Start by marking “From Here to You” as Want to Read:
From Here to You

From Here to You

(Crash and Burn #1)

As Darby Dixon sits in a tiny Texas church bathroom on her wedding day holding a positive pregnancy test, she realizes that of all the bad decisions she's made in her life, marrying her abusive fiancé would be the worst. She's never been able to stand up for herself, but she'll sure as hell stand up for her baby. With just the cash she has on hand, she runs to get a bus ti
Published August 21st 2018 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about From Here to You, please sign up.
Shannon Ford Have you read Beautiful Burn yet? They are in that book. Darby is an employee at the hotel they stay at and Trex is an agent questioning Taylor and…moreHave you read Beautiful Burn yet? They are in that book. Darby is an employee at the hotel they stay at and Trex is an agent questioning Taylor and Tyler about Travis' involvement in the campus fire. Hope that helps :)(less)
Stephanie
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Cristina | CristiinaReads
➳Second chances at finding your TRUE soulmate are very rare, but in this compelling romance story by Jamie McGuire there is only perfection and true admiration...

➳I'm not the biggest fan of romance stories with military or army heroes that have a broken heart and need mending from their true mate, but this one has changed my mind in every retrospective of wanting more of the story when it comes down to Darby and Trex. Scott "Trex" is an alpha male that provides the inner knowledge of just bein
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I think I've officially outgrown Jamie McGuire.

I read Beautiful Disaster waaaay back in 2011 and enjoyed it, but I haven't read Jamie McGuire since my epic fails with Providence and Walking Disaster in 2013. Now I remember why.

From Here to You was tedious, cliched, and, worst of all, boring. God, if you read these books and you think that this is all that the romance world has to offer, I have news for you.

First of all, lemme talk about the insta-love. I want to bury insta-love with a shovel,
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I have no shame in admitting I love a good damsel in distress story, especially when her savior is a military man. So when I saw the blurb for Jamie McGuire's newest book you can bet i jumped at the chance to read it.

From Here to You is the story of Darby, a runaway bride who left her abusive fiance on her wedding day, and Trex, a retired Marine trying to start over with a new job in the one place he thinks will bring him peace. When he meets Darby he instantly kno
Carrie
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
From Here to You by Jamie McGuire is the first book of the new Crash and Burn contemporary romance series. While this is the opening of a new series apparently the characters in From Here to You were minor players in another series, I believe The Maddox Brothers although I’m not 100% sure as this is my first novel I’ve read from Jamie McGuire myself. Having finished this one and loving it though I can say you don’t need to have read the previous to enjoy this even if the character/s have crossed ...more
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IPADS FLAT WILL WRITE UP REVIEW LATER

FROM HERE TO YOU: is the first book, full length, romance novel in J. McGuire's ‘Crash and Burn' series.

We’re first introduced to Darby Dixon as she’s contemplating becoming a runaway bride, having taken a pregnancy test in the toilet of the church she’s getting married in where she’s having second thoughts, and for good reason too, a toxic, overbearing fiancé, she knows she doesn’t want to bring up a child in that environment and with the help from a
NMmomof4
DNF @ 19%

I haven't added a book to my DNF shelf in a while, and I didn't even make it to the 30% mark that I usually make myself get to before doing so. Since I didn't, I feel like I need to say I might not have given this a fair chance.

It felt too slow. Nothing was happening and it felt like it was dragging. The h was alright, but the constant reminder about how everyone wanted her and how beautiful she was got a little old. The H seemed alright too, but he was already declaring the h to be his
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Disappointed*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

I am surprised at how little I actually liked the book. How little I liked the story and the characters. Why I'm surprised? Well, Jamie McGuire gave us Travis Maddox, but apparently no one else can live up to him and specially not the former Marine, Scott ‘Scottie’ ‘Trex’ Solomon Trexler (35). He was nice and kind and all that, but there was nothing special about him, nothing that made my heart skip a beat... nothing. He just was. As for Darby Dixon (how old?)... she
Kayla Brunson
I was happy to see that Jamie was releasing a new series. However, it was very short lived because nothing happened!

Darby leaves her abusive ex at the altar and flees to start over with and hide from him. She swears off dating and just wants to focus on her and her unborn child. She meets Trex at the hotel that she gets a job at and they have an instant connection. I hate to say that I wasn’t really into the relationship between Darby and Trex.

Besides nothing happening, I think what really both
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Darby just 'Runaway-Brided' it from her own wedding. But she has a good reason - her fiancé is an abusive a**hole! And ... she's kinda pregnant - which she just found out in the bathroom at church.
She's not raising a kid with that guy.

Her best friend gives her some money and drops her at the bus station.
Off to Colorado she goes.
After selling her wedding dress and buying some normal clothes, she immediately finds a job at a very busy hotel. Busy because all those sexy hotshot firemen stay there.
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

She's not raising a kid with that guy.

