Start by marking “I Can Handle Him” as Want to Read:
I Can Handle Him

I Can Handle Him

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  27 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Quinn Corbin’s got nothing to lose – except her life.
She’s finally got the attention of the man she’s always loved, Nick Allen. But Nick has a reputation for trouble. And after a car explosion killed his last girlfriend, many people in San Antonio, Texas think Nick got away with murder.
But Quinn, a 24-year-old elementary school teacher and bubbly optimist, believes Nick is
Published April 7th 2018 by DKLit

To ask other readers questions about I Can Handle Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Can Handle Him

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of I Can Handle Him
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, books-to-review
If you are looking for a romantic suspense book that is set in San Antonio, this might be the book you want to check out! There were twists and turns that surprised even me.

The characters in this book are a good mix of crazy, good, evil, strong, caring, and smart. I could probably throw in a few extra adjectives but this about covers it, I think! The one character that tends to steal the spotlight is Daniel. He is Tory's best guy friend, is funny, and has an obsession with tacos. But who can bla
Charlotte
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
This is a GoodReads giveaway win.
I thought this book was pretty great with some year jerking moments.
Nick seemed to be the luckiest person in Texas, woman seen to die when with him. The whole town was sure he was at fault for the death of Sienna. Tory and Quinn came back to town and was sure Nick was innocent, no matter what everyone else said. Quinn always had a crush on Nick, but new he was ready for more than a friend yet. Quinn decided she could be his friend.
This story is a lot like a small
Denise Levendoski
Thank you to Debbie K. Lum and Goodreads.com I won this book in a Giveaway.

Fresh new story with lots of twists and turns. Keep me interested and definitely a page turner. I did have some trouble keeping up with the girls and first person, third person view points until I got to know Debbie's style of writing. Loved the surprise ending !
Sara Strand
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Alright, so this book features two girls who fall for the same guy. One friend (Tori) graciously bows out so Quinn can have her chance with Nick. Nick is an up and coming coffee shop entrepreneur with quite the reputation, his last girlfriend was killed in his car and everyone thinks he has gotten away with murder. When the second accident happens so close to the first one, it seemingly confirms everyone's suspicions and that's where Tori steps in. Tori is a second year law student and she enlis ...more
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
I Can Handle Him is my first read by this author and I think I about dropped my coffee with a few twists in this book. So not where I saw this story going, but fate had other plans and the Lilies were wanting to bloom in a different garden is how to best describe it to as to not give away any spoilers. Nick has a horrible record with cars and girls and this small town is out to prove he’s guilty. Quinn and Tori (BF) are back in town and in for a ride of their live they did not expect- A small to ...more
Nancy
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Mystery and a Small Town Romance

Quinn and her best friend Tory are attending Al’s retirement at the Indigo, his coffee house where both girls worked before graduating from college. Quinn is now a teacher and Tory a law student. They’re both hoping that Nick, a good friend, shows up. He’s been through a lot. His girlfriend was killed in an auto accident some people in San Antonio think he caused. Quinn and Tory don’t feel that way. In fact they’d like to get to know him better.

Another problem
Cheryl
Jul 05, 2018 rated it liked it
In the beginning, I was not feeling this book. I struggled to find my footing with the characters and the story. Yet, after the first few chapters; I did find that hold. This is a good book. The main characters for me were Quinn, Nick, and Tory. The other characters were kind of a turn off to me. They were judgmental towards Nick; which the more I got to know him, I found that their anger was not warranted. Luckily, Nick had two people on his side in Quinn and Tory.

While, I did like this book a
Lorie Briggs
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was a little different from my usual selection and therefore a little difficult to get into, but after the first few chapters I found myself flipping the pages quite easily. It’s an enjoyable, easy read that I finished in 24 hours while sitting on the beach and by the pool. It was fun to read and the author does a great job adding in unexpected twists and turns.
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I need to state that for about the first 75-100 pages of this book, I was underwhelmed. Everyone except for Nick, Quinn, and Tory were rude, judgemental, and made me less than excited about reading this. However, I was soon completely wrapped up in this mystery about what had really happened, who was trying to frame Nick, and why. Although I hated the things that Nick was enduring, the author managed to balance the novel with numerous themes, rather than just the accidents that Nick had been inv ...more
Judy Tulloch
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I hadn’t ever read any books by this author before, nor had I ever heard of her. After reading the books description, I knew I wanted to read this book. So I entered the giveaway and surprisingly won. I’m so happy I did. This was a well written book with a well developed plot and characters. The twists and turns really held my interest throughout this fantastic story and continuously kept me guessing what would happen next. I loved it! I can’t wait to read more by this author! This is one book I ...more
Leslie Barrett
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent quick read with twists and turns just when you thought you were on the right track!
Russell Howen
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I Can Handle Him" by Debbie K. Klum provides romance and mystery for the reader to enjoy as well as anticipate in its 351 pages. There is sadness and joy in the story of friends and the not so friendly. It's well worth the reading time.
Steve Bender
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got this ebook in a Goodreads Giveaway. It was a good romantic suspense novel with an rich supply of possible villains. Some very neat twists. Good reading. Recommended.
Debbie Lum
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
How far would you go to help an old friend in trouble?
I thought about that while writing I CAN HANDLE HIM and decided to put the two main characters – best friends Quinn and Tory – through some tough choices.
Is helping a friend worth your safety? Or risking your job? Both Quinn and Tory face those decisions while helping Nick, a former co-worker who they both like. A lot.
As much as I LOVE Nick, Quinn and Tory, my favorite character has to be Daniel. Writing his role was fun, because he is such a
Vivian
2.5-star read

I received a print copy of this book from the author/publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Quinn Corbin, Tory Taylor, and Nick Allen are reunited at the retirement party for Al Thomas, their former employer and owner of the bookstore/cafe the Indigo Exchange in San Antonio. All three have moved on with their lives, but have fond memories of Al and Indigo Exchange. Quinn has finished graduate school and has been hired to become an elementary school teacher, her dream job
Ann
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was very hard for me to get into this book. It just wasn't my style of book. I did finish it, but, it took me awhile.
Amber Johnson
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaways
I won this book through a Goodreads Giveaway. Although I finished the book, it just wasn’t my cup of tea. It was too predictable and somewhat cheesy with the romance.
Jessica Settle
Apr 12, 2018
Martha
Jul 14, 2018
Lavender
Mar 23, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: giveaways, kindle, own
Placeholder

I won this book via Goodreads Giveaways.
Melissa Cheresnick
Karen Thompson
Debee Sue
Denise Worley
Mar 13, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: Missing KINDLE STORE purchase box for new book 3 18 Feb 27, 2018 12:29PM

• Saving Each Other (Saving Series, #1)
DEBBIE K. LUM is an unlikely author, a non-reader who was inspired by a self-esteem ad campaign encouraging little girls to dream big. Her romantic suspense novels feature fun, flawed characters with steamy and complicated relationships (and plenty of surprises!) In 2018, Lum released I CAN HANDLE HIM, which was called "A fresh, enjoyable tale." by BlueInk Reviews. Reviews for the book have been p ...more