Start by marking “El cazador (Joona Linna, #6)” as Want to Read:
El cazador (Joona Linna, #6)

El cazador

(Joona Linna #6)

Empieza a correr ya si no quieres ser su presa...

Después de dos años en una prisión de alta seguridad, Joona Linna sale para asistir a una reunión secreta. La policía necesita su ayuda para detener a un misterioso asesino que se conoce con el nombre de Rabbit Hunter. La única conexión entre las víctimas es que todas escuchan a un niño cantar una rima sobre conejos antes de
Published March 1st 2018 by Reservoir Books (first published October 2016)

To ask other readers questions about El cazador, please sign up.
Jonas Carlsson Amazon says June 5th, 2018. I just read the Danish translation and you definetely have something to look forward to! You can read my review if you'd…moreAmazon says June 5th, 2018. I just read the Danish translation and you definetely have something to look forward to! You can read my review if you'd like.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Anna
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Matt
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this sixth instalment of the Joona Linna series, Lars Kepler reminds readers what true Scandinavian psychological thrillers are meant to entail. When Sweden’s Foreign Minister is murdered by someone lurking in the shadows of his own home, the only witness to the event mumbles something that confuses authorities. Joona Linna, Sweden’s most prolific hunter of serial killers is not available to assist, having been sentenced to prison. However, no one is taking any chances and Linna is given a br ...more
Chelsea Humphrey
I am the card carrying #1 fan/president of the Lars Kepler fan club, and I wear my badge with pride.

*Many thanks to the publisher for providing my review copy!
Paromjit
This grisly addition to the Lars Kepler series featuring Detective Joona Lina and Superintendent Saga Bauer is my first introduction to the series. Lars Kepler is apparently a husband and wife writing team. In many ways I found this a difficult read and part of the reason I felt was that I should have read the series in order, there are numerous references to past events that on occasion I felt a little lost, so this is not great as a standalone. This Scandi-Noir thriller is an intensely twisted ...more
Amanda
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Thank you to Netgalley for my copy in exchange for a review. I have not read the other books in this series but was so excited to get this book, I’m overlooking this dilemma!!!

A viscous killer called the rabbit hunter is stalking his victims in a cold brutal fashion. Loved this book and was fully immersed in this book and will definitely read the other books now!!

Not for the faint hearted as this is brutal and creepy but very well written and kept me on the edge of my seat!!

Miriam Smith
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lovereading
"The Rabbit Hunter" is the sixth outing in the series featuring Joona Linna and from what I can tell has been a very highly successful series too. Incredibly written by Lars Kepler - who is actually husband and wife team Alexander and Alexandra Ahndoril - this thriller is one mighty roller coaster of a ride that will guarantee you'll be leaving the lights on at night for sure.
I've haven't been as scared reading a book since 'Intensity' by Dean Koontz and I have to praise the authors for creating
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
SWEDISH REVIEW

Kaninjägaren är otroligt nog den första boken jag läser av Lars Kepler. Som vanligt är tidspress min ursäkt för att ha missat denna fantastiska serie. Men det ger mig fördelen att jag har 5 olästa böcker att ta mig an samt att jag kan skriva en recension utifrån en ny fans synvinkel.

Så hur var Kaninjägaren? För att vara den senaste boken i en en serie så var kändes det väldigt lätt att komma in i boken. I och med att själva handlingen var fristående med återkommande karaktärer s
Linda Eilertsen
Yeah, no, I'm done. I was struggling through the final parts of the last Kepler, too, with all the ridiculous butchering that never seemed to stop. With this one, I read maybe a quarter, put it on the shelf and waited weeks before continuing - which isn't a good sign when it comes to books you're supposed to devour in one sitting. I finished it out of pure stubbornness.