Her best friend gives her some money and drops her at the bus station.
Off to Colorado she goes.
Beth
From Here to You has everything I should love in a contemporary romance. A woman, Darby, skips out on her wedding day after finding out she is pregnant. The child gave her the strength to run from an abusive relationship.

Trex was in the military, worked for the FBI and now works in a classified security job for a secret government project. He sees Darby working at the hotel he's checked into near his new job and instantly knows she is the woman for him. Trex will stop at nothing to convince Darb
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Jamie McGuire Fans, Romance
4 Knowing You are Out There Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
We all know about Love at First Sight...There is look, a knowing and like Michael in The Godfather, you can be "Hit with the thunderbolt" when it hits, especially those who never thought they would ever fall in love. Many have fallen and that was that...

But what about a man who just Knows...Knows his One is out there and holds true to this idea for years... that when he sees her, he will just know...Is he crazy...and isn't it kind odd for a m
Elle's Book Blog
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Release Date: August 21, 2018
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Actual Rating: 3.5-4 stars

Jamie McGuire has always been one of my favorite authors as I fell in love with Beautiful Disaster. While none of her other books truly stacked up to that one, I think From Here to You is on that track. It's a sweet, single mother/surprise pregnancy romance with suspenseful elements, and a one of a kind alpha hero. Trex is dreamy. He's a special agent, fiercely protective, and refuses to settle down until "the o
Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~

***2.5 Stars***

It pains me in so many ways to have to rate a novel by an author that I hold up so high on a pedestal, so low… My heart is legit broken. one thing I learned through my life when it comes to reading. it is humanly impossible to love every book, no matter how bad you want it to happen.

About From Here To You:

Darby is on the run from her abusive ex-fiance after leaving him at the altar. On the day of her wedding she realized with a plastic stick that it isn’t just her anymore and she’
Read  Forever
We are so pumped for Jamie's upcoming book.

Entertainment Weekly featured an exclusive excerpt: http://ew.com/books/2018/03/13/jamie-...
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

3 Stars

I was hooked from page one when a victim of domestic abuse is ready to set foot down the aisle to be married to her abuser. The runaway bride takes off with precious cargo in her belly, with only the bridal gown on her back. This resonated with me for varying reasons.

Darby flees to Colorado Springs, and that was yet another tie linking me to the novel itself, as I visit there and Estes Park every summer, along with Pike
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

Darby is no damsel in distress, but that doesn't mean Trex doesn't want to sweep her off her feet and protect her in his castle. A sweet, southern girl from Texas with nothing but the clothes on her back and a hotel job, Darby knows the road will be all uphill, but it's worth it to give her baby something better. She isn't just playing hard to get when she ignores the advances of the hotshots in Colorado, but something about Trex makes her change h
Debra Presley
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book! I ate it up in a day! I don't know how but before I knew it was 50% done.

Darby is such a strong character. She learned she was pregnant on her wedding day and instead of marrying an abusive man she chose to run and give her and her unborn child the chance at a better life. This decision also made the future scary and unpredictable.

By luck and a personality that seems to draw everyone to her she lands a job at a hotel. This is where everything changes for her. The hotel is buzzing wi
Angelica Juarez Gonzalez
Y cuando no lo creías posible, Jamie McGuire te lo hace posible.description

Esta autora se quemó en su propia formula. Exploto Beautiful Disaster y sigue haciéndolo.

Ahora en forma de “otra” serie con “otro” nombre y personajes de la serie de los hermanos Maddox.

No sé quién diablos es Trex, no tengo ni idea―ya ni lo recuerdo. Y NO ME IMPORTA. Cuenta que es un personaje de Beautiful Sacrifice y Beautiful Burn y compañero de trabajo de Tomas Maddox.descriptiondescription

Así que ya me imagino por donde viene esto.
Umaiya ✨Insignificant September✨
Truth: This read like a choppy old western.

I had to constantly remind myself this was a contemporary fiction and not based somewhere in the 1800s or whatever.
It felt choppy and dislocated, all jagged edges. The fact that this was my first Jamie McGuire turned out to be an issue (when it shouldn't have been) what with all the name dropping.
I just couldn't keep track of all the characters that kept showing up. My head's still reeling from that overdose.
After the 75% mark (I'm super surprised I l
☽ TheBibliotheque
DNF 60%

Another McGuire that bites the dust.

I think it's time for me to give her books up, no matter how appealing the premises are, because I cannot take any more disappointment. I pushed through as long as I could but honestly, there are way too many amazing unread books out there and too little time to waste it around in a book that reads like a draft that was never edited. I swear, paragraphs must have been forgotten or went missing because not even some of the dialogues made any sense.

