Start by marking “A Dance With Darkness (Otherworld Academy, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Dance With Darkness (Otherworld Academy, #1)

A Dance With Darkness

(Otherworld Academy #1)

I’ve always felt like an outsider. Until my eighteenth birthday, I didn’t know how true that was. First, I started seeing strange things. Then, the tips of my ears began to shift. Now, even touching something made of iron makes me sick.

Am I losing my mind?

When four mysterious fae males corner me in the street, they bring terrifying news: I’m not human. I’m a changeling, a
Published March 27th 2018 (first published March 24th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about A Dance With Darkness, please sign up.
Hannah G A little. The heroine lives at the academy. But the academy/school isn't the primary focus of the book. This book doesn't have very much school activi…moreA little. The heroine lives at the academy. But the academy/school isn't the primary focus of the book. This book doesn't have very much school activities or details in it. The book is mainly centered around the Fae courts, the celtic otherworld, red caps, faery politics, and a light soon to be reverse harem romance.(less)

Start your review of A Dance With Darkness (Otherworld Academy, #1)
Nadhira Satria
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: guilty-pleasures
4 STARS!

Reread!! Oh my godddddd I'm so glad I reread this because the author actually edited the shit out if it and rewrote so much content AND IM SO HAPPY YO ITS SO GOOD. So if you read this before, please read it again!!!

Pre-reread review:

So ya girl got kindle unlimited and stumbled across this book and found the synopsis interesting and decided to read it out of nowhere. I've never even heard the existence of this book before and not a single one of my friends have it in their shelf so I was
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
A Reverse Harem book where the issues I have are minuscule, color me shocked.

This is a relatively clean RH, Norah has four guys which she feels a connection to when she should only connect with one, there's some magic, some animal out to get her, it is a bit cliched but I liked it! .

Best believe I have book two already waiting .
✨Skye✨
Well, I just spent a very enjoyable morning flying through this little gem! I knew nothing about it going in, but saw it on Kindle Unlimited and realised it would work well for a challenge. As a reverse harem fantasy about the Fae world, complete with seasonal Courts, it was giving me serious ACOTAR x Kit Davenport vibes, so I thought I'd give it a go. It's not mind-blowing or fantastic literature, but it was a very fun, mindless fantasy read that I ended up really liking!
This book follows Norah
Dena
Apr 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Characters

This was a hard book for me to read. The writing was good and it flowed really nicely. I just wasn't really interested in the characters. The girl didn't really entice me to see what would happen next with her.
Runningrabbit
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I’m only dancing

KU
Despite the weird looking cover this wasa harmless reverse harem novel that would currently grade as YA. The characters are all pretty normal and this is fairly typical of the fae fantasy genre.
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yassss this was freaking awesome!! I am so freaking happy we’re getting more fantasy RH!! Add this to my list of new favorites! I can’t wait for book 2!
Avid
Apr 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Only got 24% of the way into this book before I had to put it down. The book began with incredibly annoying cliches. Authors take note: in a dark dance club, with pink and green lights bouncing off the neon walls, there is NO WAY a person will be able to see someone else’s eye color across the room. There is also no way a teenager who is buying booze illegally is going to run off and leave the drinks after paying for them.

Plot problem: these guys are supposed to be taking her back to the land o
Mo
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Book 1

The Fae world felt authentic. Saving Bree with something I did not think would happen, but Norah did it. Who was her human mother? Who gave her the necklace? Is Norah the child of Marin? These are questions hopefully I will receive answers to in the next book. I adore Kael. Finn and the others are not as memorable. I will definitely be reading the next book in the series. Happy reading!
Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon)
October Kindle Unlimited BotM at the URR™ ❇

Boring + Predictable = Nope ÷ (Stupid + Eyeroll) = Noooooooope²
Searcy
You know what...that was surprisingly good! And even better...the next book is out in just a couple weeks :)

3.75 to 4 stars

Okay, so if you can get past the extremely timid cliché heroine, Norah, and can push through the wonky pacing in the first third of the book, this is a surprisingly enjoyable read.

