Start by marking “Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #2)

Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow

(Nevermoor #2)

4.51  ·  Rating details ·  14,242 ratings  ·  2,339 reviews
Wunder is gathering in Nevermoor ...

Morrigan Crow may have defeated her deadly curse, passed the dangerous trials and joined the mystical Wundrous Society, but her journey into Nevermoor and all its secrets has only just begun. And she is fast learning that not all magic is used for good.

Morrigan Crow has escaped her deadly fate and found a new home in the fantastical city
Published November 13th 2018 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published October 30th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Wundersmith, please sign up.
Barry Haworth The main plot points of this story are resolved within the story, but there are other plot threads which will be continued in the sequel.

·  14,242 ratings  ·  2,339 reviews

Start your review of Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #2)
Emma Giordano
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
4.5 Stars! Review to come! I adored this sequel.
Melanie
1.) Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow ★★★★★

This is just such a perfect story about finding your safe places in the world, and also escaping people's expectations of you, while also feeling a sense of belonging. I just love Morrigan so much, and this truly feels like a once in a lifetime series. The power of a little magic, a lot of friendship, and all the unconditional love.

Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Blog | Spotify | Twitch

I read this for the Backlist Readathon!
Riley
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just love this series so much!!!
monica kim
i’m honestly overwhelmed by how good this series is!
Kaitlin
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-sff-faves
Wow, this was brilliant fun and in my opinion even better than the first in the series. I think this one gave me all those nostalgic feelings of when I first read Harry Potter, and I couldn't help but to fall in love with the world once again and get emotionally invested in the characters. There was so much to like in this book, and Morrigan's story felt a bit darker and the stakes were higher too. I think if you like the first you will love the second!

This book continues where the first one lea
Kayla Dawn
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
I think I liked this better than the first one!
It's magical and funny, it has charming characters and the world building is super interesting. I wish we'd get a little more of it though. Excited for the third installment!
Emily
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say except I LOVE THIS SERIES.

Once again, Townsend pulls you into a world of wunder and whimsy, and doesn't let go. We follow Morrigan as she begins classes as the Wundrous Society, and follow her on a journey about belonging and finding yourself.

Like many of the great classics of children's literature, Townsend plays with the fallibility of adults. What do you do when the people who are supposed to look out for you, to know what to do when faced with challenges, aren't there to help?
Brenda
Nine young people in Morrigan Crow’s unit – nine who had said under oath to be friends, be loyal to each other. Morrigan was thrilled to finally have a family; to have people who cared about her. When they all began their classes, the students had ingenious and exciting things to learn – all except Morrigan, whose teacher would concentrate on Wundersmith’s alone – and how evil and degraded they all were, both past and present. Morrigan’s patron, Jupiter North, did all he could to change the Elde ...more
Connor
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this series so much. This second installment was a blast and a half. It definitely continues to have some Harry Potter vibes with horrible teachers, a fantastical carriage/common room, a missing cat (Mrs. Norris?), a Malfoy-and-others-type group of bullies, and Morrigan being a parselmouth... *cough* I mean... lol enemies of the heir beware! But it is it's own story with tons of adventures for Morrigan and her classmates that keep you engaged and thoroughly entertained. My favorites ...more
Katie Ziegler (Life Between Words)
Five glorious stars. I’m obsessed.
fffrank!
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carolyn
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this follow up to the highly original Nevermoor, Jessica Townsend continues the adventures of Morrigan Crow as she is admitted into the Wundrous society and sent to the Wundrous Society headquarters to receive her education along with the other successful applicants. While everyone else in her group is doing really interesting subjects, Morrigan is frustrated that the society doesn't seem to want her to learn anything useful. Jupiter is too distracted to help her as he is busy looking for a n ...more
Mellie Antoinette
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“For one shining, triumphant moment you became a dragon because Wunder grew tired of you being a mouse.”

Morrigan Crow is the awesomest of Dearborn’s bothersome malingerers. That is all! 🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉
Kerri
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've just finished this book and I'm struggling to figure out the best way to sum up just how much I loved it. I can say with confidence that the Nevermoor series has already earned it's place amongst my favourite books. I adore Morrigan Crow, she is such a wonderful character, but it's not just her, it's Jupiter, Hawthorne, Fenestra, the hotel, the brilliantly crafted world that Jessica Townsend is sharing.
I'm so excited for the next one (release date unknown), but in the meantime, I wouldn't
Avanti Mukhopadhaya
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade
The adorable quirky tales of Ms. Morrigan Crow continue...and her adventures get even more exciting...

After having barely passed her trials, Mog is left confused and bewildered. Saying anything more about the finale of the first book or elaborating further on the title of this book, will amount to revealing spoilers for the first book. So, I'll keep mum.

This book gives more reasons to the reader to draw parallels with Harry Potter. The stand-offs with the adversary, questioning one's own goodne
Lynette Noni
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was SO GOOD!!! Seriously -- ALL THE STARS!!! *Insert unending heart eyes here*
Rian *fire and books*
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Update 7/11
Gemma Whelan does it again! She is such a stunning narrator and truly captures the magic and whimsy of this series. Her voice talents are unparalleled in her ability to voice such a variety of characters. I can’t wait to listen to this again before the release of Hollowpox.

Original review:
This goes as no surprise to anyone who has had to listen to me talk about how much I loved the first book, but guess what? I LOVE THE SECOND ONE JUST AS MUCH.

