Start by marking “The Victorian Christmas Brides Collection: 9 Women Dream of Perfect Christmases during the Victorian Era” as Want to Read:

(Barbour Christmas Collections)

Experience a Dickens of a Christmas

Faced with the daily extremes of gluttony and want in the Victorian Era, nine women seek to create the perfect Christmas celebrations. But will expectations and pride cause them to overlook imperfect men who offer true love?

Paper Snowflake Christmas by Vanessa Riley
1837 Framlingham, England
How can widow Ophelia Hanover give her son a
Published September 1st 2018 by Barbour Books

Start your review of The Victorian Christmas Brides Collection: 9 Women Dream of Perfect Christmases during the Victorian Era
Sarita
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-free
I enjoyed this collection of short stories. It is a great way to find new authors, and with each story only about 50 pages, it is just the thing if you only have an hour here and there to curl up with a cup of coffee or tea and looking for a sweet Christmas read.

One Golden Ring by C.J. Chase - 4.5 stars
I really enjoyed this story - like-able characters with a past story, some humerus banter and a sweet ending. It was bitter-sweet to see this end.

Star of Wonder by Susanne Dietze - 3.5 stars
This
Deanne Patterson
Oh my goodness, this was such a fun Christmas read that really made me feel happy and added to the holiday season. Despite the characters being flawed, as we all are they worked to overcome and make themselves and their world a better place. Very encouraging stories your going to enjoy reading!
Pub Date 01 Sep 2018
I received a complimentary copy of this book . Thank you. All opinions expressed are my own.
Melissa Henderson
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful stories set in the 1800's. Each author shares a story of Christmas wishes, turmoil, the desire of the characters to have the perfect Christmas and more. From missing jewels to love letters to a possibly pre-arranged marriage, I enjoyed reading each story and learning about the characters. This is a great compilation to read at any time of the year. I received a copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and this is my personal honest opinion. No review was required.
Kav
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Overall Review: A superb collection of holiday romances that reflect the true meaning of Christmas. The physical book is stunning -- including beveled edges and gorgeous end page art. Would make a great gift for the discerning reader on your Christmas list...but be sure to buy one for yourself as well!

Novella Reviews:

One Golden Ring by C. J. Chase -- C.J. Chase is a new-to-me author but I'll certainly be hunting down more of her books after reading this exquisite novella. With an Austenish
Regina
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Victorian Christmas Brides Collection
Find a cozy place to dig in, step back in time to the 1800’s, and set your heart towards these nine beautiful Christmas stories! Nine well-known and talented authors will sweep you away to the Victorian Era. I do have to say I love the cover the book!

One Golden Ring by C.J. Chase
Marianna and Tristam have a history that led these two split five years ago. Now they face each other, her as a companion and him as the new Lord of the manor. How will this
Literary Soirée
Barbour Publishing has me happily traveling all over today, through history and time, and now I’m ensconced in The Victorian Christmas Brides Collection, addictively reading nine amazing stories from authors totally new to me. I’m in Victorian heaven. Please pass the wassail! 5/5

Pub Date 01 Sep 2018

Thanks to Barbour Books and NetGalley for the review copy. Opinions are fully mine.

#TheVictorianChristmasBridesCollection #NetGalley
Lucy
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy these Barbour Collections, but sometimes they are exceptional and this is one of them. The cover and pages are beautiful and draw you right in. It consists of nine stories by nine stellar authors. I loved that during a busy time I could sit and read one story at a time, as they are each independent. Your imagination runs wild while reading as each story captures time and place and you can picture the clothing and Victorian Era at Christmas. See those candles burning on the ...more
Ellen White
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
ICTORIAN CHRISTMAS BRIDES
A good collection of 9 stories to reflect of an era in the mid 1800’s.
The glamor is what we usual think of at this time. In these, we see a wounded soldier, honoring his mother for a family Christmas. A widow mother afraid her son maybe taken by his guardian. The wishes in all is to make it a special Christmas. Delightful to read one or all, not just at Christmas. Given ARC Net Galley and Barbour Publishers.
Julia
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Victorian Christmas Brides Collection is a wonderful set of nine delightful Christian historical stories with the backdrop of Christmas. Set in the nineteenth century, some are in America and some in England. All are heart warming and leave the reader smiling. With similar themes, you are in for a real treat. Did I have a favourite? I am afraid not as they were all fabulous.
One Golden Ring by C.J. Chase is a sweet story of love, loyalty, second chances and new beginnings. Long standing
•Melanie Elizabeth• {To tea, or not to tea? ☕️}
Full of heart warming tales, these stories are wound beautifully around the spirit of Christmas.

Set it the 1900’s, the authors have done a wonderful job of displaying holiday cheer and Christian values in a Victorian setting.

