Start by marking “Eli vs God: You Give and Take away” as Want to Read:
Eli vs God: You Give and Take away

Eli vs God: You Give and Take away

A twenty-two-year-old, frustrated Eli Poole is about to break free from a Christian home where he clearly doesn’t belong. He can imagine the freedom. Free at last! No more disapproving looks from his father. No more incessant attempts by his mother to evangelize her wayward son. No more clingy, snot-nosed little brother to put up with. In 3 days, Eli will finally escape Hi ...more
Published February 22nd 2018 by John Moelker Books

To ask other readers questions about Eli vs God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eli vs God

maria
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

This book was inspiring and real what we go through in every aspect of our lives, heart opener,tear breaker and joy.
Sid Klooster
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this great book written by John Moelker that tells of God's providence and grace. An especially wonderful book for a new or struggling Christian but it is easily relatable to any Christian in any stage of life. I found myself growing in spirit and knowledge as I read it. Thanks John!
Angeline
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Totally blown away

When I first chose this book, I thought it was going to something different like a pilgrim's progress type story. I was unable to stop reading as God spoke to my heart and all I could do was think of my family, my kids. I definitely want to share this book and I pray all who read it have an encounter with the loving God presented here. Great work writing this book!!!!
Anthony
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very touching book from first time author. Quick read and great presentation of the Gospel message.
Kristina
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A page-turning coming of age tale that captures well the awkward parent-child dynamic many have faced. Set in Toronto, it has a modern, tech based Canadiana vibe that I found very appealing. The workplace romance had me needing to know the end. Highly recommended.
Harriette
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This first-time author delivers an engaging read, with realistic dialogue, humour and a worthy message. I appreciated that the metaphor of combat continued in the story even after Eli becomes a true believer because it leaves space for real emotion besides just joy in the Christian life.
Brenda Moelker
Mar 10, 2018
Dee
Nov 17, 2018
John Moelker
Feb 23, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home, office
Sjl330
added it
Mar 19, 2018
1 follower
John Moelker was born in Trenton, Ontario in 1968 and grew up on the family fruit farm until he went off to University. As a programmer/analyst in the Toronto area, John developed one of the first dating sites ever in the early 90s. He also owned and operated several online dating websites and even found his wife Debora on one of them. As an entrepreneur, John either developed or purchased numerou ...more