bit insecure but really sweet.
Ridley is your typical teenage boy.Cocky,smart,cowboy and very good musician.I liked his nicknames for Reagan,he wa
Amy Stephens
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am new to the writing duo of Mindy Michele but let me just say, these two authors compliment one another so well. So much so, I'd not only like to read more that they've written together, but I'd also like to read their individual works as well.

Love in C Minor is a fantastic coming of age story. If you're a fan of heartfelt romance, this is definitely one you'll want to dive into. Just know, once you start it, it's so hard to put down. The words literally flow through the pages. I simply coul
Laura ( Latteandbooks )
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is the first book that I have read by these authors and after reading this I know it’s not going to be my last.

I’m completely blown away by this, I can easily say that this book is in my top 10 so far this year. This book had my emotions all over the place just within a few pages. I love when an author can make you feel different emotions at different times.

I loved the relationship that Ridley and Reagan had, they have known one another for there entire lives which I think added an extra s
Lisa Lopez
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am completely and utterly taken with this book. If I could give it more stars I would. I had no expectations going into this. After reading hundreds of books, you realize how high your expectations are. Let me tell you that this is one of those books that put a smile on my face.

First of all, I truly love the characters. You feel their development in the book, which to me is very important. Reagan and Ridley have known each other since childhood, though close their relationship is conflicting.
Teresa Juckett
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is so worth more than 5 stars it is truly amazing. This book reminds me of being in high school and you have a crush on your brothers best friend to only find out your brother threatened him to never come near you and that's where Reagan find's herself over Ridley. You can honestly feel the emotions they go through not only with themselves, but in every day life. She's the daughter of the Mayor & the Chief of police in the small town of Ellbury, KS where everyone knows everyone. I ...more
Teri
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First of this isn't a standalone read this is at least a 2 book series and yes there is a cliff hanger. Now you have been warned now let's move on to why I am so glad this is more than one book. First the author is able to not only introduce us to these folks but able to have us understand the depth of it all. This isn't just about young love there is so much more and it's so much fun being apart of it and watching them grow without the angst. Second the author has taken an ordinary topic and ma ...more
Kristy
Shelves: favorites
Another great start to a series! I loved the Paper Planes series by these two authors and so I was THRILLED when I found this! These authors have an amazing way of making these characters come to life and making you feel like you know them! I love the "fall for the brother's friend" plot and this was even better than I expected. This plot was much deeper than just 2 friends that fall for each other. Their feelings are real and the emotions are raw and touched me as I read. I enjoy the way Mindy/ ...more
Kelsey Buriedinabook_k Lehman
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Oh.My.Word! Talk about a book that slowly builds then leaves you stunned. Mindy and Michele captivated me with this story. I will admit at first I wasn't so sure but as you read you just keeping getting sucked further in the lives of the Meeks and Gosses.

I was weary of Ridley at first, he didn't seem to know what he wanted. As you peel away his layers you see how loving and attentive he is. Plus, he's got a little bit of everything in him Bad boy charm, sexy cowboy, bad ass musician....what's no
Hannah Wooly
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was swept away by the melody of this story. Ridley and Reagan's story is an emotional whirlwind of music, love and friendship. I was glued from start to finish, rooting for them the entire time. They had me in tears, sighing at their cuteness and wanting to snack their heads together. I can't wait to read the next one, I need to know more and to see what happens with the two and their friends and family. Linc, Annabeth, Maise, Gavin, Riley, the chief and the mayor, there's so many intriguing a ...more
Brittany Hively
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've bought many books by this duo, ones written together and separately, but had yet to read one until Love in C Minor. Based on this book alone, I am heavily missing out on some fantastic stories.

I'm not a huge fan of duets, but I always seem to fund myself reading them. Love in C Minor is unlike any other duet I have read. The intensity behind the characters, the love behind them and everything in between.

This story was beautifully written and portrayed. Honestly, I was doubting how it coul
Niamh Kelly
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another winner from one of my favourite writing duos. Not as emotional as the Paper Planes series, in fact I think it was closer in vibe to Michele's 'From the Wreckage' trilogy. That small town America atmosphere, crushes, diner dates, Friday Night Lights, that last year of high school feeling...moving on from friends you've known all your life and contemplating college and (possibly) the big city. Add to this a HOT romance (seriously guys, scorching at times!!!) and a some danger. Be prepared ...more
Valerie Cooper
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This writing duo can do no wrong! This book takes me back to a time when I too fell in love with a guitar player. When sporting events and hanging out with friends was the epitome of your social life. A time when you were still trying to figure out who you are and where you are going. Following along with Raegan and Ridley as they traverse a path of friends to maybe more was a fun ride. I look forward to continuing the story.
Tiffany
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first read by Mindy Michele and it was great!

I love a book that has no swear words and very little sexual innuendos. This was such a sweet story with all the aspects that I look for in a book.. love, lust, suspense, family and so much more.

Reagan and Ridley have so much chemistry and have to hide it from the people closest to them. After some time the truth comes out and more secrets emerge.

"We're instruments creating a tune only we can hear."

A must read!!

I absolutely loved this story. It came across as a traditional girl falls in love with older brothers best friend but it was so much more! The character were so real and raw. They weren't afraid to hold back even when they were scared to. I can't wait for the second book!
Desiré Oosthuizen
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-books
*Audiobook*

Absolutely Brilliant!!!!

This was my first time listening to this author duo and narrator. I can't wait to listen to the follow up as well as other books by this author duo and the narrator. Loved every second!!!

I Feel sorry for all the books to follow this one. You would think listening to an 11 hour book that things would be dragged out but it's not, If I didn't have to sleep I would have listened to it all in one go.

I highly recommend this book to young adults and romance readers.
Teresa Price
** I have received an Arc for a honest review!! **

This is my very first book I have read by these authors and it definitely won't be my last!! Can't wait for more! Book 2 can't be here fast enough!

So worth than 5 stars!! I fully enjoyed this story! Great humor and love!! Very well done!!
Taylor Freeman
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again Mindy Michele knocks it out of the park. What a beautifully told story!!!!
Paula Genereau
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Ragen is small town 17 year old who is the daughter of the Mayor. She's a good girl. Well she was until her brothers best friend came a long and started changing the rules for her.

such a good book.
Cori Mcgowen
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
😍

I love love love Ridley how can you not! He is so head over heels for Reagan. They are adorable together!
Suzanne
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Now in waiting

Definitely a great team...
We all need and Love a “Happy” read! Love in C Minor gave me that..... now..we wait for July 27!
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine editions 3 14 Mar 21, 2018 08:34AM
Pen name of Mindy Hayes and Michele G.
Miller

We're pretty awesome! We both write books. We both live in the Carolina's (Mindy in South, Michele in North). We like singing in the car, eating white cheddar popcorn, and going on road trips together. You'll find us sharing a table at a few book signings each year. We have a love of romance, New York, anything sweet, and great books.
“Boris? Why did you name your car something male? Was that you being politically correct or something?"

"Nope. He's male because he's the most unreliable vehicle I've ever seen.”
0 likes