Start by marking “Demon Unbound (Demon Enforcers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Demon Unbound (Demon Enforcers, #1)

Demon Unbound

(Demon Enforcers #1)

None of us is without Sin...

After serving untold millennia as the leader of a demon special ops team with a brutal reputation for efficiency, Warrick of the Syx has seen it all, done it all, killed it all. Penance for his own damnation? Sure. But with the world running black with blood and magic, his skills are definitely in high demand.

This time, though...there's a c
Published May 15th 2018 by Elewyn Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Demon Unbound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demon Unbound

Start your review of Demon Unbound (Demon Enforcers, #1)
Darcia Helle
I read "demon special ops team" in the description, and I was sold. This unique concept hooked me from the start and kept me engaged throughout.

Jenn Stark is a gifted writer. She doesn't tell us a story; she immerses us in the story. Setting, plot, character development, and dialogue were not individual aspects I noticed as techniques, but simply a part of that wonderfully synergistic fictional world a great author is able to create.

I'm not a big romance reader. For me, the romance has to be a
Darcy
Apr 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
The cover to this book drew me in, I liked how the only color was the eyes and the author's name. Sadly that was the only thing that worked for me with the book. It was really hard for me to put my finger on why I didn't like the book, just it didn't work. I read it over my lunch hour, then tried to pick it up 4 more times, never getting more than a half page. In the end this one just wasn't for me. ...more
Toni Anderson
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Smoking-hot demons, kick-ass heroines burn up the pages in the first book of Jenn Stark’s DEMON ENFORCERS series and I couldn’t read fast enough. Who knew demons could be both sexy and romantic? I loved this book and can’t wait to meet the next member of the Syx!
Carole S.
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love love love!

Love love love! As much as I enjoyed the Sara Wilde books and briefly been introduced to the Syx, I could not have imagined the wild ride the Demon books would be! Thoroughly enjoyable! Going back for more!
Debrac2014
May 27, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars! I had a hard time getting into this story because it's nothing like Immortal Vegas! Halfway thru, the story line and characters finally drew me into this story about God's forgiveness! ...more
Rambling Reader
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This new series from Jenn Stark could be considered a spin-off, but I think Demon Unbound has enough of its own lore and interest to stand on its own! I consider Demon Unbound to be a low risk purchase for readers who've never read Stark's Immortal Vegas series. Although there are some mentions and appearances by members of the Arcana Council, Stark does a good job of briefly (and clearly) giving the background that newbie readers would need to avoid getting lost.

Demon Unbound explores the ques
Amy A
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Originally posted at Vampire Book Club

The Syx are a group of warrior demons tasked with laying down the law while trying to earn penance for their own sins a millennia ago. After the veil between worlds tore, unleashing a horde of demons upon the world, the Syx have been dispatched to deal with the fallout, inching ever closer to their own possible redemption and probably none more so than their leader Warrick.

Maria Santos has been working for fifteen years towards avenging her cousin’s murder a
thehotmesslibrary
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Demon bound is an epic new series by Jenn Stark. If you’ve read her previous books with Sara Wilde, you’re going to love this new series.
It’s completely different from the Connected world but focuses on a character who we’ve met in previous book, Warrick. Fallen angel and Demon, he and his band of other demons, the Syx have come through the magical plain and are called to help humans that call for them. They are also manipulated by the ultimate Puppet Master The Hierophant who seems to hold the
Jennifer Collins
This book was really uneven for me. On one hand, the story was interesting and I liked the characters, and the book as a whole was an easy, fun read that's clearly built for readers of action-oriented paranormal romance. On the other hand, the problems the book had were big ones. Insta-love drives me crazy, and this book didn't make any attempt to portray anything but; the stereotypes that came along with it were also pretty rough. Think of the characters you'd most expect if told you were going ...more
Edeena Cross
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I struggled with the fact that the Immortal Vegas series was coming to a close. I have loved that series from start, and was scared about the finish. I shouldn't have been - not only did it come to a satisfying completion, but it offered a glimmer of hope: this new series.

Yes, it's always tough starting a new series - you can't finish reading the first book, or it's such a winner that you're glued to the internet until you can one-click the next book... Trust me, you're going to want to one-clic
Johanna Sawyer
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
I received a copy from the publisher through Librarything to read and give my honest opinion.

