Start by marking “Owl Love You” as Want to Read:
Owl Love You

Owl Love You

The sun is setting, time to rise! At dusk, when an owl’s day is just beginning, a baby owl asks questions and a mama owl offers comforting answers in this gentle, reverse bedtime book, featuring lulling, lyrical text and luminous illustrations of the nighttime world.

Published October 9th 2018 by Cameron

To ask other readers questions about Owl Love You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Owl Love You

Amalia Gavea
‘’Hoo’ll make up a song and sing me a tune?’’
‘’Owl serenade you by the light of the moon.’’

Mama owl wakes her little one for a nightly flight in the forest. She shows him the beautiful souls that populate it, the animals that find the chance to throw a gorgeous feast without being threatened by the presence of men. Hedgehogs, foxes, rabbits, bears, bats, fireflies.

But the little one is frightened and uncertain. Who will be there to catch her if she falls? Who will fly with her if her friends a
Mischenko
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Little owlet wakes up one morning and begins to ask its mother many questions seeking reassurance.

"Hoo'll catch me when I flutter and fall?"
"Owl catch you, my dear, tail feathers and all."

The mother owl comforts her little one and explains that she'll always be there. They go about their night as owlet asks question after question until it's finally time for sleep in the morning again.

I liked that the parent owl on the cover is stated to be the mother, but isn't really specified in the story, s
Toni
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, children
A gorgeous bedtime book with a sweet and heart-warming story and amazing illustrations.
A cute baby owl goes on a little night adventure with his Mum. On their way, he keeps asking his Mum lots of questions starting with 'Hoo'll...' to which she always responds with 'Owl...'

'Hoo'll catch me when I flutter and fall?
Owl catch you, tail feathers and all'...
'Hoo'll show me how to be curious and clever
Owl show you ropes, kid, now and forever'

I loved the soothing rhythm of rhyming couplets full of rea
Sadaf sarkar
Dec 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Good concept but somehow I feel the execution and wording did not work for me .The illustrations were beautiful and eye soothing
Maya
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

This is such a quick sweet read about a small baby owl and her flight through the night with her owl mama. It's as stated in the blurb, an questions and answers type of bedtime book. I can well imagine a fun play before sleep between the child and their parent, where the child can read those questions and their parent answers them. Also the illustrations are so beautifully done, I completely fell in love with them. What I did miss was perhaps more of
Max
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
The visuals are stunning in this lovely little adventure. The use of colours is soothing and really fits the overall mood of the book. I wish there was a little story instead of dialogue only, but this would be fun to play and read together with a child before bedtime. One of the better children's books I read, the drawings just make it so wonderful.

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the ARC. These are my opinions and are in no way influenced by the fact I got the ARC for free.
La Coccinelle
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: children, netgalley, arc
This book just didn't work that well for me. I can see how it might appeal to some readers, but for me, the whole pun thing grated on my nerves and I just couldn't get past it.

The story is a rhyming back-and-forth between a young owl and its mother. I don't have a problem with that. What I do have a problem with is the continual use of "hoo'll" instead of "who'll" and "owl" instead of "I'll". I can't help but be reminded of what happened when a particular Christmas movie came out and we ended up
Etienne
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Marvelous illustration with a poetic writing style. Not much in term of storyline but a charming nonetheless.
This is a sweet little picture book of the love a mother owl feels for her child, as they travel the nighttime area by their home, and see the other wildlife going about.

Reassuring, beautiful pictures, but not an actually story there. More like affirmations and reassurances.

Owl Love you

Thanks to Netgalley for making this book available for an honest review.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cybils
A call-and-response between a mama owl and her baby owl is the heart of this little story. The use of "Hoo'll" and "Owl" puns in the call-and-response make for great fun.
Richard
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
A charming brightly illustrated book to lull a child to sleep.
A simple tale of an owlet out on a clear night with their parent learning about the world but above everything else being reassurred that they are loved.
Children can become a pain always asking questions, most demanding for me is Why?
This young owl has many questions, they all start with who will "Hoo'll" ?
The answer each time is I will "Owl" as in the title I will love you.
A clever insight into this dependency on a parent, the re-enf
Martha
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is terribly sweet. My rating 4.5.

Baby owl’s day starts at sun set while human children are going to bed. Mama owl takes baby out to show him the nighttime forest full of other creatures. Baby owl asks natural questions to which mama owl provides loving answers. The story is written in light, gentle rhyming which is pleasant to read. The illustrations are skilled and charming. This would make a lovely book to read to children as a bed time story or anytime during the day.

Quote:
"Hoo'll cat
Nathan
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Filled with gorgeous, striking illustrations, the book, which was apparently designed to help children finally fall asleep, is a cute reminder that some critters are just getting started when the sun goes down, and that a whole new (animal) world comes out to play. The author provides the poetic story of a mom and baby owl as they fly through the night on a tour of the area.

Many thanks to NetGalley and Cameron & Company for the advance read.
Danielle
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is sweet little book. The illustrations are adorable, there is so much personality in the faces of the owls and all their woodland companions. The story itself is quietly reassuring. It would be a perfect bedtime story.
Thank you to NetGalley for an early copy of this lovely book in exchange for an honest review.
Carina
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018, netgalley
Amazing illustrations! The book is simple but the message is great: parents will always be there for you, no matter what happens.

