Start by marking “His Biggest Secret (Portville Omegaverse, #1)” as Want to Read:
His Biggest Secret (Portville Omegaverse, #1)

His Biggest Secret

(Portville Omegaverse #1)

Sometimes the biggest secret is the one we keep from ourselves.

Tough beta cop, Mark, wakes one morning with a hangover and some very vague memories of the previous night. One of those memories is something that Mark believes can’t be possible.

He sees a flash in his mind of his best friend, Landon, who also happens to be his partner at work. Someone he’s always had a crus
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 136 pages
Published February 25th 2018 by Xander Collins

To ask other readers questions about His Biggest Secret, please sign up.

Line
Sep 20, 2018 marked it as probably-not-but-freebie
Freebie at the zon.com right now: https://smile.amazon.com/His-Biggest-...
Steph ☀️
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
🤨???

So many unanswered questions, and nothing mentioned near the end so I’m not sure I can say it’s a cliffhanger. So confused, and story is underdeveloped.
Funzee Shu

*** 3.7 Stars ***

“You,” he said in his deep, commanding voice, “are the man of my dreams. And I will always be madly in love with you.”

I interested in this book because the blurb totally intrigued me. The idea of a tough beta cop who suddenly changed into an omega really grew curiosity in me. So I decided to pick the book and read it in one sit.

The premise of the story give an impression that the story gonna be 'something'. And it is really start with 'something' that I thought was really goo
Angela Lover  of all Books No Matter How Horrid They Are ❤❂☠
It is okay to be a new version of yourself 👬👮🏻♂👮♂👨❤💋👨👨👨👦

This is such a super quick read. I enjoy the omegaverse. For a very long time I did not understand how males can have babies but the more I read this type of genre the more I understand that certain authors let you know about the nitty gritty and how a male pops out of baby. For me that shows an author understands that they can't just gloss over a major life event.

I am new to Xander Collins and I appreciate all the attention to details tha
Cee Brown
.•★*) .•*)
(.★*..•`★¤Mark & Landon...Oh, my!¤★*..*ˑ★

Talk about outside the box. I loved the concept of change and how it affected these two. And the little surprise at the end of the rainbow? Just fabulous.

I can say that I will be reading more from Xander Collins. But by jolly I encourage you to check out this author who has come on the scene in omegaverseland and put a whole spin on things. And I feel another story coming on set in this universe, cause hey...that reaction between Mark's bro
Joscelyn Smith
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommended 💖

This was a great addition to the mpreg genre, the author took a well established genre and introduced a unique element into it. Mark was devastated when everything he thought himself to be was turned upside down but Landon was with him every step of the way. Engaging characters and an interesting storyline made this a page turning read. I'm hoping Stephen and Jake have a book next because I really want to know what happened between them.
Aki | nose buried in books | ❤️ |
3/4 stars
I read a lot of omegaverse manga (and some fanfic), but never a novel, so this one was my first.
I liked it, it was short but nice and sweet, focused on the mcs' love story and it shows the mcs grown, Mark's in particular.
I'll keep an eye on this author!
Lasha
Jun 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting concept - 2.5 stars

I think this book had a lot of potential, but needed some more work (and editing) to get it up to par. I loved the world building, however, a lot of the plot contradicted what was said before (did a pandemic make women sterile or not?) and so it threw me out of the story. Then, Mark turned into a whiney omega constantly going back and forth about whether he wanted Landon, so I had difficulty liking his character. If you are looking for a quick summer read, you migh
Missy~
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was just an Ok read. A very short story with underdeveloped characters. I like mpreg, m/m and shifter stories but this one just felt rushed and one dimensional.
I felt the baby delivery method for the male preg was kind of strange, it just read weird to me.
And I'm sorry but I really disliked Mark, the story was short, so I never warmed up to his character who seemed whiney, whimpy and definitely not a macho cop.
I'm not sure if I will read the next in series or not.
Deirdre
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No Choice

This is my first book by Xander Collins and the First Book of the Portville series. I enjoyed it immensely. Read it without reading the book's description so I was blown away by what the premise of the book was. How entertaining and such a twist of fate. It was a knife to Mark's heart - a big tough Beta policeman who prided himself on keeping up with the Alphas. He kept his crush on his Alpha partner a secret, but he still admired him greatly. Landon optimized the definition of a man an
caroline wilson
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author for an honest opinion.
This was a new to me author, but I liked the promise of the the book description so thought I'd give it a go and I'm glad I did, I enjoyed this story.
This story was about Mark who is a tough beta cop, that after a night out is completely unaware of what happened the night before but for the fact he's awoken with aches in unchartered places in his body before.
Landon is an alpha who is friends and partners in the police force who has alway
Melody
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bromance
So Many Problems

This book has so many problems with both the premise and the details. The following contains *Spoilers *.

