Start by marking “The Getaway Car” as Want to Read:
The Getaway Car

The Getaway Car

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  195 Ratings  ·  96 Reviews
If only we’d met at a different time, under different circumstances. A time when we could’ve jumped in his car and taken off without a care in the world other than what crappy motel we’d stop at next.

But we didn’t.

No matter how fast he drove, we hadn’t been able to outrun our pasts. And ever since our last night together, I dreamed about him. About Talon. The man with the
Published April 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Getaway Car, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Getaway Car

Nazanin
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

This story contains three parts. The first part is about how Maggie and Talon saw each other and become companions and then lover (just in two days) and then Maggie stole his car, his phone and left him at the motel room in unfamiliar town with a nearly empty wallet and even worse with the police! Part two was four years later. He got out of prison and he still thinks that night Maggie took advantage of him and in these years his hatred regarding Maggie had grown worse and he had the desi
Mandie
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, arc
This book was AMAZEBALLS!! I seriously couldn’t put it down! I was hooked from the first page!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book from the author! All thoughts and opinions are my own
Na
"Maggie was like a shot of heroin - offering the promise of better things, yet full of lies."

The Getway Car was my second book by Leddy Harper. Not only is the blurb pretty intriguing but I also fell in love with the cover. So I got curious what this is about. I got a ride I couldn't have been prepared for, even if I tried.

"He truly was trying to save me, and as much as I wished he could, it would only ruin him in the end."

Leddy has a great way of telling a story. You start the book and find you
Vanessa (nessreads)
*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

4.5 "You smell good" Stars!!!

"Maggie was a shot of heroin—offering the promise of better things, yet full of lies."

Love Rerouted (formerly, Getaway Car) took me on such an exhilarating ride. From the moment I read the prologue I was hooked. The story grabbed me and the main characters intrigued me. It was suspenseful and had me guessing as to what was going to happen next. Surprise after surprise had my pulse racing and biting my nails. But I
Irma
Apr 07, 2018 rated it liked it

It felt a little bit to insta for my personal taste, but all in all I enjoyed reading this compelling story very much.

Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
Leddy Harper has once again given readers a fantastic story. The Getaway Car took me on a journey as the characters literally took a journey together. From beginning to end I was emotionally invested in the characters and storyline. Their meeting was unusual and just the start of a great story that would span years, states and the changing of many lives. There was romance and a little mystery here. I got angst and laughter from this story as well. Talon and Maggie were not your typical hero and
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
Damn! Leddy Harper did it again. This time, she made me realize how much I miss and love her words! The Getaway Car is one perfect description of how talented she is as a writer. Her brilliant imagination knows no boundary and as a reader vying for all things Leddy, she WOWED me again!

Talon and Maggie had me from the very first page and I was sucked right into the world Leddy created for them. I was so ravenous of her words that the characters instantly became a part of me. They pushed me to my
Becky Rendon
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Meeting a man at a gas station can be tricky.
Falling in love in two days is possible.
But fixing what's broken...that's harder, might even be impossible.

Coincidentally brought together.
Unique situation pulls them apart.

The Getaway Car is a unique and intriguing story.

Reviewed for Sweet Spot Sisterhood
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
description

Love Rerouted had my ass on the edge of my seat the entire crazy ride! I looooooove these characters! Maggie and Talon have the most amazing chemistry and connection. Talon is so dreamy! Gah! I just adore him.
Leddy’s writing is flawless and brings out major feels. This wasn’t my first book of hers and definitely won’t be the last! Highly recommend Love Rerouted!
Ana Rita
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Should I run for the hills? Should I be nervous? Scared? Nervous? Nonsense... Lol. This author had made me cry a few times but I love her to pieces and can't read her books fast enough.
Each book is like traveling into a world of desire and love, forgiveness and betrayal...
Leddy Harper has a permanent place in my heart so she's a lucky girl. Lol.
Her writing is simple yet powerful, full of meaning and feelings. Each word will make you feel things and see things differently. Trust me. Been there
K.K. Allen
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. What a ride. I am so in love with this book, and LOVED that I took the time to read it straight through. This is one of those thrilling, fast-paced reads that has you on the edge of your seat anticipating each and every next move. I'm blown away by Leddy Harper's storytelling and the way she created such relatable characters. I loved Maggie and Talon.

