Start by marking “Sanctuary Found (Pelican Bay, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sanctuary Found (Pelican Bay, #2)

Sanctuary Found

(Pelican Bay #2)

Coming home should be the easiest thing in the world, but I've never felt more lost...

When his stellar military career comes to an abrupt and terrible end, thirty-two-year-old Maddox Kent returns to the town he never planned to step foot into again, hoping to mend the rift he himself caused with the brother he left behind. But coming home means facing some hard truths abou
Published February 25th 2018 by Sloane Kennedy

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Hot damn but this was good:

✔ enemies-to-lovers (Maddox assumes Isaac is a criminal hiding something, and Isaac gets all in Mac's face),
✔ possessive ex-military man with demons of his own,
✔ femme guy who has a secret penchant for the soft and frilly,
✔ comfort & healing,
✔ opposites attract,
✔ age gap,
✔ sizzling UST,
✔ family-is-what-you-make-it trope,
✔ cute kid,
✔ kittens . . . all that AND
✔ manties!

The best surprise? This book isn't overly angsty, but while the angst isn't OTT and never
Wendy
4.5-stars.png (600×117)

Even though this series is a bit different, than what I was used from Sloane Kennedy, I really enjoyed reading the first book. Now this second one I loved even more !

I was very intrigued with Isaac and his little brother when I first met them in "Locked in Silence". Little Newt stole my heart the moment I met him and he continued to do so throughout this book.

https://www.google.com/search?q=you stole my heart gif

The way Sloane wrote this book, I think it would be possible to read it as a stand alone. My advice however, is to start with book 1, beca
DarienMoya
~LACY PANTIES FOUND~

The second book in the Pelican Bay series and what I like to call the hating ass town. I was kind of iffy about reading this one since the first book pissed me off so much and I didn’t want to deal with that kind of emotion again. Luckily, this book was most focused on the couple and I didn’t have to deal with inhabitants that spend all their days drinking haterade. But, while there was less about the town it didn’t mean there weren’t snippets that pissed me off, and Maddox t
Lyn
I am loving this series so far. I love the way S.K. does small town settings. Needless to say, the Finding series was my favorite. Now there's Pelican Bay, and I'm looking forward to all the future books. Is it just me, or is there less crying going on? What a relief!

Newt was too cute! OMG! Classic S.K.

Susan
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it

This had everything I want in a book. Age-gap, lots of hurt/comfort, a cute effeminate guy, and a tough veteran with PTSD. And even though I liked it, I sometimes felt as if this book would never end. I’m not even sure why that is.

I’m still going with 3.5 stars because I did like it. But I’m not sure if it had that something special I’m looking for in a book.

I would recommend reading the first book before you start this since the story kind of starts there.

Isaac is on the run with his
Eugenia
Mar 07, 2018 rated it liked it
An Off-Balanced Read....

The first third of this book was a mirror of book one, just told from Maddox and Isaac’s points of view. While I suppose this is a good feature for a standalone novel, I read this as a sequel and found myself bored and annoyed by the different POV retelling of a just I had just finished reading. I was soooo ready to put this book aside because I was getting none of the feels of the first (which I loved).

But then, things started to pick up as Isaac and Maddox’s storyline d
Denise H.
***FANTASTIC ! *** We met Isaac in the last book, as he and his little brother Newt arrived at the Animal Sanctuary to return the violin to Nolan.
Isaac, 21, is slim, goth,

with eyeliner, piercings and dark hair with some blue tint.
He is trying to right a wrong, and then be on his way to stay on the run.
Maddox, 32, ex-military,

has come to see his brother, Dallas, Nolan's partner, and owner of the sanctuary. Maddox is tough, hard as nails, and suffers from PTSD, as he is set on righting a wro
Christelle
**3.5 stars**

True to this author : she knows how to write about characters that are so endearing, despite their flaws and their traumas. She’s very prolific and her writing works very well with me. I guess it’s because there is always a lot of emotions pouring through it.