The overall look of the book was what caught my eye and the blurb cinched it. Demon enforcers novel about an demon special ops team that ride to the rescue and control out renegade demons.

What did I like? This is a novel idea that sounded so good according to the blurb but I really don't think the author managed to flesh it out well. I started the book absolutely confused and since this is the first b
Dobbss
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was sent this book for an honest review.

This is the start of what is shaping up to be an exciting new series from Jenn Stark. It’s a paranormal romance set mostly in LA. In this story we follow Warrick, a hunky demon tasked with taking down others of his kind. He teams up with Maria Santos who he has to quickly learn to work beside. This story is about repentance and forgiveness, perhaps not just by the powers that be, but by the main characters themselves.

What I liked most about this book is
Gloria Cangahuala
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first Jenn Stark novel. I don't usually read paranormal books, but the premise for this one sounded intriguing enough that I requested an ARC, and I'm so glad I did!

Warrick is a demon, one step down from a fallen angel. As a member of the Syx, his duty is to banish demons that are worse than he is and to answer any human calls for help. Maria Santos is an undercover cop with a deep-rooted need to avenge the 15-year-old murder of her cousin. When Maria -- whose faith has always been in
Teri
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really have a thing for angels. I have collected figurines and ornaments throughout the years so it's no surprise that I am loving this series. A Fallen, cast down and turned to demon because of his anger now the leader of the Enforcers Special Force. Demon hordes are appearing and his special team is needed. Warrick is a force to be reckoned with and after all this time has lessons to learn. His assignment comes in the form of Maria, the prayer for help that he answers. This time we get some ...more
Nancy
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Unbeknownst to most of us, the world really is full of interesting things. Angels, demons, vampires, faeries and others are all around us. Some trying to help, others? Not so much.

Warrick is leader of the Syx, a sort of demon enforcer unit established to hunt down demons who aren’t behaving nicely (most of ‘em). They are bound to assist anyone who calls on them for protection – like Maria Santos.

Maria is an undercover cop with a mission. Find and take out the scuzzbag who murdered her cousin ten
Nervous Nellie Justice
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reviewed
I love Jenn Stark’s writing. She can paint the most amazing pictures with words. I have read nearly all of the Immortal Vegas series, but this is the start of a whole new series and it’s a bit different than Immortal Vegas. There are mentions of the Arcana Council and cameos from said council, but the story is based around a specific demon who has to earn forgiveness and be worthy of his place.
I am happy to give this story 5 stars because of the fluidness of the writing. Sure, it’s a paranormal
Cheryl
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An very interesting story! We know Warrick , Nicki Dawes, Syx and Michael from the Immortal Vegas series which I highly recommend! What we have here is a new series about demons who police other demons and protect the children of God. Warrick is called to protect Maria Santos who doesn’t realize in full what she has done by calling for help. Maria is looking for revenge for the killing of her cousin Cara. She is undercover cop when she calls for help from Warrick. The action/mystery begins in de ...more
Judi Soderberg
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Took me a long time to get around to reading this, I'm ashamed to say. I'm glad I finally did. It's written in the typically excellent Jenn Stark style with a crossover of characters from Immortal Vegas that both blends nicely and allows for Demon Enforcers to be its own series.

The first one starts with Warrick, the basic leader of the Syx, which is as it should be. The only thing I don't like about him is how self conscious he is about his true form. Seems a bit wimpy for a Demon Enforcer. But
Jen
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was sent an ARC in exchange for an honest review. First, I am definitely a Jenn Stark fan, I’ve had the pleasure of reviewing several of her books and it’s always a joy, this book was no exception! From the moment we met Warrick and the Syx in the Immortal Vegas series I loved them so to find out there was a whole book about Warrick was awesome!! I enjoyed getting to know more about him and to see the world we’ve become familiar with in a different light. Maria was very likable and you were ro ...more
Linda Levine
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book goes in a very different direction than the earlier series it branches off. It is much darker and grittier.

Warrick of the Syx is an intriguing character and I really enjoyed learning more about him after reading about him in the other series.

Maria is a police officer on a dangerous mission and wants retribution. She and Warrick have such an amazing connection and it really changes their lives. There is a lot of action and violence and the story really grips your attention.