This unique and pleasantly thrilling r
Rhonda Ziglar
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 GETAWAY CAR STARS!! Get ready for a speedy ride of your life, I could not put this book down. This is a fast paced story with lots of twists & turns, feels and suspense, to keep you on the edge of your seat. Talon and Maggie need each other for different reason and their stories are very interesting. Leddy Harper will take you on an amazing journey that you will remember for a long time. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
April Symes
The Getaway Car by Leddy Harper is truly an amazing read! Such a book filled with romance, suspense, at times loneliness, moments of desperation, lots of twists & turns, drama, intrigue, and intense chemistry. Maggie Abrams and Talon McNeil meet under unique circumstances. From that meeting, they go on a “getaway trip” one that is filled with secrets and out of that trip develops a deep connection, an intense chemistry. They are running from their past mistakes. Unfortunately, there is no ru ...more
Diary Of Book Fiend
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mind Blown. My first mistake was thinking this was going to be just another romance novel. My second mistake? Taking so long to start the book!!! What was I thinking!!??

Maggie and Talon meet in a very unusual way. He bumps into her in a gas station, that isn't THAT unusual but the circumstances surrounding them both, are. But you have to read it to find out. I have no intention of spoiling this for anyone.

People do stupid things in moments of desperation. Loneliness only increases that level of
♚Julia ~ The Romance Rebels ♚
The Getaway Car by Leddy Harper takes you on an epic ride about second chances. A love story that will move you, and utterly destroy you. Right until the very end, there are twists and turns you least expect. Buckle in, it’s going to get bumpy.

The story begins with a young girl running from her past, and walks straight into tall, dark, and handsome Talon. He see’s a scared girl who he can’t walk away from. To bad this girl will be his downfall.

With one mistake.....
It will change both of their li
Angela James
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! What an amazing ride in The Getaway Car... eek! This book was an outrageous journey that took me through some dark angst ridden roads with lots of twists and curves and led me right back into the sunshine. I could not be happier and I loved every second of the trip! I also love Talon and I'm claiming him for my own. (I know, shocker right?) A must read book for sure! This author continues to amaze me with her talent and storytelling capabilities. ..just wow.
Zilpha Owens
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With an intense opening in the prologue, the emotions get going from the start. Maggie Abrams and Talon McNeil meet under unusual circumstances. Both with secrets and the need to getaway, they hop in his car for a road trip that takes some unexpected twists but also develops an intense connection neither one can deny. But there are always bumps in the road. And the navigation of those bumps takes them in a direction neither one can stop. Both Talon and Maggie are strong and compassionate charact ...more
Abigail Davies
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review to come...
Natalie Casey
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a ride!!!! This book will pull you in and have you on the edge of your seat!! This is a fast paced read with a lot of twists and turns. Maggie and Talon have such a strong connection with each other that can't be denied. They found each other when they both needed a getaway, and their journey will take them through hell to find Their heaven. Their love story is all consuming, intense, emotional and heartbreaking! this story is packed with all the FEELS!💖💖
I highly recommend this book!
I recei
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5 stars
Jennifer Aldrich
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
What a thrilling ride! The Getaway Car was not quite what I expected. It was so much better. I really enjoyed this story. So much so that I stayed up way later than I should because I couldn’t put it down. This story is a romance with some mystery and action. It is a stand alone novel.
The plot of this book was written well. Two characters meet by chance and end up on a surprise road trip. The only problem is they are both keeping some deadly secrets. I think the author did a great job of buildin
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-arc-reads
WoW....this book surprised me in every possible way! Leddy Harper is a new author to me and I absolutely loved her writing and how she told this story.