This is the second instalment of the Pelican Bay series. Not really a standalone imo. The previous MCs and all the circumstances that leads toward Isaac and Maddox’s story are very present. A touch too much for me as the first
Cadiva
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another superb story from Sloane

I don't care what she writes about, Sloane Kennedy just meets my book reading desires easily each time.

Her invariably flawed men always have some past trauma which defines their character and they invariably meet someone with the perfect set of personality traits to help them move on.

Her men are also never cured by magic dick either. If they've suffered trauma, then they continue to need to deal with it either through therapy or physical actions and they remain af
Elsa Bravante
Apr 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Exactamente lo mismo puede decir de este libro que del anterior de la serie. Muy entretenido, pero ahí queda todo. Nada de lo que ocurre es creíble, la profundidad de los personajes es inexistente, las situaciones rozan peligrosamente el drama llama...
Eso, entretenido y en el KU.
Tammy
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I wish I could have given this book more stars but I just didn't feel it. Neither Maddox or Isaac I really cared for, both holding out secrets till the bitter end and Isaac would rather prostitute himself than except money from Maddox 🤨🤔 The only reason I finished was because I adored Newt, he made the book for me!!!!!
Marion
I enjoyed Isaac and Maddox’s story. There were a few unexpected surprises that really kept it interesting. Also, no over the top angst, really great sexy times and lots Dallas and Nolan from book one. I’m looking forward to the next book in the series.
Bo
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved it, but it wasn't my favorite. However, now I'm dying for the next one!! Sloane Kennedy always leaves me wanting more.
Chris
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this, Isaac, Mad & Newt - this book had me absolutely consumed and I spent the day thinking about this little family. Isaac’s love for his little brother Newt was beautiful, he was protective, kind and genuine. He taught Newt little life lessons and brought him up to be a caring kid. So in steps Maddox, PTSD and barely managing the reconnection with his brother, finding out he’s attracted to a lithe gay goth boy. Mad figured he wasn’t attracted to anyone but out of the blue comes Isa ...more
Bev
Loving the family dynamic that is growing in this series. Kennedy gives such good hurt/comfort reads and this one is no exception.

Dallas and Nolan are still my favourites, though lil' Newt is in a league of his own. That kid is just too cute.
Bev
Liked this one even more than Locked In Silence...I'm an absolute sucker for stories with kids, animals, big buff ex military men with PTSD who are not afraid to show their gay side [even when they didn't know they had one, go Maddox!!] and young, frightened mantie wearing femme guys who love their brothers to bits and will do everything they can to protect them!! Another reason I liked this one so much was that there was hardly any sex...I know, don't faint you guys 😊...well, for a Sloane Kenne ...more
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
4.5 stars.

“I learned that silence doesn’t mean a person’s got nothing to say. Just means sometimes you have to listen harder to what they aren’t saying.”

This book.

You guys. Sanctuary Found is one of my favorite Sloane Kennedy's book to date. They're usually a hit or a miss for me but I actually really loved this one. Oh and I actually haven't read book 1 and I wasn't lost at all. So this can easily be read as a standalone.

Maddox, Isaac and especially Newton stole a piece of my heart. The
T.A. McKay
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could say so much...I want to say so much...I felt so much!

The love...the burn...the ache for these men...the anger...

I will just say that I freaking loved this book....like so hard! My only problem now is I want the next book NOW!!
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
A few thoughts:

I'm used to Sloane penning a book with amazing characters and great plots. This is true here. What I think, though, is the writing is maturing very, very nicely. It was always great, and now it is outstanding. The sex scenes (in particular) are not formulaic and feel authentic to the characters. The standard formula (hand jobs >> blow jobs >>> anal) gets thrown out the window thank goodness because I am getting bored of it. The sexual tension was there and the encou
David Alexander
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kennedy
~4 Stars
Alexa
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: emotional, favorite
Well. This is Sloane Kennedy so of course I loved it.

