Start by marking “Pieces of Eight (Mad Love Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Pieces of Eight (Mad Love Duet, #2)

Pieces of Eight

(Mad Love Duet #2)

4.58  ·  Rating details ·  335 Ratings  ·  151 Reviews
Six was always there, even when I didn’t want him.

But he couldn’t hold me together, and I couldn’t be his penance.

Loss is a phantom limb. No one can see it, but the ache torments you in the night, distracts you during the day, and leaves you fragmented. I’m half a heart, half a soul, and nothing could cure the pieces he’d left behind.

Losing him was safer than loving him.
Published May 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Pieces of Eight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pieces of Eight

Dri ✰
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
★ 4 “No one saves us but ourselves” stars!! ★

“My heart didn’t beat the way it used to. Mira now was a woman untethered to the earth—like a forgotten balloon, let go to soar into the atmosphere, into nothingness.”

Acompanhar a jornada da Mira foi uma experiência intensa, dolorosa e incrível!
Definitivamente ela foi uma personagem especial e conseguiu com êxito deixar a sua marca no meu coração!

“There was nothing in that moment, nothing at all. Just two hearts beating and a thousand words unsai
Paige
4.5 “Fight” Stars

A journey of a story filled with pain, hope, recovery and redemption.

I voluntarily read an ARC of this book. A is for Alpha B is for Books
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ★'s

“No one saves us but ourselves.”

This story starts three years after the last one ended and unfortunately not a lot is explained. Mira is finding herself though and that makes things almost worth it.

I thought the first book was angsty but HOLY HELL...this one had it in spades. I found myself shaking my head and not believing what I was reading. This was not the Six we came to know and love. (It. Must. Be. A. Job. was all I was thinking!)

My favorite thing is Mira's honesty. I know, funny
Ashley (5171MilesBooks)
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Read this review and many more at: 5171 Miles Book Blog.

I've taken days to write this review because I simply don't know what to say about this book. We're not even halfway through the year yet, and I've already read so many amazing novels. I honestly am scared about making a list of favorites at the end of the year! Whitney Barbetti's Mad Love Duet is without a doubt going to make the list.

Pieces of Eight is the follow-up to Six Feet Under and it could not have been done more perfectly. Whitne
Carla Bulian
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just WOW!!!! No more words!!!!
Terrific book!!!!!
Paula
May 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
I honestly don't know how to rate this book. Did I enjoy it? No. Can I recommend to others? Absolutely NOT! But if you are one that likes messy relationship-type stories and screwed up characters, then this one is for you!

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

Why? Because if you read "Six Feet Under", then you know that this is the sequel. Mira, in the first book was a mess! From alcohol & drug abuse to cutting herself and so on. Six (or William) in the first book was her boyfriend of 10 years who cleaned up
ari.
OKAY I have to give it to Barbetti. She is one hell of a writer. Fucking perfect conclusion to this fucked up story.
Stacy
5 STARS!!!!

“I hate you and I love you in the same breath, and I’m not sure what to do about that.”

OH. MY. HEART. I just finished this book, and the tears won’t stop rolling down my face. I remember the last time a book made me feel this way and it was a long time ago. I’m going to do my best at describing how I feel about this story, but I’m afraid my words won’t do it justice. This was a long journey between book one and two, and if you give this series a chance I promise you won’t be disapp
Priscilla Slone
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"The deeper you suffered, the deeper you loved."

This duet is not your typical run of the mill romance. I FELT every emotion and feeling as if it was my own. It was raw, gritty, painful and honest. I have not felt this strongly about a book, but just a few times in my life. I have read many amazing five star books by different authors. But this duet was a once in a lifetime kind of feeling for me. I know that my words will not be adequate enough, but I must try to make you understand how importan
Talon
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I hated him so much. I loved him more."

I have never been more proud of Whitney Barbetti than I am right here in this moment. After finishing Pieces of Eight and delving into my feelings I realized I had felt happiness and contention more than I ever have before. I'm sad that Mira & Six's story is over, but I am not sad about getting there and experiencing these two characters lives, together & separately.

