Start by marking “The Ancient Tripod of Peace (Teen Thief-Catchers, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Ancient Tripod of Peace (Teen Thief-Catchers, #1)

The Ancient Tripod of Peace

(Teen Thief-Catchers #1)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  23 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Teens Lexi and Gil face relic-thieving secret societies.

Plagued by loneliness in her Lake Erie Islands community, vegan Lexi hopes to make like-minded friends in high school. But her dad’s job is jeopardized when relics are stolen from his museum, changing her priorities. And she finds her new teachers’ eerie dislike of her troubling.

His dad in jail, cipher enthusiast and
Published March 13th 2018 by Kalen Cap

To ask other readers questions about The Ancient Tripod of Peace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ancient Tripod of Peace

Clipinchick
Apr 29, 2018 marked it as to-read
I this book for free from the author/publisher in response for an honest review of the book. I have not had the opportunity to read this book at this time. I will add my
review of this book once I have read the book. Thank k you for allowing me the optometrist review your work. I look forward to reading this book.
Andrea
Jul 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I am always a sucker for a book that takes place in the state of Ohio, as that is where I was born. I almost relate better to the setting, because I am familiar with it. Add in the idea of a mystery with artifacts and secret codes, and I was completely intrigued.

This story is akin to National Treasure and The DaVinci Code in that ancient codes and secrets are hidden right in front of our faces, and only certain people are able to find them and use them. The difference here is it involves a group
Joseph M
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Ancient Tripod of Peace by Kalen Cap is an engaging and detailed crime novel for teen and young adult readers that will also appeal to many older genre fans (myself included) with its plot foci on philosophy, animal protection, and ancient history. The story starts out with a brisk pace which is maintained throughout. A great vacation or summertime book with its lakefront setting.

The “caper”, as it were, occurs in the very first pages, and many of the central mysteries to be solved by the t
Rose
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. I think fans of historical fiction, and thrillers will enjoy it as well. This book centers around three teens doing a school project who have to come up with a code that has to connect ancient greece and Shakespeare. They find that it may have some connection to an ancient tripod artifact that was stolen from a museum. I highly recommend this book for fans of mystery.
Mererid Evanna
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love the title and the cover – very attractive – but I found the book hard to get into. This was partly, I think, because of the author's bold choice in having multiple points of view, teens and adults, both "light" and "dark" characters, in successive chapters. I also found the whole business of the school project and the code rather unbelievable. I have to wonder what the original purpose of the tripod was, but perhaps most likely an aid to self-knowledge or meditation – and the E-Pyths' str ...more
Cath
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the start of high school for a group of teens. Lexi wants to make friends and is looking forward to seeing her old friend Anita, but issues with her dad’s job at a museum, bring problems home to her. Gil was at a private school until his father was imprisoned for fraud, so he spent the last year in a public school as a new boy and hopes a new school and new people will help him blend in better. His coding skills will help with the first group project of the year and he finds an unlikely ...more
Sherrie Cronin
This is a fun read that will keep you turning pages and have you googling Shakespeare and ancient Greek history. More than anything, this books seems like Dan Brown (The DaVinci Code, Angels and Demons) for young adults. It’s full of ancient secrets hidden in plain sight and the reader is left wondering how much is true and how much has been made up to serve the plot. It’s a fun kind of confusion, and it kept me eagerly reading until the end.
What I liked best:
The book is filled with complicated
Brittany
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars rounded up to 4.5.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I found the characters intriguing and the story to be fast paced. In the beginning I found myself keeping a list of the characters introduced in the book. I felt like a lot of characters were introduced right away and I wanted to make sure I understood their relation to each other. I also made the list so I could see how the characters tied together. I loved that each character was significant to the story and they each had an impor
J.B. Richards
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When relics are stolen from a museum, a group of teens inadvertently come together for a high school assignment and find a cipher hidden in the writings of Shakespeare, revealing an ancient secret that could pose a significant danger to the here and now.

Teen sleuths will enjoy this mystery-thriller filled with astonishing secrets, endearing characters, copious clues, history, philosophy, archaeology, secret societies, conspiracy theories, and brilliant ciphers. Cap’s plotline moves ahead at a go
Lorraine
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star, mystery
An interesting book that joins a trio of teens who are given the task of finding a link between the world of ancient Greece and a Shakespearean play for a group project at school. Between Gil's computer skills, Trevor's knowledge of Greek history, and Lexi's grandparents, the teens find more than they bargained for.

With their lives on the line, as well as those of friends and family, the group race to untangle the mystery behind the secret societies, the codes, and the ancient artefacts.

With the
Kimberly Love
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Growing up, I always thought that I would be an archeologist and go and dig up bones so reading a book that involved ancient artifacts was a fun read for me. For anyone who also loves mystery and suspense, they are sure to love the book as well. It’s considered to be a Young Adult novel, but I think that adults would like it as well.

Deb
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Although I had no idea what a tripod was and kept thinking of a camera stand. So I looked it up and some history of the society. I thought it was clever integrating the reincarnation into the story. I would definitely read more from this author of similar content.

I received a copy and am freely doing a review.
Linda
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once I was able to get all the characters straight, it was a great quick read. I enjoyed the book and would definitely read another by this author.
Alex (Briennai)
May 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
There were several problems with this book, but I am going to start off with the characters. The characters in this novel were generally uninteresting. I did not feel much of a connection to any of them, even when their stories were supposed to be interesting. It is imperative that a mystery novel have relatable and creative characters because some of the clues can lie in the characters themselves. However, this is not the case for this book, because 2 weeks after reading the novel, I would not ...more
Janelle
Jun 24, 2018 rated it liked it
If the Illuminati were vegan, this would be their story...

This book had all the trappings of ancient secret societies continuing into modern days, from the days of Greek philosophers to secret codes hidden in Shakespeare's plays. If it were written better, I might lump it in with a Dan Brown novel.

The overall story was good. It was engaging, and held my interest readily. The specifics were awkward, though. The writing was stilted and unrealistic (ex: a 15yo boy asking, "May I sit beside you?" in
Jennifer Johnson
Jul 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a complimentary copy in exchange for my honest review.
I was excited when I read the summary. I started this book over a month ago and kept having to stop and come back to it as I would get bored. I did finish it, but it honestly wasn't as exciting as I had hoped. I kept getting confused with the 2 names of groups involved. Also there were some punctuation errors and grammar issues that would momentarily stop me. I am curious though about what the next book could be about.
Leda
Robert Sullens
Debee Sue
Greg Lewis
Mar 19, 2018
Kalen Cap is a writer living in Columbus, Ohio. Active in animal protection and environmental causes, he often brings such concerns into his fiction writing.

After having a number of poems and short stories published, as well as original plays produced locally, he took up novel writing.

"Tangled Ties to a Manatee" is his debut novel.