Yes, Norah can be frustrating (just look at my ranting as I was reading). So can more than half of the MC's in RH novels it seems. However, she shows a great deal of character development and growt
Jillian
This was an okay to start to the series. I enjoyed the characters and the overall storyline. The writing was a bit dull at times and didn't grab me as much as I would have liked.

Even though this is a RH book, nothing more than a kiss or two happens in this book. She is mostly just getting to know the 4 guys who will be her mates.

I am interested in what happens from here but not enough to actually pay for the next books. Since they are in KU, I will give book 2 a go and see if I enjoy the writi
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
Meh. About par for the YA reverse harem novels I've read thus far but definitely nothing to be impressed by. Really was just interested in it because fae stories are my forte. :P Undecided if I'll continue the series. ...more
Penny
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Ms. Wolfhart’s since I first read the Bone Coven Chronicles series. To be honest, young/new adult is a genre I try not to read much of just because there are so many books to read and so little time. However, since I am a big fan of Ms. Wolfhart’s, I went ahead and tried this book. What a great book it was and just emphasizes why I am such a big fan! This book was full of great action and mystery, had wonderful characters I loved, and a plot that kept me guessing from beginn ...more
lauren
Mar 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Mah...

I'm not sure if I liked or hated this story. I did finish it though. the plot is pretty much what held my interest, I'm a big fan of fae, and this storyline had me guessing what was going on in a intriguing way. Downs, well first I didn't like out main girl. She felt weak and plain ignorant of answers right in front of her face. I rolled my eyes at her inner thoughts, and when brave she still stood weak minded, It was a sad struggle to really like her. And the chemistry? Well where was it,
Taniqua Cary
Jun 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Sooo this book was pretty okay. I liked it enough to want to keep reading it, which seems to be difficult for me these days. I liked that I finally found a RH that isn’t all about sex and hardly a plot. This one had amazing side characters that were the MC friends, and the guys weren’t overly crazy.

I just just thought this was a little bit on the cheesy side and while I actually like stories with mate connections and stuff like that, this one felt a little bit weird. I’m not sure why. I’ll prob
Isabela
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, 2018
This book had a lot of potential - it is RH but all the guys have very distinct personalities, which I really appreciate, and the main character is not a pain in the ass. However, I think it was way too rushed - a lot of cool scenes were under-developed, and could have turned out so much better. The same goes to the story as a whole, considering everything that happened in this book, it could have had 200 extra pages. It was still entertaining, though.. :)
Airwreckah
Jun 03, 2018 rated it liked it
More 2. Something- the writing is technically fine but the plot was thin and fell into a lot of Mary Sue weaknesses: clumsy, all powerful, beautiful, purest heart becomes magical queen blah blah. Thinly developed characters with no real well developed nonprotag women
Harriet
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Completely predictable. I just found it boring, and lacking any real depth with the charters and their relationships.
C.J.
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a well built story and a good introduction to a new series. I liked all the characters and I’m looking forward to them all developing their relationships.
Tara ✨
Jul 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Sped through this first instalment in the Otherworld Academy series. It was a enjoyable read and I’ll be moving onto the second book pronto
Mummy's Naughty Corner
Well this actually sucked me in and I had fun guessing some of the story line. I am left with a few questions but hopefully they will be answered later on. I like the growing relationships and how each guy is completely different from the others. I like the action and the story which is slowly being unearthed.
⋆☆☽ Kriss ☾☆⋆
January 24, 2019: Currently the entire trilogy is on sale on Kindle for like another day, so if you were interested, snatch them up now at 99 cents each! Normally they're $2.99 a piece and, in my opinion, that's very overpriced.

I'm not very discerning when it comes to pretty covers, I'll admit it. I love digital paintings like this and really think the artist has a lovely style, so the cover art gets 5/5 from me and I hope the artist does more book covers in the future.