My favorite thing about Pieces of Eight was Mira & Six (naturally) but let m
Mandie
Shelves: 5-star, arc
This book was AMAZING!! I thought the first book was amazing, but this book blows the first one of the duet out of the water!! So beautiful, and raw!! I’m feeling so many emotions!! This It’s one of those books that rips your heart out, and puts it back together again!! This book will be with me for a long time to come!!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own
Briana Pacheco
I went into this not knowing what to expect because I didn't really love Six Feet Under 😞 but OHMYGOD I loved this one so much more and I wish this one was longer! Mira and Six were 😍 Barbetti didn't disappoint!
Laura- BookBistroBlog
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pieces of Eight (Mad Love Duet #2)
By: Whitney Barbetti
5 I want you. Just. You Stars!!!

Before diving into this book, please take note that its book 2 of a duet. You must read Six Feet Under (Mad Love Duet #1) first.

If ever there was a book that after the ending of book 1 I needed stat, this would be the one!!! Completely devastated at the cliffy with Six Feet Under would be a correct statement. So, when this one landed on my kindle, drop everything and forget the family…I had to know…I needed to
Tiffany Silver
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are no words. I mean there are, but they’re all jumbled in my head right now.

That was cathartic AF.

Six was the more unlikeable character in this one (i thought) . AND I LOVED THAT. He seemed so perfect in SFU. And in this one he made me so angry. Mira was sarcastic. Witty. Neurotic a little. This book made me laugh as much as it made me ache. And omg the ache. It was a slow burn getting to the end. And the ending is so worth it. The ending was perfection. It was a realistic ending, thus t
Brooke
Shelves: may-2018
Whitney Barbetti is a master at her craft. I just wanted to start off with that, because it couldn't be more true.

I absolutely loved the first book in this duet Six Feet Under, here is my review for it!

But this is about Pieces Of Eight and boy this was just as good as the first book. I couldn't stop reading!! I loved how you got to see how the characters were as individual people when they were split apart.

Mira has come so far from where she was before. She is such a string woman, when she is so
Vanessa (nessreads)
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*ARC kindly exchanged for an honest review*

5 "Fight" Stars!!!!!

I'm trying. Trying so hard to write a review that is worthy of this masterpiece. But honestly, no amount of words can do this book, this duet, justice. At the end of Six Feet Under my heart was obliterated to pieces, and all those pieces were scattered everywhere. There was nothing that could put those jagged pieces back together. That was until, Pieces of Eight. POE swooped in taking those pieces and gently put my heart back togethe
Cindy M. Green
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, wow! I didn’t read the blurb before diving into this emotional journey. I wasn’t sure what to expect from Mira and Six, but the impact they made will not soon be forgotten. Their relationship is an emotional rollercoaster, the ups and downs happen within a blink of an eye barely giving you time to catch your breath. As hard as it was to read at times, I’m thrilled I took the time to meet this amazing couple.

There are so many words to describe this love story. It was heartbreaking, hone
EscapeNBooks
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pieces of Eight by Author Whitney Barbetti is book two in the Mad Love Duet. It is a second chance for two soulmates.

“One day, when my body is six feet under and covered in dirt and grass, when my skin has turned to ash, and all I am is dust in a wood and metal box, I will still be someone you loved once. And that will be enough. It will have to be.”

We were left with one of the most heartbreaking endings at the conclusion of Six Feet Under. Six and Mira’s lives forever changed, and the people t
Nancy Reads
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
PIECES OF EIGHT is the sequel to SIX FEET UNDER and the final book in THE MAD LOVE DUET. It should not be read as a standalone. The Duet is written by the very talented author Whitney Barbetti.

This book picks up with Mira forcing Six to leave. Neither Six or Mira could've foreseen that she would be the one to walk away. But there she was, a new chapter in her life, heading toward an unknown future. That empty feeling extended through out her entire being especially her now broken heart. He was g
Heather Bass
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, my heart is still trying to heal itself from all of the emotions it endured. This is the second book to the Mad Love duet. You will need to read the first one before you read the conclusion to this unique couple. This talented author exceeded all my expectations in this story. I was so excited to read this book I stopped what I was reading and started this one instead. I could not put this book down. I was so hooked I stayed up all night and finished this book in one sitting.

This book star
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰

Pieces of Eight is the conclusion to this duet.

After the end of book, one I could not wait to read this book. This one starts from where the first book left us.