Why? Because it’s magicalfunwhimsicalwi
⋆  yel  ⋆
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-reads, review, owned
Date read: January 4-January 7, 2019

Actual Rating: 4.50 STARS

Unsurprisingly, I loved it almost as much as the first book. Yes, almost, though not that big of a difference, really. Dropped a half star from my rating because this time, I found a little something that made me rolled my eyes out of frustration for a couple of times. And it was Morrigan's stubbornness, impulsiveness and a few times settling for some exasperating decisions. Yeah, I know she's just a child, and being a child i
Michael
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ozzie-gems
After the wundrously magical and funny Nevermoor - The Trials of Morrigan Crow our main protagonist returns picking up where we left off. Having successfully made it through the trials in book one Morrigan will join Hawthorne and seven other scholars in Unit 919 studying at the prestigious Wundrous Society. The unit will need all there knacks as they navigate their ways through a challenging 6 months.

Morrigan will have to fight through the stigma of being a Wundersmith in a land that fears them.
Susan
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book follows on from, “Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow.” We met Morrigan in the first book, where we discovered her story. Cursed, she was destined to die on her eleventh birthday; plus all of the bad luck that occurs is blamed on her. However, before her fate overtakes her, she is whisked away by a man called Jupiter North to the secret city of Nevermoor, where she is given the chance to join the Wundrous Society.

However, of course, despite having escaped her fate, life is not going
Kylie H
May 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
This is the second book in the Nevermoor series and happily even better than the first. I belted through this book and was SO disappointed when I arrived at the end!
The first book The Trials of Morrigan Crow sets the scene and establishes the characters. I did enjoy it but did not find it nearly as engaging as the second book where the scene now having been set the story itself seems to take off.
A delightful book that is magical and scary and exciting and funny and sad! A great book for anyone o
Sarah Swann
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eeeeek! I loved this just as much as the first book. It dives more into the world and how things work. It was magical and the perfect escape. I love this series so much!
✨Emily | Procrastinating • Bibliophile
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️🔅
4.5/5 stars

Wundersmith is an exciting, greatly entertaining sequel to Nevermoor. To think that Morrigan Crow’s cursed life is behind her is a big mistake. Life at Wunsoc is not all sunshine and rainbows for Morrigan as she struggles to find her place within the prestigious Wundrous Society due to her very unique knack—aka being a Wundersmith —which is greatly feared and/or hated in Nevermoor.

Pros:

✨ I love the gradual development of Morrigan’s friendship with Cadence and the her conti
rachel ☾
#1) Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow ★★★★★

🌻 Trigger warnings for child abuse, emetophobia, kidnapping, captivity, blackmail, mild violence, bullying, and discrimination.

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagram
Romie
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
me before starting Wundersmith: I won't love it as much as Nevermoor. it's not possible.
me after finishing Wundersmith: well, shit, it was. (4.5)
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Miss Morrigan Crow, calamitous young lady of the Wintersea Republic is now preparing to become an esteemed scholar of the Wundrous Society, accompanying eight fellow students including the marvellous Hawthorne. Although compelled to confidentiality considering the dastardly mayhem instigated by Wundersmith Ezra Squall, Morrigan's Wundersmith ability is discovered and unscrupulously, an unknown antagonist is conspiring towards the extraordinary children with a bizarre series of anonymous notes an ...more
Mara
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, physical-owned
I finally polished this one off-- and definitely enjoyed it more than the first installment. I think thematically this book is doing interesting things, and I particularly like the themes around confronting our own inner darkness & the reality of people having both good and bad sides for a middle grade novel. This is a series that has a decidedly dark flavor to it, which I'm digging now that I'm fully into the story, and I'm excited to see where the series goes next. I was going back and forth b ...more
Ryan Buckby
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
as far as sequels go i think i'm pretty darn happy with how this one went and that's saying a lot for me with sequels these days.

Plot: picking things right up after the events of book one and Morrigan is living in Hotel Deucalion and is now in the wonder society after passing her test from the previous year. When i first started reading this book i just missed it so much and instantly jumped right back into this world that i had missed for so long between my reading it.

This book to me had th
¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪SomeBunny Reads (Phoenix)•*¨*•♫♪

Do you ever read the first book in a series and you get super exited about it but the second book still hasn't come out so you pre-order it and you just can't wait for it to arrive but then when it arrives the hype for the first one is gone from your mind and you put off reading it until one day you see it on the shelf and you are like why haven't I read this book yet and then you read it and you are like why the heck did I wait so much to read this thing oh my gosh this is amazing? Yeah, that
The Captain
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Ahoy there me mateys! If ye haven’t read the first book in this series, nevermoor, then ye might want to skip this post and go read the first book. Worth the read. If ye keep reading this log then ye have been forewarned and continue at yer own peril . . . . . .

I absolutely loved the first book and the crew has been saying that the second book was even better. I concur. This was amazing! It was so wonderful to be back with Morrigan and the lovely crew in Nevermoor. Morrigan has made it into the

• Tilly and the Bookwanderers (Pages & Co. #1)
  • Malamander (The Legends of Eerie-on-Sea, #1)
  • Frostheart (Frostheart #1)
  • Tilly and the Lost Fairytales (Pages & Co., #2)
  • A Pinch of Magic (A Pinch of Magic, #1)
  • Willow Moss and the Lost Day (Starfell #1)
  • Winterhouse (Winterhouse, #1)
  • Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)
  • The Secrets of Winterhouse (Winterhouse, #2)
  • Keeper of the Lost Cities (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #1)
  • Orion Lost
  • Twice Magic (The Wizards of Once #2)
  • The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
  • The Vanishing Stair (Truly Devious, #2)
  • The Wizards of Once (The Wizards of Once #1)
  • Exile (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #2)
  • A Sprinkle of Sorcery (A Pinch of Magic, #2)

Nevermoor (3 books)
  • The Trials of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #1)
  • Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #3)