I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Molly
The art in this is phenomenal. It reminded me a lot of Stellaluna, and that is high praise.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OWL LOVE YOU
Written and Illustrated by Matthew Heroux and Wednesday Kirwan
2018; Cameron and Company (32 pages)
Genre: picture book, owls, family

(Review Not on Blog)

RATING: 4.5 STARS

Owls, puns, and a tear-jerker! I love the amazing illustrations in this book. Each is worthy of framing. This is a great story for bedtime where a mom reassures her child she will always be there for them.

***I received an eARC from NETGALLEY***
Julia
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am not quite sure why my sister suggested this book to me but I am so glad that she did and that I chose to read it.

This is one of those very rare and special books that although there may not be much of a story the message is strong enough to warm the hearts of readers young and old. It provides the readers with a chance to revist their childhood in which frightening questions and scenarios always seemed not too far away and the hope when your loving parents could do no wrong as they were
Monique S.
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Owl Love You" tells the story of a mother owl teaching her baby about life, and solidifying the love and dedication she has for this baby. The mother owl's words are informational and touching, and the illustrations are stunning. I highly recommend reading this to a young child before bed.

This is such a precious book!

I received this book from NetGalley and the book's publisher in exchange for my honest review, for which I am very grateful.
Ash | EmeraldBookOwl
I was immediately drawn to "Owl Love You" by the beautiful cover. This is a sweet bedtime story about an owl and baby. The page-by-page illustrations highlight all of the beautiful, animal souls inhabiting the forest. This is a story of parenthood and facing our fears while feeling safe and protected. The use of rhymes and puns were a perfect touch.

Thanks to Netgalley for making this book available for an honest review.
Autumn
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We received this book via NetGalley to give an honest review.
This book is an AMAZING read! The cover and title called out to me to request this book and I am very glad I did. A and I read this at bedtime and honestly, I was very surprised with how vibrant the colors were! It was perfect for this book. With each page, we start off with the word Hoo'll instead of who and end the sentence with Owl instead of I'll which is really neat. A and I got a kick out of using those words. This book is just r
January Gray
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great bed time book for the kiddos and family. Beautiful and fun. Bed time reading is a great way to get your children interested in reading. Start with this one!
Rogene Carter
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's so rare to find a book that you so instantaneously fall in love with. This was a gift and a delight for me in so many ways.
Melissa
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s, art, arc, ebooks
A sweet little bedtime story book about an owl and its baby. Although the book jacket says it's a mama owl, the story itself doesn't specify so a dad could just as easily read this book to his child.
Storywraps
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The sun goes to sleep and Mama and her baby owl wake up... it's time to fly into the night and unlock what it has to offer.

"The sun is setting. Open your eyes.
No more sleeping, little one, wake up! Surprise!"

Immediately sweet little owlet begins to fire questions at his Mama wondering about his safety and protection for the night. He asks questions like: Hoo'll catch me when I flutter and fall?, Hoo'll fly by my side and keep me in sight?, and Hoo'll make up a song and sing me a tune? just to
Rachel
*thank you to Netgalley and Cameron & Company/Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

5 stars.

A truly beautiful book! The artwork was just stunning and so lovely to look at. You could easily spend extra time on each page taking in all of it. Just loved it! The story was just so sweet and beautifully told. A really great book to read to children, expecually at bedtime, but this is also one adults will enjoy. Highly recommended!
The Story Girl
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids, netgalley
This is such a fun bedtime story for kids in which a mother owl wakes up her baby at night and re-assures her of her love. It has nice rhymes, and I like how they incorporated the owls and the sounds they make into the spelling of the words. In addition, there was some beautiful imagery and encouraging words, but the illustrations in this book are what really stood out to me. They were just stunning and some of the best I have seen in children's literature so far!

Gabriela
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such beautiful illustrations and loving rhymes! Kids will definitely love this book!

I was impressed by the images and candid words. The magical natural world at nighttime is unfolding its secrets and love, cute animals painted with the heart, lively vivid colours and clear messages on each section.
This book is a little gem I’ll make sure to buy as soon as available in my country.

Many thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read and review this arc.
Paul Franco
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
With plenty of rhyme and nightscapes, this book shows a momma owl’s love for her little one as she teaches about the nocturnal world they live in.
Unlike a lot of rhyming books, this one keeps a very singsongy pace, as though the authors actually know how to write poetry in its proper meter.
There’s a lot of hedgehogs, possibly because they look fun to draw. Bats, not so much. The art is done in broad strokes of watercolor, not all that big a deal but fitting with the theme.
Julie
Cute illustrations with couplets on each page reflecting the baby owl's need for companionship and love - as in, "Hoo'll hang with me when my friends aren't around?" and the mama's answer, "Owl hang with you when things feel upside down" (illustrated featuring the baby hanging on tree branches upside-down with an adorable group of bats). Clever wordplay throughout, and I love that the husband and wife author-illustrator team collaborated on this book.