Start by marking “Hate Me (Collateral #1)” as Want to Read:
Hate Me (Collateral #1)

Hate Me

(Collateral #1)

Anna

I am a whore. A slave. A possession. I accepted my fate long ago, but fate is not done with me yet. Freedom is so close I can almost taste it, only to have it snatched away under the guise of protection. A gilded cage is still a cage. Friend or foe? Saviour or oppressor? Rafael D’Cruze is a bad man. I hate him, so why do I feel safe with him?

Rafael

She’s a favour.
Published February 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Hate Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hate Me

Snow
Any of LP Lovell's books is a fucking MUST read for me...

so, effin DUH?! LOL :)

This is Anna and Rafael's story... Anna Vasiliev being Una Ivanov's sister and Rafael D'Cruze being a mexican cartel boss and acquitance and business contact of Nero Verdi. We meet them all in Kiss of Death series (Kill me and Kiss me) but now we have a full impact of what happened between Anna and Rafael, from the time, Rafael acted as a laison to "pick" Anna up as a new sex trade bought by Nero as a collateral
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This book was great! Its pretty dark and some scenes made me uncomfortable but the story was so good!

Anna was sold as a sex slave at age 13. She’s been through so many horrible things, after being a slave for 9 years. She’s strong and still maintains a certain innocence, but she’s still has some dark in her. Who could blame her though? She’s seen the worst that humanity can offer and is still sane. I respected her so much for her resilience and willingness to live.

Rafael, is the boss of the Ju
Dri ✰
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
★ 3.5 stars!!! ★

“I want your darkness, your fire, your sheer will to survive.” His finger trails over my lips slowly. “I need this; your trust, the way you look at me as though I’m your savior, even when you know I’m really the monster.”
Willow Winters
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So I had one night off this week. Only one night and I desperately wanted to read. L. P. Happened to message me and happened to mention she was done and I know it was fate. I snatched this sucker up as fast as I could and I am so happy I did.

There is something about her voice that I will never get over. I love the wild ride, the twists and turns and the suspense that kept me turning the page and refusing to get up or do anything that would tear me away from this world.

It’s a slow burn guys. A
Mimiorphee
Shelves: arc, 2018
"I want to both cure her of the taint on her soul and corrupt it so entirely that she’s just as blackened as I am."

After finishing Una and Nero's story, I couldn't wait to read about Anna. Although there's so doubt the two sisters are cut from the same cloth, Anna's book had a different vibe, more somber and yet in a way sweeter.

What she went through broke her and at the same time there's still that defiance and strength that characterize her. Taken, sold, abused and used as a whore, Anna neve
Michelle
5 Stars!
Thought I was going to skim this to refresh my memory but I reread the whole book! Loved it just as much as the first time! Loving the second book too!
LP Lovell you rock girl! Loving this series!!
♛ Garima ♛
I started reading this - what got into me, I don't know?

It made my stomach turn - stopped reading at 40%....not my cup of tea...should never have picked it up...entirely my fault.
Leigh
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it

Hate Me is the story of Rafael and Anna. We met them both in the Kiss of Death series and we know that Rafael is the head of a Cartel and Anna is the sister of Una who was sold as a sex slave when she was thirteen. This story was hard to read at times but I loved watching Anna blossom under Rafael. While I like sex in my romances I appreciate the fact that the author didn't have Anna falling into bed with Rafael. The slow burn in this story was perfect. After what she's been through the
Silvy_1309
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this Book ! A different story with different drama and characters !!
Katie
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
hands down, one of my favorite reads of 2018 so far!!!!
Aղցela W.
This was a pretty good read. This was the first book in the " Collateral " series. Anna was sold as a slave at the age of 13, just like her sister was three years prior. She's been sold multiple times and has had some very sick twisted owners. She use drugs to get through all of the things that have happened to her. Anna hasn't showed any fight in her until Rafael comes into her life. Rafael is the boss of the Juarez cartel he runs the city and shows no sign of weakness. When Nero an Italian m ...more
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
I received an ARC of this book from the author and I voluntarily reviewed it. Thank you L.P. Lovell!