I received a copy of this book from Barbour Publishing. Opinion in this review are entirely my own.
Deanna Stevens
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-read
This era is a favorite read for me and these ladies have done a wonderful job of making Christmas dreams come true! Each story different but oh such interesting goings on.. If you like the Victorian Era.. You should enjoy this collection, I certainly did!
Sherry
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-on-kindle
A great book by some great authors. A collection of novellas set in the Victorian times during the Christmas season each story is well written with well developed characters. That being said I do wish some of the stories were made into a full length book as I would have liked to have read more about each. Each authors did their research on not only the time period but also the locations. God's wondrous words and love, along with lessons about trusting God, are gently weaved into their story.
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Victorian Christmas Brides Collection is the perfect anthology to add to your list of books to read for the holiday season. With nine authors offering a taste of Yuletide romance this anthology will certainly put you in the Christmas spirit.

While most of the stories held my attention, at times I felt myself struggling with things like crazy character names that had me tongue-tied (Tristram?), implausible plot lines like forced marriages that were not legally binding in any universe, and
Tina
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own

I love reading Christmas stories, especially those set in 1800’s Victorian era as this one is. Written by 9 well-known gifted authors, giving the reader a variety of not only enjoyable stories but their own unique writing styles. Each story takes us on a journey through various locations in England, Canada and America. On our “travels” we see how each characters’ desire is to have the perfect
Betti
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This collection has nine novellas set in Victorian times, when caring, understanding and love were just as important as they are today.
The Golden Ring - C. J. Chase
Friends that might have been lovers, had the war not intervened, meet again. Choices that should not have been made have led to financial ruin and the loss of something very precious. Can a misunderstanding explained lead to the return of a long lost love?
Star of Wonder - Susanne Dietze
Can an arranged marriage lead to love? Perhaps
Sunnie
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love reading these novella collections Which I seem to be happily collecting btw! There are 9 stories set in the 1800 time frame and nice Christmas stories. But great even for warm summer days! There were several new authors for me. And I enjoyed their style, their stories making for a wonderful reading collection. It would be nice to see some of these stories developed into a full length book. Great stories!

These were happy stories that leave you happy that you were able to read them. Because
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Victorian Christmas Brides Collection, published by Barbour Books and written by a number of authors, is a collection of Victorian romance stories set in the Christmas time of the year. Authors such as CJ Chase; Susanne Dietze; Rita Gerlach; Kathleen Maher; Gabrielle Meyer; Carrie Fancett Pagels; Vanessa Riley; Lorna Seilstad, and Erica Vetsch. All established authors.

This collection of short stories was a charming and delightful romantic read; a read in which the girl and the guy are
Molly Jaber (Cover To Cover Cafe)
This collaboration of novellas is beautiful! Each one is filled with lovable characters and depth. The messages form God are woven intricately within and I was definitely captivated throughout. Four stars and recommendations for sure!
Ruby
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have always enjoyed the Victorian era and lovers of Dickens will surely enjoy a few of these touching tales of weddings, love, and the serene touch of a woman's heart. From Canada to across the pond, each tale from a different author will enchant you with a feeling of the holidays and bring your tidings of joy and warmth from the initial hello to the part where they say I do. These are the kind of books that lift up your spirits and make it Christmas all year long.
Emily Yager
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas, victorian
The Victorian Era and Christmas. What better way to have them both at the same time then in a collection of stories in a book. All of the Victorian charm with a lighter Dickens tone.
This collection of nine stories by nine amazing authors, some I've read before and a few new one's to me, contain all the charming and romantic elements that we all want in a sweet Christmas cheer read.

I loved every story, I honestly could not choose a favorite from amongst them.
JoAnn
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a very well written collection of Christmas tales. I enjoyed each selection. Some of the authors were new to me. It is always nice to find new authors that I enjoy. I highly recommend this book. I received an arc from the publisher via Netgalley and this is my unbiased review.
Susan Snodgrass
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I find these novella collections to be very nice. Nine stories included here by some good Christian authors. You can read one at a sitting and take your time reading the entire collection. A perfect read for a vacation when you don't have hours and hours to devote to a full length novel.

*My thanks to Barbour Publishing for a copy of this book. A review was not expected and my opinion is entirely my own.
Robin
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Each of the stories in this collection tugged at my heart. Well written and engaging from the opening. Highly recommend. I received an advance reader copy from net galley. Opinions are my own.
Kai
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
This is a collection of 9 stories of romance that take place at Christmas time during the Victorian era. Overall it was a very enjoyable read that I would recommend. My favorite story from the collection was Paper Snowflake Christmas by Vanessa Riley.