This series isn't for me anymore. I've had it with the silly serial (or spree) killers (and don't get me started on the use of t
Inna
Apr 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rikoskirjat, murhat
I waited eagerly for this book, perhaps too eagerly, because I was a tad disappointed in it. I feel like the most interesting and important characters (Joona and Saga) were left largely to the background, and there was too much irrelevant stuff going on. I loved the tension, the violence and the creepyness of the story, but it was too easy to guess who the hunter was, so the end part of the book was a bit of a letdown. But it was nice to get to read again about Joona and Saga, and I hope that th ...more
Syeda Sumayya Tariq
This was amazing, I absolutely loved it. It was a bit slow in the begining and I find that whole "terrorist" part quite boring and unnecessary, but as the story moved forward to its core it got absolutely nail biting, and kept me on the edge of the seat throughout its length. And that ending omg, I'm hyper ventilating, how long do I have wait for the next book, 'cause I really can't!
I was a bit dissapointed with how the previous book ended and all the injustice done to Joona, but thank god for
Marie the Librarian
Well this was intense and twisted like Kepler usually does it. Buuut it lacked a little bit.. although that ending was creepy as f.
Jo
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lars Kepler is probably the most intense of the Scandinavian authors I've read, He's very similar to Jeffrey Deaver of Dean Koontz. This is a great series but its not for everyone, it is very bloody and not for the squeamish.
Rita Costa (Lusitania Geek)
I always love to read Lars Kepler novels, the Joona Lina Series, this time with Saga Baueronce again.

Very good reading, not as exciting as the previous ones. Crime, police investigation and nordic mystery, what else ? I absolutely love their writing style and the way they tell the story. I do recommend to read this one, thou 😊 4 stars
Elaine Tomasso
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank Netgalley and HarperCollins UK, HarperFiction for a review copy of The Rabbit Hunter, the sixth novel to feature Swedish detective Joona Linna.

Joona is in prison when a rich man is murdered by a masked gunman. Strangely the gunman doesn't harm the prostitute who witnesses it but the rich man's identity causes a terror alert and Joona is offered his freedom in return for discovering the prime suspect's plans. When it becomes apparent that they are dealing with a spree killer
Nedima Sinanovic
So having digested the first five books in one reading I felt that this one fell short. It was overwritten, lacked a unique storyline and in the end felt like it was published for the sake of publishing a book. The only good part of was the epilogue, which really sparked an interest in the next book. But this one sadly leaves me with no thrill like the first book - Hypnotist, or the Stalker.
Dimitris Passas
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
''The Rabbit Hunter'' is a novel I was eagerly expecting since the release date of the English edition (3rd of May 2018) was announced. I can now say that it was well worth the waiting as this book contains all the necessary ingredients of a first-class, page-turning crime/thriller and the reader has the opportunity to devour the qualities that have become the trademark of the Swedish writers Alexander and Alexandra Ahndoril (Lars Kepler is their nom de plume). This novel is the sixth installmen ...more
Bettie
Princess Tuvstarr by John Bauer

Description: There’s a face at the window. A stranger wearing a mask stands in the shadow of a garden. He’s watching his first victim through the window. He will kill him slowly, make it last – play him a nursery rhyme – make him pay.

A killer in your house. There’s only one person the police can turn to – ex-Detective Joona Linna – but he’s serving time in a high-security prison. So they offer him a chance to secure his freedom: help superintendent Saga Bauer track
Rowena Hoseason
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
This is a perfectly serviceable Scandi crime thriller. Dastardly psycho killer has spent years seething and scheming fiendishly, coming up with a dastardly plan to exact appalling retribution upon his enemies. His victims ain’t exactly saints, and they probably deserve a tiny little bit of being stalked, tortured, maimed and murdered.
So far, so fine.

In the opposing corner we have Joona Linna, disgraced detective, currently a convict. An apparent terrorist attack and a convoluted conspiracy theor
Sydney Stylites
Glad I made the effort to stick with this and read it all the way to the end.
The first half is all over the place. I had no idea why anything was happening at all. There were Afghan migrants, human traffickers, and oh prostitutes. So much about prostitutes. It seemed more like a social commentary novel on the ugly underbelly of Sweden and less the thriller it was touted to be.
It took more than a 100 pages to get to the first mention of that haunting nursery rhyme for one.
The first murder itself
Rute Rcp
Lone Matz
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very exciting, a real page turner. :-)
Paul
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lars Kepler is a pair of authors that I have come to have great trust, Each time I pick up one of there books I get lost for a couple of days. Their books are always well thought out and give me a workout for my mind. I could rave about these two allday and have been more than happy to recommend them to people I know on more than one instance. They have also given me a pair of characters I actually care about and want to see what is happening to them even if they have caused me more than once to ...more
Kamilla
No matter how hard I try and think about my feelings regarding this book, I can't give it more than three stars. Here's why:
I have waited so long for the 6th book in the Joona Linna series, so there was much anticipation and high expectations. Stalker, the 5th book, still gives me the creeps years later when I think about it. But upon reading this book, I couldn't help feeling underwhelmed and disappointed.
The first 200pages were agony to read as none of the chapters seemed to make sense, none
Vegard
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Has "Nordic Noir" become a "Slaughterhouse Noir"? Are these guys competing with other suspense authors in descriptions of advanced ways to dispose of the victims? The authors can't even keep track of the killer's victims. One of them sailed away to Finland with his guts on the floor, never to be mentioned again. The suspense of the story gets lost in endless details. Maybe cutting back on the length would help?
Kristin
Jan 13, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Far too violent and grotesque! The plot was good, but the horrible and unneccesary animal scenes was total overkill and made the book nearly unreadable for me - far to long and repetitive. Guess this will be my last Kepler-novel!
Nicole
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very exciting read from the very first page!
Simoné Eloff
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yeesh. How's that for an opening scene? And no, I'm not referring to the prologue of the guy peeing on someone's patio furniture.

