Start by marking “A Storm of Ice and Stars” as Want to Read:
A Storm of Ice and Stars

A Storm of Ice and Stars

(Skane #2)

Ice, myth, magic and danger in this bone-chilling, page-turning, beautifully written fantasy novel set in the same world as A SHIVER OF SNOW AND SKY. Blood-red lights have appeared in the sky over the frozen island of Skane, causing a cloak of fear and suspicion to fall over the village like a blanket of snow. In a desperate attempt to keep out the plague, the village elde ...more
Published October 4th 2018 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about A Storm of Ice and Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Storm of Ice and Stars

Start your review of A Storm of Ice and Stars
Nikki
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a prequel to A Shiver of Snow and Sky, but I definitely feel that it needs to be read after. It’s set in the same gorgeous universe and has the same lovely and evocative writing as ASOSAS, but the foreshadowing for it is a little spoilery - I think it makes more sense to read it second.

And it is stunningly written, as the first one is. They are however very similar. They both have the red lights, and outcast girls, and journeys across the island. That was, for me, a little bit of a sham
Wiola Myszkowska
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Rozbrajają mnie jej opowieści.
Andrew
Dec 21, 2018 marked it as did-not-finished-dnf
DNF (for time being) at 58% [16th December 2018]

I think am not in right frame of mind for this at the moment. Bit too slow and I want something more punchy. Will hopefully return to this at a later date, as I really liked the world and the writing.
Christina Reid
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
The writing is beautifully evocative and the landscape of Skane feels almost like the main character in this prequel to A Shiver of Snow and Sky.
Janna, Enja and her pet fox are interesting, brave main characters and the quest they go on treads through places left untouched for hundreds of years. I loved the runes in the caves, the mythology and campfire stories and the wolves prowling the perimeters of isolated villages.
Yet, somehow, I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first. Jan
Lola Smith
Dec 31, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a bit of a disappointment especially considering how much I loved A Shiver of Snow and Sky which I read this time last year.
I think the writing was just as beautiful and magical but the two plots seemed quite similar to me, just this one seemed more random and less engaging. The characters also fell a little flat particularly Janna. I do like how the two stories linked together at the end, I thought that was cleverly done.

Concept: 4/5
Characters: 2/5
Plot: 2/
Lotte
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review originally published on The Reading Hobbit

I read and reviewed Lueddecke's first book, A Shiver of Snow and Sky, set in the same world, about a year ago. I really enjoyed it, and was delighted to find out there was another book coming! I read this this week, during cold weather and I loved it. It's a very atmospheric book and you really feel the cold as you travel with the main characters through this rough and icy landscape that is Skane. This world is something I really like, because it
Maja Baek
Mar 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
Karoline Andrew
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beautiful book cover which matches its shelf mate, enjoyable writing style which flows quite quickly and really nice characters who you genuinely feel for in the end. Epic descriptions of the landscape and stories and I enjoyed the occasional flashback to see Sølvi and the build up of that story up to the end. (Also, this is a prequel to A Shiver of Snow and Sky but should be read after it).

My downsides to this book is how similar it is in plot to the first one which is a bit of a sh
Robin Fay
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amy Lewis
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sophie Sternschuss
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and going back into reading some ya. This mystical/fantasy world really drew me in and I loved the location created. I was left slightly underwhelmed by the ending and feel it could of been mad a bit more dramatic ? Or maybe it was just my typical reading the last few pages too quickly to take it all in. Would like the read this authors other book
Becca  ☾☁︎⋆ (PrettyLittleMemoirs.com)
review coming 12/10 as part of the blog tour! A snippet below...

"I've been in a bit of a book-rut lately and A Storm of Ice and Stars has totally just reignited my love for YA Fiction all over again.."
Holly Melissa Jennings
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was so fun to read ☺ ...more
Rebecca
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely incredible book! Just as good as Lisa's previous book set in the same world. I loved it!!
Cliodhna Farren
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I loved the way everything tied together, and how the island was portrayed as a living thing. The flashbacks broke up the story nicely and helped with tying it all together.
Kimi
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lucy
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Skane is a world full of fear. The atmosphere is great and I enjoyed it. The lights turn red which starts the fear and paranoia of the villagers. I loved the first book and I felt that this book didn't really live up to the first one. This book was okay but I didn't really feel it was needed. It felt to me like nothing was really gained in the book. I probably won't read it again even though I enjoyed it.
Helen Flohr
Eve
rated it it was ok
Aug 06, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Song of Sorrow (Sorrow, #2)
  • The Truth About Keeping Secrets
  • Fierce Fragile Hearts (Beautiful Broken Things, #2)
  • The Darkest Bloom (Shadowscent, #1)
  • The Light Between Worlds
  • The Twisted Tree
  • The Quiet at the End of the World
  • The Starlight Watchmaker
  • The Burning
  • Spark (Skin Books, #2)
  • Beyond a Darkened Shore
  • Viper (Isles of Storm and Sorrow #1)
  • The Paper & Hearts Society (The Paper & Hearts Society, #1)
  • State of Sorrow (Sorrow, #1)
  • The Kingdom
  • This Lie Will Kill You
  • The Devouring Gray (The Devouring Gray, #1)
  • We Are Blood and Thunder (We Are Blood and Thunder, #1)

Skane (2 books)
  • A Shiver of Snow and Sky (Skane, #1)