Mira is trying to start a new life on her own. She is dealing with everything that has happened she pushed Six away but she still loves him she is trying to heal, A few years pass and she has been getting on with her life. Until her life comes crashing down when she comes face to face with Six after 3 years, A man she never thought she w
Arivanh
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an emotional train ride this duet was. Keep those tissues handy!

Six Feet Under left us with a cliffy that I didn't know was coming and book 2 picks up where book 1 left off, Mira is picking up the pieces of her life without Six. We get to see her rebuild herself, removing the toxins from her former life and starting over and with the help of friends and therapy she becomes a stronger, more independent woman who is no longer dependent on alcohol and drugs or people. However, while keeping h
Zilpha Owens
5 So Worth It Mad Love Stars

I was so anxious for the completion of Mira & Six’s story that I read it in a day and it did not disappoint. Pieces of Eight is not just a love story. It’s a story of healing, growth and acceptance. It’s a deep discovery of learning to deal with the person that you are and loving that person no matter what. Mira and Six don’t have an easy journey but honestly what journey worth having ever really is? My heart ached and it soared. My mind raced with all the thought
Diary Of Book Fiend
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am in absolute love with all things Six & Mira!

Whitney Barbetti took me on an emotional ride and didn't let me off until she broke every piece of my heart and then slowly put it back together.

I did not want this book to end at all. I am so sad it's over.

When the book begins it stars off exactly where Six Feet Under left us. Six has just left and Mira is in the hospital completely gutted. It was heartbreaking.

But she didn't do what I expected her to do and for that I am so happy.

I don't
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t even know where to start. This book was the best journey, And also the hardest. I absolutely devoured these words. I could not have asked for a better ending.

The heartache.

The anger.

The hate.

The change.

I will forever live for These characters.

Must read.
Crystal B
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5*
Alissa
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“This is what love looks like when it isn’t wrapped with lies.” What a perfect conclusion to Mira & Six’s unconventional story!! I absolutely LOVED the angst in this book. The push and pull, the back and forth of yearning and longing and heartbreak. Perfection. Yes, this was a love story that was unconventional and different but really this book belongs to Mira. I just loved seeing how much she changed and grew from then to now.

“I could feel it shifting within me; the new season of Mira.”

I
Vivi Chatzikiriakou
"Pieces of Eight is the ending of a Duet any reader should read. Under its raw layers there is a tender heart, that still bleeds, but fights hard to maintain healthy and real. Whitney Barbetti with this Duet delivers a story with one goal only. To be Mad in Love with it. "

Book rates: 5+stars
Plot: 5+stars
Characters: 5+starts
Writing: 5+stars
Pacing: 5+stars
Cover: 5+stars

Hero: Six (William)
Heroine: Mira (Mirabela)

"I received a complimentary copy of this book and have volunteered to leave a review.
Suey_Library
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***Received an Advanced Readers Copy in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Foreword PR and Whitney Barbetti for gifting the eBook for the read***

Tickle my pickle, we are back! Sweet baby Jesus I needed Pieces of Eight and I needed it weeks ago after that cliffhanger of emotions.

If you haven't picked up the Mad Love Duet yet, you are truly missing out. This duet has captivated me body and soul. The emotional roller-coaster that sent me tumbling into a feeble position to sulk was overwhelmi
Aurora (Whoo Gives A Hoot)
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
Pieces of Eight is the highly anticipated follow up to Whitney Barbetti's emotionally raw and beautifully captivating Six Feet Under...

The first book in the Mad Love Duet just about obliterated my heart so I wasn't sure how it was going to hold up during this story, but I think that the author's beautifully captivating writing helped mend my heart (almost completely) by the end of Pieces of Eight.

After that emotionally heartbreaking ending in Six
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
***Please message me via my website - I am almost never on Goodreads! Thank you!***

Join my Facebook fan group (not a street team) for first looks at upcoming books, exclusive cover reveals, and giveaways!

I am the author of new adult and contemporary romance novels. Please visit my website to see all of my current novels.

Mad Love Duet (2 books)
  • Six Feet Under (Mad Love Duet, #1)
“Because if I reached ten, I would’ve reached the max, with no more room for love to grow.” He stepped closer still, until our breaths mixed in the air suspended between us. “You’d never be my ten. Because I’d never reach the peak of loving you.” 2 likes
“No one saves us but ourselves,” 1 likes