Start by marking “Triple Homicide: From the case files of Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, and the Women's Murder Club” as Want to Read:

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  725 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
James Patterson's greatest detectives are together for the first time! Read 3 electrifying thrillers featuring Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, and the Women's Murder Club.

DETECTIVE CROSS: An Alex Cross Story
An anonymous caller has promised to set off deadly bombs in Washington, DC. A cruel hoax or the real deal? By the time Alex Cross and his wife, Bree Stone, uncover the ch
Published July 17th 2018 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Triple Homicide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Triple Homicide

Carol
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
These are bookshots compiled into one book. There's an Alex Cross Story, a Women's Murder Club Story, and a Michael Bennett Story. These are all books/stories I've heard/read and enjoyed. I was kind of surprised that they are items we've already heard. As far as recommendations, I find we each have our own opinions. Some folks like this format, and others are hugely disappointed. I'll leave that up to each of you.
Linda Munro
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a collection of three shorter James Patterson stories. Each story is from one pf Patterson’s most popular series: Alex Cross, The Women’s Murder Club and Michael Bennett.

The first story: DETECTIVE CROSS: An Alex Cross Story occurs during Cross’ suspension from work for his use of deadly force. Ales has re-opened his psychology practice in the basement of his home and is presently attempting to help a patient who received a court order for treatment. This patient is suffering from PTSD, b
Mark
Aug 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, james-patterson
This ebook contains three novellas with Cross, the Women's Murder Club & Michael Bennet as leading characters.
Cross - concerns himself with a bomber whose aims to change the Senate vote about the finances of the Veterans, it looks like the congress does or cannot (both are so real) make a decision in time which means that a lot of money gets lost to the war veterans and the promise of the nation to take care of his warriors seems to be a lie.

Women's murder Club - A woman rises from a table
Kami Bumgardner
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
it really irritates me that he re-released book shots together as a new book, knowing that most die-hard Patterson fans will buy literally anything he puts out, not realizing that they've already read it. I mean, the individual stories weren't terrible...but I'm mad that I thought I was getting some new material, when in fact that was not 100% true.
Preston
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Triple Homicide presents three new crime stories for James Patterson. Starting off with Alex Cross and his wife searching for a bomber before he strikes again. This story is an intense storyline that is a page turner with an interesting ending. Then the most thrilling story comes when the Women’s Murder Club deals with a woman walking up in the morgue. Full of non stop mystery, this truly has an ending that is original. Triple Homicide ends with Michael Bennett dealing with a bombing during the ...more
Patsygermany
This book was three books. First book was an Alex cross story, second book was a Women’s Murder Club and the last book was a Michael Bennett book that I had already read. The first two were okay, nothing special and I
Have already reported what I thought of the last one.
Barbara Zannini
I normally don’t like books with more than one story, but this was three of my favorite crime series, so it was good.
Laurie Lewis
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was three short stories...I thought the three were going to be working together in a blowout adventure...
Holly
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Three perfectly fine short stories, but I was bummed it wasn’t a crossover book! How fun would it be for Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, and Lindsay Boxer to work together? Make it happen, James Patterson!!!
Pam Barton
It was 3 short stories. I thought it would be one novel with the 3 characters. Disappointed.
juliahalton
Aug 12, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Disappointed

I missed the part where it said this was old material. Since I have read every one of Patterson's books, of course I had read them all. First time I have ever given a Patterson book less than five stars. I am still a no. 1 fan and am looking forward to the next NEW book.
Donna Hines
Aug 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Three previously published stories tied together in one is presented here in Triple Homicide.
The first deals with an Alex Cross Story when an anonymous caller gets in touch with Chief Bree Stone threatening to let loose on the Washington Mall using an IED.
It's 'your worst nightmare' says the caller when she asked who it was calling her.
Could it be Master Gunnery Sergeant the deaf vet with an ax to grind?
Could it be a vet whose under duress suffering from PTSD?
Could it be a loved one of a vet who
Karen Birman kent
unique 3 story book all involving James PAtterson. The first was about Alex Cross trying to solve random bombings in downtown DC. Alex's wife Bree would receive a phone call alerting her that there was going to be a bomb but the damage was always minimal. Then Kate WIlliams, a troubled young lady going to Alex for counseling developed a theory on who was doing the bombing. It ended up being a boy named Mickey whose dad had lost his legs and 1 arm when an AED blew up in Afghanistan. HE was trying ...more
Ric Evans
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve been a fan of James Patterson since I read Season of the Machete in the late ‘70’s so, when I saw this book advertised I simply had to give it a look. I’ve read all of his Alex Cross novels, and have already pre-ordered Target Alex Cross which is coming in November. How could I possibly pass up the novella, Detective Cross, which kicks off Triple Homicide. It’s a quick read, the story of a bomber who doesn’t really want to hurt anyone, or does he? Patterson lays bare the plight of disabled ...more
V. Goethals
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Three stories in one book. I hadn't read anything by James Patterson in quite some time.

