Start by marking “Fighting Irish (The Summerhaven Trio, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fighting Irish (The Summerhaven Trio, #1)

Fighting Irish

(The Summerhaven Trio #1)

From the New York Times bestselling author of The Blueberry Lane series comes a new trio of romances featuring the Haven triplets!

Rory Haven and Brittany Manion knew one another as children...

...but it's been a long time since their childhood summers at Summerhaven.

Published February 25th 2018 by Katharine Gilliam Regnery

To ask other readers questions about Fighting Irish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fighting Irish

Start your review of Fighting Irish (The Summerhaven Trio, #1)
Jen
This is the first book in the series about three Irish siblings! It was as I expected.... a sweet read and very low in angst! Review to come!
JewelsyGoolsy
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Totally safe. The safest, most vanilla’y sweet story that was totally safe and vanilla’y.
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Katy Regnery Fans, Romance
4 Timing is Everything Stars
* * * * Limited Time FREE All of August 2019!!!
Starting a new series is not easy... there are so many things that need to happen. The main setting is introduced, the main characters established and the overall feel of what they all represent needs to come across. And all of these touchpoints need to be surrounded by a story which holds our attention and heart.

Katy Regnery knows how to do all of this. She has had many different series in the past, all with strong
Libby Harrison

Reasons for DNF:
1 - H has a lover who is 15yrs older than him
2 - h is engaged to another man
3 - h's fiance is 15yrs older than her
4 - h's fiance cheats on her with his ex-wife
5 - h has been married and divorced before, now has an ex-fiance and is suddenly 'in love' with the H - sounds like the h needs to learn more about herself before throwing herself into relationships

I am so dissappointed as Tierney sounded intriguing
DJ Sakata
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

I’m not a fighter by nature. Never was, never will be. That’s probably why I never fell in love. Love is the biggest battle there is.

Rory, you’re a dumbass if you think all fights require fists and fury. Some fights are quiet, but the battle’s still being waged.

My Review:

Oh, what fun! Katy Regnery has started a new series of stand-alone books featuring triplets of Irish descent, and what a diverse set of triplets they are, although close and patiently supportive of each other. I
Carvanz
Rory had to set his dreams aside when illness struck his family. A meeting with a future bride to utilize the Summerhaven facilities brings all of his past plans rushing back. He was not expecting that bride to be Brittany Manion, the girl he had crushed on for three years when he was young. Now, he’s struggling with his feelings for a woman that is engaged to another.

Brittany dreams of the perfect life with marriage and children and family. Throughout her life she has never been enough for
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Fighting Irish was a sweet story that left a smile on my face. It was filled with heartwarming characters, not a lot of angst and it was a quick read. So here are three things that I absolutely adored while reading this book:

Cute love story:
“Rory,” whispered Brittany, her lips so close to his ear that his eyes fluttered closed for a split second, “I wish you’d broken the rules.”

Rory always liked Brittney from afar. She was one of the campers that would come to his family's exclusive camp each
Coco.V
Sep 20, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (9/20/18)!

Blurb:
Rory Haven and Brittany Manion knew one another as children...

...but it's been a long time since their childhood summers at Summerhaven.

The Havens weren't the children who attended exclusive Summerhaven Camp in Center Sandwich, New Hampshire. They were the children of the owners, expected to “pull their weight” and absolutely forbidden to fraternize with the paying guests. But that didn't keep Rory from having a quiet, unrequited crush on gorgeous, popular,
Naughty Mom Story Time
Overall: 4.5/5
Naughty Factor: 2.5/5
POV: Dual/ 3rd person

Warm and fuzzy insides...that is how every Katy Regnery story leaves me feeling. Feel good romance, caring, kind and swoon worthy characters with a story that just melts you’re heart is what she is BEST at. It doesn’t matter if it’s modern fairy tale romance , a standard contemporary romance or a paranormal romance she has managed to steal my breath with every one of her stories. Fighting Irish is the first in another string of books that
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I love reading the first book of a series - They hold such promise and intrigue. I found this to be true when I began reading Fighting Irish. I was immediately drawn into the book and the sweet characters.

