Start by marking “doll eyes.” as Want to Read:
doll eyes.

doll eyes.

A collection of poems about love, heartache, and not losing yourself in either.
Published February 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about doll eyes., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about doll eyes.

Start your review of doll eyes.
Jessica | Booked J
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2018
Blog | Twitter | Instagram

"I was looking for those distractions / Anything to avoid the pain / Anything to avoid dealing with what happened / But I think the longer you put it off / The harder it hits you / And I think the longer you hold back the tears / The heavier they are when they fall."

Review also found here.

I've been following Jessyca on Instagram for roughly two years. I know her as this: an incredibly cool girl with good taste in music, literature and lipstick. Seeing her book photogr
Stef White
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just read it! :)
Kayla
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful, heartbreaking, emotional. Jessyca knows how to write and for her first book she really did a wonderful job at expressing her feelings ❤️
Shelby (shelbyymay)
So beautiful and raw. You can tell the words on the page come from a real and genuine place. Jessyca's writing is phenomenal (and she's such a down to earth sweetheart). For all the girls out there that doubted themselves and their self-worth, relied on other people who were coming from their own bad place to tell them that they're special; these are poems and words for you.
Michelle
Doll Eyes

Kudos to the author for showing her vulnerability. It truly shows, and I know that is not easy. The pieces did not entirely resonate with me, but I suspect it is because I’m at a different point in my life. Older, perhaps. All of this is said and done for me, but I recognize it would have penetrated deeply in my younger years. I feel like someone freshly broken hearted might find comfort in her words. It was a nice look into another’s mind and I’ve much respect for that. I will go on to
Courtney
Doll eyes was a real quick read with a bunch of poams about the ugly side of love. It was about what happens to someone when they give their all, but give it to the wrong person. We all have that one person that these poems will make you think of. Lets just hope we are strong enough not to let that so you from finding the right person.
Coco.V
Feb 25, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/25/2020)! 🎁
Literarily Disturbed
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found a lot of it relatable, and a lot of it repetitive.
Brianna | briannas_books
Wow

Ok so this was so refreshing. A perfect balance of real and raw. So many feelings about this book. Definitely recommend picking it up.
Elizabeth, Jasmine & Rebeca Pizarro
Dolls Eyes by Jessyca Tibault is a book of poems full of heart, love letting go and moving on. The book demonstrates that there are times when a person struggles to move on from a previous relationship. It also shows that a person may feel that they are not worthy of love or being love. 'Doll Eyes' shows that sometimes people want to be in a difficult or hurtful relationship because it hurts to let go or the heart just doesn't want to move on.
When I came across this author, I was fascinated by ...more
Amelia Coburn
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This collection of poems was everything I needed and more. I was prepared to be bias because I knew the author. I hated poetry before this book. I will fully admit that I never saw the point. It was pretty. This collection described everything I went with in a past relationship. This set of poems changed my entire outlook on poetry. After reading this, I bought another. I can't tell enough people to buy this book. The author is extra sweet and the book is worth it. It's the perfect remedy for a ...more
Sara
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful, relatable, heartbreaking lessons learned..

We all share experiences similar to these at some point in our lives but Jessyca’s use of words and the way she express them really brings across the raw emotion and feelings brought on by everything she went through. I applaud her for taking the leap and sharing her beautiful words with the world. Absolutely inspiring and admirable. I hope one day I can be this brave to share my deepest feelings just like her.
Evan Bond
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's clear the author poured her heart and soul onto these pages. This makes it easy to feel what she is feeling and understand what she is saying. There's much more to this book than a collection of poems. Instead, there's a full story in these pages and its message is a powerful and uplifting one. Accept yourself for who you are and don't allow others to tell you what you are. At least, that's what I took away from it.
Taylor Knight
I don’t read a lot of poetry but I adore all of Jessyca’s books. I originally read all three of her books on Kindle but I loved them so much I bought paperback copies. Even though her books aren’t as well known as the mainstream poetry books that you seen on every other Instagram picture, Jessyca’s poems are just as good, if not better.
Allybee
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where was this book of poems when I was in college, having a difficult time with relationships and a difficult relationship with love itself?! Jessyca Thibaults open heart on a page should be a comfort to any reader who has been heartbroken and found themselves left on their own to pick up the pieces.
Abigail
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much!! I love Jessyca and I was so proud and happy to find out she was writing this! I had to get a copy as soon as I could! I was able to read this in one sitting it was just amazing! I was able to connect and relate to some of the poems in this book and that means a lot to me! I also loved how Jessyca showed the world something so deep and personal. Just beautiful! <3 ...more
Alyssa
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Im not sure if I'd define these as poems. I feel like daydream(s) might be more appropriate, personally. I felt like I was sitting next to her, reading her thoughts, the words she was trying to convince herself of, if that makes sense. Very relatable.
Amber (ambereality)
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book spoke to my soul. The poetry was beautiful and I connected with so much of it. I’m so glad I have grown to enjoy and appreciate poetry because I needed to read this and truely READ it!
Rachel (Galaxy Girl Reads)
Doll Eyes

I can see that Jessyca really exposed herself in this book. I appreciate her courage, her bravery, and above all I appreciate her honesty. That being said, I just... I don't know. The situations she described, I've been there. Repeatedly. And maybe that makes my thoughts a little different because of how I handled myself but these poems didn't speak to me the way I hoped they would.
Amanda Stelter
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heartbreaking and relatable

I'm not someone who reads a ton of poetry collections. I could count how many I've read on one hand. But that being said, I think this collection is so very important. This book touched on so many different heart breaking topics about heartbreak. I think that anyone who has gone through a heartbreak where they ended up blaming themselves, this book will be relatable and hopefully helpful.
Tarryn
Shelves: ebook
3.5☆. Review to come
Laura K Calkins-Torres
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jessyca's words resonated with the younger me who was waiting for someone to yell the truth from rooftops. I cannot wait to read her next work.
Silvia

• In Love with You
  • A Beautiful Mess
  • There Is Beauty In the Bleeding
  • Lovely Seeds: A Walk Through the Garden of Our Becoming
  • i am tired of being a dandelion
  • You are my late night thoughts
  • My Dearest Hurricane: Love and Things that Looked like It
  • Five More Minutes
  • excerpts from the book i'll never write
  • Dear Mirror: A Poetic Journey of Self-Reflection and Empowerment
  • The Idea Of You
  • shot glass confessional
  • Blood On My Typewriter
  • Break Your Glass Slippers (You Are Your Own Fairy Tale, #1)
Jessyca Thibault is a 24-year-old writer living in Central Florida. She was born in Connecticut and spent much of her childhood in Rhode Island. Jessyca received her Bachelor's Degree in Business and Organizational Management in 2016 from the College of Central Florida. She has had poetry published in CF's literary magazine "Imprints."

She can be found on Instagram: @jessycamber