"I didn't want to be better simply because you didn't throw yourself at me when we first met. It's because you looked at me like I was worth something. For some unknown reason, you trusted me. You gave me a chance to either prove Tony right, or prove everyone else right."

Oh Tallon....he has had a tough up-bringing, and despite his best efforts to
Nancy Reads
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I first bought THE GETAWAY CAR by Leddy Harper, I did not start reading right away. When I decided to start reading, I was surprised to find the book LOVE REROUTED. At first I thought I had bought the wrong book, but came to find out Leddy Harper had changed the title. Same book just with a different title. What ever title the book is under, after finishing, I really enjoyed the story.

Talon McNeil and Maggie Abrams were meant to meet on one fateful night. When Talon took one look at Maggie'
buzy_reading
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Getaway Car is about being given a chance at life without the stigma of living the same life you were born into. It’s a second chance story between two characters who were running away from past mistakes. With only the clothes on their back they drove off into the night hoping to escape their problems. Along the way, they form a bond, of comfort, trust, and acceptance.

I don’t know which names I prefer better: Mr. September or Brawny. I developed an instant liking to both characters and the
Katy
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Before I dive into my thoughts, I wanted to first discuss Leddy Harper. I am a huge fan of her and here is the great thing about her: she will break your heart then piece it back together again…all in one book! To me that’s an important aspect that every author should have in some shape or form, to make the reader feel something. With Harper it’s not just romance or attraction, she puts true emotion into her writing and characters and I just love it.

Getaway Car is a story about two people runni
Sunny Shelly Reads
The Getaway Car is an amazing ride. I'm in awe of Leddy Harper, how she is able to make each book so vastly different from her last, yet still as undeniably amazing. I was hooked on Talon and Maggie's story from the prologue. From the moment that they meet, Talon feels this amazing pull to protect Maggie, and I felt all of that. I felt every second of his pain, every second of his desire to protect her.

These strangers make such a lasting connection on one another, and my heart was broken when th
Keri Loves Books
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He smelled really good!
Maggie is running. With only a backpack and no possessions, she's on the run. She walks into a gas station to get cleaned up and the entire course of her life changes.

Life has never been all that easy for Talon. But he tries to be better, do better. Not be the crap that people look at him and think that he is. And when a local mechanic takes him under his wing and gives him a job and a future, things get better. And then one night, while at the gas station he sees her...a
Sassy Southern
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Talon McNeil stops to help a girl who looks like she needs some help little did he know how much his life was about to change in two days. Maggie Abrams stole a piece of Talon’s heart but then she stole his car, his wallet and his phone.
Now four years later he may have a chance at reclaiming what he lost but how high will the price be?
This was such a great book with so many twists and things that I never saw coming at all!
My heart just broke for Talon and everything that happened from that
💋Meme Chanell Book Corner💋

This story really packed a punch I literally had to pull myself off of the floor it was that good. It is told in three parts. The characters Maggie and Talon I absolutely loved they are both on the run from something and when Talon first sees Maggie battered and bruised he knows he needs to save her so they take a little trip to Florida ending with Maggie leaving him with no car, and barely no money and Talon in a rage.

Things happened and now it's four years later and Talon still hates Maggie a
Cee Cee Houston
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, my goodness, this is the most thrilling book I’ve ever read by Leddy Harper. The Getaway Car is so different from what you might have imagined from the title. It’s not about a bank heist, although there was plenty of robbing done. But, just of hearts. Mine as well as the characters for each other. The Getaway Car is more than a simple romance, it’s got a deep mystery, not just from Maggie or Talon, but both of them. They’re each hiding a secret that meant they had to get out of town quickly ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Leddy Harper had to use her imagination often as a child. She grew up the only girl in a house full of boys. At the age of fourteen, she decided to use that imagination and wrote her first book, and never stopped.

She often calls writing her therapy, using it as a way to deal with issues through the eyes of her characters.

She is now a mother of three girls, leaving her husband as the only man in a