Start by marking “Sanctuary Found (Pelican Bay, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sanctuary Found (Pelican Bay, #2)

Sanctuary Found

(Pelican Bay #2)

Coming home should be the easiest thing in the world, but I've never felt more lost...

When his stellar military career comes to an abrupt and terrible end, thirty-two-year-old Maddox Kent returns to the town he never planned to step foot into again, hoping to mend the rift he himself caused with the brother he left behind. But coming home means facing some hard truths abou
Published February 25th 2018 by Sloane Kennedy

Start your review of Sanctuary Found (Pelican Bay, #2)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Hot damn but this was good:

✔ enemies-to-lovers (Maddox assumes Isaac is a criminal hiding something, and Isaac gets all in Mac's face),
✔ possessive ex-military man with demons of his own,
✔ femme guy who has a secret penchant for the soft and frilly,
✔ comfort & healing,
✔ opposites attract,
✔ age gap,
✔ sizzling UST,
✔ family-is-what-you-make-it trope,
✔ cute kid,
✔ kittens . . . all that AND
✔ manties!

The best surprise? This book isn't overly angsty, but while the angst isn't OTT and never sin
Wendy
4.5-stars.png (600×117)

Even though this series is a bit different, than what I was used from Sloane Kennedy, I really enjoyed reading the first book. Now this second one I loved even more !

I was very intrigued with Isaac and his little brother when I first met them in "Locked in Silence". Little Newt stole my heart the moment I met him and he continued to do so throughout this book.

https://www.google.com/search?q=you stole my heart gif

The way Sloane wrote this book, I think it would be possible to read it as a stand alone. My advice however, is to start with book 1, beca
DarienMoya
~LACY PANTIES FOUND~

The second book in the Pelican Bay series and what I like to call the hating ass town. I was kind of iffy about reading this one since the first book pissed me off so much and I didn’t want to deal with that kind of emotion again. Luckily, this book was most focused on the couple and I didn’t have to deal with inhabitants that spend all their days drinking haterade. But, while there was less about the town it didn’t mean there weren’t snippets that pissed me off, and Maddox t
Erth
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just love Maddox and Isaac together and Newt is to adorable for words.
You just want to hug and protect Isaac and Newt and it's such a relief that they found Maddox, Nolan and Dallas.
Even if Isaac doesn't trust easily he just can't deny the attraction between him and Maddox. And Maddox may be surprised that he has those type of feelings for a man but he quickly realises that Isaac is the one that is suppose to be his.

I had so many feelings reading this book and Christmas and the dog tags had me
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
I am loving this series so far. I love the way S.K. does small town settings. Needless to say, the Finding series was my favorite. Now there's Pelican Bay, and I'm looking forward to all the future books. Is it just me, or is there less crying going on? What a relief!

Newt was too cute! OMG! Classic S.K.

Susan
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it

This had everything I want in a book. Age-gap, lots of hurt/comfort, a cute effeminate guy, and a tough veteran with PTSD. And even though I liked it, I sometimes felt as if this book would never end. I’m not even sure why that is.

I’m still going with 3.5 stars because I did like it. But I’m not sure if it had that something special I’m looking for in a book.

I would recommend reading the first book before you start this since the story kind of starts there.

Isaac is on the run with his
Barbara➰
I loved this one more than the first. This book had two of my favorite things: A damaged hot alpha and a femme guy who is independent but can't stay away from the man he should run from.

Isaac has had a hard life and only wants to protect his brother. But he also wanted to do the right thing by making amends with Nolan.

Maddox broke my heart as he tried to repair his relationship with his brother while dealing with his own ghosts. But I loved how he didn't really question his attraction to Isaac a
Denise H.
***FANTASTIC ! *** We met Isaac in the last book, as he and his little brother Newt arrived at the Animal Sanctuary to return the violin to Nolan.
Isaac, 21, is slim, goth,

with eyeliner, piercings and dark hair with some blue tint.
He is trying to right a wrong, and then be on his way to stay on the run.
Maddox, 32, ex-military,

has come to see his brother, Dallas, Nolan's partner, and owner of the sanctuary. Maddox is tough, hard as nails, and suffers from PTSD, as he is set on righting a wro
Christelle
**3.5 stars**

True to this author : she knows how to write about characters that are so endearing, despite their flaws and their traumas. She’s very prolific and her writing works very well with me. I guess it’s because there is always a lot of emotions pouring through it.