This is the sixth book in a series I absolutely adore, although it's my first review of any of the books. (My first official book review ever, in fact. Yay me!) In light of this, let me make it clear that the Joona Linna series ranks as one of my favourite crime/mystery series ever. It's always a happy day when I discover that a new instalment has been released and is
Cheryl M-M
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s Scandinavian Noir with a smidgen of horror and side-helping of psychological thriller. It’s dark, and as it gets deeper, it gets a lot darker.

Lars Kepler is the pseudonym for husband and wife writing duo Alexander Ahndoril and Alexandra Coelho Ahndoril. Their stories can be gruesome, bloody and cross some boundaries. If you know Lars Kepler books then you know what you are letting yourself in for in terms of bloody, graphic violence and sexual violence.

There is an automatic assumption about
Todd Simpson
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply Brilliant, I loved it. I was so happy when I saw that this book was 528 pages, as Lars Kepler are two Authors that can definitely hold your attention with a longer story. They certainly didn’t disappoint, as the plot in this book is one of their best. Joona Linna and Saga Bauer are exceptional characters, and they are one of the many reasons I’ve enjoyed all six books in this series.
Joona Linna was getting used to being locked up in prison, with it’s day to day routines. Helping a felon
Laurel
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At the end of Stalker, (Joona Linna #5) Joona is sentenced to 4 years in prison. He is still in prison at the beginning of The Rabbit Hunter, but when Sweden's Foreign Minister is murdered the government needs his help to solve the crime. It is believed that the murder is the beginning of a terrorist plot. Saga Bauer, from previous Kepler thrillers, is also working with Joona. The body count begins to rise...
I love Joona Linna! He is my favorite detective, but there was not enough of him in Rabb
tay
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
This book has made me so happy, and so angry at the same time. It’s an amazing crime book, and I loved the different POV’s from both killer and police authorities. I don’t read many crime books as I end up putting them down as the writing annoys me. It’s very hard to find a decent one to read, but Lars Kepler is amazing.

It was absolutely brutal, but would definitely recommend caution while reading if you’re easily triggered. It’s disturbing and sad, and it hit me right in the feels. The ending
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
English Translati...: Lars Kepler - The Rabbit Hunter 1 5 Aug 09, 2019 08:41AM

• Den 13. disippel (Bjørn Beltø, #5)
  • Mios blues (Martin Benner, #2)
  • De underkända (Sebastian Bergman, #5)
  • Sov du lilla videung (Rönning & Stilton, #4)
  • Den femte årstiden (Malin Fors, #5)
  • Inland (Berger & Blom, #2)
  • De hængte hunde (Niels Oxen, #1)
  • När skönheten kom till Bro (Maria Wern #13)
  • Arton grader minus (Fabian Risk, #3)
  • Hennes iskalla ögon (Hammarbyserien, #6)
  • Den farliga leken (Anders Knutas, #8)
  • Andra andningen (Emma Sköld, #2)
  • Kalypso (Fredrik Beier, #2)
  • Vänd dig inte om
Lars Kepler is the pseudonym of critically acclaimed husband and wife team Alexander Ahndoril and Alexandra Coelho Ahndoril, authors of the No. 1 internationally bestselling Joona Linna series. With seven installments to date, the series has sold 13 million copies in 40 languages. The Ahndorils were both established writers before they adopted the pen name Lars Kepler, and have each published seve ...more

Joona Linna (7 books)
  • The Hypnotist (Joona Linna, #1)
  • The Nightmare (Joona Linna, #2)
  • Eldvittnet (Joona Linna, #3)
  • The Sandman (Joona Linna, #4)
  • Stalker (Joona Linna, #5)
  • Lazarus (Joona Linna, #7)