I was very intrigued with Isaac and Maddox in book 1 and they delivered...

This story was beautiful. We reconnect with Nolan and Dallas and we find what I love with SK's books:
A family built out of men who were broken, lonely and so lost and they find each other with love and acceptance.
Very cheesy said like that but yeah... This author can write and her words and men always work on me!

description

So. Isaac. 21 in charge of his little brother, Newt, 4.
He's
Claudia
Maddox, Isaac and Newt...
description
I Can't say enough how much in love I am by this book!!!
Isaac is running... life has a way to mess with his plans... He can't trust anyone, he can't depend on anyone, he can't count on anyone to be there for him... or for Newt... but he's running on his last straw... how much more will he be able to keep going without breaking down?
Maddox has his own demons to deal with... the last thing he needs is to worry about a punk kid and his little brother that just showed up on
chandler ainsley ♕
life literally is not complete without finding someone who fully accepts, cherishes, and loves every part of you

it doesn't even have to be with a romantic partner.

buuuuuut obviously in this case, it is. i fucking loved this book. romance and erotica can be really tricky for me. it's often times hard to find that perfect balance of sexy, sweet, and depth of relationship building. and while for me, the first book in this series didn't have that, i was pleasantly surprised to find that this book.

t
Caipi
Not as good as the previous book in the series, but nonetheless an enjoyable, interesting read. Especially the last third of the story was full of emotions!

Definitely looking forward to book 3 :)
River
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it

This one for me wasn't as strong as the first book but it was still a good book.
I love reading something by Sloane that doesn't involve rape xD

I really like the characters and the boy Newt completely stole my heart. I think it was amazing to read all the different themes that she touched here, like PTSD and epilepsy.

This was way kinkier than the first book but still sweet. I'm left wanting more stories and I'm just happy with where this series is going.
Calila
Really great deep emotional read. I just loved reading Maddox and Isaac falling in love. I'd been looking forward to it since the first book and I was not disappointed. I also loved Newt, sometimes authors make child characters too precocious or too infantile, but Newt was like an actual kid. He had his own personality without being too over the top. I wish Maddox's PTSD had gotten a little more focus, I feel like it got mostly forgotten in the wake of Isaac and Newt's issues. There's mentions n ...more
**Kaycee**
**3 stars**

The first 20% of this book was a rehash of the first book, but in another POV. I skimmed right over it since it hadn’t been long since I’d read the first book.

This story of Maddox and Issac was slow in places and although I liked Isaac and cutie pie Lil brother Newt, it was sometimes a struggle to keep engaged.

I also wished the aspect of Maddox having PTSD was explored more. His mental illness seems to have been a huge part of why he’s home and struggling with certain aspects of his
Debbora
Amazing 5 star read! I love this series. Book two can be read as a stand alone, but it does pick up from the end of book one in the series. My suggestion read book one first it’s amazing by itself. This author for me, spins the best mm story’s, full of heart and soul. I can’t wait for book three.
Karen
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars rounded down because still no 1/2 stars here on GR and while I liked the story a bit better than the first one the audio wasn't working an better for me this time around than it did for the first story and again hopefully I'll get a chance to right a better review one day soonish!
Anali
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favoritos
“If you won’t let me be with you, Isaac, then I want you to at least see me every time you look in the mirror, every time you feel the weight of these against your heart. That’s me there. Cherishing you, protecting you… loving you.”

Sanctuary Found es la segunda novela de la saga Pelican Bay y la esperaba con muchas ansias porque que la primera novela, Locked In Silence simplemente me encantó y fue directamente a lista de favoritos. Con esta nueva obra, me he sentido igual. Me ha parecido dem
I don't use Goodreads to communicate with my readers anymore so please contact me via my website or find me on Facebook. Thanks.

Pelican Bay (3 books)
  • Locked In Silence (Pelican Bay, #1)
  • The Truth Within (Pelican Bay #3)
“You stole the Stradivarius.” 0 likes