The first story was about the classic Detective Alex Cross. Not much has changed, Alex Cross loves his current wife (a police chief herself) and still has the wonderful, gourmet cooking, advice-giving Nana Mama to take care of everything in their family home. Simple story line, always a little personal to Detective Cross and he still likes to break a rule or two and will always get his bad guy.

Story two was a
Jordyn Redwood
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Listened to this on audio CDs. Have to say that Hachette really does well the the audio recordings of James Patterson's books and this one is right up there.

It is a book containing three novellas. One each for Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, and the characters from the Women's Murder Club.

I liked the Michael Bennett one the best. The Alex Cross one was very agenda driven but still enjoyable. I was least impressed with the Women's Murder Club story, but I don't read that series so that could defin
Marleen
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The 3 short stories here are reasonably okay, in the sense that they are entertaining enough to finish them, because of the sympathetic characters.
In the first story, Alex Cross deals with bomb threats, so no homicide there. The second story features the Women's murder club, with Cindy, the reporter, and Claire, the medical examiner at the forefront, and finally the third story, was maybe the best, featuring Michael Bennett, with all his children attending NY's Macy's Parade when a crazy man plo
Doug
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
These were three stories that were originally published on their own as part of the Book Shot group which is James Patterson characters in stories of usually 125 - 175 pages maximum - I had already read The Women's Murder Club - Medical Examiner. Detective Cross bridges between Cross the Line and The People vs Alex Cross and Manhunt carries on from the last Micheal Bennett book by briefly touching on the oldest son being in jail.
Monica
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy JP's books. This one contained 3 stories from three of my favorite series he writes. The first is an Alex Cross one. It's abound bombs going of at sites in D.C. The second one is a Women's Murder Club. It's about an attempted murder. I laughed at parts of it. The last one is a Michael Bennet one. It's about a person driving a truck into parade watchers at the Macy Parade. They were all good. Happy Reading 😀
Joni Haynes
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I won this book from Goodreads. James Patterson is one of my favorite authors, and Alex Cross is one of my favorite characters. The book had 3 parts...the first (Alex Cross) was disappointing...lots of Cross's wife, Bree...not much Alex Cross! The other two parts, (Michael Bennett and The Women's Murder Club) made for very interesting reading...each of these stories could stand on their own as a book. The book is well worth a read...even though there should have been more of Alex Cross!
Gloria Zak
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Liked the book. Short stories featuring characters in Patterson series. Detective Cross featured a story about vets and the government treatment for them. Like the Kate Williams character and her heroine part in the ending. The Medical Examiner story, featuring Conklin mainly along with Claire, was a little far fetched. Manhunt was a twist on a terrorist attack in New York. It was short but complex and Michael Bennett is right in the middle of it all.
Amber
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great way to get a “fix” for these 3 characters separate character lines. For someone who has been considering starting one of these series, it was a good introduction to the characters. It’s a quick read, as James Patterson’s books are, with short chapters and interesting storylines. Perfect for lunchtime reading at work.
Margaret Fraleigh
This is a book with three separate stories.

The first was one with Alex Cross involving a bomber.

The second was with The Women's Murder Club involving a murder.

The third was with Michale Bennette which involved a terrorist plot.

As always - James Patterson's books have strong characters and good story lines.
Laura Jutras
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
James Patterson never disappoints. Alex Cross is my favorite of the three ongoing series - I've read several from each group. I will say though that my favorite short story in this group was the Michael Bennett story.
Reading each story was like greeting old friends... But just a short visit. I would recommend this book to a diehard James Patterson fan as well as a first time reader.
Sara Hill
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you enjoy any of James Patterson's series you will enjoy this. If you have not read any James Patterson, this is a good place to start. For a full review check out my blog.

Mary Drayer
Three short stories in one book-Alex Cross, Michael Bennett and Women’s Murder Club....Ah short stories, just when you are getting into the characters-the story ends😤. Loved the idea that there were three stories in one book. A very quick read
Kim
Sep 11, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was excited to read this book because these are the 3 series by James Patterson that I read. I thought it would be 3 new short stories, but it wasn't. It was just previously published Book Shots put into one book. How disappointing: I'd already read 2 of the 3.
Sheryl Jones
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is not of book that has Alex Cross, Michael Bennett and the Women's Murder Club all working on one case all together. That being said the three mini stories are each engaging , easy to read and nothing I had read before.
Marianne Whiisenhunt
As always Paterson delivers. Complete stories from each of my favorite series. Easy fast reading . Would love

a book uniting all three together solving a crime. Cross, Boxer and Bennett doing what they do best. Crime, family and friends .
NM Hill
Was a three in one book. I have a feeling I have read some of all of this book in others that Patterson had done. Since everyone seem like a repeat to me. but finished it anyway. Since I enjoy all his people in them.
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books wo