I enjoyed t
Kelly
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sad about the end of Immortal Vegas and looking for another window to peer into that world? Then this book is your ticket. The writing is high quality as you’d expect from Jenn Stark. She takes you through another invigorating journey with demons and supernaturals in this tale and it definitely keeps you wondering what’s next. I didn’t love the heroine as much as I loved Sara from the prior series but I did enjoy the book!
Sheena
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved

Oh first I was cheering for the devil- Tom Ellis. Now Jenn Stark had me cheering for a demon. Warrick is strong confident and determined. Maria strong and determined but only one of them is a demon. They compliment each other so well. You will so cheer for them also. It was awesome to see Nicki again. Death also not so much the Hierophant.
Do I recommend? Absolutely. Will I re-read? Most definitely. Enjoy folks.
Judy Piegza
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jenn Stark does it again

I was fully prepared not to like this book. I like reading about magic, but who wants to read about demons? I have never met a demon that I liked. That was yesterday. Yesterday I started reading Demon Unbound. Last night and all day today I have done nothing but read, and fall in love with demons. Not really. I love the Syx, the demons, not so much.

A joyous read. Now to start book 2 in the series. I think I will nap first.
Kelly-Anne Rider
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gripped me from beginning to end

I loved this book from beginning to end. The story flowed well, and i looked how the two main characters relationship grew as the story progressed. I didn't want the story to end.
I enjoy how it was once full story in one full book and not a load of other books i had to buy to progress on the story.
It wasn't smutty not did it feel rushed, i highly recommend this book.
Aimee
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fated mates but not in your face - they acknowledge the draw between these two completely different but definitely connected individuals. In essence, this book is all about redemption that isn't wrapped up in a pretty little bow. It is messy, painful, and filled with guilt.

I really appreciate a strong female hero and this book definitely delivers, she does not wilt in the face of a strong man - they compliment each other well. Can't wait to read more!
Lois Alston
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding story. Full of excitement, action, danger, belief, and romance. This is Jenn Stark at her finest. The way she expanded on Warrick and incorporated characters from her Sara Wilde books is extraordinary. You will not go wrong by reading this book. It is truly exciting and a must read for all!!! The main character is in a class of her own.
Glenn Adams
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This spin-out of the Immortal Vegas series starts with Warrick, and it looks like each demon will have their own story. Takes place after the events of Book 10, but focuses on an aspect of the Immortal Vegas world only loosely touched on in other books.

Good overall start. Like where this is going...
Georgia Mathers
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Demon Unbound is both a cunning and emotional paranormal romance.

It draws from Christian belief to bring together a demon, who is paying for his sin of anger, and a human who struggles to avenge the death of the cousin who died in her arms. More ...
angelofmine1974
When I got this freebie, I thought... ooo a book about demons. Now I've read and loved Good Omens (which talks about God and Demons, etc) but Neil Gaiman doesn't make it preachy. This book does. I have not made it far into the book when it starts mentioning God and more in a preachy way than I like and I know will only appear more and more in the book. Not my taste. ...more
Helen Wawrejko
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Redemption

Warrick, an angel fallen to demon, finds redemption when he is charged with protecting an undercover agent in the drug trade. A return to Vegas connecteds, and the Arcana council, the story of the Syx begins as a new story arc in the Wilde series. Good story.

• Soul of the Mage (Twyst Academy, Book 4)
  • Hell on Earth (Hell on Earth, #1)
  • Blood of the Mage (Twyst Academy Book 2)
  • Knight's Redemption (Knights of Hell, #1)
  • Shadow Promise (Academy of Elemental Magic, #3)
  • Touch of the Mage (Twyst Academy, #1)
  • Ancient Protector (Ancients Rising, #1)
  • Security Risk (Pelican Bay Security, #1)
  • Claimed by Power (Empire of Angels, #1)
  • To Seduce a Witch's Heart (Love and Magic, #1)
  • Magic Uncorked (Midlife Magic Cocktail Club #1)
  • Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles, #1)
  • Bait & Switch (Driftwood Mystery Book 1)
  • Testing Luke (Devereaux Billionaires, #3; Billionaires in the City, #6)
  • Heart of the Mage (Twyst Academy Book 3)
  • Nathaniel
  • Where Sleeping Dragons Lie (Dragon Shifters of Elysia, #1)
  • The Lost Vampire Prince (Evil Rising #1)