Yes, yes, yes! This is a prime example of my favourite kind of read; mafia/bratva/cartel dark romance. Lovell, in my opinion, sets the standard. This series and these characters are honestly everything. We fall for the "bad" guys and question our morals when we find ourselves agreeing with them and rooting for them.

Ever since the Kiss of Death series, I always wanted to know more about Una's siste
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

More please!!!!

I am no stranger to LP and lover of the dark side, so with the two of them together I get all giddy inside. Hate me sucks you into this dark and dingy world pretty quickly.

Anna is a slave, bought and sold more than once in her young life. She is possession and doesn't remember what is it like to be free. She doesn't hope or dream, she just checks out and plays her part. Until she is sold to yet another buyer.

Rafael is a bad man, a king of a cartel. He is deals in death and drugs
Ros
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Hate Me is book number one in the Collateral Series. This is a spin off to Kill Me and Kiss Me (Kiss of Death Series).

It has to be noted at this point that the Kiss of Death series gave life to my favourite Hero and Heroine, of all time..

Una Ivanov and Nero hold an unrivalled place in my heart.

In the previous series we were introduced to Anna and Rafael as secondary characters. Personally, I don't see any reason why these books can't be read first, as Anna and Rafael’s story runs direc
Coffeechick8
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good

I soaked this book up. I fell in love with Rafael and Anna. This book was raw, sexy and dark and beautiful at the same time. I have never read a book by this author , this was my first and will not be my last. If you love the cartel and mafia books then you will love this one.
Heather C
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, feb-2018
"I want your darkness, your fire, your sheer will to survive."

Hate Me is a raw and gritty cartel story that is hauntingly beautiful. While it does run parallel in the same world in Kill Me and Kiss Me, it can be read as a standalone.

At the age of thirteen, Anna was sold as a slave. Just like her sister was three years prior. She's been sold multiple times and has had some very sick and twisted owners over the years. While she may use drugs to get through all of the horrific things that happens
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
When I saw the blurb for Hate Me I knew I had to have it. Dark mafia is my crack and I needed another hit. This book was so good. It was a little different from past books by this author but Anna and Rafael were very addicting. I could not put this down!

Anna Vasiliev is the sister of Una Ivanov from the Kiss of Death series. But while Una was raised to be a hardened assassin, Anna was on the other side of the spectrum - a victim brutalized at a young age and forced to be a sex slave. Rafael D'Cr
Romance Readers Retreat
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LP Lovell’s new book, the first in her Collateral series, is a different sort of story to what we’ve become accustomed to from her...but it’s still deliciously dark.

Lp Lovell so effortlessly draws the reader in, trapping you almost instantly in a web of twisted turns, stoking the embers of fear, excitement and hope.

The characters are brilliantly depicted and you easily envision the chemistry and danger surrounding them. Trust is what is called for but it’s not easily come by and when it’s time t
Anne Milne
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dark and twisted but oh so good

Anna was sold as a young girl and has endured depravity first hand, what she has lived through gave me shivers. When she’s sold again Rafael is tasked with keeping her safe.

Don’t think Rafael is her saviour he’s every bit as bad as the men who took her. However the fun starts when she starts to her under his skin bad he starts to think if her as his.

When enemies come looking for Anna all bets are off but what or who is Anna really ??

I’ve never read the Kiss of De
Maria11
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rollercoaster ride

Ms Lovell sure puts you on an emotional up down ride every time and this is one hell of an up down!

I thought Anna would be the weak sister, but she is one strong woman who has gone through just as much or more then her sister. She is surviving and Rafe is helping her.

Lots of blood, gore, violence, other nastiness so be prepared. Not for the faint of heart.
Liz
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full review to come.
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am impressed with this book. It was dark and gritty and told of horrific things without ever crossing a line into something gratuitous. I was completely wrapped up in Anna and Raphael and their precarious relationship, they were both so interesting alone, and together their dynamic was completely engrossing.