This is the second instalment of the Pelican Bay series. Not really a standalone imo. The previous MCs and all the circumstances that leads toward Isaac and Maddox’s story are very present. A touch too much for me as the first
Eugenia
Mar 07, 2018 rated it liked it
An Off-Balanced Read....

The first third of this book was a mirror of book one, just told from Maddox and Isaac’s points of view. While I suppose this is a good feature for a standalone novel, I read this as a sequel and found myself bored and annoyed by the different POV retelling of a just I had just finished reading. I was soooo ready to put this book aside because I was getting none of the feels of the first (which I loved).

But then, things started to pick up as Isaac and Maddox’s storyline d
Cadiva
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another superb story from Sloane

I don't care what she writes about, Sloane Kennedy just meets my book reading desires easily each time.

Her invariably flawed men always have some past trauma which defines their character and they invariably meet someone with the perfect set of personality traits to help them move on.

Her men are also never cured by magic dick either. If they've suffered trauma, then they continue to need to deal with it either through therapy or physical actions and they remain af
Chris
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this, Isaac, Mad & Newt - this book had me absolutely consumed and I spent the day thinking about this little family. Isaac’s love for his little brother Newt was beautiful, he was protective, kind and genuine. He taught Newt little life lessons and brought him up to be a caring kid. So in steps Maddox, PTSD and barely managing the reconnection with his brother, finding out he’s attracted to a lithe gay goth boy. Mad figured he wasn’t attracted to anyone but out of the blue comes Isaac. ...more
Tammy
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I wish I could have given this book more stars but I just didn't feel it. Neither Maddox or Isaac I really cared for, both holding out secrets till the bitter end and Isaac would rather prostitute himself than except money from Maddox 🤨🤔 The only reason I finished was because I adored Newt, he made the book for me!!!!!
Marion
I enjoyed Isaac and Maddox’s story. There were a few unexpected surprises that really kept it interesting. Also, no over the top angst, really great sexy times and lots Dallas and Nolan from book one. I’m looking forward to the next book in the series.
Bo
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved it, but it wasn't my favorite. However, now I'm dying for the next one!! Sloane Kennedy always leaves me wanting more.
Bev
Liked this one even more than Locked In Silence...I'm an absolute sucker for stories with kids, animals, big buff ex military men with PTSD who are not afraid to show their gay side [even when they didn't know they had one, go Maddox!!] and young, frightened mantie wearing femme guys who love their brothers to bits and will do everything they can to protect them!! Another reason I liked this one so much was that there was hardly any sex...I know, don't faint you guys 😊...well, for a Sloane Kenne ...more
Bev
Loving the family dynamic that is growing in this series. Kennedy gives such good hurt/comfort reads and this one is no exception.

Dallas and Nolan are still my favourites, though lil' Newt is in a league of his own. That kid is just too cute.
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
A few thoughts:

I'm used to Sloane penning a book with amazing characters and great plots. This is true here. What I think, though, is the writing is maturing very, very nicely. It was always great, and now it is outstanding. The sex scenes (in particular) are not formulaic and feel authentic to the characters. The standard formula (hand jobs >> blow jobs >>> anal) gets thrown out the window thank goodness because I am getting bored of it. The sexual tension was there and the encounters were not
Karen
4.5 stars rounded down because still no 1/2 stars here on GR and while I liked the story a bit better than the first one the audio wasn't working an better for me this time around than it did for the first story and again hopefully I'll get a chance to right a better review one day soonish!

Update: January, 2020 - basically the same update as I noted for the first book, while I enjoyed the story a lot, I think this one is actually my favorite. I'm still not overly enchanted with the narration but
Sanaa
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

“I learned that silence doesn’t mean a person’s got nothing to say. Just means sometimes you have to listen harder to what they aren’t saying.”

This book.

You guys. Sanctuary Found is one of my favorite Sloane Kennedy's book to date. They're usually a hit or a miss for me but I actually really loved this one. Oh and I actually haven't read book 1 and I wasn't lost at all. So this can easily be read as a standalone.

Maddox, Isaac and especially Newton stole a piece of my heart. The
T.A. McKay
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could say so much...I want to say so much...I felt so much!