I also love faeries and w
Victoria
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
All Norah wanted was to be normal and accepted. What she got was being a changeling fae... After tragic events force her to go to Otherworld to attend the Academy, it seems something is seriously amiss: not only is she attracted to the 4 fae men who brought her there but there is unrest between the courts, monsters are on the loose and now even the changelings are being targeted...

My take on the book:
The first two chapters had me shaking my head, trying to think of the reasons I so wanted to re
Anna
I am leaving rating off on this one because I don’t know how to rate it. I have very mixed feelings about this book.

First thing first, I picked this book up without knowing anything about it. It was very much a cover buy, and yes, I know that’s stupid, but I loved the artwork and it gave me some fairytale sleeping beauty vibes. But that was definitely not what the book was about.
Due to the fact that I hadn’t informed myself about what the book was about, I didn’t know that it was a RH (Reserve
Anne
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reverse-harem

This is one of those reads that will sneak upon you, take you by surprise and sweep you off your freaking two left feet. Ahem. The heroine has grown before my eyes, from a seemingly weak, naive and a tad whiny girl, she flourished into a strong, more than capable woman. And I'm not just talking about her powers and skills as a changeling. I'm talking about her character. I felt so guilty and ashamed to raise my nose down at her for a moment. I'm so glad she finally found where she belonged and t

Chelsey Nixon
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
SPOILER WORLD

So as per usual, I’m going to give you my list of thoughts as they care to be, just beware that the list is short because pretty soon i was so sucked into the book that I completely forgot to keep notes. I cannot wait to read the next one.

As always:

Nothing cool ever happened to me on my 18th birthday.

Okay so I guess what is happening right now is not so COOL and it is SUCKY.

Hahahahahah.

Rourke. That’s a sexy name.

Um, dang. That’s rough. Interesting though.

Hmm. I’ve watched things tha
Crystal Williams
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I hate the cover!
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved this book. Great characters and a great story line. I had a hard time putting it down. On to A Song of Shadows.
mysticofworlds
Vanessa
I didn't finish this. If at one third I still cannot care less about the characters then I'll probably never care. The start is very slow, the only character I liked was killed just to give the main character a motivation, and although she's not too stupid I still didn't find her and her monologue interesting. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Power of Five (Power of Five, #1)
  • Runes of Truth (A Demon's Fall #1)
  • Mistake of Magic (Power of Five, #2)
  • First Impressions (Fated Wings, #1)
  • Royals (Shifter Royalty Trilogy, #1)
  • Wings of Ice (Protected by Dragons, #1)
  • Shadow Kissed (The Witch's Rebels, #1)
  • Marked By Power (The Marked, #1)
  • Royally Exposed (Her Royal Harem #2)
  • Forgotten Specters (Fated Wings, #2)
  • Consort of Secrets (The Witch's Consorts #1)
  • Bane of Dragons (Sera's Curse #1)
  • Of Wolves & Witches (Arcane Arts Academy, #1)
  • Variant Lost (The Evelyn Maynard Trilogy, #1)
  • Hopeless Magic (Hopeless #1)
  • Trial of Three (Power of Five, #3)
  • Runes of Mortality (A Demon's Fall #2)
  • Luna (The Luna, #1)
Jenna Wolfhart spends her days tucked away in her writing shed. When she's not writing, she loves to deadlift, rewatch Game of Thrones, and drink copious amounts of coffee.

Born and raised in America, Jenna now lives in England with her husband, her two dogs, and her mischief of rats.

Otherworld Academy (6 books)
  • A Song of Shadows (Otherworld Academy, #2)
  • A Touch of Starlight (Otherworld Academy, #3)
  • A Cage of Moonlight (Dark Fae Academy, #1)
  • A Heart of Midnight (Dark Fae Academy, #2)
  • A Throne of Illusions (Otherworld Academy, #6) (Dark Fae Academy, #3)