Fifty years ago women became sterile and male omegas appeared and only they can have babies. Where do they carry a baby? Did they suddenly grow uteruses? Do they have periods? How can they not be able to tell they are an omega if they have them? How can they have babies without?
How did Mark's mom have him 24 years ago?
Why do they suddenly mention female omegas at the end of t
Tina
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
His Biggest Secret by Xander Collins is a pretty good read. It does have a few problems and for me, that took away from the overall experience of reading this one. I do feel I would pick up more from this author, there is potential here just it is overdone. There are places the author needed to move on from and seemed rather stuck. However overall a decent read. Liked it very much.
Mark is a beta and a cop. He is a little too much tied up in his social standing. When he turns into an Omega and g
Lisa
Feb 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
The blurb attracted me to this one, but sadly, it fell short of the mark.

What I did like:
Transitioning of Betas to Omegas. This could've been so interesting with background and world-building, but very little information is given to the back story.

What I struggled with:
The timeline was completely out - if woman were sterile 50 years ago and that prompted omega-change, how did Mark's mother have him 24 years ago?? And what was that scrap of idly tossed information about female omegas right at the
Violet  Marshall
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Yes
I absolutely loved this book it had a uniqueness to it that made it a captivating book with some different ideas that gave it a refreshing and enjoyable read. The writing was great and the plot was entertaining and it was steady throughout the book. Although it did leave me with a few questions. A couple in which I hope will be answered in a sequel. I found the story and characters charming. The characters were developed and thought out. Landon and Mark are the MC’s of this book. There was humor ...more
Katherine
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
New parts, not a new person

A very well rounded story about coming to terms with change and embracing it. Mark has been a beta since high school when he tested, but as he always believed his family and society wanted alphas, he has been tough like one. As a cop he is tough as nails and relies only on his partner, Landon, an alpha. Then one night Mark goes into heat with Landon; it turns out he has turned omega and now everything is changing.

Mark really has to work with thisn change. When he hears
Sarita Chapdelaine
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I love this book and the new take on the Mpreg genre. It is well-written with great characters and the world building is excellent. In this world women are no longer able to have children and only male omegas can get pregnant. There are also men that appear to be betas when they are young but end up being omegas as they get older. Mark realizes that everything he thought about himself and the rest of society is wrong when he presents as an omega at twenty-four. He is in turmoil and tries to push ...more
Lacrymosa Quiñones
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy Cow! I freaking loved this book it started out so intense then it got funny and loving. I adore the chemistry between the main characters and found myself wanting to know everything about Mark's brother.

Character breakdown;

Mark: I didn't think I would have found a more frustrating omega than this one lol. Even if he had started out beta and misinformed and shit lol. Eventually though he grew on me and I understood his reasons well enough to excuse him for it.

Landon: an alpha not so alpha?
Esther Alayeto
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and following the journey of Mark and Landon. They are partners at work and best friends but have always had feelings for one another but never acted on it. That is until one drunken night of crazy, hot sex and the discovery that Mark is no longer a beta but an omega! Mark gets pregnant but has a very hard time accepting not only his pregnancy but also that he is now an omega. Can Landon help him see that he's still the same person inside and the one that he loves?
H
Dixiecowgirl
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Powerful story of learning to accept who you are and recognizing how gender biases affect our perceptions. I loved how the author allowed Mark to explore his own self perceptions and slowly grow to understand that perception is only reality if he chose it to be. Well written with beautiful characters and a great story-line.

Mark and Landon's dynamic is exceptionally well done in this story. The confusion, longing, love, hurt and rejection are all so well done that i laughed and felt their pain a
Quen Barlow
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love conquers all

This was a great book even though Mark will drive you crazy with is hot and cold ways. He believes he loosening he is because of the changes but it's all in his head. Landon is the sweetest he puts up with all in hopes he can get the love of his life to see the truth. Your heart will go out to him but he hangs in there and fights for Mark. This story is well written and the characters are well developed. I looking forward to reading Stephan book. I voluntarily read a arc copy.
Sabella
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story!