*screa
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Grade: D

Darby Dixon makes a run for the border when she discovers she’s pregnant on her wedding day. Unable to face being tied permanently to her abusive fiance, she leaves and reinvents herself as a young single mother in a small Colorado town. Picking up a job at a local hotel, she meets a man who reminds her too much of her fiance and vows to stay away but what Scott Trexler, former Marine and top security specialist wants…he gets. And he wants Darby. As Trex struggles to prove to Darby they
Ashley Mayer
"From Here to You" is supposed to be the start to a new series by Jamie McGuire. It's about Darby, who escapes an abusive fiancé on her wedding day. She ends up in a hotel in Colorado Springs, Colorado where she works the front desk and meets Scott 'Trex' Trexler. This had the potential to be a great story but unfortunately it fell short.

Even though this book is the start of a new series I kept feeling like I was missing something. Characters were popping up with no introduction, backstory, or
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Copy received for an honest review

This was a quick DNF for me.

2 chapters in and I remembered why I haven't read a Jamie McGuire book for years. It took me only that long to be annoyed by the writing, the characters, everything about it.

This was a big ol' nope from me
The Reading's Love Blog
RECENSIONE QUI: https://thereadingslove.blogspot.com/...

description
Per chi ha amato la storia dei fratelli Maddox, sicuramente amerà anche questa storia in egual modo. Jamie McGuire ha la capacità di dare spazio ai dettagli e sono proprio questi piccoli dettagli a fare la differenza. Darby Dixon è una dolce ragazza che dal Texas fugge dalle menzogne in cui ha creduto a lungo per ricominciare da capo in un nuovo Stato. Arriva in Colorado e qui accetta un lavoro come receptionist in un hotel. Sa che la strad
Stacy Fetters
Oct 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
This was one book that I was so excited to read after I received an arc. Something made me wait and push it back on my list. Now I know why.

Nothing about this story was appealing, the characters were dull, and it was about two hundred pages too long. No matter how many pages that I’ve read, it felt as if thirty more were added. It was never ending.

The first ten pages pulled me in and I couldn’t read that fast enough and that was it for the entire story. Nothing worthwhile happened and it was a
Inked Avenue
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I have a long, bad history with jerks," she said.

"I can pretend to be one long enough to get your attention."

"You have it."

description

The contemporary romance queen is back and armed with your next book boyfriend. From Here To You exceeded all my expectations, and it even brought back the same feelings I experienced while reading Beautiful Disaster.

In signature McGuire style, the story picks up right in the middle of a crisis. The struggle is there, the choices to be made are not easy, and the consequence
Dulce María
Se supone que como leí toda la saga de beautiful disaster debería saber quien es Trex pero en serio ¿separan que recuerde a los personajes secundarios de los 11 libros anteriores?
Hay pequeñas apariciones de Taylor y Tayler pero nada nuevo por aportar a sus historias.
Darby me desesperaba mucho y nunca terminaron de contar su pasado y ¿que demonios estaba pasando en el complejo militar?
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s

From here to You is the newest Jamie McGuire romance and fans of her Maddox brothers will love this! Let me start with the things that bothered me. Why you ask? Because I still loved this book regardless!

Darby is one of those girls that is so beautiful, everyone wants her. I'm kind of tired of this too gorgeous heroine. I am over the author constantly pointing out how pretty and desired the heroine is. Its shallow and vapid.
Why are characters so against letting someone help them? I understan
3.5/5 stars

From Here to You is the first book in the new Crash and Burn series. This is a spin-off from the Maddox Brothers series. However, some events from the Maddox Brothers books are actually shown again in this book. And Tyler and Taylor Maddox have minor roles in this story.

I like the Maddox Brothers. But I think that I would have preferred to have this series be completely separate from the author's previous books. How many times do we have to read about the same fire?

The narrators of th
  • Cry Baby Cry
  • Burning Truth (Burning, #2)
  • Covered (Trent Brothers, #3)
  • Three Rules
  • The End (CageVec Security, #3)
  • Bet You Can't (Unlikely, #1)
  • Coffee, Dates, and Tucker
  • Commitment
  • Untitled (Sinners on Tour Encores, #4)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • First Love Never Dies
  • Every Changing Way (Sloan Brothers, #4)
  • Untitled (Rusk University, #5)
Jamie McGuire was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She attended Northern Oklahoma College, the University of Central Oklahoma, and Autry Technology Center where she graduated with a degree in Radiography.

Jamie paved the way for the New Adult genre with the international bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Her follow-up novel, Walking Disaster, debuted at #1 on the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Jou

Crash and Burn (3 books)
  • The Edge of Us (Crash and Burn #2)
  • Untitled: A Novel (Crash and Burn, #3)
“we were also aware of our faults without playing the victim.” 2 likes
“I was decent because to her, I wasn’t a monster. If she knew more about me, she might change her mind.” 1 likes