The book centers around Rory and his family's business, Summerhaven Resort and Camp. Rory and his siblings worked at the resort when they were young. They were taught not to fraternize with the campers. Rory abided by this rule however Brittany always caught his eye.
Several years
Brandi
Rory Haven used to crush on Brittany Manion when they were children. She was a camper at the summer camp his parents owned. But he never spoke to her. He wasn't allowed to fraternize with the guests and he held fast to that rule.

Brittany Manion couldn't help but notice quiet Rory Haven when they were children. She crushed on him from afar, watching, but never catching his eye. She heard stories about his brother, but never heard anything about the object of her affection.

Finding themselves back
Dilek VT
The heroine sounds too stupid for me to be able to stand her.

⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE AUTHOR. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

I've read several of this author's previous books, and have enjoyed them overall, but after the ending of the Blueberry Lane series, I wasn't sure where the author could go from there. Reading this novel illustrated to me that this author is a truly gifted
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shelly
Fighting Irish felt like a gift from Katy Regnery to my giant, sappy, romance hungry heart. From the heartwarming dynamic between the Haven triplets, to the simmering sweet chemistry between Rory and Brittany, this story was like a warm cozy blanket on a snowy afternoon and I never ever wanted to crawl out of it.

This is a relatively short, fast moving story - but it took precise shots at all my romance sweet spots and managed to hit nearly all of them. It's deeply romantic, sweetly sincere, and
Maree Repa
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five Amazing Stars

A Family Crisis

I was completely thrilled to enjoy this next wonderful book from, The Summerhaven Trio. Both Rory Haven and Brittney Manison had spent there childhood camping at Summerhaven. Now they have grown up. Enjoy this wonderful sweet story so much. Such a beautiful romantic tale!

As Miranda Toffle organised the first day for the children at the the Summerhaven Camp. Rory Haven who has worked at this camp for many years already and only wished this would soon be the end.
PointedlyBlunt
Fighting Irish is a sweet story with a very low heat level.

Rory and Brittany spent four summers admiring each other from afar. Ten years later, Brittany is on her second marriage and Rory is now running his parents’ camp, the same summer camp that Brittany attended for four summers, and the location Brittany wants for her upcoming nuptials. When they finally come face-to-face and get the opportunity to get to know each other, they both realize there’s something special between them. Something
Tami Talbert
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another triumphant 5+ star romance from Katy Regnery. I couldn’t put it down - in fact, I gobbled it down practically in one sitting.

The Fighting Irish is the first release in her brand new series The Summerhaven Trio. The unassailable and unwavering connection shared in the past between Rory and Britt - though only felt from a distance - even after 10 years was ever present and captivating right through to the end. Though they both struggled to overcome their inner insecurities and
BookSmacked
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Katy Regnery delivers a utterly adorable romance that will make your heart melt.

This story was so incredibly sweet and made me feel so warm and snuggly. I loved Rory and Brittany’s story and while the circumstances were definitely not ideal for them I definitely found myself wanting these two together.

It was so easy to fall for Rory he was sweet, caring and one of those guys that you think to yourself oh he’s a keeper.

It was the same for Brittany and even though she comes from a wealthy
Susan (susayq ~)
What a great read!!! This was sweet and fun and left me with a smile on my face. I can not wait for the next book in the series :)
Jane super booklover📚
So good! Lovely sweet. I love Katy regnery.
Im starting Book 2 now. This reigns you in.
Its a big love story. Not big on the sex but the love is a main character.
Amanda R
Thank you to the author for the book in exchange for an honest review.

I am so happy to be back in a world created by Katy Regnery. She paints such beautiful pictures with her words. When she announced this series, I knew I'd want to read it. It was a no-brainer, but I didn't read the blurbs for any of the books and I still haven't. I want to discover each character as I read.

I got the book yesterday afternoon, I had things to complete before I could dive in but as soon as I could I dove in and
Kim
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-5-stars

This is the first book in a brand new series featuring triplets! Rory, Ian, and their sister, Tierney grew up at their family run Summerhaven Camp for Children, but they were always reminded that they were the "help" and there was no fraternizing with the wealthy, elite children who spent their summers there.