So, this is a little different from other omegaverse stories where a beta can present as an omega later in life. To say that Mark is shocked when he finds out he is not the beta he thought he was is a massive understatement. Now, Landon is his partner and best friend and wants more. The way each of these men handled the changes in their lives are heart wrenching, loving, hot, and a wild ride. You will definitely enjoy this book if you like omegaverse.

Now, I’m hopeful there will
Carolyn Elias
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this aspect of 2 strong men in a totally different omegaverse world

In this world there has been a pandemic which has affected the reproductive organs of women. The only way to have a child is through an omega but Mark is a beta who views omegas as weak. Mark is a very strong cop and is trying to adjust to a new reality. Landon is Mark’s partner and a strong alpha, he too is adjusting to a new reality. This was very well done by letting us see the thoughts of Mark and Landon. Totally enjoye
Kevin
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Two cops have been partners and friends for years. One is an alpha, and the other a beta. Because of their preferences, they have ignored their mutual attraction. When one changes status, it causes him to freak out due to preconceptions about his identity. The other partner and a relative help him through it.
Status is a stand-in for gender roles and sexual identity in today's society.
Typos: wrong verb tense, can for can't, missing question mark, number written as numeral, laying for lying, miss
Gayle
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great story and intro to omegaverse

I enjoyed this first book in the Portville omegaverse from Zander Collins, who is a new author to me. The characters felt very true-to-life and grew throughout the book from their experiences. Of course, knowing how a man becoming pregnant and giving birth would really be like is fiction, but Xander's words made it feel real. The background to the way things work felt well thought out and I'm looking forward to the future books. I already have them so will star
Virginia Lee
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the Portville Omegaverse series. This was a wonderful read and little emotional at times. We get to see the journey that Mark overcomes with the change in his status. Who better to fall in love with then your best friend. We see how Landon becomes Mark rock. With the ending do hope that we will be seeing of what happen with Stephen. Highly recommend this book wonderful read
Monica S
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Patients

Mark a beta cop blacks out and doesn't remember his night with best friend and fellow cop Landon who is a Alpha. Landon tells Mark of everything and now Mark realize s that he is a omega but gives himself a hard time with the stereo types of how omega are treated. Landon has the patients and convinces Mark to try and make a family since he had always been killed n love with him. Great store of friends to lovers.
DRAKEAVERYWORLD
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful is not enough, I have read this book with pleasure and found plus then ten motivations to red it again at least three times. Mark and Landon are exactly as you will expect them n the apartment in front of yours, they are a breathing living story so real and bpassionate so vibrating and warm you can’t stop reading and when you do it you take that feeling of warm in your heart.
It is really a masterpiece. Thank you for the opportunity to read such an amazing story.
brian g. fraser
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed

Mark and Landon have been partners for five years on the force Alpha and Beta than one night at 24 Mark presents as a Omega and goes in heat. Landon is in love with Mark but it does take the new omega time to accept his new reality before. That is the biggest issue so the relationship does evolve at a slower pace which I enjoyed they worked for the HEA. The book does end in a cliffhanger can't wait to read Mark's brother story.
Natasha Lynn Harris
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omega Change

I absolutely enjoyed this book, Mark is a Beta cop turned Omega, which leads to one hot heat induced night with his Alpha partner Landon. I love how sweet and endearing Landon is when it comes to helping Mark cope with the changes in his life, even when Mark was a little Omega psychotic in the head.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Omega's Secret Pregnancy (Men of Meadowfall #1)
  • A Husband for Christmas
  • Embracing His Omega (Cafe Om, #1)
  • The Cowboy's Baby (Black Meadow Ranch #1)
  • Blaze (Dragon's Destiny: Fated Mates #4)
  • The Family We Make (Hellion Club #1)
  • Waking Up (The Omega of His Dreams, #1)
  • Love at Lupine Bakery (Trillium Creek, #1)
  • The Omega's Wolf Protector (The Shifters of Distance #1)
  • Alpha's Bite
  • Red Hot Daddy
  • Sold as the Alpha's Love Slave (The Pregnant Mate, #5)
  • A Baby for Christmas (Oceanport Omegas, #6)
  • A Baby for the Dragon (Dragons of Lake City, #1)
  • A Family with His Werewolf Mate (Lone Wolf Pack #4)

Portville Omegaverse (5 books)
  • His Deepest Desire (Portville Omegaverse, #2)
  • His Wildest Dream (Portville Omegaverse, #3)
  • His Hardest Choice (Portville Omegaverse #4)
  • His Steamy Summer (Portville Omegaverse #5; Portville Summer, #1)