The love...the burn...the ache for these men...the anger...

I will just say that I freaking loved this book....like so hard! My only problem now is I want the next book NOW!!
Alex
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: emotional, favorite
Well. This is Sloane Kennedy so of course I loved it.

I was very intrigued with Isaac and Maddox in book 1 and they delivered...

This story was beautiful. We reconnect with Nolan and Dallas and we find what I love with SK's books:
A family built out of men who were broken, lonely and so lost and they find each other with love and acceptance.
Very cheesy said like that but yeah... This author can write and her words and men always work on me!

description

So. Isaac. 21 in charge of his little brother, Newt, 4.
He's
Claudia
Maddox, Isaac and Newt...
description
I Can't say enough how much in love I am by this book!!!
Isaac is running... life has a way to mess with his plans... He can't trust anyone, he can't depend on anyone, he can't count on anyone to be there for him... or for Newt... but he's running on his last straw... how much more will he be able to keep going without breaking down?
Maddox has his own demons to deal with... the last thing he needs is to worry about a punk kid and his little brother that just showed up on
chan ☆
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
life literally is not complete without finding someone who fully accepts, cherishes, and loves every part of you

it doesn't even have to be with a romantic partner.

buuuuuut obviously in this case, it is. i fucking loved this book. romance and erotica can be really tricky for me. it's often times hard to find that perfect balance of sexy, sweet, and depth of relationship building. and while for me, the first book in this series didn't have that, i was pleasantly surprised to find that this book.

t
Caipi
Not as good as the previous book in the series, but nonetheless an enjoyable, interesting read. Especially the last third of the story was full of emotions!

Definitely looking forward to book 3 :)
Daisy
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
My first thought was (super random) that we never learned what Isaac’s tattoo was? 😂

I don’t normally like kids a whole lot but Newt was adorable!

I feel like Jett and Sawyer need a book! As the next one is Ford and Cam.. and I’m not sure there’ll be more books?
Calila
Really great deep emotional read. I just loved reading Maddox and Isaac falling in love. I'd been looking forward to it since the first book and I was not disappointed. I also loved Newt, sometimes authors make child characters too precocious or too infantile, but Newt was like an actual kid. He had his own personality without being too over the top. I wish Maddox's PTSD had gotten a little more focus, I feel like it got mostly forgotten in the wake of Isaac and Newt's issues. There's mentions n ...more
Debra

I liked this one almost as much as the first. Another character-driven story with plenty of emotion and drama. It didn't emotionally wreck me like the first one, but what it did, it did very well - age-gap, opposites attract, both men dealing with their own huge issues and an adorable kid. I once again loved all the characters and again, am jumping straight into the next book.
Santy
This was a solid Book 2 in the Pelican Bay series . While I enjoyed it for the most part, Locked In Silence still has my heart and is still my favourite of the series (so far).

I loved Maddox, Isaac , Newt and the family they managed to create despite all the ups and downs, and despite all the baggage both of them brought to the relationship.

Initially, all Maddox thought about was how he was never going to get his brother's forgiveness. It got a bit repetitive for a while in the book but once he
River
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it

This one for me wasn't as strong as the first book but it was still a good book.
I love reading something by Sloane that doesn't involve rape xD

I really like the characters and the boy Newt completely stole my heart. I think it was amazing to read all the different themes that she touched here, like PTSD and epilepsy.

This was way kinkier than the first book but still sweet. I'm left wanting more stories and I'm just happy with where this series is going.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Body and Soul (Twist of Fate #3)
  • Safe and Sound (Twist of Fate, #2)
  • Lost and Found (Twist of Fate, #1)
  • Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)
  • Wilde Fire (Forever Wilde, #3)
  • Felix and the Prince (Forever Wilde, #2)
  • Hudson's Luck (Forever Wilde #4)
  • His Saint (Forever Wilde #5)
  • Delivering Dante (Made Marian, #6)
  • Facing West (Forever Wilde, #1)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Moving Maverick (Made Marian, #5)
  • King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)
  • Jumping Jude (Made Marian, #3)
  • Flirt (Forever Wilde #4.5)
  • Fakers
  • Wilde Love (Forever Wilde #6)

Pelican Bay (3 books)
  • Locked In Silence (Pelican Bay, #1)
  • The Truth Within (Pelican Bay #3)