Hate Me is the first book in LP Lovell’s Collateral series. This series is a spinoff of her Kiss of Death series, though you do not have to read that series before this book. Honestly, I di
Coco.V
Feb 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/3/2019)! 🎁 💞💞

Blurb:
Anna

Rafael

She’s a favour. Collateral. A pretty slave. I have no interest in her beyond keeping her alive for
Sal
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can I give this more than gives stars please because honestly it deserves so much more!
This is dark, beautifully dark with stunning moments of light that take your breath away. The characters are absolutely superb, so well thought out and totally believable and I found myself lost in their world and really annoyed when I had to put the story down to do real life stuff. My only complaint is that it ended and I didn’t want it to!
Jae
F**king cliffhanger.

I'm sure by the time book #2 comes out in May I wouldn't remember a single soul from this book. Still I enjoyed this one as is. Great sexual tension too.
Diary Of Book Fiend
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
" Beauty is such a curse, little one." " There's nowhere to run..."

I used to think of the life I once had. I would hope and dream of something better. That time has long since passed. What once felt like the most brutal form of degradation is no my normality, and in my acceptance, I have found a degree of peace. This just is... I just am. I exist. He exists, and this is my life. As soon as you accept a situation, it becomes far more bearable. Hope is what breaks even the strongest. - Anna

Anna wa
Renee
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Anna is a whore. A slave. A possession. She accepted her fate long ago, but fate is not done with me yet. Freedom is so close she can almost taste it, only to have it snatched away under the guise of protection. A guilded cage is still a cage. Friend or foe? Savior or oppressor? Rafael D'Cruze is a bad man. She hates him, but why does she feels so safe with him at the same time.

This book has dark ton
Expresso
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review to follow shortly...
Ana Rita
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Should I be scared? Should I run for the hills? I mean I've read another book from this author and it was a dark one. Jesus... That book.
Now I'm about to embark into a new one and I can't figure out how I'm feeling...
L. P. Lovell has a writting full of darkness, rawness, desire and so much more and I was addicted..
Just have a closer look at this cover! Really! See it! I want to do bad things with him... Dayum...
Hate Me is her latest release and tells the stories of Rafael and Anna.
Rafael ha
Kim BookJunkie
”No, I’m not scared of him. I’m scared that he of all people might ruin me because he makes my heart hope in spite of my head and hope will break me. Hope is all I have left, the last piece I have to give.
I’m playing a deadly game, and Rafael D’Cruze might destroy me where hundreds before him have failed.”

I highly recommend reading the KISS OF DEATH series before starting this one as this is the story of Ana, the younger sister of Una from the KISS OF DEATH series.

As I suspected from reading
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Untouched (Silver Creek, #2)
  • Outcasts (Badlands #3)
  • Calavera. (Den of Mercenaries, #4)
  • Sweet Seduction Surrender (Sweet Seduction, #4)
  • Mr. & Mrs. (Mister, #6)
  • Breathless & Bloodstained (The Chicago War, #4)
  • Tied (Voyeur, #2)
  • Explicit Memory (Explicit, #3)
  • Mallicks: Back to the Beginning  (Mallick Brothers, #5)
  • Ultimate Vengeance (Wanted Men, #4)
  • Savage Things (Chaos & Ruin #2)
  • She (She/He A Duet Book 1)
  • The Escape (Broken)
Lauren Lovell is an indie author from England. She suffers from a total lack of brain to mouth filter and is the friend you have to explain before you introduce her to anyone, and apologise for afterwards.
She's a self confessed shameless pervert, who may be suffering from slight peen envy.

Lauren loves to hear from readers so please add her on Goodreads, Facebook and Twitter. Visit her website www

Collateral (3 books)
  • Hold Me (Collateral #2)
  • Have Me (Collateral #3)