Start by marking “Seeds of Greatness: The Ten Best-Kept Secrets of Total Success” as Want to Read:
Seeds of Greatness: The Ten Best-Kept Secrets of Total Success

Seeds of Greatness: The Ten Best-Kept Secrets of Total Success

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  249 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
The ten seeds Waitley shares include Self-Esteem, Creativity, Responsibility, Wisdom, Purpose, Communication, Faith, Adaptability, Perseverance, and Perspective.
Published February 1st 1988 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published January 1st 1973)

To ask other readers questions about Seeds of Greatness, please sign up.

Christopher Lewis Kozoriz No, I just finished this book and I decided to look through it for you to answer your question. I went through all the pages twice and I didn't see…moreNo, I just finished this book and I decided to look through it for you to answer your question. I went through all the pages twice and I didn't see the poems you mentioned. Thanks.(less)

Katherine
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read
This was the first self development book that I ever read and this was when I was about 15-16, maybe even 17.. I loved it! It was when/after I read this book that I discovered my love for self help and development. This book is a must read and re-read. It's a must get, and a book that I proudly own. Furthermore, it's a book that should be read once a year and be kept through life for reference, support and reminder. I really love and have a special connection and appreciation to this book. Idk i ...more
Diane
Jun 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
I read Seeds of Greatness by Denis Waitley many years ago.
He reviews ten simple "secrets" for living a happy and successful life. His chapter titles are:
The Seed of Self-Esteem
The Seed of Perspective

It's a real classic!
Terri
Mar 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has been the most memorable and biggest life impact book I have ever read. Originally read in my mid twenties. Reading it again at 50!
Susan Langlois
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First read this in 1983. Have read it at least 15 times over. It is filled with powerful words, stories and scriptures that anchor our lives to Biblical principals. Religious? Not really. Meaningful? To me, absolutely. Plus, it has withstood the test of time. I recommend this book because the 'secrets' of success Denis Waitley shares are actually secrets of lifelong preservation and balance.
Audrey
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a 5 star in terms of helpful , creative, and entertaining (especially for business owners/entrepreneurs).Everyone benefits from this book. There are a few perspectives that feel outdated/ill informed that nowadays would be more widely accepted. 3-4 stars in that case. But generally a very good book once you get past the parts that don't jive with our world as it is today.
Brian
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were some useful suggestions for managing a mastermind group, which I found helpful.
Christopher Lewis Kozoriz
"Isn't it time we switched from washing our minds with "soaps" to programming our minds with goals?
The mind is goal-seeking by design. Successful individuals have game plans and purposes that are clearly defined and to which they constantly refer. They know where they are going every day, every month, and every year. Things don't just happen in their lives. They make life happen for themselves and their loved ones. They know the difference between goal-achieving actions, and activities that are
Chris Columbus
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book opened my eyes at 22 years old to the "possibilities" my parents, school and others never mentioned to me growing up. Let me tell you how I found this book:

After a bad day working for a mean old man who told me my days were numbered, I was heading towards the bus stop feeling really dejected and worthless. My life sucked and I was fresh out of the Military.

I dropped inside a book store as I wait for the bus, and meandered around the store. On a back row, back of the store, at the lowe
Louis Barbier
This is a great book to read from time-to-time. It offers some wonderful suggestions in how to reach your goals or keep working until you reach your goals! From the principles and secrets of total success you will not only reach your goals but be a happier person by reaching the goals you have set up in your life. It is a work in progress, which like navigating the vastness of an ocean you will learn how to make adjustments as you work toward your goals. I am glad I took the time to again review ...more
Laura Lynch
"Seeds of Greatness" lists ten secrets of success, simply presented in an upbeat format. Tips include thinking positive, believing in yourself, perseverance, being kind and learning from life. The book shares inspiring anadotes of people who have overcome incredible odds, such Wilma the Olympic gold medalist who wore leg braces as a child. Easy, enhancing read
Fermin Quant
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent book to get a yourself a better view of the world and of your way of thinking. If you lack self-esteem, you should definitely read it. If you don't lack it, it is still a very helpful read so you can check your daily thoughts, and refresh yourself with quite a few of its funny stories.
Donald Harrison
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't find this in ordinary bookstores; however, managed to grab from a used book store. If someone interested in personal development reads,this will be a treat. Much better read than modern day colourful personal development books.
Genco Yakar
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christine Lee
May 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a great teacing tool to add to learning about life and how we think. The seeds of greatness is very well written and keeps you captured.
Trace
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would rate this 3 stars for myself...but I read this with an eye to having my son read this a few years down the road and with that in mind, I would rate it 4 to 4.5 stars.
Aldo Ruggieri
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone with a open mind who wants to improve their journey
Recommended to Aldo by: so many people
Shelves: owned-read
The principles of this book are true, but the writing and attitudes are dated.
Michelle Beese
Shane
Apr 23, 2011
  • The Friendship Factor: How to Get Closer to the People You Care for
  • The Seasons of Life
  • Maxwell 3-in1 Special Edition: The Winning Attitude,Developing the Leaders Around You,Becoming a Person of Influence
  • Even Eagles Need a Push: Learning to Soar in a Changing World
  • Don't Let Anybody Steal Your Dream
  • Multicultural Education in a Pluralistic Society
  • A Student's Guide To History
  • Over the Top
  • Simple Steps to Impossible Dreams: The 15 Power Secrets of the World's Most Successful People
  • Man of Steel and Velvet
  • Beware the Naked Man Who Offers You His Shirt: Do What You Love, Love What You Do, and Deliver More Than You Promise
  • Creating Your Personal Life Plan: A Step-by-Step Guide for Designing the Life You've Always Wanted
  • Becoming a Master Student
  • Overcoming Overeating: Conquer Your Obsession With Food
  • Jesus CEO: Using Ancient Wisdom for Visionary Leadership
  • Acres of Diamonds
  • Life Is Tremendous
  • A Better Way to Live
One of America's most respected authors, keynote lecturers and productivity consultants on high performance human achievement. 10 million audio programs sold in 14 languages, Denis Waitley is one of the most listened-to voices on personal and career success. A graduate of the U. S. Naval Academy at Annapolis, and former Navy pilot, he holds a doctorate degree in human behavior.
More about Denis Waitley...