Rory Haven inherited management of the camp by default and he has put his own spin on the camp, but he also has bigger dreams for himself. He is smart, handsome, mature,
Rachel
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Rory Haven and Brittany Manion met as children, though they didn’t interact. Rory was one of the camp owner’s children, expected to work at the camp but not interact with the campers. He noticed Brittany, and harbored a crush on her, but followed his mother’s strict rules about fraternization. Now that they have met again as adults, he is just as intrigued by her, but she is just as off limits as she was so many years before.

Rory is a steady hero. Of his siblings, he is the one who took
Michele McMullen
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Fighting Irish
Rory and Brittany.
The Haven children..Rory , Ian and Tierieny were not the well to do children that spent their summers enjoying friends and summer camp. The Haven siblings were the hired help of their family business running the camp. Unfortunately for Rory his parents instituted a strict no fraternizing policy with the campers but that didn't stop Rory from admiring a beautiful young hotel heiress from the city each summer .
Brittany is a young, smart business savvy woman who
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2NiB3xt

The Haven triplets well they've been a trip. And I read them completely out of order finishing things up with book one. And, Rory and Brittany were lovely.

The Gist: Brittany's getting married and she wants to have her wedding at the camp where she spent her summers as a teen. The girl has a plan and then, well, things go all to hell and she maybe takes up with the owner of the camp. Maybe.

I really liked both Brittany
Maida
Fighting Irish is a sweet story of second-chance love amidst class differences and a history of betrayals suffered by the heroine Brittany Manion. Rory Haven is an ideal hero--responsible, kind, understanding, and patient. He's had a crush on Brittany since they were fourteen, but his obedience to his mother's edict of non-fraternization with their summer camp's attendees won out over his adolescent feelings. Given another chance with the woman of his dreams, he took it, but he waited until she ...more
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Twinkling Stars

I love family sagas and this book kicks off a series with a promise of more good things to come. Triplets raised working at their parents camp. All going different directions but still tied to the importance of family.

This is Rory's story. It's kind of a second chance although neither knew the other was interested back when they were teens. Brittany has been through a lot and her self esteem has suffered. Kudos to Rory for noticing and for being willing to just be her friend.
UltraMeital
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one! What a sweet and endearing story! Loved both Rory and Britt as well as the beautiful setting of the Summerhaven resort. What we got of the other two of the Haven triplets - Ian and Tierney made me SO interested in seeing how THEY get their HEA.

Rory Haven grew up with his two siblings (triplets) Ian and Tierney in a beautiful resort were their parents (and grandparents before) welcomed privileged kids for their summer vocation. One Thing their mother was VERY clear on was no
diann bryan
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Rory and Brittany have known each other since they were kids but when Brittany walks back into Rory’s life ,a new story begins. Katy writes stories that you instantly fall in Love with the characters and can’t wait to read the next story in the series. Quick and Fun read!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Tumble Into Love (Diamond Creek, Alaska #5)
  • Heather (Hart Land Book 1)
  • Love With An Imperfect Cowboy (Lone Star Dynasty, #1)
  • Mr. Imperfect (Lost Boys #1)
  • Just the Way You Are
  • Montana Cowboy (Big Sky Mavericks, #2)
  • The Southern Hero (Driftwood Bay Book 2)
  • Meant to Be (Dirty Love, #2)
  • Falling For You (Sapphire Bay, #1)
  • Too Distracting (The Lewis Cousins, #3)
  • Saving the Sheriff (Hills of Texas, #1)
  • Getting Lei'd (Escape #1)
  • First Instinct (Hammond Brothers, #1)
  • Smolder (Firefighters of Montana, #1)
  • Not In Her Wildest Dreams (Secret Dreams, #1)
  • Dancing on a Moonbeam (Bedford Falls, 1)
  • Spring Texas Bride (The Brides of Bliss Texas, #1)
  • Second Chance Charmer (Havenbrook, #1)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Katy Regnery started her writing career by enrolling in a short story class in January 2012. One year later, she signed her first contract and Katy’s first novel was published in September 2013.

Now exclusively self-published, Katy claims authorship of the multi-titled Blueberry Lane Series, which follows the English, Winslow, Rousseau, Story, and

The Summerhaven Trio (3 books)
  • Smiling Irish (The Summerhaven Trio, #2)
  • Loving Irish (The Summerhaven Trio, #3)