One Golden Ring by C.J. Chase

Marianna Granville is the companion to Tristram Nowell’s aunt. Tristram is not happy to see Marianna again because he believes that she turned down his proposal years ago because she wanted to please her father and marry
LA
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This collection of Christmas novellas is a fun Christmas read. Some stories take place in England and others take place in America.
The first story grabbed my attention right away, One Golden Ring by C.J. Chase. This is a beautiful story of unknown sacrifice, reunion, and restoration. Marianna once used to be part of high society until the death of her father brought her to poverty. She sacrificed what she could for the man who wanted to marry her so that his family would not be brought to shame
Tabitha Bouldin
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed each of these books individually and as a group. They are all separate from one another but work well as a collection of Christmas novellas. Each story is different, the characters unique, and the settings perfect for Victorian Christmas.

The trials endured through each story were both heartfelt, and at times, heartbreaking. While the women face arranged marriages, loss, and poverty, they never lose sight of God and His ability to bring them through the Christmas season. The men are
Diana Montgomery
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful Victorian collection of 9 wonderful Christmas stories from the time of the 1800's. Written by nine wonderful authors. Each telling a Christmas story from different parts of the world. Carrie's story The Sugarplum Ladies left me wanting to make a trip to Mackinac Island. Eugenie in need of a lawyer for someone trying to say he is engaged to marry her. Meets Mr. Gladstone and now needs to wonder what are his intentions towards her. Loved this novella. Carrie has a way of writing a ...more
Andrea Byers
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Victorian Christmas Brides Collection
Stories by C J Chase, Susanne Dietze, Rita Gerlach, Kathleen Maher, Gabrielle Meyer, Carrie Fancett Pagels, Vanessa Riley, Lorna Seilstad and Erica Vetsch
I loved each and every one of these stories. I’d be hard pressed to find a favorite among them. All are well told and keep one’s attention. A wonderful read for the season and all heartwarming to not only put you in the mood for Christmas, but leave you feeling content and happy.
A complimentary copy was
Anna
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Victorian Christmas Brides Collection Experience a Dickens of a Christmas 9 Women Dream of Perfect Christmases during the Victorian Era by C.J. Chase, Susanne Dietze, Rita Gerlach, Kathleen L. Maher, Gabrielle Meyer, Carrie Fancett Pagels, Vanessa Riley, Lorna Seilstad, Erica Vetsch

I love these collections of short novels by Barbour; they are inspiring, they speak at the heart and in particular they communicate great and good feelings. The cover of these Victorians short Christmas's novels
Catherine Richmond
What a delightful collection! Vanessa Riley's Paper Snowflake Christmas, of a mother separated from her child over the holiday, was especially wrenching. In Lorna Seilstad's Father Christmas, a widow struggles to find herself - and love - while battling a battle-ax of a mother-in-law. Kathleen Maher's Love Brick by Brick, set at Gleason's Water Cure, intrigued me since I'd written about mineral springs resorts in Gilding the Waters. All around wonderful stories!
Goodreads Librari...: Help with assigning a book to me, please 3 14 Feb 26, 2018 09:59AM

• Ladies of Intrigue: 3 Tales of 19th-Century Romance with a Dash of Mystery
  • The Christmas Prayer
  • The Great Lakes Lighthouse Brides Collection: 7 Historical Romances are a Beacon of Hope to Weary Hearts
  • The Christmas Heirloom: Four Holiday Novellas of Love Through the Generations
  • Old West Christmas Brides: 6 Historical Romances Celebrate Christmas on the Frontier
  • A Tale of Two Hearts (Once Upon a Dickens Christmas, #2)
  • The Cumberland Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #5)
  • The Alamo Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #7)
  • More Than Words Can Say (Patchwork Family, #2)
  • The Patriot Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #4)
  • My Heart Belongs in the Blue Ridge: Laurel's Dream
  • My Heart Belongs in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania: Clarissa's Conflict
  • The Governess of Penwythe Hall (Cornwall, #1)
  • Flights of Fancy (American Heiresses, #1)
  • The Noble Guardian (The Bow Street Runners #3)
  • An Hour Unspent (Shadows Over England, #3)
  • The Hope Jar (The Prayer Jars #1)
  • A Desperate Hope (Empire State, #3)
Winner of the 2010 Golden Heart for Best Inspirational Manuscript, C.J. Chase likes to make her characters solve mysteries, wrestle with the difficult issues of life and faith, and fall in love. All wrapped up with a happy ending, of course.

Like a character in one of her novels, C.J. took a circuitous route to her own happy ending as an author. Armed with a degree in statistics, she began a

Barbour Christmas Collections (9 books)
  • A Prairie Christmas Collection
  • A Log Cabin Christmas Collection
  • A Patchwork Christmas Collection
  • A Pioneer Christmas Collection
  • An Old-Fashioned Christmas Romance Collection: 9 Stories Celebrate Christmas Traditions and Love from Bygone Years
  • The Westward Christmas Brides Collection: 9 Historical Romances Answer the Call of the American West
  • The Christmas Brides Collection: 9 Historical Romances Promise Love Fulfilled at Christmastime
  • A Basket Brigade Christmas: Three Women, Three Love Stories, One Country Divided