Start by marking “A Second Chance House (Heritage River #1)” as Want to Read:
A Second Chance House (Heritage River #1)

A Second Chance House

(Heritage River #1)

Grace Starr plans. She likes order, organization, and the smell of bleach. When her ex-husband evicts her from her predictable life, she’s faced with the hit-you-between-the-eyes realization she’s been a bystander in her own life. Then a letter arrives. An anonymous donor gifts her a worn-out house in a small town.

She’ll have to put up with the neighbor. Blaise Savage is
Published March 7th 2018 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about A Second Chance House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Second Chance House

Start your review of A Second Chance House (Heritage River #1)
Phyllis Schiavone
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lovable characters in an absolute page turner

Lovable characters and a great story paired up to keep me turning pages at a frantic pace. My only regret is that it wasn't longer. I'd like to continue getting to know these characters more!
Sean Carlin
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely delightful little romantic drama! Grace, a middle-aged divorcée from Jersey, inherits a fixer-upper in Tennessee from an anonymous benefactor, and soon falls for Blaise, the washed-up rock star next door. A Second Chance House is a really cute fish-out-of-water love story.

And since this is not a genre I typically read, I was pleasantly surprised to discover it in no way coasts on its admittedly high-concept, wish-fulfillment premise. Stacey Wilk enriches the story by giving every c
J.B.
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wonderfully written, heartwarming story about a woman's chance to start over with the surprise gift of The Disaster House. Satisfying romance story line, but I enjoyed the realistic various family dynamics (on both Blaise's side and Grace's) even more. Charming southern setting/characters, too! I will definitely be reading other books by this author!
Kristen Lewendon
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This book really is a family saga, and it seems to be mostly about where these two families intersect. Just as Grace’s life is imploding, she gets the opportunity for a new start. Blaise’s bad decisions are all coming home to roost at the same time. Can these uncomfortable neighbors become unlikely allies in getting everything they ever dreamed of? There’s a lot of story here, but it’s all necessary. As the first in the series, there’s some stage setting that needs to happen to introduce us ...more
Magali
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Quite surprising romantic story because it's exciting without having big events.
The style of this story is such that I was taken by the story although there is little going on, and the seduction between the two main characters is very slow. The comparison between an abandoned house that needs a second chance and the lives of the two main characters is pretty good.
Grace wants to get away from her ex-husband who is going to remarry and whose girlfriend is pregnant. She inherits (and she doesn't kn
Maria Lokken
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's not often that I have the chance to read a book that is satisfying from beginning to the end, and "A Second Chance House" was that book for me.

There are so many things to love about this book, chief amongst them is the author's voice and her ability to tell a story that will keep you turning the pages.

The characters the author created were so vivid they leapt off the page. It was more like watching a movie than reading a book.

I don’t want to spoil one minute of this book by explaining wh
Shelly Celli
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
This story is absolutely perfect. Each of the characters have their struggles and pasts, but being in this small town and working together on a common project, things start to look up for them all. Only problem is that curiosity killed the cat, or in this case, the project that was holding them together. This is a definite must read and will fill your heart with emotions the whole way through. I’m voluntarily reviewing an advanced reader copy of this book.
Patricia Baxes
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a truly remarkable book! This was my first read by Stacey Will—and man was I impressed! Absolutely terrific storyline; heartfelt characters; perfect amount of twists and turns; and a HEA that takes your breath away. This is a keeper! (I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book and was blown away.) ❤️❤️
Kathy Constantine
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A gift of a house? By an anonymous donor? What a fun story idea. Second Chance House is the first book in the Heritage River series. I Ioved the sexy, "washed up" drummer hero, Blaise. I fell in love with the small town and the characters. Can't wait to read Colton's story next. He's going to need a strong woman to tame his stuck-in-the-glory-days-rock-band-ways.
Kim Ruiz
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a charming read. Grace a divorced mom is gifted a house anonymously. Blaise an out of date country rock star happens to live next door. You have small town , enjoyable main and supporting characters. Real family dynamics mixed in makes for an book you sink into. Definitely worth the read. I received a free copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving a review.
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Grace is having some life altering realizations as she is faced with middle age and divorce. The characters are wrapped in drama as the story unfolds to give us insight in to the true makeup of the characters as they go about their lives. This is an interesting story that will keep you turning the pages until the last on
Nancy
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent book and I would recommend this book to anyone who wants and excellent read. I look forward to reading more of this author's work.
Patti
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I liked this sweet second chance at life story. The characters are authentic. They make mistakes. They hurt. They love. They change. The plot of a divorced mother of a college bound daughter is emotional. As you read you feel as if you are part of this small town that seems to breathe life into its residents. This is a well done and engaging story that makes you feel good.

I voluntarily reviewed this after receiving a free copy.
Selena
Apr 30, 2018
tracy nees
Apr 15, 2018
Bernadette English
rated it did not like it
Jan 26, 2019
Apr 19, 2019
Kelly Albright
Apr 19, 2019

• Finders Keepers: The Purse
  • Heartland (True North, #7)
  • Marrying My Billionaire Boss
  • Charmer
  • Missing from Me (Sixth Street Bands, #3)
  • Illusion on Ice (Boys of Winter #7)
  • Lost for You (Sixth Street Bands, #4)
  • Fall with Me (Sixth Street Bands, #2)
  • Down to You (Sixth Street Bands, #5)
  • Still Go Crazy (Swoon #5)
  • The Sky of Endless Blue (Dare Valley, #12)
  • Sure Shot (Brooklyn #4)
  • Love at Last (Love in the Vineyards, #1)
  • Just One Regret (Just One Song #3)
  • Then Came You (Lake Howling #7)
  • Perfectly Played
  • Drive Me Crazy (RoadTripping, #1)
  • Easy This Time (Boudreaux Universe)
From an early age, Stacey Wilk told tales as a way to escape. At six she wrote short stories in composition notebooks, at twelve she wrote a novel on a typewriter, in high school biology she wrote rock star romances in her binder instead of paying attention.

But it wasn’t until many years later, inspired by her children and a looming birthday, that she finally took her story-telling seriously. And

News & Interviews