Start by marking “Paul, Apostle of Christ: The Novelization of the Major Motion Picture” as Want to Read:
Paul, Apostle of Christ: The Novelization of the Major Motion Picture

Paul, Apostle of Christ: The Novelization of the Major Motion Picture

Paul, Apostle of Christ is the story of two men. Luke, as a friend and physician, risks his life every time he ventures into the city of Rome to visit Paul, held captive in Nero's bleakest prison cell. Before Paul's execution, Luke resolves to write another book, one that details the beginnings of "The Way" and the birth of what will come to be known as the church. But Ner ...more
Published March 6th 2018 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Paul, Apostle of Christ, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paul, Apostle of Christ

Anthony Jackson
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can not say enough to explain how good this book was. Although this book was fiction the book has many things that were happening in Rome around this time. It tells the story of how the book of Acts was written. I love this book and I can't wait until another book like this one and Risen comes out.
Marguerite Gray
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh how I grieved over the abuse and sheer darkness of Rome during Nero's rule. A time when Christians faced sever, bloody persecution. A time rivaled with the Holocaust. Sheer hatred and scorn. And in this time the lives of Paul, Luke, Priscilla, and Aquila entwine to further the cause of Christ amidst evil, fear, and confusion. I cried, questioned, and speculated with the author about the end of Paul's life.
Kim
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This has to be one of my top favorite books....I love seeing the people in the Bible become real people. Growing up I thought they were all perfect. But to see the God used people that had no special talents or messed up in a big way has made me look at God and life with a better perspective.
Maria Marino
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, fiction
Paul, Apostle of Christ is a work of fiction. About actual people who existed long ago. Set to be released after the anticipated motion picture. Quite the tall order for author Angela Hunt to create a compelling, convincing novel you won’t want to put down. What better way, I thought, to measure the merit of the book than reading it through the eyes of a suspicious skeptic and heart of a convicted Christian?

How well does the storyline stack up as an accurate reflection of the Bible and what hist
Celina
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I'm sure we have all heard horrifying accounts of how Nero burned hundreds (thousands?) of Christians alive, and how they were called Roman candles. But what I never stopped to think about was the details of what could have transpired. I never thought about how some Christians will have walked the streets of Rome with their heads down, minding their own business, only to look up at a clamouring crowd to realize that their friends, their brothers and sisters, were being led captive through the ci
Prairie Sky Book Reviews
If you’ve watched the newly released, major motion picture entitled “Paul, Apostle of Christ” from Affirm Films, (and even if you haven’t!) the novelization written by Angela Hunt is also a definite must-read. Based on the screenplay by Andrew Hyatt and published by Bethany House just before Easter 2018, this powerful story sweeps us away to the lives of Paul and Luke, and reveals a behind-the-scenes retelling of how “their faith challenged an empire”.

So, here are 5 great reasons to pick up a c
Sean Russell
Angela Hunt's novelization of "Paul, Apostle of Christ" is a wonder. The film was very good with one of the most powerful finishes in memory (that last minute of the film just swept me up and impacted me for weeks after!)--but the novel takes us deeper into the world of Paul and the threat posed against the people of the Way during Nero's atrocities in Rome. It's a novel that will move you and imprint these two giants of Biblical history into your mind and heart.

Wonderfully written, I experienc
Nat Medlen
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have always been interested in the Apostle Paul, but I must admit this book was purchased on a whim when I was out shopping at the local Sam's Club. I picked it up and thought I would buy it in case I had time to read something later in the summer. I started it on one Saturday and finished it on the following Saturday. When I picked it up I found myself wanting to read just a little more. When I read for leisure, I usually read at night to relax and prepare for bed. With this book, I wanted to ...more
JoshuaS_8Rdg
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deyth Banger
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
"October 9, 2018 –
15.0% "It's great material if you are into bible and religion... if you want to learn more about this topics here it's the best place."
October 9, 2018 –
15.0% "24:05"
October 9, 2018 – Shelved
October 9, 2018 – Started Reading"

- It's strange what people do for the name of faith this book is an example how far faith goes... where is written that human sacrafice is necessary?

...

It's not a Good excuse to take an human life... it's just not an excuse!
CindyHunt
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unforgettable

Even though fiction is blended with Biblical truth, you feel as though you are there with not only Paul and Luke, but also with Aquila and Priscilla and the others as they strive to live and die for their Saviour, our Lord Jesus Christ. This story will bless you and remind each of us how we truly should be living. You will want to keep the tissues handy.
Lisa Peterson
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Paul, Apostle of Christ

Excellent read on how life may have been for the early Christians. Hunt always has such interesting details and is able to lace her characters in authentic situations.
Leslie Vorndran
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so glad to have read this book after studying the book of Acts. This gave me a 3D perspective on Paul’s life, struggles, and ministry. Early believers had such deep, strong faith to endure torture and fear. Christians today have much to learn from those who have live - and died - before us.
David Sprague
Nov 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Good job. The book kept me interested throughout. I am nevertheless still skeptical that Jesus actually appeared to Paul in the desert. His companions vaguely heard voices but it is weakly supported. It is remarkable that the civilized world for centuries so readily accepts this claim.
Diana Montgomery
A wonderful movie based on the Bible. Luke risks his own life to visit Paul who is being held captive in a Roman prison.under the ruling of Nero. They struggle together to spread the word of Christ. A wonderful book and going to be a wonderful movie.
Sandy Kennedy
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish that I had read the book before seeing the movie.
Robin Hatcher
I loved this telling of Paul's last weeks of his life and the writing of the Book of Acts (of the Apostles). I haven't yet seen the movie but am eager to do so now.
Candy Pitkin
Feb 18, 2019
Veronica
Jul 15, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Christy-Award winner Angela Hunt writes for readers who have learned to expect the unexpected in novels from this versatile author. With over three million copies of her books sold worldwide, she is the best-selling author of more than 100 works ranging from picture books (The Tale of Three Trees) to novels.

Now that her two children have reached their thirties, Angie and her husband live in Florid
“but whoever heeds reproof acquires understanding.” 0 likes
“Because love suffers long. Love is kind. Love does not envy. Love does not dishonor. Love does not seek its own way. Love is not easily angered. Love does not delight in evil. Love rejoices in truth. Love protects, trusts, hopes, and endures all things.” 0 likes